Ocean Marketing Rep Sues Former Employers

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ocean Marketing Rep Sues Former Employers

Last winter's Great PR Debacle has a new chapter.

Ocean Marketing's Paul Christoforo is a man who has made some poor decisions, like from there [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114961-UPDATE-Penny-Arcade-Smacks-Down-Shady-PR-Dude]. And yet, it doesn't seem like he's learned his lesson, now suing his former employers at N-Control.

To recap: Christoforo rose to notoriety for his belligerence, poor grammar and spelling, and general unprofessional behavior in dealing with a prospective Avenger Controller owner named Dave, including such memorable lines as "Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls." After Dave CC'd Penny Arcade artist Mike "Gabe" Krahulik, things spiraled out of control, with Krahulik posting the emails, boasts and threats on the PA front page.

Avenger manufacturer N-Control dropped Christoforo like he was toxic to distance itself from the fiasco, Christoforo apologized - sort of - and then proceeded to hold N-Control's email account and Twitter hostage to demand immediate compensation and a further contract written on his terms. It was spectacular in a train-wreck sort of way.

Christoforo told Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5908615/ocean-marketing-guy-sues-avenger-controller-maker-for-defamation-of-character] that he was now suing N-Control and its CEO David Kotkin because they were lying about things that "never happened" to harm his business. The email to Kotaku is presented below in full, all spelling/grammar mistakes intact.

[blockquote]The grounds are defamation of Character telling lies about me my company and preventing me from making a living by lying about things that never happened and I plan on going after other people too esp .coms who printed the lies and did not retract after i asked nicely. Breach of contract for them not paying me an undisclosed sum of money Due to me at the time we parted ways and a few other things named in the lawsuit.[/blockquote]

Christoforo claims that Kotkin has been lying to make him look bad, and in all fairness we don't know if anything had taken place between Christoforo and Kotkin that has not yet been made public or what contractual obligations N-Control has to live up to. That said, Christoforo's public behavior speaks volumes for itself, perhaps more than any lies could ever do.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5908615/ocean-marketing-guy-sues-avenger-controller-maker-for-defamation-of-character]

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Oh Christ, not him again.

I enjoyed some of the arguments discussions that were sparked off at the end of last year, but enough's enough. This guy needs to be banned from the internet for his own good.

He's like a lemming on a bungee cord - can't quite hit the bottom of the cliff but he keeps trying.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
My popcorn is a bit stale, but I'll still gladly bring the container back for Cristoforo. So many questions: Why isn't he in jail? How could someone so legendarily stupid have gotten this far in life? Was the Avenger any good?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I'd forgotten about him, by eleven tonght, I'll have forgotten about him again.

But right now, it's amazing the people the get to call themselves professionals.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It's like he doesn't realize that he's acting like a total ass and that no one likes him. He'd probably fit in perfectly with the cast of Jersey Shore.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
piclemaniscool said:
My popcorn is a bit stale, but I'll still gladly bring the container back for Cristoforo. So many questions: Why isn't he in jail? How could someone so legendarily stupid have gotten this far in life? Was the Avenger any good?
1. Unfortunately, being an ass isn't considered illegal.

2. Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

3. Apparently, pretty good. That's the biggest shame of all of this: that the controller - which is supposed to help people with disabilities play games - and its maker are getting their names dragged through the mud because of this jackass.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yay! I was worried this was over. I don't even care what happens next, the internet need this person to be around. Someone really needs to put this guy on camera, though that might diminish the effect of his grammar.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Good God, him again?

Why can't he just go quietly into that good night and get mauled by badgers or something?
cursedseishi said:
Yay! I hope Penny Arcade drops another big-ass fraking hammer on the guys face.

Maybe he'll get into another ignorant e-peen fight against them too, and lose again because his is just so dang small!
You mean he actually still has one? I thought he lost it after that little debacle.

The more you know, I guess.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
cursedseishi said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Good God, him again?

Why can't he just go quietly into that good night and get mauled by badgers or something?
cursedseishi said:
Yay! I hope Penny Arcade drops another big-ass fraking hammer on the guys face.

Maybe he'll get into another ignorant e-peen fight against them too, and lose again because his is just so dang small!
You mean he actually still has one? I thought he lost it after that little debacle.

The more you know, I guess.
You know... I thought that as well! I thought "Surely this man had lost all his pride after the first time, after it was thrown about that he was (albeit allegedly) a wife-beating sack of shit liar trying to rip off legitimate companies with his crap".

Maybe he found a thumbnail of a grain of rice online and is just using that now?
I suddenly feel bad for that grain of rice, poor little rice, it never asked for that. :(

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Oh yay, this guy is back to entertain me. I was getting bored waiting to hear another Tim Langdell story.

What is this guy gonna say in court "Umm, your honor. I completeley made fun of a companies customer that I was representing, I falsely stated that I have all of these connections to people who honestly hadn't heard of me until Mike from PE decided to banhammer me on his site. I helped destroy a good company name that was trying to do something really good for people. So with that I think dey totale owz meh de moneez!!"

Maybe we will all get lucky and get a great image of the judge facepalming before he throws the gavel at this guy.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
It's this guy again! He still does not fail to make me laugh.

I wonder how this guy got any job in the first place? I mean if his grammer is that bad on formal mails and stuff I wonder how bad his CV is.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
People need to do stuff to make him look bad? I felt he was capable of doing that by himself...

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Counter-sue for damages and defamation in his systematic destruction of an entire company and their good works.
I so hope that the lawsuit isn't hot air, I want to see his in court arguments so bad.