Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is Free on Steam Today

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is Free on Steam Today

Legendary platformer Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee can be yours for free if you act fast.

In order to promote it's Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee remake, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/oddworld%20new%20n%20tasty?os=oddworld+new+n+tasty] Steam page, you'll be able to add it to your account for free, where it will stay forever. But you'll have to hurry, as this offer will end September 24 at 10am Pacific time.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was originally released for the PlayStation and PC all the way back in 1997, and is fondly remembered by many old-school gamers as one of sidescrolling platforming's greats, and a kind of evolution on the "Metroidvania" style of platforming. The game put you in control of Abe, a slave worker attempting to escape from the confines Molluck the Glukkon, who plans to turn Abe and his fellow Mudokons into food.

Its flawless platforming combined with its quirky sense of humor cemented the game into a long-running franchise, though none of its sequels ever really came close to the original.

As for New n' Tasty [http://store.steampowered.com/app/314660], it's effectively a HD-remake of the original game, so if you'd love to experience a classic of gaming in the modern age, you can snap it up for 50% off until September 25.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/15700/]

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I know the Oddworld games are kinda liked, but I just can't stand the sight of Abe for more than a few seconds. When I bought the first game yeeeears ago I got the worst summer cholera of my life. I still feel nausea when I see anything Abe related. Except for Stranger's Wrath, that one I really like.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
It's a shame the original didn't really age well. I bought it a while back and tried to play it, but good lord the controls are something else alright.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Xerosch said:
I know the Oddworld games are kinda liked, but I just can't stand the sight of Abe for more than a few seconds. When I bought the first game yeeeears ago I got the worst summer cholera of my life. I still feel nausea when I see anything Abe related. Except for Stranger's Wrath, that one I really like.
Ohhh dude, feel you on that one, I had some of the worst fever and vomiting one easter break when I was a child and I tried to play Crash Bandicoot while I was beddridden... I- ugh, the memories of that illness have tainted my memory of that charming little game and I can't really play it too long even now. Luckily did not try to play any other game. And the CB Sequels are free.

But Crash Bandicoot 1. That poor game, it did nothing wrong.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Quellist said:
In the UK its not free, but its only £0.49
It is free in the UK as well, I downloaded it. You just need to go to a specific part of the store. Type "Abe" into search and it will come up with the free one and you just click install. On the same page it will also mention it is on sale for £0.49.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
A KissLike Smile said:
Quellist said:
In the UK its not free, but its only £0.49
It is free in the UK as well, I downloaded it. You just need to go to a specific part of the store. Type "Abe" into search and it will come up with the free one and you just click install. On the same page it will also mention it is on sale for £0.49.
Thanks for that!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
New and tasty is a bit more than HD remake. They remodelled everything (and changed some levels I hear) in unity in 3D. Looks pretty good too. ;)

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Eh, it's $0.74 for me.

May grab it just because though...which I'm becoming more and more convinced is the mentality that Steam's entire business model is predicated upon.