Of all the ´´big´´ publishers which one do you like/love/tolerate the most?

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Let me get my wooly jumper,
Valve! I've only recently owned a PC that can play 'modern' games, but Valve were nice enough to give me all of their games for only £25. Which is pretty good considering i only wanted Portal 2.
Plus they don't seem to take themselves too seriously. Which is nice.

I'd probably also say Sony. Despite their Monolithic outward appearance, they've put out some really interesting games onto their machines.

Captcha: yActions soap

efAston

Sep 12, 2011
Braedan said:
Neither Bioware or ID are publishers... you're saying you like EA and Bethesda.

OT: I guess I'm going to have to throw my hat in with Valve too, though I see no problems with THQ, I'm not a particular fan of their games.
You're right, I was thinking of developers, but id did publish games (eg Doom). I can't stand Bethesda, but generally get along with EA and Activision.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Varanfan9 said:
William Catching said:
Varanfan9 said:
Nintendo. They don't screw over their customers and create a wider variety of games than most other companies.
Yeah! They have new ideas for our nostalgia, they have repackaged nostalgia, and even nostalgia with HD upgrades in 3D!!
At least they don't have FPS, Rip-off of another FPS, HD FPS, and 3D FPS.
So, by "wider variety" you mean "they put out the same crap but have a smaller variety, but not having an FPS makes it more diverse because my nostalgia says so"

No RTS, no MMO's, no western RPG's, no hack and slash, no open world - what is this so called variety they have? They make platformers. Great, puttin ghtme on par with, whats that studio, oh yeah, EVERYONE IN THE MARKET TODAY.
No I'm saying they have Mario, a platformer, Metriod, exploration side scroller, Zelda, an adventure game, Smash Bros, a fighting game, and star fox a space combat game. They are not a one genre company. Sure they make endless sequels but at least they don't have one genre they focus on and nothing else. And I am a reality young game so nostalgia doesn't have that much effect. They just release good games that aren't all similar to each other. They have something for everyone.

targren

May 13, 2009
Wow. That's actually a harder question than I would have thought. Last year, I would probably have said Nintendo, even in the face of the stupid waggle-requirement of the Wii version of Zelda:TP.

Now, I'm not sure. On one hand, they handed over Other M to Team Ninja and that tool who made Metroid Fusion a crapsack suckfest, then WiiU.

On the other hand... Professor Layton (They publish it, Level 5 developed).

On the gripping hand, Skyward Sword can be epic, or it can suck hard. Could go either way now.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Namco. Despite their treatment of the Tales of franchise(my most favourite video game franchise ever). I just can't help but love Namco.

First place should instead though go to Atlus. They really know how to treat their customers right.
OutrageousEmu said:
No RTS, no MMO's, no western RPG's
Nintendo is a developer as much as a publisher. Of course they don't make wRPGs, they're Japanese. If they made an RPG, which they have, it would be called a jRPG. Because they're Japanese.

Kind of like how you wouldn't call "Jpop", American pop. Also, when has Nintendo every gone for that kind of aesthetic? Nintendo goes for either anime designs, to possibly a fusion of Eastern and Western cartoon ideals in their aesthetics. That's what they do, that's what they're comfortable with, they're a toy company. You're never going to get gritty realism out of Nintendo. And there's nothing wrong with that, because you can put a variety of gameplay to cartoon designs.

Also, say what you want about them, there's only a few genres which they do not touch. And they make a much greater variety than Valve.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Valve and 2k (or is it take 2?), although 2k took a big hit for duke nukem.

Valve seems to actually "care" about customers though (i mean they gave portal 1, one of the greatest games of all time, to us for FREE).

Activision seems to take great pleasure in screwing over its customers in every way possible and then listen to their lamentations of how they are ruining their franchies with great glee.

EA is at least getting a little bit better....mostly due to bioware....

Rapamaha

Dec 6, 2010
THQ - they havent been waving their dick around like EA & Activision does, they also dont have a habit of pushing out ridiculous DLC's that are overpriced compared to content

Microsoft game studios - eventho the word "microsoft" mostly screams of negative feedback I have allways been kinda happy with the games they publish and they pretty much keep to themselves

Rockstar Games - they push out quality games out on regular basis & are one of the few companies who have the balls to make exactly the type of games they want, even if sometimes the subject might be abit "offensive" to some people and they dont really seem to care about all the fuss FOX/Jack Thompson has made about their games, Infact I believe these individuals have made the company even more succesfull