"Oh ****! I hope I don't have to fight THAT!" Moments

pulse2

May 10, 2008
When have you had these moments, which game(s)? Which enemy(ies)?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
When I got to Jacobstown in Fallout New Vegas,I thought the Super Mutants would tear me a new one,though instead I was kindly asked to holster my weapon and not stare at the nightkin. Pretty damn relieved,though it took a while for Rex to appear in the game again so much so that he still wasn't there after I finished Old World Blues.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
"Wait... what? The ship... is... alive? Oh... BALLS."

Upon learning Sovereign was actually alive in Mass Effect.

Or...

"Well, this is odd, but at least I get to see what happened to OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? It's like a weird fucked up flower... FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. And it rhymes... huh. Weird. But all the same FUCK WHAT THE FUCK."

Upon seeing Gravemind for the first time in Halo 2.

Of course, I didn't end up truly fighting either.

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
Warmech in Final Fantasy (1). I didn't have to fight him.. he used NUKE to rape my team first round... sending me back to the title screen.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
I had one when I first saw a Bull Netch in Morrowind. Then, I found out that they were cattle, of all things. That was the moment when I started loving that game.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
The multi beam frigates in Homeworld 1. I was like "those things are going to shred me"

So I captured them all :D

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
"Wait... what? The ship... is... alive? Oh... BALLS."

Upon learning Sovereign was actually alive in Mass Effect.

Or...

"Well, this is odd, but at least I get to see what happened to OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? It's like a weird fucked up flower... FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. And it rhymes... huh. Weird. But all the same FUCK WHAT THE FUCK."

Upon seeing Gravemind for the first time in Halo 2.

Of course, I didn't end up truly fighting either.
What do you think "Cortana" was in Halo 3?

The entire level was a huge boss fight inside the gravemind.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Most of my moments occurred in Resident Evil 4 specifically when the Regenerator in the autopsy room.

Me: Herp derp, I'm glad that thing is frozen it looks scary, I hope I don't have to fight it.
*grabs keycard*

OH SHIIIIII-

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Hmm can't think of one at the moment but mostly I'm more of "O crap, o well let's bring the heavy stuff out and do some damage.." and then 10 deaths later "hmmm head-on-give-everything-you-have, might not be the solution here"

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
The large Bird boss in Shadow of the Collossus
when i first saw it i thought"I hope i can just run past the fast bastard, I don't wanna die here"
Then i remembered that i was playing Shadow of the Collossus and that i was going to have to fight it.
So I pumped myself up,shot an arrow at it and got knocked right into the water

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
K9unittp said:
The original half-life with those shark like things in the water by far
I hate water-based enemies. Those bastards were annoying because you could only shoot them with a select few weapons, and they took many shots.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Human-Reaper in ME2.
Though overall he was a pushover. But when it powered up I was just like "Ohhhh shiiiiii-"

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
SilverJin02 said:
Human-Reaper in ME2.
Though overall he was a pushover. But when it powered up I was just like "Ohhhh shiiiiii-"
Same, I had no sniper rifle ammo left either so I felt screwed... 2 minutes later I felt greatly disappointed and had to wiki the boss to see if he actually attacked, since I didn't get hit and his attacks aren't obvious (to see what they are, not to avoid) when behind cover.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Playing Assassins creed 2 in one of the tombs, a friend had told me to look in the water.

I take a peek in the water and see a giant squid thing swim by, look again and a tentacle comes flying up.

I'm thinking "I need to get through this tomb but aint no way i'm swimming in that".

Felt pathetically stupid when I found out it was just there for show and doesn't try and eat you after spending 20 minutes thinking of ways to kill it.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
when you first lay eyes on the Daedric prince of destruction in oblivion

and hes like 40 friken feet tall

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, when I first beat Skeith in .hack, I was fairly relieved. The boss is dead. Now...what the hell is that rumbling? Why is the ground erupting things? What is-

BAM!!!

Okay, everything's quiet now and- *Doink* Dirt? But from...WHA??!??!!? GIANT FLYING MONSTER THING!!

(Cubia)