"Oh ****! I hope I don't have to fight THAT!" Moments

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
It's a toss up between Resident Evil with the hunter cutscene where my reaction was Oh I do NOT like the look of this thing chasing after me at least I have my shotgun. 1 shot later it gets up o_O. My response after that was along the lines of KILL IT! KILL IT! oh fuuuu....

Then there's the original Aliens vs Predator playing in the dark as a marine minding my own business when I think 'what's that scuttling sound?' <SKREEE, schlop> as a facehugger decides to french kiss my poor marine and there I was so freaked by this I jumped and fell out my chair and think maybe I should turn on the lights now.

Finally there is Dark Messiah finding out about how the people on the island worshipped spiders, which reduced me to whimpering noises.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
Games where there is a boss thats just a hassle to beat. Take the mutation things from the Doc Ock level of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, They block after every punch you throw and have fuck loads of health -.-

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Errrrrr.... I can't really remember ever thinking that...

But yes, I've had a lot of moments where I suddenly realised that charging in might not have been the best option.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Wow, am I REALLY the first person to say this? Really? Okay then, I'll just leave this here:

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Mass Effect 2.

"HOLY SHIT, I am not fighting an overgrown fucking Terminator"
"Oh sweet jesus, praise the HEAVENS, it's falling! I DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT IT, YES!"
10 seconds later
"...ohmygod. OH MY GOD IS THAT ITS HAND. NO NONONO NOOOOO"

Jan 27, 2011
I can't think of a precise gaming moment where I though that. Most of the time, I just go "Oh no... I have to fight THAT?!" and it's usually against most final bosses.

if we're talking board games though...Pretty much any time I see a strong monster pop up in Arkham horror. I start hoping that someone else is better positioned or equipped to fight it. Oh, and the boss. Whatever the boss is, I take one look at it an go "I hope we don't have to fight that thing. We will die, horribly."

hedges1001 said:
off topic: is it just me or is the whole battle of 1000 heartless at hollow bastion one of the best set pieces ever
I honestly think if COULD have been the best set piece ever....but.....well..

since it's you all by yourself, limits and drives are unavailable. Ergo, you can only fight by mashing X and using reaction commands (ok, you can use magic too, but...I really found magic to be worthless in KH2, unlike in 1 where it was GREAT). It...kinda got dull by the time I hit the 700 mark.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
On FFXIII's Archylte Steppe: Titan in the background (and thankfully you don't have to fight it. Well, not really.) and any of the Oretoises. Those things were pure horror when I first saw them.

Moonpig123

Dec 24, 2010
Spider-Man 2: Mysterio gets all super-powered and generates loads of health bars... however, it's all part of a comedy cut-scene as he's then taken out with one punch by Spidey. For a second though, my initial thought was "oh dear".

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
The hydra in God of War. Literally the 2ND enemy you fight. I was like O.O .

Most things in God of War give that feeling

Also every enemy in Shadow of the Colossus.

The Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime also comes to mind

This list really can go on forever

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Half-Life 2 - first time seeing a Strider walking around City 17. I hoped to god I wouldn't have to fight one of those things for the entire game.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Clanker that massive metal shark form Banjo-Kazooie.

I was scared shitless when I first saw him, luckily he was friendly.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The VERY FIRST time I played Morrowind, I looked to the right and saw a giant bug beast and feared its presence...
Then I found out it was a car. (Silt Striders)

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
When the Brotherhood of Steel first revealed Optimus Liberty Prime. I had a bad feeling that it would inevitably go haywire and turn on the Brotherhood, just to give the player a large, difficult boss to fight.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
I'm also not looking forward to having to fight the Enderman in Minecraft, especially after seeing this. I may no longer not play on peaceful.
That scared the SHIT out of me.

You know, every time I see something I don't want to fight... I end up fighting the ************.

It's like murphy fucking law.
The best example,
"oh shit. I hope I never have to go there.
"Hey guess where you going? It's that place no one go anymore."
"...Fuck my life."

The best examples?

Ghost ship and motherfucking Ravenholme.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
varulfic said:
When playing Baldurs Gate 2, I was pretty scared of the dragons. Whenever encountering one, I took all the most cowardly and reverent dialogue options in hopes of not angering the huge, HUGE beast. I passed it off in-game as my avatar having dragon phobia as a character trait, but in reality it was all me. I just took one look at my party, then at the enormous fire-breathing monster and figured I didn't stand a chance... which is often the case in that game anyway.
Man, this one.

You see Firkraag the first time, you think "Kay, don't piss him off. Because you're going to die".

And when I actually did fight him, I just sat there with my mouth agape while my party went flying all over the cavern floor.

And then the music [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHjdq6SFkQ]...

ZombieBigfoot

Jan 30, 2011
Deathclaws when I'm any level under 18. I literally pissed my pants once when I accidentally stumbled onto the Quarry at level 8. I had a lever-action shotgun, a 10mm smg, a shaving razor, three grenades, and a bounty hunter duster.

Me: -quiet, high-pitched voice- mommy.

Edit: The Vault Guardian from Borderlands on solo(second playthrough where enemies/bosses are upgraded)..

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
That's basically my reaction to any mid to late game boss in a JRPG with turn based combat. I am really bad at turn based combat... Why can't i take the Mass Effect route and talk the last boss into killing himself? So much simpler

Also whenever the Tank theme starts up on Expert...

"Ok guys, time to run back to the Saferoom and hope it glitches out!"

SpaceGnome

Apr 23, 2009
most recently the "boss" in Old world blues some one mentioned it before, but i thought, it couldn't be THAT big...