"Oh ****! I hope I don't have to fight THAT!" Moments

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
hedges1001 said:
kingdom hearts 2 when sephiroth shows up during a story cut scene.

off topic: is it just me or is the whole battle of 1000 heartless at hollow bastion one of the best set pieces ever
It's not just you. I adore that entire level on Hollow Bastion

OT: I usually look forward to fighting the god-sized creatures in games, especially in Shadow Of The Colossus, God Of War and Bayonetta
Actually, I had some feeling of dread when I first saw a Big Sister in Bioshock 2

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
When that fucking Trauma is running at you across the bridge fairly on in Darksiders. Especially annoyed at the fact it turned out I did have to fight it, but it made the "Press B to win at everything forever" moment so incredibly satisfying.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
I'm also not looking forward to having to fight the Enderman in Minecraft, especially after seeing this. I may no longer not play on peaceful.
Oh dear God! Oh man!!!

I have never played Minecraft before. And now I may never, ever do so...

Totec

Jun 23, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZqFWnWj_ms&feature=player_detailpage

Not sure if it qualifies, but my biggest "oh shit..." moment was the flaming armadillo in Ninja Gaiden 2.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
On my first playthrough of Demon's Souls, I managed to beat the Vanguard with some difficulty. Afterward, it spawned me in a cave with a suspicious looking hallway. That's when I heard the roaring that carried easily throughout the cave. I immediately rushed around the corner to see who the next foe was, but to me surprise, it was actually a giant dragon starring me in the face. I was afraid to advance since it was clearly in range.

I shuffled my way through cautiously, hoping that I wouldn't have to fight him. Surely, I came to the exit where he stood above a platform, ready to attack. I advanced forward and it turned out to be a "suppose to lose scenario". I was pissed and was teleported to the Nexus anyways, yet got some sweet souls out of it, which I didn't figure out how to use until after the second boss.

blaize2010

Sep 17, 2010
nope. i immediately start working out ways to take down any enemy, or ally, in my game, so i don't have time to go "OH SHIT" though i did have a sense of awe fighting Wade at the end of FThreeAR

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
The first time I saw a Death Claw in Fallout: New Vegas. And the first time I saw a Big Daddy in Bioshock. Unfortunately, I had ended up fighting them both ;P

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
Also every enemy in Shadow of the Colossus.

Yeah this is pretty much it for me. Every enemy I laid eyes on was a moment of 'Bloody Hell, I've got the kill that?'

SirNerd

May 3, 2010
anANGRYkangaroo said:
First few minutes of Legend of Dragoon, a huge ass dragon chasing you before youve fought anything else :p
I love that game, and pretty much any boss in that game was like that.

Pyrofirestrike

Jul 21, 2011
Twice in Dragon Age, one I initiated out of my own stupidity, the other out of I had no clue what I was getting into.
The first one was the High Dragon during the ashes mission. I saw the cutscene where he flies around looking all scary, then goes to sleep on a cliff. Then I saw the gong. It's like the big red button. You don't want to hit it but you gotta.

The second one was when you're sent to go kill Flemeth. As soon as I got the quest I was off to her forest... and started crying when I saw what she turned into. Fucking worse than the High Dragon.

Lbsjr

Dec 29, 2010
This guy... Look at those stats....

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=satan&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
The village leader and salazars henchman in resident evil 4...and dark link in ocarina of time

and of course pyramid head

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
Stoic raptor said:
The Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime also comes to mind

This list really can go on forever
Omega Pirate is by far one of my favorite boss battles ever (and definite favorite in the prime series). So intense and epic, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time (all the more satisfying that I beat him the on the first go)

Hale Bloodshock

Mar 10, 2009
The Big Daddy's in Bioshock. I kept skirting around them until I realized you could pretty much breathe down their necks as long as you didn't attack them or play around with the Little Sisters, then I wasn't so scared. Though the Dragons in Dragon Age: Origins always made me cringe. Then from the same game...

Having to fight Leliana AND the Guardian of Andraste's Ashes if you defile them while she is around.