OK, who NEVER found Dogmeat in Fallout 3?

petrolmonkey

May 6, 2009
Or practically anyone for that matter. I had Fawkes but that was it, for the entire game I was literally lonely. All that comforted me was that one day I would come across Dogmeat, but it never came, So who else suffered this fate?

(also yes I searched, didn't really find this topic)

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
I did on my first run through, I plan to wait on my second until I get the "PUPPIES!" perk.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
I found him on my second playthrough, the first one I was entirely on my own (too low karma for Fawkes either).

The Giggling Pin

Jan 7, 2009
I found him but do you know what? He was rubbish. Kept on popping his clogs with no consideration for the consequences and quite frankly i have no time for such a beast.

I never found myself too lonely though as i was chummy with a few of the other moody denizens of Washington DC. Big respect for Charron...oh yeah!

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Khazoth said:
I did on my first run through, I plan to wait on my second until I get the "PUPPIES!" perk.
There's a 'puppies!' perk?

I found him completely by chance on my third character (Mr. Space Marine Dude), the only problem I had with finding allies in that game was that they were really arsey about how high or low your karma had to be to get them ('I'm sorry Mr Dude, but I'm afraid you aren't evil enough for me to justify following you, sorry old chap).

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Piemaster said:
Nope, but it is really worth the effort? Is Dogmeat particularly good?
He can't use any weapons, but he is a small target and does enough to take care of a small group of talon mercs. Still, I left him in megaton, as the path finding on companions is HORRIBLE. As I tend to scramble over things, its better I stay alone.

Shadow Tyrant

Jun 18, 2008
I found him in Minefield, where he proceeded to attack me. I knocked him unconscious and ran away. Never saw him again.

scorche

Oct 9, 2008
i found him with help from google. but he is pretty bad. dies way too easily. my dogmeat died yesterday in the yau goui cave a bit too fast. so i decided to just leave him there to rot for his stupidity of launching himself toward 3 or 4 yau goui.

i had another ally with me in that cave and she died too. couldn't find the body though so i couldn't loot it :( she was the brotherhood of steel member u get in the citadel.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
I found him.
Useful for finding ammo, food, weapons and other detritus, but terrible in combat.

petrolmonkey said:
I had Fawkes but that was it
You didn't find Star-Paladin Cross in the Citadel? What about Charon? Or Butch? Or Jericho?

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Iron Mal said:
Khazoth said:
In Broken Steel, one of the perks between level 22 to 30 is "puppies", which gives you a free dogmeat whenever he dies.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Iron Mal said:
Khazoth said:

I found him completely by chance on my third character (Mr. Space Marine Dude), the only problem I had with finding allies in that game was that they were really arsey about how high or low your karma had to be to get them ('I'm sorry Mr Dude, but I'm afraid you aren't evil enough for me to justify following you, sorry old chap).
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Puppies

petrolmonkey

May 6, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:
I found him.
Useful for finding ammo, food, weapons and other detritus, but terrible in combat.

petrolmonkey said:
I had Fawkes but that was it
You didn't find Star-Paladin Cross in the Citadel? What about Charon? Or Butch? Or Jericho?
I found these people, but they never joined me either because of my karma or because I never asked or it didn't come up. I was lead to think that Dogmeat turns up and joins you eventually at some point in the game, but he never did.