Old games you are still playing?

nsqared

Nov 1, 2011
Sometimes I turn on my ps2 just so i can remember what some good games were like. I have Pong as an extension in my browser.
So, my question is, what old games do you still play?
Old is in technology years, where everything ages 10 times faster.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I still play Doom/Doom II, and Halo: CE (Is that old? It had a remake, so I guess so...)

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
Steam's letting me play through a bunch of classics for the first time. KOTOR, Deus Ex, and Half Life are really fun. Not to mention I still dust off the old SNES every now and again.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Well, when my family isn't losing my wires, Smash Bro's for the 64. Last week of high school (last year) I was able to talk a teacher into taking it up there. There was one day where I had it in at least 3 rooms and even got one of the teachers and some of the girls to play it.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Absolute oldest? I still sometimes get the urge to play a new character in Nethack and that game is around 24 years old. Still damned good however, neat little game, terribly addictive. Never have actually beaten it, but then it's a game that's all about the adventure, not the ending.

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
walker and megalomania on my amiga .. need a new monitor for it tho..its gone all wonky

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I like to play older games because I know they'll run on my laptop without the need to turn all the settings down. My favorite game of all time is Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, which was released in 2000. Does that count as old?

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I'm guilty of popping in KotOR 1 and 2 every now and again. I'm a sucker for older Bioware games, not to say the new ones are great either.

Unfortunately, I have a box set of Diablo 2 I still haven't been able to break into yet because it's not compatible with my computer. But as soon as I can find a fix, you better believe I'll tear into it.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
The Baldur's Gate Series gets a go every once in a while. A thread in the advice forum made me crack open my Baldurs Gate 1 Box recently. Kinda had too.

A lot of other old RPGs too, like Fallout, Arcanum and Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines get a go every so often as well. Hell, just talking about them makes me want to play them. All at the same time. Damn!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Morrowind, that's quite old now, but it's actually the first time I've bothered to play it properly. I'm planning to set up a computer with an emulator for all my old ROMs & PS1 discs, that might take a while.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Define old.

Last year i have played

Dino crisis
Dinocrisis2
Parasite eve 2
Mana khemia
Wild arms
Legend of dragoon
Silent hill
Siren
KH
Zelda 2
Ninja gaiden 2 ( nes)
Castlevania ( nes)
Final fantasy mystic quest ( for nostalgic Purposes)
SMT: nocturn ( is that old?)
Wild arms 4
Growlansers 2/3 and 5

And a couple more i can't remember off the top of my head .

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
The oldest I usually get is my original xbox games.
But I do own some N64 remakes, and Banjo Kazooie and Tooie on XBLA.
I've also been playing those free GBA games on the 3DS lately.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I still replay the King's Quest games every once in a while. The first one is from 1984.
Also, Metroid, Contra and Super C, Fallout 1 & 2, X-Com and Daggerfall.

I play a lot of older games, but I don't count anything released after 2000 as old. Just older.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Daggerfall and Diablo 2... because they still look reasonably good and play totally great even after all this time.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Baldur's Gate Trilogy.
Rome Total War.
Grim Fandango.
Roller coaster Tycoon.
Age of Empires 2.

Those are probably the oldest that come to mind right now that I've played in the past year. I would rather like to play Dark Forces 2 again though.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Zelda ocarina of time
Zelda majora's mask
Jedi knight II
Baldur's gate
Baldur's gate II shadows of amn
Kotor
Kotor II the sith lords
Morrowind
Silver (Best game EVAH, probably because of nostalgia...)
Mario Kart for the N64
unreal tournament 2004

Thats pretty much it for the old games.