Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jin Ang

New member
Dec 4, 2017
1
0
0
Hi!! the thought of this game has been bugging me for years, it's like this cooking game that the chef is an animal (I somehow think of an octopus but I tried looking for that and I can't find it so I don't think its an octopus anymore, but some animal for sure) and like I think when the chef goes away the animal comes to cook instead or something and it always ends up really weirdly? And there were different episodes, something like that. I really can't remember much but I played it online in the early 2000s.
 

Pixelhunter

Senior Member
Aug 25, 2020
407
0
21
Svendbronxx said:
Hey guys.. I've been searching for this game for a long time, but I can't find it. It's an old PC game (played it in the early 2000s)

The game:

You start with a hero, which you can walk around with and go into wars. It's turn based, and there's different colors. I remember white starting in the bottom of the map, and black in the top or something. You could get some spear men, hammer men - can't remember the rest.
You could go into something (can't remember if it was high grass) and be lucky to get a dragon or something or be unlucky and lose your hero.
There's small spots where you could get into fights.

Can anyone help me out? I know its few details. :/
To me it sounds like a game out of the "Warlords" series, with the first one being released in 1989.
 

Pixelhunter

Senior Member
Aug 25, 2020
407
0
21
OuendanCyrus said:
Does anyone remember the game that was released last gen, I believe it was a third person game that involved a war or post-war setting, and you can aim your gun at people to intimidate them while you scrounge for loot and supplies, etc. Sorry I don?t remember any other details!
I think this is "I am Alive" (2012).
 

Svendbronxx

New member
Dec 3, 2017
2
0
0
Pixelhunter said:
Svendbronxx said:
Hey guys.. I've been searching for this game for a long time, but I can't find it. It's an old PC game (played it in the early 2000s)

The game:

You start with a hero, which you can walk around with and go into wars. It's turn based, and there's different colors. I remember white starting in the bottom of the map, and black in the top or something. You could get some spear men, hammer men - can't remember the rest.
You could go into something (can't remember if it was high grass) and be lucky to get a dragon or something or be unlucky and lose your hero.
There's small spots where you could get into fights.

Can anyone help me out? I know its few details. :/
To me it sounds like a game out of the "Warlords" series, with the first one being released in 1989.
Thank you. It's the game! Do you know, where I can download it? :p
 

Pixelhunter

Senior Member
Aug 25, 2020
407
0
21
Svendbronxx said:
Pixelhunter said:
Svendbronxx said:
Hey guys.. I've been searching for this game for a long time, but I can't find it. It's an old PC game (played it in the early 2000s)

The game:

You start with a hero, which you can walk around with and go into wars. It's turn based, and there's different colors. I remember white starting in the bottom of the map, and black in the top or something. You could get some spear men, hammer men - can't remember the rest.
You could go into something (can't remember if it was high grass) and be lucky to get a dragon or something or be unlucky and lose your hero.
There's small spots where you could get into fights.

Can anyone help me out? I know its few details. :/
To me it sounds like a game out of the "Warlords" series, with the first one being released in 1989.
Thank you. It's the game! Do you know, where I can download it? :p
As far as I know it's not available as a digital purchase atm. Of course old games like this can be easily found elsewhere,
but it's not a matter to discuss in an official gaming forum.
Alternatively you could play Warlords online in your browser before moving on to another game. It really hasn't aged too well, hehe.

edit: Had to remove the link, gray zone there.
 

arsoy

New member
Dec 4, 2017
3
0
0
hi everyone.
it was an old console game . we were driving car from top view bu it wasnt race game. it was arcade game. the car has guns and we were collecting items from floor and the car was gettin bigger and changing . one of the stage it was green i remember. in one stage i remember we are driving in desert and there was traps which taking us under sand. thats all i remember im sorry . could you help me to find this game ???
 

Lester K. Chaykin

New member
Nov 15, 2017
4
0
0
I have these really vague memories of this game i've been trying to remember & find out.

What i remember is:

- Was a PC-game.
- Was most likely released mid 90-early 2000
- Setting is dark cyperpunkish scifi.
- Camera angle was mostly birds eye but changed in some interiors.
- There were 2 characters to choose from, male who wore a dark leather jacket and female who had black hair.
- Terrain was most likely pre-rendered and charters were low poly 3d models.
- If i remember correctly the starting area was some kind of a crater, the landscape was greyish & dark.
- There was this city hub near by which had different factions fighting for power.
- One of the "evil" factions main base(?) was made out of skull/bone & blood?
- There was also this futuristic mall where you could by weaponry etc.
- If memory servers you could join these factions and do missions for them.
 

OuendanCyrus

New member
Jun 16, 2010
250
0
0
Pixelhunter said:
OuendanCyrus said:
Does anyone remember the game that was released last gen, I believe it was a third person game that involved a war or post-war setting, and you can aim your gun at people to intimidate them while you scrounge for loot and supplies, etc. Sorry I don?t remember any other details!
I think this is "I am Alive" (2012).
That's it! Thanks a lot, PH! =D
 

shutterfins

New member
Dec 5, 2017
1
0
0
I played this game back in the late 90's and it involved placing blocks and ramps in specific places on a grid in order for a ball (there were an array with different weights) to pass from the entrance to the exit properly. Can't remember it's name, but it was highly addictive.
 

Heryn

New member
Aug 2, 2017
7
0
0
Ok, so I have played this MMORPG and I don't remember anything about it, save one detail: Every character has two types of weapon that completely change their playstyle; much like wielding a two handed sword and then changing it to dual wielding or using a sword or shield. The thing is, I remember there being more classes...
Anyway, I'd really like to know what it was because I remember having a blast with it.

Thanks in advance!
 

ChristyGamer

New member
Dec 5, 2017
4
0
0
I remember most of the game I played. Earlier gaming was fun. Still remember playing Mustafa, Mario, Contra they are sooo mind blowing.
 

ChristyGamer

New member
Dec 5, 2017
4
0
0
I can't remember this game in which there is guy in the Islands running across the green fields killing ducks, swans and dragons.
 

ChristyGamer

New member
Dec 5, 2017
4
0
0
I am really looking forward to this because i was searching for one game that I played in my friend's house once, now I am searching for it but not able to find it. In this game player has to place bombs to kill tigers and you will get power like automatic bomb explosion. I really want to play that? Anyone?
 

Eerye

New member
Dec 5, 2017
1
0
0
Hi,
I'm looking for a "Grand Theft Auto style", top down view, 2D game that involves playing with a little pixel figure with which you can control kind of like bug/insect shaped tanks/vehicles with weapons mounted on top and/or in the front. Something like in the shape of june bugs which if hit enough times parts of them fall off like the last section of a caterpillar shaped tank's body fall off or something like that.
I remember having it on a CD with a bunch of other games but I just can't find that disk, or anything about the game on the internet. I'm not too sure but its name might contain one or all of these words: "ant, antz, assault, mission", I could be completely wrong with the name though.

If some kind soul knows what the heck of a game I'm talking about please help a dude out.
I appreciate any reply and thanks in advance.
 

mockrom

New member
Dec 5, 2017
1
0
0
I do not know if I am in the right spot for this, so I do hope that this does not get lost in all the posting threads and such. I am in search of an old online game that I had played in the late 1990's to early 2000's. I believe it was associated with AOL. It was a brain game type and it used graphics of a silhouette of a head and it would give you a green head if you answered correctly, and orange with the mouth open when it was incorrect. I believe it had a silhouette of a quail as well. A lot of timed puzzles, matching, and such. And it had a very distinct sound when each answer was applied.

Thank you in advance for your help.
 

WotTheFak

New member
Dec 5, 2017
2
0
0
Can?t remember what this game is for the life of me, for some reason I think sonic is in it but I?ve done tons of YouTube and google searching with no luck. I remember there is a character selection screen, I don?t think this game had levels, just one map with a big city in the middle on one side there was a volcano and on the other a ocean or a lake. There are rails you can ride on to gain speed for getting around the map, the point was to collect upgrades or power ups, for the mini game/ boss that is on a timer. So you runaround as quick as you can using rails and getting to the cubes that contain power ups before other players. Once the boss/mini game is about to happen, it starts raining and it gets dark like a storm is coming. When the power ups/ drops appear you can see them float down from the sky and they?ll land randomly around the map and there is a light beam to show where it?s landing. I can?t remember any other details except maybe it was an early 2000?s title. S.O.S. Save my childhood.
 

jimmyjobob

New member
Dec 5, 2017
3
0
0
Hello everyone I want to apologize before hand for the lack of information. I have been looking for this game for months now searching everywhere for just a hint of what Im talking about and I get nothing. Im hoping that someone remembers this character as it is basically all I remember.

This game was most likely for the PS2 it was a JRPG like FF and Blue Dragon but Im pretty sure you didnt enter a battle screen you fought them right as you saw them in real time. The main character was a human boy but another playable character was a Purplish Lizard who wielded a spear(among a few more). I remember you could get new weapons/items and also upgrade current ones. I really wish I remembered something about the storyline or any other characters. Im not expecting anyone to know from the terrible information I have given but hoping this sets of someones memory. Thank you ahead of time.
 

jimmyjobob

New member
Dec 5, 2017
3
0
0
arsoy said:
hi everyone.
it was an old console game . we were driving car from top view bu it wasnt race game. it was arcade game. the car has guns and we were collecting items from floor and the car was gettin bigger and changing . one of the stage it was green i remember. in one stage i remember we are driving in desert and there was traps which taking us under sand. thats all i remember im sorry . could you help me to find this game ???
Spy Hunter for NES?