Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Cosme Felinito

May 22, 2019
There was a 3d car game from the 90's for PC (between 1994-1997 i guess)
There were a little bunch of cars (i think there was a jeep, not sure) to choose and one of those was like this

I recall green landscapes with sheeps and you could hit those sheeps and they would go "baaa!" as you roll over them (they ended like a paper on the floor after you killed them) I don't remember if there was blood

minor info: holding "delete" key would switch to front view from the car to see what was behind

Daniel Gallahan

Mar 18, 2010
There was an old education math game for PC, around late 90s early 2000s. You played this young girl that went back in time to like, ancient egypt (might not be egypt) I think and had to solve these math puzzles and stuff. The goal was to become the "math wizard" (or something like that) but the climax of the game was that you were the math wizard all along because. Very much "the real treasure is the friends we made along the way".

One of the puzzles was you had to place out crops and water in a grid.

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
okay i'll try to describe this as much as i can, not sure if i've already requested it before, but here goes anyways...
the gamestyle is screen "link them up wall" example: candy crush, you find a number of cloned items and then you press them and break them all in a group for score.
the difference is while you play some random poorly details humanoid figures will walk beneath the screen from left to right, your object is to finish filling a meter as quick as possible and hold these NPCs on the screen as long as possible.
to help you out there are a number of powerups such as link up a number of tiles and finish the lining with the power up to throw them hotdogs, or teddybears, and so on, basically distractions.
upon finishing the stage a big lightning bolts storm breaks all the rest of the tiles, and based on how many figures are still on the screen and haven't finished to the right side, your score will hit bonuses. that's all i recall. this was most likely between windows xp - vista - 7.

Arjun Navaneetham

Jun 16, 2016
Hi Fellas,

So I've been looking for two games for quite some time now. Their both old games (Win 95/98)

1. Side scroller - You go back in time to the dinosaur age and then progress slowly through different ages like egypt, medieval age, golden age etc. each with their own bosses (mummy, dragon etc. ) and you finally end up in a forest age with a soda cup (has a straw in it) that fights you. I believe you did not have weapons and had to jump on them but I'm not quite sure. Its been so long I dont have a clue about the game main goal but I think it was an educational game as well and maybe you collected some alphabets for some reason. Sorry for being so vague but I only remember it referring to a line 'Lost in time' and a possible 'Gadgetronix' but googling it shows different games relevant to lost in time games :(

2. Top Down plane shooter - The game starts with an intro of this guy who had a pregnant wife and she ends up dying and you go on a revenge streak. You start at a point and fly a fighter with which you destroy enemy ground bases etc. This game had really good music tracks and you were allowed to switch between aerial fighter (medium dmg against ground but good plane dmg) and a bomber. I believe you could accelerate the plane to make it go fast or slow and you used the cursor keys to turn the plane in this top down view game. Everytime you got low on health etc. you could return to your launch pad and heal or change aircraft type

Also, I saw a very old post with someone asking for a really old rpg game where you enter a dungeon and you fight golins,manticores etc. If this hasnt been answered, If this game had magic spell mechanics as well, the game is called 'Castle of the Winds' and theres a castle of the winds 2 as well. Its still an awesome game

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Hi Fellas,

So I've been looking for two games for quite some time now. Their both old games (Win 95/98)

[...]

2. Top Down plane shooter - The game starts with an intro of this guy who had a pregnant wife and she ends up dying and you go on a revenge streak. You start at a point and fly a fighter with which you destroy enemy ground bases etc. This game had really good music tracks and you were allowed to switch between aerial fighter (medium dmg against ground but good plane dmg) and a bomber. I believe you could accelerate the plane to make it go fast or slow and you used the cursor keys to turn the plane in this top down view game. Everytime you got low on health etc. you could return to your launch pad and heal or change aircraft type

[...]
There's not a lot of multi-directional 2D-shmups out there, so I'd say it's "Zone 66" (1993).

Phuong Tran

Jul 15, 2019
Phuong Tran said:
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a PC game which was released around 2002 - 2008. Because it's been too long ago since I last played the game so I could only remember some minor details of it. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me to find this game:

1> It was a RPG game, main character is a swordman (?) who could use magic. The game set in a medieval era or something. The graphic was just like Diablo 2 with birds-eye view, action RPG. I'm not quite sure about the story but it looks like it was the common storylike: A man on his journey to destroy the evil (monsters, demons and alike since I remember encoutering some ghosts at the beginning)

2> The battle system was turn-based. In a battle, the graphic would switch from 2.5d-Diablo2-like to pure 2d with the screen was seperated into 2 parts: above and below (the above screen is slighty larger than the other iirc) and some background animation like lightning, rain, etc. There was one thing that I could remember from the battle system was the magic/skill system. The magic/skill would be displayed into 5-6 cards which were aligned into a straight row on the below screen and they had a grey or brown-ish color. The skill cards would be either faced-up or faced-down depends on how many skills the character-in-control had. There was one unique function I could recall that the skills could be combined by using 2 (or more?) skills which would result in a stronger damage dealt to the enemies. It was something kind of similar to this image

3> There was also a minor detail in the game that when the main character managed to form a group of 2 people (?) and went to a rainy forest at night. From then, based on the walkthrough I read at that time, the game provided with 2 options for me to choose between going to route A and B. If I chose route A, a female party member would coincidently encounter the person who she thought that had killed her brother and quickly engaged into a battle with that person. The result was that she would die after the battle because she was weak (duh!). If I chose route B, nothing would happen to her since she didn't see that person.

Please help me to find this game if you could. Thank you so much!
Bump! Can anyone help me to find this game? If anyone has some similar games like this in mind then it'd be very much appreciated too! Thank you very much!

Arjun Navaneetham

Jun 16, 2016
Pixelhunter said:
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Hi Fellas,

[...]

[...]
There's not a lot of multi-directional 2D-shmups out there, so I'd say it's "Zone 66" (1993).
Yes!! Thats the game. Thanks. That was really quick. The game's sound tracks are so good.

Now All I need is the name of that other game which is so hard to find.. Both games are amazing

Arjun Navaneetham

Jun 16, 2016
Phuong Tran said:
Phuong Tran said:
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a PC game which was released around 2002 - 2008. Because it's been too long ago since I last played the game so I could only remember some minor details of it. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me to find this game:

1> It was a RPG game, main character is a swordman (?) who could use magic. The game set in a medieval era or something. The graphic was just like Diablo 2 with birds-eye view, action RPG. I'm not quite sure about the story but it looks like it was the common storylike: A man on his journey to destroy the evil (monsters, demons and alike since I remember encoutering some ghosts at the beginning)

[..]

Bump! Can anyone help me to find this game? If anyone has some similar games like this in mind then it'd be very much appreciated too! Thank you very much!
I personally dont know the game your looking for but for a card-like fighting game you could check out darkest dungeon

Also Heroes of might and magic 3,4,5 are all superb games with army gathering and turn based warring during battle (Not 'might and magic heroes' mind you. Thats a different game)

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Phuong Tran said:
Phuong Tran said:
Hello everyone!

2> The battle system was turn-based. In a battle, the graphic would switch from 2.5d-Diablo2-like to pure 2d with the screen was seperated into 2 parts: above and below (the above screen is slighty larger than the other iirc) and some background animation like lightning, rain, etc. There was one thing that I could remember from the battle system was the magic/skill system. The magic/skill would be displayed into 5-6 cards which were aligned into a straight row on the below screen and they had a grey or brown-ish color. The skill cards would be either faced-up or faced-down depends on how many skills the character-in-control had. There was one unique function I could recall that the skills could be combined by using 2 (or more?) skills which would result in a stronger damage dealt to the enemies. It was something kind of similar to this image

3> There was also a minor detail in the game that when the main character managed to form a group of 2 people (?) and went to a rainy forest at night. From then, based on the walkthrough I read at that time, the game provided with 2 options for me to choose between going to route A and B. If I chose route A, a female party member would coincidently encounter the person who she thought that had killed her brother and quickly engaged into a battle with that person. The result was that she would die after the battle because she was weak (duh!). If I chose route B, nothing would happen to her since she didn't see that person.

Again, not a lot of games with similar mechanics. Still, I'm at a loss here.
If it's not one of the early "Magic the Gathering" PC games, maybe it's one of the "Etherlords" games.

edit: Thanks, Arjun.

Arjun Navaneetham

Jun 16, 2016
Pixelhunter said:
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Pixelhunter said:
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Hi Fellas,

[...]
Yes!! Thats the game. Thanks. That was really quick. The game's sound tracks are so good.

Now All I need is the name of that other game which is so hard to find.. Both games are amazing
If it's not one of the early "Magic the Gathering" PC games, maybe it's one of the "Etherlords" games.
You quoted the wrong person. Phuong Tran asked for the magic card game.. I asked for the back in time etc. game..

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Pixelhunter said:
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Pixelhunter said:
Arjun Navaneetham said:
Hi Fellas,

[...]

You quoted the wrong person. Phuong Tran asked for the magic card game.. I asked for the back in time etc. game..
Thanks, your game was "Gadget: Lost in Time" (1993).

brianahoganx

Oct 19, 2013
brianahoganx said:
Okay, so I've been trying non-stop to find this game and it is driving me INSANE. My boyfriend says I'm crazy and this game is all in my head, so I really want to find it!! Lol. This is seriously a shot in the dark, because of how little I remember, but who knows..
I don't have any idea what console it was on I'm guessing PS1 or gamecube MAYBE. I have no idea.
The opening scene was these fairies and creatures running away while this darkness or some kind of corruption takes over this forrest area and kills all the plant life and turns everyone into monsters and what not.
All I remember from game play was that it was a 3D style game that you had to kill these things, either a stone/crystal thing or some kind of plant spore that was corrupting an area, while being attacked by the creatures that had been corrupted and when you destroyed the corruption, the monsters would turn back to normal. I think I remember the people in the game were kind of small considering that they were humanoid, but I'm not sure. I think the main character was a fairy, but I could be wrong about that, too. It will drive me crazy if I don't figure this out soon. Anything would be VERY much appreciated.
anyone? I'm dying still.

oal25

Apr 13, 2017
Ok so this might be a tough one. I remember my dad and I playing it when i was a kid. Im pretty sure he heard about it in PC gamer or some other gaming magazine in the early 2000s. Its a short game that felt kind of like a horror version of monkey island (a point and click where you combine items and use them). my memory of it is not so good but you play as a purple hair character and you wake up on a spaceship/space station with amnesia and you have to explore the different rooms and progress to see what happened to the rest of the people. you find different limbs and body parts around the ship and while making progress there is various times while your character will have horrible flashbacks. I dont remember much else but there was a chalkboard that would have tally marks on it when you would progress further or did well. it was in a lab type room. Thanks in advance for the help!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
oal25 said:
Ok so this might be a tough one. I remember my dad and I playing it when i was a kid. Im pretty sure he heard about it in PC gamer or some other gaming magazine in the early 2000s. Its a short game that felt kind of like a horror version of monkey island (a point and click where you combine items and use them). my memory of it is not so good but you play as a purple hair character and you wake up on a spaceship/space station with amnesia and you have to explore the different rooms and progress to see what happened to the rest of the people. you find different limbs and body parts around the ship and while making progress there is various times while your character will have horrible flashbacks. I dont remember much else but there was a chalkboard that would have tally marks on it when you would progress further or did well. it was in a lab type room. Thanks in advance for the help!
This must be without a doubt "The White Chamber"!!!

Great game!!!

oal25

Apr 13, 2017
SweetShark said:
oal25 said:
This must be without a doubt "The White Chamber"!!!

Great game!!!

Dude you are a legend!! thank you so much <3

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
brianahoganx said:
brianahoganx said:
Okay, so I've been trying non-stop to find this game and it is driving me INSANE. My boyfriend says I'm crazy and this game is all in my head, so I really want to find it!! Lol. This is seriously a shot in the dark, because of how little I remember, but who knows..
I don't have any idea what console it was on I'm guessing PS1 or gamecube MAYBE. I have no idea.
The opening scene was these fairies and creatures running away while this darkness or some kind of corruption takes over this forrest area and kills all the plant life and turns everyone into monsters and what not.
All I remember from game play was that it was a 3D style game that you had to kill these things, either a stone/crystal thing or some kind of plant spore that was corrupting an area, while being attacked by the creatures that had been corrupted and when you destroyed the corruption, the monsters would turn back to normal. I think I remember the people in the game were kind of small considering that they were humanoid, but I'm not sure. I think the main character was a fairy, but I could be wrong about that, too. It will drive me crazy if I don't figure this out soon. Anything would be VERY much appreciated.
anyone? I'm dying still.
Could that have been Legend of Legaia?

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
I search in many sites but i cant find it out. Hope you guys can do it.
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- It's a turn-based game.
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
- You can't move your players, just throw a ball to kill.
That what i remember...[/quote]Can anyone..? :(

Repost my post, hope anyone can help me to find this game, one of my first childhood PC games ... :([/quote]

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
The Ssn said:
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
That what i remember...
I have a game in mind...
Can you please tell me if it was in 3D or 2D please?

Phuong Tran

Jul 15, 2019
Pixelhunter said:
Phuong Tran said:
Phuong Tran said:
Hello everyone!

edit: Thanks, Arjun.
Thanks Arjun and Pixelhunter for helping me. Though the said games were not what I was looking for but I'm still greatly appreciate it!
I've been trying to find clues everywhere I could from wiki, youtube and various gaming sites but there's still no hope for me. I think the game I asked for was not a popular game so its name might not be known widely around in the past. It's so frustrating that I thought the skill-cards system could help me distinguish it from other games but then... Hopefully someone can give me any hints and similar games to collate with my memories. Thank you again!

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
SweetShark said:
The Ssn said:
That what i remember...
I have a game in mind...
Can you please tell me if it was in 3D or 2D please?
it's 2D Sir!