Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
Tarrker said:
There was an arcade game I played more than any other when I was a teenager. I've been trying to track it down in recent years but I just have no clue what it's called. Luckily I can still recall the game with vivid clarity, however. It was a classic side scrolling, beat-em-up game very much like Golden Axe or those D&D arcade games and the whole game revolved around climbing this epic tower from floor to floor. You'd start outside and battle your way up and I'm pretty sure you could choose different routes. There were different characters you could play as and you could rescue other characters along the way that would fight by your side in pretty much the same way those floating orbs from Gradius would fight by your side. But they all had different classes like rogues or mages. You also got points for picking up treasure and rescuing townsfolk. The game appeared in the arcade at my local mall sometime in the 90's and it was just my favorite thing ever. If anyone can help me track this game down I will be eternally grateful.
Have a look at Magic Sword

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
shawnarae5 said:
This is going to be pretty vague, but it's really bothering me. My brother and I used to play this game on a computer, but I can't remember if it was a cd game or an online game. We played it probably around 5 or 6 years ago, so around 2006. I remember that you were a fighter character with a pet dog. You would walk around a town trying to get a quest to go fight in a castle/ dungeon. There were many levels in the castle and the further down you went the higher the level of the monsters. The quests would be to kill a certain amount of a certain kind of monster. There were chests and boxes in the castle that you could open that would give you things such as weapons, stamina, manna, coins, ect. If you needed more money you could send your dog back to town to sell items you didn't need. there were potions to restore health, stamina, and manna at the town to buy. As you played the game you would earn experience points and level up along the way. You could find better weapons and better clothing in higher levels or buy them from the clothing store in town. That's all I can remember right now and it might not make sense or might be too vague, but thanks for trying to help! :)
That sounds like Torchlight to me?

Meghan Backus

Jul 8, 2013
there was this game that i used to play on the computer when i was like 7 where they globs or monsters would come out of boxes and you had to feed them. and every time you fed them they popped into boxes of the next color and size. the only thing i remember is that the colors were orange, green, and something else...then there were 3 sizes... small, medium, and large and the large one was orange. Some of the items you fed them were like rootbeer and burgers and something else for the small one...i really want to find this game again...so if anyone knows what this game is called let me know.

Meghan Backus

Jul 8, 2013
Werekettle said:
shawnarae5 said:
This is going to be pretty vague, but it's really bothering me. My brother and I used to play this game on a computer, but I can't remember if it was a cd game or an online game. We played it probably around 5 or 6 years ago, so around 2006. I remember that you were a fighter character with a pet dog. You would walk around a town trying to get a quest to go fight in a castle/ dungeon. There were many levels in the castle and the further down you went the higher the level of the monsters. The quests would be to kill a certain amount of a certain kind of monster. There were chests and boxes in the castle that you could open that would give you things such as weapons, stamina, manna, coins, ect. If you needed more money you could send your dog back to town to sell items you didn't need. there were potions to restore health, stamina, and manna at the town to buy. As you played the game you would earn experience points and level up along the way. You could find better weapons and better clothing in higher levels or buy them from the clothing store in town. That's all I can remember right now and it might not make sense or might be too vague, but thanks for trying to help! :)
That sounds like Torchlight to me?
That is called Fate....its really fun and its not a cd its a download

Vishonov

Sep 13, 2012
Ok, I've been looking for this game's name for years now.

It was I think from like the mid to late eighties, could be a little older but not more than early nineties (it was at least twenty years ago)

You were able to build an army but you couldn't control it (it was just sent to fight).

There were two sides in the game - one was green I think and the other was grey or something along those lines.

There were helicopters and zeppelins, as well as some kind of flak cannon you could use with the arrow keys.

Oh, and it was like side-scrolling.

The background of the game was pitch black and the soldiers looked like this - http://newyorkcliche.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/throwing-trash-basketball.gif

It could be by the late Psygnosis.

b_paula_s

Dec 3, 2012
Hey guys, I hope I can get an answer to this one...

I'm not sure if this game was for PS1 or PS2...it was very colorful...we controlled a little guy with an excavator thing, and we started on the top of many blocks (they looked like tetris blocks)....and we had to break this blocks until we reach the ground...and we had to pick up oxygen on the way down...

I hope you could understand my explanation, I'm not english xD thanks

Little_Toaster

Jul 8, 2013
Hi everyone,
I've been looking for this game for a few years now...
It's a japanese game, only avalaible on pc, I think it's a point and click game.
It deals with a boy who had a brain injury after a car accident, and now he sees the world as something disguting, for example the walls are made of human organs, same goes for the food, people look like monsters, etc... And then he meets a girl with green hair who looks cute, and we understand that her real form must be of a monster, but he sees her as beautiful and they fall in love.
I think there was only one word in the title.
I'm sorry for the lack of informations, but that's all I can remember for now... thanks in advance !

Rearm Hey

Jul 8, 2013
Turn-based RPG. Rather, it can be classified as "old." In the title role - a girl who at first did not remember anything. That's all I remember: D
Please help if anyone know what I mean.

MTFDoc93

Jul 8, 2013
Hey guys! I, like everyone else, am looking for a game. Problem is i never played it. I used to watch my Aunt and Brother play it. I was too young to remember the controls. Anyways. It was a PlayStation 1 RPG and in the beginning I recall you talking to a person who lost their Pin in the street. You can find it for them (Optional). I also recall that later in the game You go on a ship, and a bit into that you find a friend of yours on the ship. She hid herself in a barrel to get on board. That's all i really remember. Except a boss, or mini boss fight at a Chapel. I think you go there to stop a wedding of your friend? Not sure. I know it was multiple discs. Anyways it's drove me NUTS trying to figure this out. Any help would be absolutely appreciated!

Adding this in. When the girl is found, I believe she pops out of the barrel right on the deck. In front of everyone. Thanks!

neelrocker

Jul 8, 2013
Hello,

I'm looking for the name of an old playstation game. I remember the following:

-PS1 or PS2 game
-90's game
-game was in a single large area
-game was in 3D
-goal was to kill bosses with inscreasing difficulty.
-I remember one boss was running very fast everywhere in the area and you fear to meet him before you have the power to kill him
-after killing each boss you become stronger
-many bosses were, as far as I remember, single colored charachters (green, blue, yellow, red etc)

Someone remember the name ?

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
Vishonov said:
Ok, I've been looking for this game's name for years now.

It was I think from like the mid to late eighties, could be a little older but not more than early nineties (it was at least twenty years ago)

You were able to build an army but you couldn't control it (it was just sent to fight).

There were two sides in the game - one was green I think and the other was grey or something along those lines.

There were helicopters and zeppelins, as well as some kind of flak cannon you could use with the arrow keys.

Oh, and it was like side-scrolling.

The background of the game was pitch black and the soldiers looked like this - http://newyorkcliche.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/throwing-trash-basketball.gif

It could be by the late Psygnosis.
That I believe would be Armor Alley? Such a good game!

JoJoPoo

Jul 8, 2013
We played a game with my brother when we were children. We got this game from a magazine's cd. The game was very simple, 2 stickmen in a prison were fighting basicly. We could only use kick,punch and jumping. I remember that its name was "celline" , but i can't find it :( Can you help me?

Psycho11Edge

Mar 17, 2012
Well, here goes nothing. First time posting on something like this.

Anyways, my real issue here is I can't remember if the game I'm thinking of even exists, or if it's just something I imagined years ago. I don't remember really anything about it, but I'll detail what I do know.

I don't remember the story or plat that much, but there was a female character and she was sick as a child or something, and when her brother or some other young male around here age took her to the doctor, she was too sick to save, but was instead made into like a cyborg or something. Fast forward time wise, and the game has a few different guys you can choose to play as, and at some point, you start getting your ass handed to you, and the same girl from before comes in, goes crazy on the bad guys, beating them all up after having the robotic parts of her slightly show through some openings around her jaw line, but then she like... passes out and gets taken away... and that's all I remember. If anyone either 1. Knows what the heck I am talking about and would kindly tell me, it would be much appreciated, or 2. Knows I'm not talking about any real game and am simply losing my mind and would kindly tell me, it would be much appreciated.

Nearly 2-3 times a month, I randomly remember these small details, and pretty much spend those days going crazy and trying to remember something else. If someone could enlighten me to either the name of the game, or the fact that it doesn't exist and I imagined it all, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
Little_Toaster said:
Hi everyone,
I've been looking for this game for a few years now...
It's a japanese game, only avalaible on pc, I think it's a point and click game.
It deals with a boy who had a brain injury after a car accident, and now he sees the world as something disguting, for example the walls are made of human organs, same goes for the food, people look like monsters, etc... And then he meets a girl with green hair who looks cute, and we understand that her real form must be of a monster, but he sees her as beautiful and they fall in love.
I think there was only one word in the title.
I'm sorry for the lack of informations, but that's all I can remember for now... thanks in advance !
Saya no Uta

jenebee

Jul 9, 2013
Okay, if this is a double post, I apologize. I tried to post and it said my account wasn't verified, but then when I tried to verify it again it said it didn't need to be verified. FRUSTRATING. Anyway...

I'm looking for a game for (almost definitely) either Sega or Playstation from the 90s, possibly 1994-1996 where the main character is a pizza guy who winds up in a town full of vampires and Frankenstein monsters and other classical monsters and as you navigate through the town, you land in situations where you have to act (press a button) within a certain amount of time. If you don't act in time, you die a violent death. If you choose the wrong action, you die a violent death. Some actions require a number of steps, so you'd have to remember something like square, triangle, square, circle, triangle, x, or you'd get your head cut off instead of getting a haircut and if you got any of them wrong, you'd have to start over. There was also a castle somewhere, and I'm pretty sure the pizza guy drove on a scooter and looked like a scraggly haired stoner. Despite all these details, bing and google have failed me. You guys are experts. Please, resolve this mystery for me!

Grey Mouse

Jun 25, 2013
jenebee said:
Okay, if this is a double post, I apologize. I tried to post and it said my account wasn't verified, but then when I tried to verify it again it said it didn't need to be verified. FRUSTRATING. Anyway...

I'm looking for a game for (almost definitely) either Sega or Playstation from the 90s, possibly 1994-1996 where the main character is a pizza guy who winds up in a town full of vampires and Frankenstein monsters and other classical monsters and as you navigate through the town, you land in situations where you have to act (press a button) within a certain amount of time. If you don't act in time, you die a violent death. If you choose the wrong action, you die a violent death. Some actions require a number of steps, so you'd have to remember something like square, triangle, square, circle, triangle, x, or you'd get your head cut off instead of getting a haircut and if you got any of them wrong, you'd have to start over. There was also a castle somewhere, and I'm pretty sure the pizza guy drove on a scooter and looked like a scraggly haired stoner. Despite all these details, bing and google have failed me. You guys are experts. Please, resolve this mystery for me!
Braindead 13?