Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

MarkoS147

Jul 11, 2013
Hi,I'm looking for this sci-fi game where in the begging you create your character and then you go somewhere in party with some girl who teaches you the basics and stuff about fighting(you have guns,two-handed sword and one-handed,,and there are also traps and health items)..there you fight againts some monsters and your mission is to take samples from specific plants(you do that by watching into that plant with binoculars)...then in certain area you fight againts a character which you played with in the first game(prequel)...When you finsh your mission you get back to your room.There you can save game and put somekind of a statues/figures in you room.When you get outside of your room you can go to market and buy stuff(weapons,items,clothes,etc..).Market has 3 floors and each floor is designated for certain things..Well thats all I can remember.Tnx in advance.

Jared Malave

Jul 11, 2013
this very vague but i want to say game was for playstation you had two main chracters that worked together. one was big muscle dude other average looking guy. at one point one gets infected with virus or something and you only have and hour to find a cure or he dies. any idea what this is

moonsheart

Jul 11, 2013
Hi, I was trying to find an old platform game, probably from the 90's, featuring a boy and his dog in a fantasy world. The dog always followed the boy, jumped whenever he jumped, etc, and I remember the scenarios included green trees with red fruit, strong blue waterfalls, grass, rocks... Simple graphics, probably with not that many colors. Anyone has any idea what game that might be? Thanks in advance

stujmar

Jul 11, 2013
There is a simple old PC game/application I used to have. It was a field of white pixels and you could turn them Red or Blue. Once you have made some color formations you would click "go" or "play" then they would move and grow based on their patterning. The red and blue sections would eat and consume one-another. As far as I know there wasn't a goal just play with how different patterns moved and grew based on the mathematics behind the game.

Thank you.
-Stu

BR4ZIL

Jul 12, 2013
moonsheart said:
Hi, I was trying to find an old platform game, probably from the 90's, featuring a boy and his dog in a fantasy world. The dog always followed the boy, jumped whenever he jumped, etc, and I remember the scenarios included green trees with red fruit, strong blue waterfalls, grass, rocks... Simple graphics, probably with not that many colors. Anyone has any idea what game that might be? Thanks in advance
Heart of Darkness maybe?

I also in need of help, i looking for a PC game, top down (bird's eye view) Squad Commander game, it was very "indie" by today's standards, you controlled a bunch of rather funky/cartoonish soldiers in WW2, there were diferent classes for you to use, each time a new soldier class was introduced, you would get a bootcamp scenario for each one. i distinctevely remember officers and scuba troopers, i think there were vehicles too, but they were the side size as normal troops (to fit the cartoonish look).

The soldiers looked kinda like this:

http://www.mediacircus.net/chickenrun2.jpg

The game is probably made in late 90's/early 2000, i belive it was made by a european developer (dont ask me why i think that).

ziggy9807

Jul 12, 2013
The point of the game I remember playing was to drive around this ship and box in the aliens or whatever that was flying around in the middle of this square playing field. In order to beat a level, you'd try to drive your ship to make rectangles and squares around the alien thing until a certain percentage of the map was covered. And you had to make these squares without either the ship, or the line you made, being hit. Each level got harder because you had to watch out for more of the alien things. Like only 1 on the first level, 2 on the second, and so on. It is an old game, and I cannot remember what it's called! And I've searched extensively, mind you.

Wes Medford

Jul 12, 2013
I remember a game where you were a girl that was trying to find her father and a lot of the enemies were wolves. Also a lot of the game was focused around map puzzles where you'd have a ton of wind you'd have to hide behind barriers until the wind picked back up.

I know it's not a lot of info but I can't remember much else of it.

wbell

Jul 12, 2013
Taking a long shot here. There was a game that I've been looking for almost 2 decades. It came out for PC around '97 or '98. It was a fantasy RPG (wizards, thieves, etc...). This was a linear style game that did not move characters on a screen using keys on the keyboard. It instead was a menu style game that allowed the characters to travel to and from different areas. There wasn't a choice of where you could go...you just traveled to the next place in the game. One thing I remember about the game is that the battles had stationary characters that did not move to fight (like Final Fantasy games). Instead, it was just a picture of the character and a slash or something would move across the screen for an attack. Traveling was also similar. The characters were depicted as running in a leaning direction (sort of like Ninja Gaiden running) whenever they moved to the next area. Random battles popped up like most RPGs as the characters traveled. The game started out traveling around a forest and shortly reached a ferry boat.

I don't think this was a really well known game but it was the first game of the fantasy genre that started my obsession. Thanks for any help everybody.

Adam Ponder

Jul 11, 2013
This one has been bugging me for a while my dad used to play it and no one can remember it ok here's the best I've got it is top down veiw and there are a lot of trees you have to maneuver through that change color varying stages and you can only see so much and you have to find a lantern to see and I think each stage has a key as well to move on to the next stage with more trees and hidden lantern and its not Zelda or zork any help would be greatly appreciated I think it was on nes

zul33

Jul 12, 2013
I am looking for an old rts game probably from the 90's.
There were different alien-kind of races. One of the races was green
and had tentacles which reached to their eyes. At some missions
you had Heroes which had special abilities and some could even
build structures. I think the title contained the word "war" but
i am not totally sure about that.

Any help would be appreciated :3

zul33

Jul 12, 2013
zul33 said:
I am looking for an old rts game probably from the 90's.
There were different alien-kind of races. One of the races was green
and had tentacles which reached to their eyes. At some missions
you had Heroes which had special abilities and some could even
build structures. I think the title contained the word "war" but
i am not totally sure about that.

Any help would be appreciated :3
Nevermind I just found it, it was war wind :D

Jun 29, 2013
Hey gamers, im looking for an early 2000 anime robot suit game. it was a demo for my pc, killing human solders etc. its awesome Jap feel with a level i remember that was walking on a street before entering a ware house with a multi level carpark... please help lol

Judgement2012

Jul 12, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking for a way old pc flash game. It's basically a stick game where you have to evade red sticks that try to kill you. After receiving a brief tutorial on them on an elevator (I think), they crawl towards you (one touch and that's it),and as the game progressed, they got smarter and smarter, to the point where you really had to use your brain to survive. It had a creepy atmosphere and the main reason I'm asking is because I haven't beaten it when I was younger. Having a hard time trying to find this game.

Farcry Beast

Jul 12, 2013
How's it going everyone? I've been trying to find this game for quite a while now...

You can choose either between a wizard in blue robes with a staff and a viking with a 2 handed axe. Both of them have beards and are dwarf looking, hower I don't think they are dwarves. It's a platform game and you see your character from the side something like the old sonic games. Your enemies in one of the levels are skeletons I can remember. I remember playing the game somewhere between 1998 and 2005. Not sure when it came out though! I was playing it on a windows 95 if i can remember well...
Please help me to find it I'd like to find the game + soundtrack, Thank you for your help! Many greets.

deming

Jul 12, 2013
Alright, ive signed up only with hope of finding out what is my game. When I was younger I played a game on the PSone where you live in an old Japanese village. You are trying to find your friend when people just jump at you and need to reply with your katana. When you find your friend, whos name might be enzo or something, he's also berserk and you need to fight him too. I remember him wearing old japanese clothing and a straw basket on his head.
That is pretty much the only thing I remember...
Please, help me find my game

The Silver Hawk

Jul 12, 2013
Farcry Beast said:
How's it going everyone? I've been trying to find this game for quite a while now...

You can choose either between a wizard in blue robes with a staff and a viking with a 2 handed axe. Both of them have beards and are dwarf looking, hower I don't think they are dwarves. It's a platform game and you see your character from the side something like the old sonic games. Your enemies in one of the levels are skeletons I can remember. I remember playing the game somewhere between 1998 and 2005. Not sure when it came out though! I was playing it on a windows 95 if i can remember well...
Please help me to find it I'd like to find the game + soundtrack, Thank you for your help! Many greets.
I have been searching this for a looong long time ._. It was an awesome game and I think 2 players could play it. If anyone knows the name, please tell me!

Dophiex

Jul 12, 2013
Can someone help me figure out what this game is? It's an old game on an old Computer where your playing as a little man and you have to jump on squares but there's some missing, and I think you have to dodge boulders and things flying at you, please let me know if you find out! Thank you

Wiliam Rocha

Jul 12, 2013
Hi.

I played this game in a Windows XP, in 2002.
You could select from one up to four players to play in maps with small characters sharing the same keyboard.
The players need to kill alien spiders that are sieging bases. Also, you should attack the enemy bases (from the spiders).
Sometimes some cars come with reinforcements.

I just cant remember what is the name. We played that in a CD with 500 arcade games.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
I remember playing some kind of JRPG on the PS2, which was vaguely feudal Japan in feeling, I also remember green fields and a fairly impressive city of some kind early on. Can't for the life of me remember the name though!