Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Barney Carpels said:
hey guys i'm looking for an rpg game on ps1 or 2 dont quite remember
there is this one game that i'm trying to find but don't know the name
when you start you have to like fight a weird looking guy with a head that looks like a mushroom
you cant beat him and when you lose you wake up you have to capture of kill monsters and when you capture them you can fuse them togheter you can fight as your male character or with your monsters you live in a town with a smiuth and stuff

i dont really know much more about the game so i hope that this is enough information
Jade Cocoon 1 (PS1)
Jade Cocoon 2 (PS2)

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
jojo786 said:
Anybody remember a PC-based game, around about 1992 to 1995, about a cave man that ran around with a club eating fruit and meat. It was a standard 2D based game, where you had to move left to right to get to the end of the level. You jumped over stuff, and beat things with the club, which got you points or fruit.
Sounds very much like Prehistorik or Prehistorik 2.

Martin_0

Jul 29, 2013
I am looking for an old msdos game where you play as a boy and destroy
the environment using bombs which you have only a limited amout of.
Bigger and giant bombs could be found or purchased, im not sure.
It was definitely a sidescroller and it had a very low resolution.
I played it arount 1996. Some help would be nice.

sytale

Jul 29, 2013
Hi all,

Hope you all can help me.Im searching for a games i used to play long time ago.

This games you will control a medieval ship but it is in space.You are some sort of bounty hunter.You can go to many planet,buy items,replenish air.there is few ship you can get such as galleon and for good ship i.e hammerhead (with blunt ram),spider(with grappling hook) you need to board ship and kill the crew.All are in space.Hope you guys know title of these games.

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
Xan said:
DOS game, a version of the Asian game of Go. Or perhaps a variant of Reversi or Othello.

Different 'races' to play as. Only one I can remember is snowmen. Top-down, or perhaps slightly skewed top-down (like the original Diablo perspecive), with different tiles. Turn based. You picked a tile, and got a weak minion there. Everything adjacent to that tile was affected- each of your units adjacent to it got better (bigger, different image, etc). Similar to putting another chip on top of one in checkers. If an enemy unit was in an adjacent tile to the one you put down, it was weakened. If it was a little pansy, it would die (or be converted to your side?), if it wasn't little then it would be taken down a notch.

If you have ideas, please send me a message. This thread gets a zillion replies!
I asked about this back on page 104. Wondering if anyone knows what game this is.

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
sytale said:
Hi all,

This games you will control a medieval ship but it is in space.You are some sort of bounty hunter.You can go to many planet,buy items,replenish air.there is few ship you can get such as galleon and for good ship i.e hammerhead (with blunt ram),spider(with grappling hook) you need to board ship and kill the crew.All are in space.Hope you guys know title of these games.
Is this like a video game version of Spelljammer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer

sytale

Jul 29, 2013
Xan said:
sytale said:
Hi all,

Is this like a video game version of Spelljammer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer
Thank you Xan.The games is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer:_Pirates_of_Realmspace

I love game publish by SSI

Thank you

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
sytale said:
Xan said:
sytale said:
Hi all,

Thank you Xan.The games is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer:_Pirates_of_Realmspace

I love game publish by SSI

Thank you
Well look at that. Didn't know they made a video game adaptation of Spelljammer. But it made sense from your description. Glad to be of service.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Dark Lantern said:
Guys, any ideas what this one is?
Persona 2 ( http://www.gamatoes.com/Image/covers/persona-2-eternal-punishment/persona-2-eternal-punishment-image558316.jpg )

Ambr

Jul 29, 2013
I have been trying to think of this game for literally years and I'm hoping someone can help me!!

I used to play this game on Windows 95. It was a 2D strategy game where you're a little man in a room full of blocks and you have to pick up the blocks one at a time to build your way to the door. When you got to the door, you beat the level.

I don't remember much else about the game except that I recall it being a little Asian man that's building his way out. The blocks were the same height as him so he could only climb on one block at a time. PLEASE HELP!!!!

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Ambr said:
I have been trying to think of this game for literally years and I'm hoping someone can help me!!

I used to play this game on Windows 95. It was a 2D strategy game where you're a little man in a room full of blocks and you have to pick up the blocks one at a time to build your way to the door. When you got to the door, you beat the level.

I don't remember much else about the game except that I recall it being a little Asian man that's building his way out. The blocks were the same height as him so he could only climb on one block at a time. PLEASE HELP!!!!
I had a game on a old phone (Nokia 3410 generation) that was like that, but I cannot remember what it was called. Not much help, I know, but might help someone else pin it down.

BloodyGuy

Jul 28, 2013
BloodyGuy said:
BloodyGuy said:
Hi!
I used to play a game a few years ago.
It's asins 2D game and I think it has one of these three words ,,Heroes,call,fame" in it's name and it is similar to other heroes of might and magic game series.
In this game u play as a warrior and u have about 7 square moves every in-game day, the goal is to do quests buy items and defeat enemies. When u walk into other standing people you fight them with your army teleported into a little map, u can recruit other people to your army so they would help you in fights.In-game you have to protect other castles and other thing so you would get fame. And when you die you have to play from the start again. The game is pretty much pixel and old. I cant find it anywhere please help! :/
Please help if you can! :(

Kcrafton

Jul 29, 2013
I have, for years, been searching for the name of an SNES game I used to play when I was young. (Somewhere between 4 and 7 years old) It has pretty much haunted me for years. The only thing i have to go off of in identifying it is a couple of mental still images in my head.

It was a basic platformer. When I look back on it, it makes me think of Mario without coins/blocks/etc.

I vaguely remember the first level being snow-based. I seem to recall it was snowing in the game. That's about all I have on that level.

The other level I recall took place on top of a train. You'd work your way along the roof of the train, while the train was speeding.

Something else I vaguely remember, the character you played was small. I want to say he was orange (don't quote me on that) but could be wrong. I remember when you hit down, he reminded me as a bit of a bolt. The top and bottom half were both grayish.

S'about all I got on it. x.x

Thanks in advance. :3

EDIT: Also, might be worth noting, that the graphics weren't massively outstanding. They made me think of the earlier years of the SNES.

EDIT #2: Found the game; was Super James Pond 2 :3

<Kentachi

Jason Butler

Jul 26, 2013
Jason Butler said:
There is this old pc game I played when I was younger, it was made in either 1990s or EARLY 2000s, probably the former. It was a space themed game, specifically Asteroids/Roids themed. You first pick a ship, some I remember were :

red ship, a bit block shaped, really fast, called Intruder;

space ship version of a 1960/70s era car, had Chevy in its name;

your cliche space fighter, can't remember name;

You then select a region, then a sector, and warp in. You destroy asteroids and crystals for money, and can't leave the sector until you destroy all of them. You can spend money on upgrades, such as armor, engine, weapons, cooling systems, etc. Quite often, you are attacked by alien ship, who spawn just outside your screen's view; some will ram you, and others shoot at you. One kind looks like an amorphous blob of slime, one is metallic with a disk moving up and down a central rod, and one looks like a giant jellyfish.

Given my age, I never seemed to put much into a save, but looking back at my scarce memory of the game, it seems it is capable of going on for quite some time.

Ring a bell for anyone? Email me: [email protected]
Thanks
Remembered another detail, It was on a disc called Arcade Games For Windows (1998), along with Oxide, Drone, and about 97 other games. Hope this helps!