Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Geoffrey Morizot

Aug 7, 2013
Hey guys, awesome thread.

I'm looking for a PC game I played way back in the late 90's. I believe it was a first person adventure game with quite a bit of humor thrown in. I remember clearly the game starting out with this cartoony and chaotic cinematic with medieval like characters running around and a big red dragon. And like I already said, the game had a lot of humor. I know this is pretty vague, but if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

mako

Aug 7, 2013
Hey guys, could you help me?

I'm looking for an older 2D platformer-puzzle game wih aliens. Some aliens were slaves and you had to save as may as possible (you could take them with you and they followed your moves, did exactly what you did, and you could stop them and leave them in one place, then take them again), you had to pass guards and obstacles, at some point you also had teleporters. Also, you could hide in the shadows when guards passed. This was all placed in some kind of mine. That's about all i can remember.

It was a really awesome game, please help me find it!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
mako said:
Hey guys, could you help me?

I'm looking for an older 2D platformer-puzzle game wih aliens. Some aliens were slaves and you had to save as may as possible (you could take them with you and they followed your moves, did exactly what you did, and you could stop them and leave them in one place, then take them again), you had to pass guards and obstacles, at some point you also had teleporters. Also, you could hide in the shadows when guards passed. This was all placed in some kind of mine. That's about all i can remember.

It was a really awesome game, please help me find it!
Abe's Oddysee / Abe's Exoddus

Scunnygal87

Aug 5, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Scunnygal87 said:
Hi, I'm new here so hope I've done this correctly!

I'm trying to find two games - one I played on MS-Dos in the mid-90's, I'm sure we only had the demo version, but basically you had control of four/five characters which helped you to finish the level. They were different colours (red, blue, yellow, green and maybe purple/pink). Red could break rocks, I think, blue could swim, one of them could climb and not sure of the rest. It was a cartoony type game, and I'd really like to know the answer!

The second game was for the NES. Wish I'd never traded this game and Mission: Impossible in for a Wrestling game - stupid brother making me get it... anyway, it was like a small, ninja type dude who used a sword as his main weapon but also threw bombs and other throwy things, it was a side-scrolling game but I cannot think of anymore details! His suit was blue, I'm sure. Gosh, so annoying when you can picture playing it too!
#2. Ninja Gaiden, or Ninja Gaiden 2, or Ninja Gaiden 3.
I think the game I was looking for was Blue Shadow, but thanks for the suggestions :)

Scunnygal87

Aug 5, 2013
ioxoi said:
Constantin Grama said:
GiantRaven said:
Constantin Grama said:
Hi!
Please oh please tell me you know this game, i have been trying for weeks to remember its name.
It is a car racing game (like NFS), i think it launched near the 2000's... something like 1997-2001, i don't remember.
The thing about this game is...... it was a combat car game, you had weapons like: oil that made other cars slip, mines that made other cars blow up or deviate their course, or some kind of nitro.
I know it is not Revolt, nor Carmageddon. I have played these 2 and i know 100% that this game is neither one of them.
Please tell me the name of this game, it was one of the best games of my childhood :)
Potentially either Demolition Racer or one of the Destruction Derby games?
nope, it was something simple, with modern cars, no visual damage, i think it might be an indie game. i remember that i used to buy a lot of "dirty little helper" magazines, it might be from one of their CDs...
This sounds a bit like "Rock and Roll Racing" for SNES/Megadrive (Genesis)... Or Combat Cars

Shard Copedge

Aug 7, 2013
hey guys im looking for a game i played when i was a kid around the late 90s it was an adventure bug life kind of game. had pretty good graphics its first person. i only remember this water level and i have to get across the pond or something. their was a lot of fog and plants and stuff.

if anybody has any suggestions please let me know

bambii

Aug 7, 2013
bambii said:
This really is a cool thread!
I dont think anyone has mentioned the pc game im looking for so hopefully it does exsists and i havent made it up in my head.

Okay so its probably from the early 2000s and it about basically 7 siblings who are entirely different races. You get to choose one and they all have different special abilities. I remeber always choosing a beast girl with like bat wings. After that you can choose an enemy or two and where younwant to fight. Then your in the middle of nothing and in the map at the top corner you can see one red dot, which is your one player. She/he/it can then build things like another creature or some sort of defensive thing. The girl i always picked could build a sort of zapper. They also have to build these glowing things that allow you to build faster. You basically have to try and take over all the land. I know more detail if you need anything. I hope someone knows what im talking about! Thanks!
I found it!
Thanks anyways!
It was called total annihilation kingdom

Ambr

Jul 29, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Ambr said:
I have been trying to think of this game for literally years and I'm hoping someone can help me!!

I used to play this game on Windows 95. It was a 2D strategy game where you're a little man in a room full of blocks and you have to pick up the blocks one at a time to build your way to the door. When you got to the door, you beat the level.

I don't remember much else about the game except that I recall it being a little Asian man that's building his way out. The blocks were the same height as him so he could only climb on one block at a time. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Sounds like Solomon's Key
I had a mini heart attack when I Googled "Solomns Key" because at first glace it looked like the game I have been searching for! lol Though it seems to be the same or similar concept, the one I used to play was more simple. There aren't any dragons or fire or anything trying to kill you. It's simply a strategy game where you have to put all the blocks in just the right spot and if you put one in a bad spot you could get stuck and have to start over! Hmmm :(

nadman

Aug 8, 2013
In the past 1-2 years this game always came to my mind and i would really love to find it now. The only thing i can remember is that you played with green Tanks/Turrets which fired blue lasers if i remember correctly. You had to fight the blue ones and it was on some kind of desert map.
I really hope someone knows the games name:)
Thanks for reading!

atTheNexus

Aug 8, 2013
Hi guys, I've been looking and looking for this game for too long to no avail and now it's driving me crazy.

The game I'm trying to think of was a kind of old game (~5 years ago, 2007-09). It was a flash (IIRC), online game on the PC. You control one spaceship with the basic controls of the arrow keys for movement and another key to shoot. You can pick between a red, blue, green, and yellow "clan," and I think you were able to choose the size of the spaceship. The game is played from a bird's eye view above the spacecraft. The map is very vast (possibly infinite, I don't remember completely) and is just a black space of openness.

The object of the game is to gain points for your team. By shooting and destroy opponent spaceships, you obtain points for your team. I recall there being gigantic spacecraft that were the size of 100 of your spaceships that could not be destroyed. There are no levels, it is all simply an "infinite," point-based game. I'm pretty sure it was simple and only feature a single player mode.

Anyone else played this game before?

KamenZero

Aug 8, 2013
Like many others, I made an account just so I could join in the fun. There are three games I am currently thinking of that I just can't seem to find any traces of on the webs.

The first is a PC game, possibly an adventure game of some sort. All I remember are that it's set in a futuristic setting and I believe you may have started off coming out of some sort of sleeping pod in an office room. I also think one of the first items you found was thermal goggles, and I do remember the color red being prevalent in the scenery.. possibly Mars through windows?

The second is also a PC game.. It was a Pac-man clone of sorts, and I remember it having a very cool soundtrack. You were a large yellow sphere person going through a maze, but instead of just one room collecting orbs as you avoided enemies, there were actually multiple rooms to go through, so sort of a maze adventure game.

And finally, the third game is a Sega Genesis game. You played a wizard who's starting spell was some sort of fire ball that looked like a little yellow feather, and at the very start of the game, you had to fight a green dragon in order to get into the castle you're trying to enter.

KamenZero

Aug 8, 2013
rodendo said:
Hi, I'm looking for a point and click game... it was about aliens and you played with a guy wearing a green bath robe and slippers. There was a radio in your room. There was a theater full of weird creatures. Outside your room were some other rooms with those hand scanners.
If I'm not mistaken, in the end you discover that you're actually a clone living in another dimension or something.
Well, thanks in advance.
Aliens + Guy in Bathrobe = Hitchhikers Guide To The Universe?

Lucas96

Aug 8, 2013
Hey guys.I'm looking for 2 old RPG games,in the first one the main character that you play with is a girl.I don't remember much of what happens,I just know that your village is invaded by some orcs/monsters and right at the beginning of the game you kill 2 of them in front of your house,and then you run away and do different quests.

In the second game,you play with a guy who has long hair and lives in some kind of castle.At the beginning of the game you wake up and then go train your skills with one of your friends.After that I don't remember anything except that you are infected with some kind of virus or that you're cursed,and you have a limited time to get somewhere before you turn into a monster.I never managed to get to where i needed to,I always turned into a monster and then the mission failed and reloaded from a previous checkpoint or something like that.
I would really appreciate if someone would tell me the names of these games.Have a nice day!

hexi2d

Aug 8, 2013
Hy i am looking for a game its a shooter if i remember. you play as a robot or a guy in robot armor, i only played the demo so i don't remember much but the name was shogun 'something' .can't find it anywhere

Theresa05

Aug 8, 2013
Hello,
I am looking for a game that was released mid 90s to early 2000. It is a real time strategy game. I had at that time, unfortunately, only a demo. It takes place in a fictional world. The menu, or the survey is on the right side (I think). You play as a human race. The individual units, in this case, people could be trained to become better, the display for this is right on top of the monitor. You hunt Dinosaurs and other animals to level up the individual units. These animals sometimes drop items, such as e.g. axes, bows, boomerangs, shields and so on. I do not know if you must collect resources, but if then determined food. You can build buildings. As an opponent, there are humans and other races. I had played the demo. There are three different levels (I am not sure, maybe 3 different typs with each 3 levels).

The first: You start in the middle of the map with a few units (perhaps three). The opponents are dinosaurs at the starting position. I never got far in this level. I quickly lost because the dinosaurs were too much and too strong.

The second: Here I can remember off poorly. I just know that you could also form wizard.

The third: Here I can remember quite well off. You start on the left below. One opponent (human) is directly above you on the map. He has, among other things, a blacksmith. Right above the camp has been a forest where the enemy had positioned his soldiers. On the right of the camp, there was a forest where you could level up your own soldiers well, and many items fall by the animals was left. Another opponent (no human) was right on top of the map. This had a base with turrets as a defense.

I hope you can help me. I am looking for this game a couple of years. Possibly the demo was marked as shareware.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
hexi2d said:
Hy i am looking for a game its a shooter if i remember. you play as a robot or a guy in robot armor, i only played the demo so i don't remember much but the name was shogun 'something' .can't find it anywhere
Might be Shogo: Mobile Armor Division.

Hunter0911

Aug 8, 2013
Hello :) i'm looking for an old game that i could have possibly played early 2000 ( i don't know its release date unfortunatly ), a third person shooter, the environnement seemed to be old Asia ( Japan or China ? ) you could choose between two characters, a guy with a spear and a girl with i don't remember what weapon ( xD ), it was a survival horror game, pretty hard, you were thrown in a map with a lot of zombies and limited time to find the way out to the next level or the objective ( i don't remember well about this as i was pretty young ), you had limited time before you'd die ( there was a gauge in the bottom right of the H.U.D telling depleting slowly, until you die if you were not done with the level ) and i remember that the game over screen was a creepy dark face xD

Martin_0

Jul 29, 2013
valuscaisac said:
Guys please help me to bring back one of my childhood games...I'm so embarrassed that I can't remember the name!
valuscaisac said:
Hello there guys!
I kindly ask you to help me find a game that I've played long long time ago and I can't remember the name.
It was back in the `90s and it was a pc game.
The game had 2 robots. One was a blue male robot with tank wheels and the 2nd one was a red female layout with some short of wings.
So you were able to select one of them and start the map and fighting and smashing other robots in your way.
I remember that it was kind of a short game.
Really appreciate you help guys! Thanks!
Rise of the Robots