Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ishy Wut

Oct 4, 2013
The game you are referring to is Mappy. Little cop mouse bouncing off trampolines and picking up t.v.'s and stereos before the cat burglars can get 'em! Lol this is by far my favorite Namco arcade game. Excellent game.

Ishy Wut

Oct 4, 2013
Ashcrexl said:
ah, i thought of another one! it was an arcade style game, with the insert coins and stuff, i dont remember where exactly i played it, but anyways, there was a mouse, running from cats in a 2D mansion with trampolines, and, i swear i remember this correctly, you beat them by SLAMMING DOORS AT THEM. it was hard as hell, anyone know the name?
The game you are referring to is Mappy. Little cop mouse bouncing off of trampolines and nabbing up t.v's and stereos before the "cat burglars" can get them! By far my favorite Namco arcade game.

zacshely77700

Sep 29, 2013
okay. so i really wanna find this old game my sister let me play when i was younger. 1990's game, about a girl (think the name of the game started with a E and it was the girls name) you wake up in a labyrinth and you dont know where you are. so you walk around and pick stuff up and solve puzzles. you find a pool of water in a little fountain. its a point and click game where your in a dusty labyrinth. you move from screen to screen, and it had myst like graphics, pretty good for a game of that time.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS GAME IS PLEASE

also it was for the computer

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Zomb3h said:
Zomb3h said:
I joined this site just to get some kind of help with this game. I've been looking forever and I just can't find it. It was an old game for Windows 95, maybe 98. I played it on my grandpap's old 95 computer when I was little. I rmemeber alot of things about the game, but the more I search the more I get lost. It resembles the old Petz games or maybe Spore, but I know it's neither of those.

You like had this dog you could play with. You had like three breed choices. It started as a baby and had like three life stges and grew up over time. It never died though as far as I remember. The graphics were horrible though. The dogs were made out of like spheres and you could only have one dog at a time- until you wanted a new one then you deleted the old and got a new one. I know one choice was a poodle like dog- and another a brown dog.

There wasn't much to do. You had a few worlds to choose from to 'explore' one was a beach, another a field and another a party like room with odd pictures on the wall and balloons. o^o you could pop the ballons. There was constantly this airplane sound in the sky every once in awhile. The game was 3d like and the worlds were overly huge and glitched alot.

You had like limited stuff to do. I remember there being a ball, a bone of some kind and a flashlight for tricks? I wanna say you could make it do tricks but I dunno. But if you clicked on the dog you could drag and move it around and the lil balls that made it up came apart before coming back together when you dropped the dog.
The first game were you could adopt a dog was Dogz: Your Computer Pet aka Dogz: Your Virtual Pet from 1995

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dogz-your-computer-pet

But i think you played Dogz 3

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=14357&tab=screen

Or maybe Dogz 2, but i can't find any screenshots about that one.

zacshely77700 said:
okay. so i really wanna find this old game my sister let me play when i was younger. 1990's game, about a girl (think the name of the game started with a E and it was the girls name) you wake up in a labyrinth and you dont know where you are. so you walk around and pick stuff up and solve puzzles. you find a pool of water in a little fountain. its a point and click game where your in a dusty labyrinth. you move from screen to screen, and it had myst like graphics, pretty good for a game of that time.

Do you have some more information? The only adventure games whit an E from that time are Elvira and Emanuelle, but both are not as you described. Is it first person or 3rd person. Myst is from 1993 and when the game has the same kind of graphics i thing it should be a little younger, because Myst was revolutionary about that graphics at those times.

When you delete the Girl i would say "The Labyrinth of Time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Labyrinth_of_Time

Kimmeh98

Oct 4, 2013
Vanessa Blair said:
The game I am thinking of was a kids game for the P.C. I believe it started in a kid's room where you could click on objects in the room to start mini-games. Like, for example, you could click on the mouse hole and it took you to a mini-game involving mice, dice, and a game board. You could also click on a book and it took you to a mini-game where you could make your own storybook. It gave you an option of three different backgrounds and themes. One I believe was medieval/fantasy, one was in a town, and the other I think was a forest or a farm. You could then choose stickers to place on the background. Each sticker was represented by a different letter of the alphabet. For example, on the medieval/fantasy theme, "P" was for the "Princess" sticker and "O" was for the "Ogre" sticker. I have been searching for the name of this game for a looong time! Please help! =)
sounds like MS-DOS "The Playroom" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Playroom_(1989_video_game)

moonman788

Oct 4, 2013
i cant remember the name of this game but it was a side scrolling fighting game but with a twist u get to be the enemie you killed.at the end of the level theres the door u exit theres like 100 + characters/enemies, the background was a dungeon.

Ville Tarpila

Sep 30, 2013
Ville Tarpila said:
Hey.

What is the name of game that i played when i was little boy. It started like you spawn middle of nowhere in the forest. You didnt have any memories about what the *** was going on but you found pocketknife next to you and you can cut small trees with it.

Idea of the game was find a way out. you were surrounded by big walls and area where you play was really big. There was some other people helping you and sellin/trading stuff that can help you. game was top perspective.

Hopefully somebody figure out what is the name of this game :) And sorry about bad english. It´s not my motherlanguage :)

Raki

Oct 3, 2013
Raki said:
I have one for you guys. What I remember of the game is it was a medieval setting. You played a novice wizard/alchemist type character who's name I think was merlin. The game has absolutely no action to it. It's basically a story line and a puzzle. You go to different "scenes" to find clues and items that progress the story. I THINK there was a dragon involved as well as some machine you were making. The graphics were very cartoony and there was voice acting. If I remember correctly your voice almost had a british accent. It remind me of playing a cartoon and the animation looked like something out of Dragon's Lair. Since it has voice acting I assume it was at least Psone era.

Anyone remember such a game?
This game ended up being Blazing Dragons.

zacshely77700

Sep 29, 2013
Kimmeh98 said:
Vanessa Blair said:
The game I am thinking of was a kids game for the P.C. I believe it started in a kid's room where you could click on objects in the room to start mini-games. Like, for example, you could click on the mouse hole and it took you to a mini-game involving mice, dice, and a game board. You could also click on a book and it took you to a mini-game where you could make your own storybook. It gave you an option of three different backgrounds and themes. One I believe was medieval/fantasy, one was in a town, and the other I think was a forest or a farm. You could then choose stickers to place on the background. Each sticker was represented by a different letter of the alphabet. For example, on the medieval/fantasy theme, "P" was for the "Princess" sticker and "O" was for the "Ogre" sticker. I have been searching for the name of this game for a looong time! Please help! =)
sounds like MS-DOS "The Playroom" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Playroom_(1989_video_game)

Roman78 said:
Zomb3h said:
Zomb3h said:
I joined this site just to get some kind of help with this game. I've been looking forever and I just can't find it. It was an old game for Windows 95, maybe 98. I played it on my grandpap's old 95 computer when I was little. I rmemeber alot of things about the game, but the more I search the more I get lost. It resembles the old Petz games or maybe Spore, but I know it's neither of those.

You like had this dog you could play with. You had like three breed choices. It started as a baby and had like three life stges and grew up over time. It never died though as far as I remember. The graphics were horrible though. The dogs were made out of like spheres and you could only have one dog at a time- until you wanted a new one then you deleted the old and got a new one. I know one choice was a poodle like dog- and another a brown dog.

There wasn't much to do. You had a few worlds to choose from to 'explore' one was a beach, another a field and another a party like room with odd pictures on the wall and balloons. o^o you could pop the ballons. There was constantly this airplane sound in the sky every once in awhile. The game was 3d like and the worlds were overly huge and glitched alot.

You had like limited stuff to do. I remember there being a ball, a bone of some kind and a flashlight for tricks? I wanna say you could make it do tricks but I dunno. But if you clicked on the dog you could drag and move it around and the lil balls that made it up came apart before coming back together when you dropped the dog.
The first game were you could adopt a dog was Dogz: Your Computer Pet aka Dogz: Your Virtual Pet from 1995

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dogz-your-computer-pet

But i think you played Dogz 3

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=14357&tab=screen

Or maybe Dogz 2, but i can't find any screenshots about that one.

zacshely77700 said:

Do you have some more information? The only adventure games whit an E from that time are Elvira and Emanuelle, but both are not as you described. Is it first person or 3rd person. Myst is from 1993 and when the game has the same kind of graphics i thing it should be a little younger, because Myst was revolutionary about that graphics at those times.

When you delete the Girl i would say "The Labyrinth of Time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Labyrinth_of_Time

no it was neither of those, um... it didnt have much intro, you just awoke in this old labyrinth, made mostly of stone walls and dirt paths, there was little plants on the walls, i believe it was first-person, and being so young i never got very far, but you were just trying to find you way out and how you got there. you collected things on the ground that you saw and used them as clues to who you are and in puzzles around the labyrinth.

Michele Melton

Oct 4, 2013
looking for a game called cosmic census or close,it was online and you answered questions and climbed up a hill to the top. It had a robot voice. 1990 something? anyone know?

brawlpit7

Oct 4, 2013
There is an old fishing game for ps1 which you could play split screen on and in a certain area you could catch fish that would turn into dinosaurs and your screen would flash and take over part of the other players screen.

HeatSir

Oct 2, 2013
Doomgriever said:
HeatSir said:
So its not a really old game. I have a list of games I'd love to find again, but I'll start with this one. Its an online Flash game, there are various little "men" or alien guys that place among the battle field. Each of the little guys has a different abliity. It is kind of like the game Tanks, but will little wierd looking people. Anyone remember this game? The idea was to defeaft the other teams placed people. I wish I could remember more about it. Thanks to anyone for the help. As someone who has been playing games for as long as I can remember I will try my best to contribute to this site.
Gunbound?
No, thats not it. Thanks for trying though.

Holofernes

Oct 4, 2013
Hope someone can help:

- Old Apple 2 or 2e game where you floated around in a large maze in space, bouncing off walls, exploring and shooting a variety of odd colorful enemies as you tried to find and collect all of the (something - fuel crystals?) on each level.

- It had a top down view (like Bolo), pretty sure it was simple/raster graphics, seem to recall your ship was kind of like the one in asteroids, and all you could do is rotate, thrust and fire as you explore the randomly generated maze to pick up all of the sparsely seeded thingies to advance to the next level. Not 100% sure on the collection angle.

- There were a number of funky enemies in the maze to hinder you, one of each type I think. One enemy was a spinning white plus symbol thing you could shoot the ends off (colored balls?) which would then attack you independently. One enemy was a caterpillar like segmented thing that just ran quickly around the edges of the maze walls.

I thought it was just called "Star Maze" or "Space Maze", but I can't find it on the 2e Archive sites, Youtube or by using Google-fu.

Holofernes

Oct 4, 2013
Edit: Of course I found it via http://applewin.berlios.de/ right after posting this. It is indeed called "Star Maze" and is by Sir-tech circa 1983ish, maybe a port from the C64 or vice versa.

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D4126

This game along with Bolo and Spindizzy ate up a lot of my time back in the day.

Cloudstrifeff7

Oct 4, 2013
Hello guys, I am searching an old game for PSX. The gameplay is like Resident Evil and you can choose 4 characters. The first is a boy with gun, the second is a blonde girl with an electric knife, the third a muscular man and the four is a cyborg little girl (loli xD). The game probably is by japanese people.
Thanks in advance for your help!

sinspired

Oct 5, 2013
how about this:
this ones literally a children's game. all i remember is that in the beginning of the game you're playing as a dog and the dog's owner throws the dog's bone. the dog searches all over the world to find the bone (i can only distinctly remember a point where the dog is in a sunken ship and a skeleton pops out and sings "dead bones can dance" or somehting to that extent) before finally returning it home at the end of the game.

Spartan152

Feb 23, 2008
Before you ask, it isn't Carmageddon, and it isn't Carmageddon. It was a game where you would go around driving through the city, and you would shoot and attack other cars, and you could customize your vehicles with guns and spikes and oil /smokescreen stuff. I played it around the time I was playing SimCoptor because I got both of these games from the library. I really want to play it and I'm almost positive it exists, but I cannot for the life of me find it. the hud was first person, or maybe like x-wing, cause you could see the interior as a hud, I think...
Any ideas? PC game by the way.