Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

tycoonmaster

Sep 3, 2013
Claymored said:
tycoonmaster said:
The second one is a helicopter dos game (1996-1997), in which you see the helicopter from above(it is 3D graphics, but with 3rd person view), this helicopter shoot missiles, bullets and you have to destroy the enemy camps. Very nice game!
Is Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf the game you're looking for?
No my friend, the one I mentioned has really 3D graphics(smooth hills, trees and quite good gameplay) but you look the helicopter from the above like the game you say.

Roman78 said:
Second one sounds indeed like one of the Stike series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_series

Third one could be Prince of Perisa (the older once)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_%281989_video_game%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_2:_The_Shadow_and_the_Flame

And by the first one, if i get it right, you are looking for a jump and run game were a woman is the main character? The only one i know beside the two you mentioned is The Great Giana Sisters (which surprisingly looks like Mario bros...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Giana_Sisters
The third one(with the woman one) looks like the Jill of the Jungle,and yes she is the main and I think the only character of the game,
http://i.imgur.com/U3NK9MM.png

The second one, a man carries many modern weapons such as pistols, shotgun etc. and the enviroment is like modern buildings. The game play looks like the one you mentioned(prince of persia), but imagine it with graphics of our present world.

Thank you for your answers! I hope you can help me to find their names very soon.

Matchu

Sep 16, 2012
cloroxbb said:
Matchu said:
porous_shield said:
Alizaria said:
I'm trying to figure out the name of an old game i played as a kid, i don't remember much other then you could play through the game with two people, one used a yo-yo? as a weapon, (no it is not earthbound) the other used like one of those party blower things that unroll when you blow into them, i thing the weapons can upgrade also.
i remember one level kinda like a graveyard? idk something really dark and spooky, again it was a side scroller.
for some parts it was a side scroller style game,then i think i remember little cut scenes where depending on how much money you spent you'd have to sail somewhere, if you had little money you were basically floating on a piece of wood, if you had alot you'd be on a nice ship. idk ive been trying to find this game for ages and nothing works.

im hoping that im remembering this game correctly (i was born 1992 so that gives a bit of a time frame, i was still a little kid at the time. thanks all.
Sounds like Legend of the Mystical Ninja I had for SNES.
One year on....still looking!
But THAT is the game. Goemon used the Yo-yo and the blue guy used the party blower thing. If its not that, then it is ONE of the games in that series. Its really the only game that comes to mind that uses both of those things as a weapon.
Sorry chap I linked the wrong quote :-/ I was still looking for a different game :-(

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
tycoonmaster said:
The third one(with the woman one) looks like the Jill of the Jungle,and yes she is the main and I think the only character of the game,
http://i.imgur.com/U3NK9MM.png

The second one, a man carries many modern weapons such as pistols, shotgun etc. and the enviroment is like modern buildings. The game play looks like the one you mentioned(prince of persia), but imagine it with graphics of our present world.

Thank you for your answers! I hope you can help me to find their names very soon.
Than it could be Duke Nukem 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T599pIWhArM

Pablose

Oct 1, 2013
Pablose said:
Hi guys!

I just saw this thread searching for the games I'm going to ask for and thought I had to register and ask to see if any of you knows which game I'm talking about.

I can't remember a lot, but here's my take:

- It was an old soccer/football game in which the teams were composed of animals. You could pick the team of the dogs, rabbits, cats, etc...
- I can't remember what device it was for, though :(
- I also remember you could do some kind of special kick in which the ball would catch fire. If you scored a goal with that, you ignited the goal (and sometimes the goalkeeper).
- Can't really remember a lot more... There were some different stadiums I think.

And now that I'm up to this, I can remember another game which I played lots of years ago on the PC (maybe 12 years ago or so).

My memory about it is very fuzzy, but maybe someone can guess the game I'm talking about.

The game I had was a demo, so I don't have much details either:

- I think the character you played was yellow.
- You could swim in the water (I believe you were at a beach or somewhere similar) but if you got too deep you were always eaten by piranhas or some kind of fish (red-coloured, i believe).
- I think in the demo you found some sort of alien ship or something like that.

That's all I can remember...

Hope some of you know these games and can help me out.

I will also try and give a hand to you if I can.

Thanks a lot!

Jagz993

Oct 8, 2013
Hello, I was hoping that you could help me name these games that have been on my mind lately

The first is a ps1 game that a turned based RPG similar to Final Fantasy. The in game battles are similar to that of Final Fantasy 9. What I remember of this game is that your a male character and when you first start the game you need to fight a red hair female who ends defeating you. For some reason after this battle you have to travel with a girl that seems like a white mage to different places. After certain story progression the girl transforms into the same red hair female you fought at the start of the game. Its like two people trapped in the same body but only one is present at a time. She stays as a party in either form as far as I remember. If it helps later on I pretty sure you get to a jungle area where you have to fight a boss that's a lion who stands up and talks like a human. He's first hostile but joins your party after the patty.

The second is also a ps1 from images I think its an overhead third person, so your looking down at an angle to the character. In this you would travel through various dungeons fighting various monsters such as goblins, vampire etc. Your character had a deck of cards which you could choose from and throw into the field, which would then summon monsters you collected/brought into the field and they would fight of the enemy. What I remember is that the first level was a castle and you first fought of the skeletons to learn the moves until you could kill the boss which was a vampire. After the level was complete a roulette would spin giving you a chance to get a new card. The second level I think was set in a graveyard.

If you can help in any way thanks!!!

Jagz993

Oct 8, 2013
Hello, I was hoping that you could help me name these games that have been on my mind lately

The first is a ps1 game that a turned based RPG similar to Final Fantasy. The in game battles are similar to that of Final Fantasy 9. What I remember of this game is that your a male character and when you first start the game you need to fight a red hair female who ends defeating you. For some reason after this battle you have to travel with a girl that seems like a white mage to different places. After certain story progression the girl transforms into the same red hair female you fought at the start of the game. Its like two people trapped in the same body but only one is present at a time. She stays as a party in either form as far as I remember. If it helps later on I pretty sure you get to a jungle area where you have to fight a boss that's a lion who stands up and talks like a human. He's first hostile but joins your party after the patty.

The second is also a ps1 from images I think its an overhead third person, so your looking down at an angle to the character. In this you would travel through various dungeons fighting various monsters such as goblins, vampire etc. Your character had a deck of cards which you could choose from and throw into the field, which would then summon monsters you collected/brought into the field and they would fight of the enemy. What I remember is that the first level was a castle and you first fought of the skeletons to learn the moves until you could kill the boss which was a vampire. After the level was complete a roulette would spin giving you a chance to get a new card. The second level I think was set in a graveyard.

If you can help in any way thanks!!! Sorry for double post, if i knew how to delete it i would.

Shawmon

Oct 9, 2013
It's lame I can't find this online game.

I played this online years ago when I was really young and it was an educational game that had you make an account, choose a pet and then your pet would get stolen by something. I remember you walk your pet at night and someone at the beginning, I can't remember if it was the player or not, was in all brown and had a pitch black face covered by a hat. The person who stole your pet would run into a sewer I believe, not sure. As you progress slightly into the game searching for your lost pet, you would meet two fairy creature things that looked the same. They would say how each other was the evil one and you shouldn't listen to them. The only mini-game thing I remember is where you would need to put a certain amount of liquid in some sort-of pot, like 3/4 of a liquid, 7/10 of other, and you just mix them together to make the recipe. The only thing I remember from the title was it was something along the line of, Labyrinth Quest or something. I think the Labyrinth part is close to real name.

I mainly want to find this game for one of my cousins who started school a while ago.

KSuits

Oct 10, 2013
Alright so I've been searching for about an hour on Google and haven't had luck finding this game I used to play that was on old PC game.There were monsters that you leveled up, some of the monsters were a carrot, a tornado, a kite, a bunny possibly named vorpal bunny, also a weird pink creature called a moogle or a moogie they all had really weird names. It was also an adventure you had to explore these caves and got to catch the monsters. It almost seemed like a cheep Pokemon ripoff. Any name help would be greatly appreciated.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
KSuits said:
Alright so I've been searching for about an hour on Google and haven't had luck finding this game I used to play that was on old PC game.There were monsters that you leveled up, some of the monsters were a carrot, a tornado, a kite, a bunny possibly named vorpal bunny, also a weird pink creature called a moogle or a moogie they all had really weird names. It was also an adventure you had to explore these caves and got to catch the monsters. It almost seemed like a cheep Pokemon ripoff. Any name help would be greatly appreciated.
Vorpal Bunny and Moogle are creatures from Final Fantasy

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vorpal_Bunny_%28Final_Fantasy_XII%29
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Moogle_%28Race%29

TheBlakDrag0n

Oct 10, 2013
OK, so this thread seems to be my best bet to finding a game I've been looking for for the last few years. I'll do my best to describe it for all of you game gurus on here. :)

Platform:
PC (133 Mhz), Windows 95 or possibly 98. (I may have downloaded this game from the old "AOL games" section of AOL if that helps at all)

Description:
After searching for so long I've discovered that the game is very possibly a clone of the scorched earth game. It began with a black splash screen that played a MIDI version of the theme from Phantom of the Opera and had colorful "fireworks" shooting off from the bottom of the black splash screen every few seconds. Once you decided to move past the splash screen, the game had the scorched earth style 2D terrain (I think it was only green...I don't remember other terrain colors) and two "tanks", one on each side that you and another player could take turns with the keyboard and play. From what I remember of the gameplay, it was fairly simplistic. Just choose the gun angle, choose the shot power and projectile type.

I've tried all the similar style and scorched earth clone games I can find (Atomic Tanks, etc.) but none of them I've found so far have been the one I remember.

Unfortunately since the last time I played this game is going on twenty years ago, that's about all I can remember at this point, but the one thing that stuck out was the usage of the Phantom theme in the opening/splash screen. Hopefully that will jog someone's memory. Thanks a bunch for any hints you can give me!

TheBlakDrag0n

Oct 10, 2013
tycoonmaster said:
The second one is a helicopter dos game (1996-1997), in which you see the helicopter from above(it is 3D graphics, but with 3rd person view), this helicopter shoot missiles, bullets and you have to destroy the enemy camps. Very nice game!
By chance could it be Seek and Destroy? I personally LOVED that game back then. :) This page http://www.squakenet.com/download/seek-and-destroy/1361/ has a description and a video that shows gameplay footage so you can be sure it is the game you're looking for. I think I actually still have the disk somewhere too...

TheBlakDrag0n

Oct 10, 2013
Roman78 said:
I know that as Tank Wars.
Thanks! :) I've tried searching Google for Tank Wars before (and just now, just to make sure) and haven't been able to find any images that look like the game I remember. :( Any thoughts on how I could narrow down my search? Like I said originally, the intro/splash screen is really the only thing that made it stick out from all the other games like it.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
I don't know, when i try it whit google i never find what i am looking for. Also at mobygame and those site don't have a good search engine.

Marcin Rot

Oct 10, 2013
Hey.
I am looking for a very old game for PC. There are only few details I remember about it, but i count on you guys.
The game took place in some kind of jungle and we control a little boy that knows some kind of martial art. He has purple or blue hair, and when we want to make a kick he specifically screams like "whaiaa".

Darth_kospo

Oct 10, 2013
Hello everyone and sorry for the interruption,

I am over one week searching for a game in Google and have opened all links in Wikipedia to find a game I loved and played in Pc-Windows. I found this forum searched a little bit and still couldn't find it. You are my last hope. I will give as many information as I remember and if someone remembers anything I would be grateful. So:

-It's a PC game - Windows
-I think it was an adventure but I am not sure
-The characters were not humans but some strange creatures
( I think they were all blue )
-I remember starting in a house with garage.
-One of the first missions was to break in a museum and take a
uniform
-I also remember needing an umbrella because it was raining. I
could buy the umbrella with money or I think I could steal
it.
-I think (but I am not sure) there was also a Lighthouse.
-The camera was isometric
-Something very characteristic I remember was, that I turned some Jukebox on to play Music and could also change the Genre.
-One thing, that I am not certainly sure was a seak animal that I should help.
-And Last I remember some dungeons I were, where I found keys to open doors (not so rare in video games...).

If anyone has even the slightest idea, please help. Thanks again and sorry for the long post.

Poppyseed

Oct 10, 2013
I am looking for an old hack and slash game that came as a demo cd for an old HP computer before 2000 I got it sometime between 1997-2000

It was not Diablo or DIablo 2
It had the same camera view as the Diablo games
You start off in a Dark Forest and not in a town
It had the same equipment system as Diablo
I started off as a necromancer I or some type of Dark elf
You could pickpocket just like the elder scrolls games
You could kill pretty much anyone in town
There were guards if you got caught tresspassing just like elder scrolls
One of the firsts quests was to pickpocket or kill a man for a locket
The graphics were actually pretty good
IT WAS A REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD GAME

I know since this was just a demo it will be hard to find anyone who remembers "especially since it was so long ago" any help is much appreciated, thank you very much!

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Marcin Rot said:
Hey.
I am looking for a very old game for PC. There are only few details I remember about it, but i count on you guys.
The game took place in some kind of jungle and we control a little boy that knows some kind of martial art. He has purple or blue hair, and when we want to make a kick he specifically screams like "whaiaa".
Except of the blue hair it sounds like Disney's Jungle Book

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/disneys-the-jungle-book__

SW4G-TP

Oct 10, 2013
Hello!

This one game's been bugging me for a while; I can't remember much of it, though. I imagine I played it somewhere around 2005 (again, not sure!), though it could be an older game, I just played it in 2005-ish. Anyway, here's a few things I remember about it:

-You start on this hill, road, thing, and you can see a castle, monastery or something on the other side of the sea, and it's filled with demons and stuff. There's some object you have to find, some holy Godly object to get rid of all the demons and stuff.
-If you continue following the road, there will be a tree log in the middle of the road, not letting you to go through, and some bandits or goblins or something there which you have to fight.
-It MIGHT be something like Neverwinter Nights 1, same graphics I believe, so it's not 3D, and same point of view. It's an RPG, of course, with talents and all that good stuff.
-You have to go way around the tree log, following a road filled with goblins and other evil guys. Then, after you've gone past all that, you reach a village/town, and if you continue through it you reach some big graveyard.
-I'm not all too sure, but I do think you can be a Mage, Warrior, Ranger, you know, the classic stuff.
-I played it on my PC, so it's a Windows game, clearly.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I remember that could be 'vital'. I remember it was super-duper fun to play and would absolutely LOVE to play it again. So yeah, any help would be GREAAATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Johnson Alexander

Oct 10, 2013
Hello gamers!

Some years ago I played a game with Hercules. I think it was about cleaning the Augean Stables.
He must use pipes to take water from a river in a specific time (it's a timed water pipe game) and there are special pipe components (I remember there was an ice cube that can freeze water for a short time).
The goal is to finish the pipeline before time runs out and the water starts flowing.
If you have any idea on the game name, please let me know.

Thank you!