Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
johntheguy said:
dariusdetiger said:
johntheguy said:
Ok i know its a game that starts with an S but yea... it's like...in the campaingn you are a brain,ont top of a robot,and its like a sandbox shooter where like,i've seen videos that there wore waves of badies like robots and zombies and humans and you can build a fort and the terrain is destroyable!BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE FREAKING NAME!!!
How about Supreme Commander?
nope not that one beacause you are an army but you control the guys individualy,and shoot with their weapons
and its 2d and like...the graphics are like 8-bit or 16-bit
Well, should have said 2D from the start :p

Cortex Command? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/cortex-command/3030-23230/images/ )

ONYXFINALSHOT

Apr 22, 2014
Hey, I'm looking for a game that i played the demo for on the PlayStation 2, I must of played it 30 times ina row but i cant remember the name.

I searched through the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo List but i couldn't find it so I'm assuming I got the disc from a competing magazine of some sort.

The game was set in 3rd person view and the demo began in an alleyway where you and a few other freedom fighters moved through the city killing other enemy humans completing objectives (Freedom Fighters vs. the Army). If I remember correctly one objective was to blow up a gas station for some reason. You had Molotov Cocktails you could throw and that's about all I can remember as well as standard based weaponry like rifles and such. Im thinking around 2006-2008/9. The graphics were very good for the era and nothing like the original splinter cell type.

I remember being an impressionable child this game being totally bad ass and its not from what I can tell Freedom Figher the game or Gurilla Red Faction, those are in 1st Person.

Thanks for any help, I hope you wizards can help solve my mystery. Onyx.

Gethar

Apr 22, 2014
EDIT: Managed to find this one after extensive use of Mobygames. It turned out to be Robo Rumble. Not the most refined of games, but at least it tries something new for it's time.
/EDIT

Hello,

I've been wondering for a long time what this game was called. I only ever saw my friend play it, so remembering the game mechanics is a bit hard:

It's a PC RTS game released around late 90's to early 2000's. I think it was isometric. You control a robot or a team of robots that you can upgrade on the fly with machine guns, missile launchers, lasers, tracts, wheels, etc. (You choose to replace the main function of upper and lower portion of the model).

Somehow I remember as if the game played a bit like a puzzle game where you have to counter the resistance one enemy robot at a time. I think the game was tile based.

Thank you in advance for throwing your suggestions at me!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
ONYXFINALSHOT said:
Hey, I'm looking for a game that i played the demo for on the PlayStation 2, I must of played it 30 times ina row but i cant remember the name.

I searched through the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo List but i couldn't find it so I'm assuming I got the disc from a competing magazine of some sort.

The game was set in 3rd person view and the demo began in an alleyway where you and a few other freedom fighters moved through the city killing other enemy humans completing objectives (Freedom Fighters vs. the Army). If I remember correctly one objective was to blow up a gas station for some reason. You had Molotov Cocktails you could throw and that's about all I can remember as well as standard based weaponry like rifles and such. Im thinking around 2006-2008/9. The graphics were very good for the era and nothing like the original splinter cell type.

I remember being an impressionable child this game being totally bad ass and its not from what I can tell Freedom Figher the game or Gurilla Red Faction, those are in 1st Person.

Thanks for any help, I hope you wizards can help solve my mystery. Onyx.
(Freedom Fighters is not FPS, it's 3rd Person. You have Molotovs and alot of it sounds similar, but it came 2003. Still might be worth taking a closer look?)

Cloned31

Feb 11, 2014
Shit ok this has been driving me nuts.
There were two games I'm looking for.

1. PC point and click adventure and there were these celebrities from a halloween esque town (so they had names like sally spider or something like that) and you played as an investigator or something and you had to go up to the mad scientist in time before he performed his experiment on his subjects. (the celebrites)

2. Math game on PC that was in a school where you solve math problems to defeat robots and the title screen had an erries classical song playing.

Mdasi

Apr 22, 2014
I am trying to remember a game I played roughly ten years ago, it was an old computer game set underground platformer to start, I think it started with an "F" You started with your father or teacher being stabbed and you have to find who did it and you now have to make your way above ground, along the way the male character who looks sort of like a goblin in a robe has to kill things like spiders, slime, bats, and such with his dagger, there are also random spots with flames, and spikes. I am pretty sure you could dig through the ground to get to other areas but I could remember it wrong.
My dad downloaded it for me and he can't remember either. Please help!

l1cocbdd

Feb 14, 2013
I'm trying to find and download a game that i had on pc (windows 95 i think). It was a side scroller with very good graphics for its time, most likely the mid 90s. I don't remember the name, but it was an adventure with a lot of hack n slash. You could pick up all sorts of weapons from the mobs killed (swords, daggers, spears etc.) depending on the setting you were in. Each level had like a different setting, possibly a different time setting. I remember going to a Sahara setting and fighting Arab looking guys, a Greek or Rome setting, a medieval Europe setting etc. The combat mechanics were very good too, you could swing in different directions and block, and timing took practice. i think it was a one player only game. I remember it was very hard too. The mobs weren't OP in hitpoints or abilities or magic, they just were good in combat(prowess) and got harder the farther you got. Anyone know what its called and if i can get it on dosbox?

plumdaddy

Apr 23, 2014
I'm looking for a game, I played it when I was a kid, in the early 90's. It was a point and click adventure game, you traveled through time and most of it was spent in a dinosaur era, you had to eat food. You have a talking dog with you and part way through game you meet a girl who eventually betrays you at the very end. I remember there was a lot of endings, one you get eaten by velociraptors if you leave a gun in your car, another one is you get abducted aliens. Trying to remember forever what it's called, but can't remember. Thanks for the help.

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
yooooooo12 said:
Hi im looking for a game I think it was a n64 game you played as a young boy the first area was dark it was in a library or something with flying books there was a level set on a pirate ship where the pirates where the enemies and there was a level with a yellow brick road it was 2d I hope someone remembers the name of this game I hade lots of fun playing it when I was younger I also remember there was a few power ups aswell
Young boy.....N64.....2D..... Goemon's Great Adventure, perhaps?

VINCEMANIACI

Aug 24, 2012
Hey everyone

So i was very young when i played this game and dont have a whole lot of information on it.

It was a rpg/action adventure game

1.) I remember the game had pretty good graphics for its time, and was 3D. Im thinking it had to be released from either late 1997 to 2001.

2.) I believe the Game began with you having to chose a character (warrior(male), warrior(female) and not sure about the other characters. The level began with you having to run downhill (from top to bottom on the screen) avoiding stones and other things from killing you.

3.) Theres another part in the game that has you fighting some boss(maybe mini boss) over a waterfall (in what i remember to be in a more 2D stage)

if anybody has any idea about what im talking about please let me know[/quote]

winnie23

Apr 23, 2014
Hi guys, I need help identyfying the game

I think it was on Atari, on cassette anyway

You were playing a guy, in first(??) stage he had to jump like Tarzan from one tree to another, then on a second you had to dive under the water and crocodiles were attacking you...you could defend yourself with a knife and at the same time remember that your air was running out and once in a while you had to go to the surface to replenish it...and one of the stages was like going up the hill when stones were running towards you..you had to either jump over them or crawl underneath

I know the description is not very specific but I remember it must have been around 1987 -1988 when playing that...

Gethar

Apr 22, 2014
winnie23 said:

You were playing a guy, in first(??) stage he had to jump like Tarzan from one tree to another, then on a second you had to dive under the water and crocodiles were attacking you...you could defend yourself with a knife and at the same time remember that your air was running out and once in a while you had to go to the surface to replenish it...and one of the stages was like going up the hill when stones were running towards you..you had to either jump over them or crawl underneath

I know the description is not very specific but I remember it must have been around 1987 -1988 when playing that...
Sounds like Jungle Hunt for the Atari 2600 ( http://atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_JungleHunt_1.png )

winnie23

Apr 23, 2014
Gethar said:
winnie23 said:

Sounds like Jungle Hunt for the Atari 2600 ( http://atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_JungleHunt_1.png )
Yeah it seems so :)

But how to play it?? Stella will not work...

ippino

Apr 23, 2014
Hi everybody, please help me with the name of this game:

It's an old arcade game, you can find it also emulated in M.A.M.E.
You drive a motocycle and have to arrive at destination befor time is out.
Also, you need to collect GAS during the road. If you fail, the the game is over with the "EMPTY" sign blinking.
Poor grafics. There might be different bersions, because I remember the gas was either a symbol or a simple "Gas" word.

Thanks!

ippino

Apr 23, 2014
ippino said:
Hi everybody, please help me with the name of this game:

It's an old arcade game, you can find it also emulated in M.A.M.E.
You drive a motocycle and have to arrive at destination befor time is out.
Also, you need to collect GAS during the road. If you fail, the the game is over with the "EMPTY" sign blinking.
Poor grafics. There might be different bersions, because I remember the gas was either a symbol or a simple "Gas" word.

Thanks!

Rally Bike!

johntheguy

Apr 21, 2014
Doomgriever said:
johntheguy said:
dariusdetiger said:
johntheguy said:
Ok i know its a game that starts with an S but yea... it's like...in the campaingn you are a brain,ont top of a robot,and its like a sandbox shooter where like,i've seen videos that there wore waves of badies like robots and zombies and humans and you can build a fort and the terrain is destroyable!BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE FREAKING NAME!!!
How about Supreme Commander?
nope not that one beacause you are an army but you control the guys individualy,and shoot with their weapons
and its 2d and like...the graphics are like 8-bit or 16-bit
Well, should have said 2D from the start :p

Cortex Command? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/cortex-command/3030-23230/images/ )
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!

Gethar

Apr 22, 2014
Reks0 said:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a old mmorpg game. It was very easy to play, you were set in a imaginary world in the woods (then you could walk into a castle made of stone, pass through portals?), there were big insects (green big spiders I can remember) and if they approached you had to killed them by only pressing a single key. As you kill many insects your level was getting higher, you could also fight with other users. You just had to press a key to kill everything near from you. The game was online and I can't remember if you needed to register in the game. I played this game 8 years ago.
It's been a long time since I touched Dransik, but I seem to remember in the old version you only needed to press a button to automatically attack monsters near you.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/olegk20/Dransik802.jpg

gamer2222

Apr 23, 2014
This may be too vague but I'll hit the points I remember...
Looking for an online game from probably 8+ years back
I think it was based in medieval times
You have weapons to choose from and buy including axes and swords and you can sell and buy new ones and armor.
You fight a lot of rats and dopey characters as you go along. You get money and can buy items and learn spells. Eventually you start fighting more powerful characters. If you die you get the message "You wake up at your home" or something like that. You can also dig for things.