Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Cacahuette La

Apr 27, 2014
The game i am looking for was around year 2000, on PC.

It was mainly an adventure game.
You were a blond kid that had to save animals from trappers (birds that were trapped in cages) It was puzzled, as some door would only open if you solved the mystery.
The only image i found of this game was on google and i can't seem to find it anymore. We could see the blond kid next to a small wood boat.

My brother says it was a game from france as we could only speak french when we were younger..

runegic

Apr 26, 2014
Doomgriever said:
runegic said:
Planeforger said:
runegic said:
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.
That...really could be just about anything. How about Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 1, Two Worlds 2, and Divinity 2 for starters?
The starting point is during the night though.. I thought that might've narrowed down some games. And none of them is the game I'm looking for... I think there was a volcano or lava map somewhere near the middle of the game as well.. if that helps..
Die By The Sword? (there is a lava segment) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/die-by-the-sword/3030-1567/images/ )
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmP4H01oI14 )
It's something along those lines, but... Die By Sword wasn't it.. the starting point is during the night and in an open area not in a dungeon... the design and stuff is really similar to Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 except the graphic was a bit worst.

Unicorn Emperor

Apr 28, 2014
I remember playing this game maybe around 1996-1999. It was a side-scrolling shooter for the PC where IIRC you were this dude who went through these sewers and shot at greenish monsters, and there was this boss that would fly around really fast, and there was this hole that was really hard to jump past that I always died on.

And another one, around the same time, was one of those empire strategy games set in feudal Japan. Honestly can't pick up too many more details on that one.

EDIT: You also had a jetpack, I think. I found someone mentioning Halloween Harry in another thread, and it seems very similar, but it's definitely not it.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Unicorn Emperor said:
I remember playing this game maybe around 1996-1999. It was a side-scrolling shooter for the PC where IIRC you were this dude who went through these sewers and shot at greenish monsters, and there was this boss that would fly around really fast, and there was this hole that was really hard to jump past that I always died on.

And another one, around the same time, was one of those empire strategy games set in feudal Japan. Honestly can't pick up too many more details on that one.

EDIT: You also had a jetpack, I think. I found someone mentioning Halloween Harry in another thread, and it seems very similar, but it's definitely not it.
1# Well Halloween Harry is a version of Alien Carnage ( http://www.3drealms.com/carnage/images/screen2.png )

(and imo sounds very much like what you are describing )

(and if that's not it, my other suggestion would be Duke Nukem 2 (but without jetpack) http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/2593/376239-duke2_4.gif )

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Unicorn Emperor said:

#2 Battle Realms? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/battle-realms/3030-12054/images/ )

(any info on what year you played it could help)

Unicorn Emperor

Apr 28, 2014
I'm thinking it was around 2000-2007 when I played it. I know that range is pretty huge but my memory fails me.

It's not Battle realms. I think I remember the camera angle being static, like I think you could zoom in/out and scroll but that was it. It had a lot to do with placing down buildings for people to live and work and build weapons and war and stuff.

Unicorn Emperor

Apr 28, 2014
After some searching, I've concluded that #2 was Age of Empires II. I only remembered playing Chinese. After watching a video, the recall was uncanny.

Still gotta find out #1!

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
runegic said:
Doomgriever said:
runegic said:
Planeforger said:
runegic said:
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.
That...really could be just about anything. How about Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 1, Two Worlds 2, and Divinity 2 for starters?
The starting point is during the night though.. I thought that might've narrowed down some games. And none of them is the game I'm looking for... I think there was a volcano or lava map somewhere near the middle of the game as well.. if that helps..
Die By The Sword? (there is a lava segment) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/die-by-the-sword/3030-1567/images/ )
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmP4H01oI14 )
It's something along those lines, but... Die By Sword wasn't it.. the starting point is during the night and in an open area not in a dungeon... the design and stuff is really similar to Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 except the graphic was a bit worst.
Did you start on a beach?

It might be Risen.

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Cacahuette La said:
The game i am looking for was around year 2000, on PC.

It was mainly an adventure game.
You were a blond kid that had to save animals from trappers (birds that were trapped in cages) It was puzzled, as some door would only open if you solved the mystery.
The only image i found of this game was on google and i can't seem to find it anymore. We could see the blond kid next to a small wood boat.

My brother says it was a game from france as we could only speak french when we were younger..
If you still have/had the image on hand, you would have been able to use Google's drag and drop image search to help answer your query.

Pointless tidbit aside, anything else you can provide about the game? Was it 2D, 3D, Isometric?

For the sake of bothering to quote you, I will guess Heart of Darkness as it's the only game I can think of off-hand that fits your timeframe, had puzzle segments & stars a kid (not blond but could easily have been mistaken if going by memory), was available on PC and came from a French developer.

( http://www.giantbomb.com/heart-of-darkness/3030-758/images/ )

The details about the animals and trappers though makes me uncertain.

Mafass

Apr 28, 2014
Hi everyone, great thread btw!! Just created an account to see if anyone can help me with this ;___;

So it's a game from around 1998, a car racing game, I remember the cd-rom was grey and white, it had several characters that were themed, and that we could choose from, for example there was a light blue car that belonged to an old lady, there was a blue and red one that belonged to a mad scientist, then there was a yellow one with big wheels that belonged to a black man with dreadlocks.

For more references I remember there were different racing maps, one had an Ocean theme and I remember there was a tunnel in which the entrance was a shark's mouth, there was also a city with big buildings and light.

I somehow think the name of the game had the word "wreck" or "wack" in it, but this might be totally wrong.

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks so much in advance

Alec Simmons

Apr 28, 2014
I used to play a game on the PC. It was a 3rd person cop game. Where you played as a female cop and you had to go around and stop crimes. It was kinda like GTA style where all the events were there you had to go around and find em' and I remember there was one mission where you went into a club and had to kill some people on the dance floor! The movement was like the old tomb raider! That's going to bug me now for ages. You could drive the vehicles but the vehicles were hard to drive! And I remember when you first started you had to go through a driving tutorial as well as climbing and how the missions panned out!

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Alec Simmons said:
I used to play a game on the PC. It was a 3rd person cop game. Where you played as a female cop and you had to go around and stop crimes. It was kinda like GTA style where all the events were there you had to go around and find em' and I remember there was one mission where you went into a club and had to kill some people on the dance floor! The movement was like the old tomb raider! That's going to bug me now for ages. You could drive the vehicles but the vehicles were hard to drive!
Urban Chaos? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/urban-chaos/3030-15032/images/ )

Alec Simmons

Apr 28, 2014
Redrow said:
Alec Simmons said:
I used to play a game on the PC. It was a 3rd person cop game. Where you played as a female cop and you had to go around and stop crimes. It was kinda like GTA style where all the events were there you had to go around and find em' and I remember there was one mission where you went into a club and had to kill some people on the dance floor! The movement was like the old tomb raider! That's going to bug me now for ages. You could drive the vehicles but the vehicles were hard to drive!
OMG YES! THANK YOU!!!!

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Alec Simmons said:
Redrow said:
Alec Simmons said:
OMG YES! THANK YOU!!!!
No problem :3 Owned that on PS1, and loved it at the time.

Mafass

Apr 28, 2014
Mafass said:
Hi everyone, great thread btw!! Just created an account to see if anyone can help me with this ;___;

So it's a game from around 1998, a car racing game, I remember the cd-rom was grey and white, it had several characters that were themed, and that we could choose from, for example there was a light blue car that belonged to an old lady, there was a blue and red one that belonged to a mad scientist, then there was a yellow one with big wheels that belonged to a black man with dreadlocks.

For more references I remember there were different racing maps, one had an Ocean theme and I remember there was a tunnel in which the entrance was a shark's mouth, there was also a city with big buildings and light.

I somehow think the name of the game had the word "wreck" or "wack" in it, but this might be totally wrong.

I JUST FOUND IT! IT'S WRECKING CREW!!

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Mafass said:
Mafass said:

I JUST FOUND IT! IT'S WRECKING CREW!!
Isn't it just THAT much better when you find it out yourself?

Glad you figured it out.

Joe Nelson

Apr 28, 2014
Ok so this is quite vague,

I must've been about 9, so im thinking around 1997/8, it was on the PC and it was a bit like a farm, where you had cows and other animals, but then it turned to night time and wolves and bird things came and ate and killed your animals, and you had to build defenses to stop them getting your farm, and you could go exploring to find things too.

I'll be very shocked if anyone knows what this was, lol.

Cloned31

Feb 11, 2014
TinariKao said:
I figured I'd be smart and just keep a text pad open with all my answers so I wouldn't keep replying to a billion things.

HerbinLegend said:
My memory of this game is very vague but this is what I remember:

mid to late 90s pc puzzle game
you could create and dissolve blocks but only directly next to you or diagonally down next to you
i believe the goal was to get to the portal to advance to the next level
i seem to remember the character wearing a purplish color robe
background may have been black with stars
This sounds like Solomon's Key but that's a green robe. Not sure.

DevilsEdge said:
Hi There

I'm looking for a Football manager type game I used to play with my mates, my internet searches have proved fruitless - so many games none seem to fit the bill from what I can recall either PC Game or more likely Amiga

it was in the early 90's, you could play as any team from prem to div 3 (although may have been div 1 to 4, that is a bit hazy), you could have at least 4 players (3 of us used to manage a team each), you started in the division your team was in (so if you picked Man Utd, they would be in top flight)

Skills on players ranked from 1 up to 10, I remember players like Koeman, vanbasten and Gullit were options you could buy on the transfer market, you were also limited to 5 "foreign" players in your squad and you didn't have to watch the games, you could just get the results after every game, not much to go on i'm sorry but hopefully it will jog a few memories?!

Cheers, Edge.
Have you checked Sensible Soccer?

imyourerror said:
Hey, so I recently remembered a really old game I played on windows 98 or 95.. I really don't know.
Basically it was ping pong type game. At the start of the game some guy shows up and his head is cut off and then you bounce it from one side to the other while the head skins off and skull is all that remains.
Can't remember any more details.

Maybe you can direct me to some lists I could look through.?
Haven't had any luck so far..

Too long; didn't read:
Violent/bloody ping pong with a head ~win95-98
Look up Noggin Knockers X

Cloned31 said:
Shit ok this has been driving me nuts.
There were two games I'm looking for.

1. PC point and click adventure and there were these celebrities from a halloween esque town (so they had names like sally spider or something like that) and you played as an investigator or something and you had to go up to the mad scientist in time before he performed his experiment on his subjects. (the celebrites)

2. Math game on PC that was in a school where you solve math problems to defeat robots and the title screen had an erries classical song playing.
Not sure about the first one... sally spider... hrm... stab in the dark here... Elvira: Mistress of the Dark?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira:_Mistress_of_the_Dark

For number two, check OutNumbered!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OutNumbered!
1. It was more pantomime and was a mystery point and click

2. OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! NOSTALGIA SATISFIED!