Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

writejer1975

May 23, 2014
writejer1975 said:
Hi,

Can anyone remember an old playstation puzzle game wherein a target rock (or boulder) is pushed to its designated position? There are many rocks that you can move to place the target rock to the target position.
hello..would appreciate it if somebody remembers..thanks

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Gabriel Fenech said:
There's this old Mac Game either from the late 1990s or early 2000s, which was basically killing waves of different insects (bees, beetles and the sort) - as added info, I remember that these bugs all left different colours of blood once killed. Also if I remember correctly it was not a 3D game.

Really bugging me that I can't remember! Pun intended haha

EDIT : I'm not sure if there was the word Bumble included in the game name!
It's bugging you... hmmm... maybe... Bugdom :D

This game was in a bundle whit some iMac's end eMac's back than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugdom

Olette

May 28, 2014
Hello, I found this thread about two years ago, and I'm so happy it's still alive! I'd really appreciate help finding a couple of really old and I think not so well known games. Actually I wish to ask about many many games, but for now i'll only describe 3. Since i'm not very good with explaining things, I have drawn small doodles to help visualize what i'm talking about

1. http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/3/d/1_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xw.png
It was a strange arcade game I had on a very very very old Laptop with Windows 98 installed to it. You played as a little blue and white striped ball who would have to "ride" through a maze of sorts, that was checkered dark red and black. I think once you made it go in one direction it could not stop until it hit a wall, so it was sort of a think before you act kind of game, and I'm sure there had to be walls scattered about the field and other obstacles which would be your inevitable demise if you ran into them. I'm not sure the electric generator-like things were around the edges, but I remember the game was pretty difficult for me (at least at the age I was in) and I was afraid to run into the walls at the very edges of the field, so they were probably dangerous.

2. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/c/a/2_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xs.png
Another sort of Arcade game, I think I played it at the very same Laptop with Win98. It was a cartoon-y game that was like a puzzle. You had to flip the squares (within each was drawn a fragment of a rope), and it had to make at least one rope path that lead from the left top corner to the right bottom corner. It was a sort of Firework-y Game and I'm sure the point was to make sure the fire at the rope's one end reached something that would make more firefworks, aaand there was a Chinese dragon sitting at the top left corner, most certainly blue, but I don't remember very well how exactly it looked, so I drew it a little improvised...

3. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/1/c/3_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xl.png
This one was probably for a console, maybe a Sega or even something like Nintendo 64. It was very crudely drawn, I mean the game itself. Almost exactly how I drew it in the image above.
The game was a platformer where you played as a Penguin and had to rescue little Chicks scattered across the screen. There were throwable objects in each level too (the "T"s in my image) which you could use to defend against... cats? I think that was the enemy in the first levels or maybe even all of them, I'm not sure. As soon as you approached a chick it would start to follow you and you had to pass the blue portal to make the chicks go home, probably, and you earned score for that. I know very well that there were chicks with sunglasses in levels very often ´w` I love that detail. The game resembles a lot a more modern game called Granny in Paradise, which sadly is kind of hard to find a full version of, but it pretty much has this little penguin game as it's main predecessor in terms of gameplay.

patrik347

May 28, 2014
Hey guys, I remember a old game for pc where you could control little I think yellow guys. You needed to save them or something by building tools in a little shed. Most levels are on some kind of island. And its not Lemmings or Zoomings.
it was like from birds view camera with rts/puzzle elements. That is all I remember aand yea, I think you had to gather resources iam not sure.

Gabriel Fenech

May 28, 2014
Roman78 said:
Gabriel Fenech said:
There's this old Mac Game either from the late 1990s or early 2000s, which was basically killing waves of different insects (bees, beetles and the sort) - as added info, I remember that these bugs all left different colours of blood once killed. Also if I remember correctly it was not a 3D game.

Actually, after searching through old stuff in my home storage, the first CD I picked up from 1997 happened to have the game I was speaking about as a Demo! It's called Bumbler, but I can't seem to find an available download for it :(

Olette

May 28, 2014
Roman78 said:
Olysea said:
The first one sounds like Rock 'n Roll, but i doubt it was for wibndows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_%27n%27_Roll_%28video_game%29
I was about to say you're spot on based on the description from the wiki, but viewing the gameplay I luckily found just now showed it's very different from what I remember umu' so that's sadly not it. Thanks so much for the reply though! I appreciate it!

etnavningenhar

Sep 28, 2012
kovy123 said:
I remember playing this old computer game back in the 90s but the game could have been created much earlier. It was alongside Commander Keen and Oregon Trail if that helps. The setting was in a jungle and I believe what happens is your plane crashes and natives steal your girlfriend (not 100% sure). You play as a man in a kind of safari outfit. it was a text based game and you could also walk around and point and click on items too. I recall walking to the left and seeing an item that I always thought looked like a LOG but it was actually a SCROLL. And you would type in PICK UP SCROLL and your character would pick up the scroll. Also there was a VINE and you had to type in SWING ON VINE to cross over a large gap. I think also you might pick up a piece of meat. So once you've collected all the things you can collect you have no choice but to go back to the right and talk to the native villagers and for some reason they put you in JAIL and if I remember correctly the natives are boiling water and telling you they are going to cook you. Your character is now locked in a cell and the only other person in the room is a GUARD. You can speak to the guard and use items but I never figured out how to get past this part. I was only a little kid when I played this game and well I can't remember the name and it's bugging the crap outta me. Does anyone recall playing a game similar to this?
This sounds like Hugo 3 - Jungle of Doom. Here's an image from where I think you went to jail:

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Gabriel Fenech said:
Roman78 said:
Gabriel Fenech said:

Actually, after searching through old stuff in my home storage, the first CD I picked up from 1997 happened to have the game I was speaking about as a Demo! It's called Bumbler, but I can't seem to find an available download for it :(
Maybe search for "Bumbler Bee" instead. At least that what I found.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/bumbler-bee-luxe

But when you have it, why you need to download it? Unfortunately this is a Classic OS game so it won't run on new mac's after OSX 10.7. Can't find what the minimum OS version required, if it's possible to run on OS 8.1 you could run it whit Basilisk II http://basilisk.cebix.net/

gamerchick192

May 28, 2014
Hey everyone! I'm trying to figure out the name of an olddd game...
I have no clue if it was for Nintendo or sega. In the game you were in some sor of building and you could turn into some weird robot spider thing. The game was an over head view...
Help! Please and thanks :)

killazko

May 28, 2014
Hi i need help. I was playing this game when i was 6-8 maybe it was a space 3d shooter when you and your crew ship was abducted by larger one, you were looking for survivors on the ship that captured yours and teleport them to yours for additional information from them - you were fighting with some alien silver blue women aliens and gigant robots in hangar bays or flying bugs. There were characters you could choose to play - each with different missions (one on a ship one in a tunnels - finding elevator) and eq. You could find magnetic shield (called shield emitter) and there was some kind of glowing rock...Character's were 2 men (one bald i think and one brown haired guy) and women in red suit Graphics were good as i recall... Could you help me find it? i have searched for it for soo long (its a pc game) - in tutorial section you were jumping and meeting some kind of doctor at the end.... sorry i don't remember much :( it was looking simillar to ME in design and i remember that characters had an pda on them

Jeremy Lash

May 2, 2011
Hi All,

I've been wracking my brains on this one. It's a game I remember playing the demo of during school. So, here's what I can remember:

1) A space strategy game, but played from a "side on" perspective (It was 2d)
2) You controlled a "mothership" which looked like a flying dome
3) The maps were not big open areas, they were maze like "tunnels"
4) You advanced by building static structures
5) The objective was always to kill the other mothership / builder
6) Enemies weren't asymmetrical - just different colours.

Pretty much all I can remember at this stage! The year was 1997 / 1998 - Starcraft was just about to be released so I don't think this game exactly hit the mainstream side of things!

Gabriel Fenech

May 28, 2014
Roman78 said:
Gabriel Fenech said:
Roman78 said:
Gabriel Fenech said:

Maybe search for "Bumbler Bee" instead. At least that what I found.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/bumbler-bee-luxe

But when you have it, why you need to download it? Unfortunately this is a Classic OS game so it won't run on new mac's after OSX 10.7. Can't find what the minimum OS version required, if it's possible to run on OS 8.1 you could run it whit Basilisk II http://basilisk.cebix.net/
Because it doesn't run on Mavericks and unfortunately it's just a Demo :/
Too bad really wanted to dig up some childhood memories and finally find a full version and maybe finish the game haha

clash caves

May 28, 2014
HI! FUNNY THING, I WAS ALSO LOOKING FOR THAT GAME A FEW DAYS AGO... I REMEMBERED THE NAME, "THE HOOK-UP"
BUT IM AFRAID IT DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE :(
ANYWAYS, I HOPE IT WAS HELPFUL!! :)

aetherna said:
Okay, so I'm trying to find an older browser game. It was really well done in my opinion. It used to be on addictinggames before the nickelodeon takeover, I think around 2005. I don't know if it was downloadable.

The premise of the game is that it's a very engaging, realistic, and complex 'dating game' type. You go into a town and meet Sarah, a worker in the Coffee Bean (I think that's the name of the coffee shop) and she's a lesbian. There are quite a few other characters, some you can date and some you can't) including a guy named Matthew who if you play as a female (I'm not sure if that's the only option) you call a horn dog in the library where you meet him.

There are a lot of 'conflict' moments where you have to talk people down from emotional moments, and you legitimately learn a lot about the people around you in the game, and it's very interesting. There are TONS of endings. The town is pretty much open, it's 2-D, with a tattoo parlour, a restaurant, the coffee shop, the library, the cinema, an art gallery...

If anyone knows a game like this and/or where it can be found, please let me know right away! I've been hunting for it almost since the nick took over addictinggames and I can't remember it :(

Thanks for creating this thread by the way.

Nermin

May 28, 2014
hi, new to this forum wich i stumbled across when searching for a old game and this seems like the place to get help.

the game was for ps1 and i believe it was a adventure game. You would start the game by waking up in your bed in a small town. you do some quests which leads you to finding this pink dragon i think it was which you then take care of and lvl up etc. the guy you are playing is wearing a knights armor and the combat is turned based, i also believe the last boss was some big black monster with many tentacles. would love to find out what the game is named.

Bruno Senra

May 19, 2014
Bruno Senra said:
I used to play this PC game on a "1000 games" CD I had as a kid (from PCGamer I think?), so it's old (but not too much, '90s? 16 bits era looking I believe) and 2-D and small. Here's all I can remember of it: You'd play as wizards in a platformer, your point was to save some children and there was co-op option (different colored little wizards? unsure if 2 players or up to 4). The mood of the game was pretty somber and gory, you could die from spikes and such (I think there were giant boulders or something like that too), and instead of focusing on action it was pretty puzzle based (there were enemies, tho), you'd have to press levers to activate mechanisms and find colored keys to open same colored doors and etc., so you could find your way through the maze and reach the end of the level.

I guess that's all I can remember, here's hoping it's not too obscure a game, hehe. Thanks!
Bump because I really wanna find this and I've searched a lot but got nothing. Hope it's not some indie forgotten game.

DanTheMan0306

May 29, 2014
Hey guys! There is this game that I've being searching relentlessly through the internet for and found my way here, unfortunately I don't remember too much of the game but I'll tell you as much as I can! (Not completely sure but I think it was either on ps1 or ps2) Basically, It's more of a multiplayer arcade sort of game. You'd pick a character (these being different animals/beasts of sorts [I do remember one was a unicorn type thing]) and you'd play on this sort of checkers-game-like field, as in you can only move your player one space at a time and there were different biome sort of areas (I remember grass was one)and when you and another player landed on the same space, you'd fight. The winner would have a winning sort of animation and I remember one of the animations was the beast-like thing would pull out a net with a human in it and bring it towards his mouth as if he would eat it. That's really all I can remember besides this game being out for quite a few years now! Thanks a bunch, hope you have better luck than I have! (Ps: I also believe you had multiple lives/game pieces/characters/players able to be used [aka not one life, more than one piece])

Oroc

May 29, 2014
Hello, I remember playing a game where you were a boy with some sort of glove, I want to say the glove had a blue gem thing on the top, that held different things that you would collect and bring back to the village that you lived in. The glove could hold a lot of different things, the thing I remember the most were building. I'm pretty sure it was for the N64 but I could be wrong. Sorry if that's not much to go off of but that's all I can remember.

Zerodyme87

May 18, 2014
bumped for science!

Zerodyme87 said:
Ok, i am new here and i dont know if anyone already posted this.

it is a ps1 title, i dont know the year.

the opening cinematic shows you in first person view being toted through what looks like a hospital of sorts. and then these two tack-looking things go in your eyes and then the game starts. you are some sort of vehicle and the first level was a circus type level. there was a bouncing ball somewhere on it and to get through each level you had to get these large white orbs. there were weapons scattered around the level and it was all open ended too. you could also pick up these polygon-like shapes around the level and they followed behind your ship and i think they increased your health. sometimes you can get knocked out of the walls in each world and on the outside you can drive around but there were these u-turn signs that if you touched them they will throw you back into the level. this has been stumping me for years....