Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

randaeltor

May 4, 2013
hey guys.. i saw this post by random and thought " why dont ask around ". Im searching since several years for a specific game , its an RTS (seems tobe very little known) and i just cant find it whatever i do... i remember playing it on my old windows 95 computer with 400 mhz together with thief 1 etc. . It was a bit smiliar to starcraft , but with 4 factions, some insect thingies, robotic ones and two others,sadly cant remember them... they were good in different things like trading, military etc. asmuch as i remember.... . There were different terrains, mars like, dark and such a blueish icky stuff in one level with vulcanos on two sides i think? ( might be wrong though). Asmuch as i remember there was the possibilitie to trade with other players too using a special unit (most likely some car-tank unit thingieand i think a trading post...). You could build a base and units and stuff ( who would have thought lol). The choosing screen for a race was split into 4 pieces with every race being on one side of the screen. I think there was somekind of prophet race aswell im not sure... If any1 can tellme what game this was that really would make my day... it aint dune 3 or stuff ive already checked all of them ( they arent actually smiliar, but the graphics should be around the same time... might be wrong, or smiliarish to starcraft).

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
mkim1224 said:
hey! i'm trying to remember a game that i played on the computer about 10 years ago. The point of the game was to advance through the levels and you could only move side to side. There were different heroes or characters you could play with (with more you could unlock somehow) and i remember one character being named frost i think. he was dressed in some purplish blue costume and had whiteish spiky hair. there were boxes that you could pick up and throw and he specifically could create an ice sword or throw tornadoes at people i believe. it kinda looked like an asian game with some sort of influence through manga possibly. any help would be great
Little Fighter 2

Quequep

May 4, 2013
I remember playing a game on ps2 i think. You start off as a dog in the Middle Ages (old time villages not dog years) you are in this house and i forget if you start off with clothes but you are wearings these potato bag clothes. you have a wooden sword at some point. You have to make your way to the village castle fighting with that sword i until you can get a real one. You can play some of the carnival games they had. In the kingdoms backyard you had like some kind of obstacle. You could break barrels too.i can't remember much even though I played it every single day. I know at some point the whole theme switches to you being a female creature (not sure what she was) and your in this beautiful girly like kingdom and when you go through the doors on the right your in the kingdoms huge library. You use to buy potions from this stand outside the kingdom. Anyway I remember when the kingdom was in danger it started to vanish and you had to go down the endless stairwell to make it out it took a while if you didn't have any yellow potions that made you run fast. That's all I remember please somebody help me it would mean the world ID LOVE YOU <3 FOREVER IF YOU COULD TELL ME THAT GAME

PrinceNikos13

May 4, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'd like to ask if any of you remember a games tittle i used to play back about 13-14 years ago. I don't clearly remember it back the things i do remember are: 1st of all it was a puzzle-strategy game. with graphic style (if i remember correctly) as C&C 95. The main game was that there were 2 or more islands up in the sky and some points around them that its one could give you some points (like money or gems) which you could spend to build weapons and infantry if i remember right. You could only get to this points with roads that when pre-given to you on a bar at the bottom. And your objective was to take the points with the roads to increase your resources and destroy your enemy's base in the other island. I know that I'm not really clear on the game but those are all the things i remember so if anyone could help me I would be so happy...

Thank you all in advance.

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
PrinceNikos13 said:
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'd like to ask if any of you remember a games tittle i used to play back about 13-14 years ago. I don't clearly remember it back the things i do remember are: 1st of all it was a puzzle-strategy game. with graphic style (if i remember correctly) as C&C 95. The main game was that there were 2 or more islands up in the sky and some points around them that its one could give you some points (like money or gems) which you could spend to build weapons and infantry if i remember right. You could only get to this points with roads that when pre-given to you on a bar at the bottom. And your objective was to take the points with the roads to increase your resources and destroy your enemy's base in the other island. I know that I'm not really clear on the game but those are all the things i remember so if anyone could help me I would be so happy...

Thank you all in advance.
Pretty sure that's Netstorm: Islands at War. Fantastic game...

chrisu999

May 1, 2013
chrisu999 said:
chrisu999 said:
Hey, I've forgotten about an RPG from the PC. If I remember correctly the first level was about a siege or something.

In the character's screen you had the possibility to equip the items collected from the missions(it was not an open world RPG). Also I remember there was a particular mission where I was taken in an island and the inhabitants of that island were looking exactly as the ancient Romans. Also I remember equipping a Roman shield.

The final level was about assaulting a castle where some skeletons fired arrows from the front gates.
Bumping this, and also I have to add that the whole game isn't inspired by the Roman culture, only that particular stage of the game.
Bumpy, bump. Also I remembered that the game's name starts with the letter 'B'

vinceclipse

May 4, 2013
I can't remember exactly how many years it has been since I played this game, it was either in the first few years of the 2000's or it was a 90's game.

anyway that game was some kind of competitive turn based strategy, a-lot like Worms, except you only control 1 space ship thing and you weren't able to fly but more hop from planet to planet and launch awesome weapons at your enemies utilizing the planets gravity to manipulate the trajectory of your attack, the planets were completely destructible using the good old pixel terrain destruction system. That's all I can clearly remember about the game there was some kind of hot seat system and you could face 8 or more opponents and you could change ships but I don't remember if it mattered other than cosmetically.

calvinhj

May 4, 2013
I am looking for an old Mac game from 1999-2001. It was a first person shooter, but the character (the operator) is inside a Robot on another planet, shooting things up. Can't remember it to save my life. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

miller255

May 12, 2011
Hey guys, I cant remember the name of game. It was an old RTS (maybe mid to late 90s) and you could customize the units from the only the main menu (such as chassis and types of wheels and weapons. There was no buildings only units. A couple units where support ones like weapons and shields but other than that they all had weapons. All the units came from a main movable mother-ship that looked kinda like a cat and it had to be over a mound that was white and would have blue glowing crystal type things in it. Certain units could do certain things, like hover ones could go over land, but were slower. treaded ones could go overs this bumpy gravel and ones with wheels where the quickests but could really go over anything but smooth ground. Thanks

ellivieve

May 5, 2013
Looking for the name of a game I played in 1995 on a school computer. It was some sort of fantasy, medieval rpg that took place in an animal kingdom. I seem to remember the main character being some sort of cat/raccoon or something and that other animals joined the party. It was a quest completion game with an overhead view kind of like in diablo.
Appreciate ANY help! Thanks.

rorororo

May 5, 2013
Hello, there's this game I played in the late '90s, maybe early '00, a racing game for PC. The quirk was that it had cows that blew up, literally, up in the sky if you knocked them with your car. Other than that it was a usual 3D racing game. Any help, maybe?

aaron1a12

May 5, 2013
Hey, I'm desperately trying to find an old top-view game from the late 1990s to early 2000s. All I can remember was that it featured little dwarf soldiers that you could control to shoot fireballs at some monsters. You could control other characters as well, but I only remember the dwarf grenadiers (or archers). Ring a bell?

nejcmusic

Dec 1, 2009
rorororo said:
Hello, there's this game I played in the late '90s, maybe early '00, a racing game for PC. The quirk was that it had cows that blew up, literally, up in the sky if you knocked them with your car. Other than that it was a usual 3D racing game. Any help, maybe?
Carmageddon?

adr1x

May 2, 2013
adr1x said:
Hello guys, I have registered on this forum basically for you to remind the name of the game I am looking for. So here I go.

I have played this game on Windows 95. It was 2D game. You could play alone or with friend on the same pc. You were controlling two builders (engineer prob) they were green and blue. One was with helmet(yellow probbably with a plus on it) the other was with scarf on the head (white or green) or smth. . What you did there is you were running around and building walls (from three times / or Painting walls, not sure), enemies could destroy that. The color of the wall was depended on who painted it (green/blue). You could use ranged attacks to kill enemies (throwing something similar like drops, or semen?). You were climbing levels and on the top of the level were bosses. The background looked like skyscrappers or smth. There were probbably four floors to build walls in each level.

I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT GAME, IT WAS AWESOME, SO MUCH TIME SPENT. PLS REMIND THE NAME. LOVE YOU kk tnx bay.
Bump, still looking for the game :(

DonkeyHead

May 5, 2013
The game I'm looking for is a PS2 Action RPG. You started out as a labrat, and after some weird experiment you broke out. The whole game (well as far as I got) was inside the lab complex. I recall having to find keys to proceed. I think battles were real time, although I'm not sure. It was a really dark atmosphere. Anyways, I want to say that "Psy" was in the name, but it must not be, because I'm having a hell of a time finding it. I'm sure that the experiments were of a psychic nature, resulting in the character gaining telekinesis/lighting. I think the main character was an androgynous youth with white hair.

Thanks.

Prisacariu Dan

May 5, 2013
I really need help with one pc game..
I think it was between 2003-2006..As i remember,you started in a prison and next to your cell there was another with a man in it.
You talk with the man,and then you get a stick or something and escape.You were guarded by some strange creature ... Orc i think..
After that (Maybe after 1 or 2 chapters),you get to a Spider's nest or catacombs..(Did i spell that right?)
It somehow remind me of Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic but that is not it..
Please help me..
([email protected])

randaeltor

May 4, 2013
Prisacariu Dan said:
I really need help with one pc game..
I think it was between 2003-2006..As i remember,you started in a prison and next to your cell there was another with a man in it.
You talk with the man,and then you get a stick or something and escape.You were guarded by some strange creature ... Orc i think..
After that (Maybe after 1 or 2 chapters),you get to a Spider's nest or catacombs..(Did i spell that right?)
It somehow remind me of Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic but that is not it..
Please help me..
([email protected])
Your searching for the game - arx fatalis - am shaggar !

DonkeyHead said:
The game I'm looking for is a PS2 Action RPG. You started out as a labrat, and after some weird experiment you broke out. The whole game (well as far as I got) was inside the lab complex. I recall having to find keys to proceed. I think battles were real time, although I'm not sure. It was a really dark atmosphere. Anyways, I want to say that "Psy" was in the name, but it must not be, because I'm having a hell of a time finding it. I'm sure that the experiments were of a psychic nature, resulting in the character gaining telekinesis/lighting. I think the main character was an androgynous youth with white hair.

Thanks.
I think you mean the game - second sight -

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gOJvq-1lPRA/Tmd2e4SWqCI/AAAAAAAAJNw/9Gea8iC5Lzg/s1600/secondsight-01.jpg

it was extremely easy to find via google though, if its the game your searching for.

randaeltor said:
hey guys.. i saw this post by random and thought " why dont ask around ". Im searching since several years for a specific game , its an RTS (seems tobe very little known) and i just cant find it whatever i do... i remember playing it on my old windows 95 computer with 400 mhz together with thief 1 etc. . It was a bit smiliar to starcraft , but with 4 factions, some insect thingies, robotic ones and two others,sadly cant remember them... they were good in different things like trading, military etc. asmuch as i remember.... . There were different terrains, mars like, dark and such a blueish icky stuff in one level with vulcanos on two sides i think? ( might be wrong though). Asmuch as i remember there was the possibilitie to trade with other players too using a special unit (most likely some car-tank unit thingieand i think a trading post...). You could build a base and units and stuff ( who would have thought lol). The choosing screen for a race was split into 4 pieces with every race being on one side of the screen. I think there was somekind of prophet race aswell im not sure... If any1 can tellme what game this was that really would make my day... it aint dune 3 or stuff ive already checked all of them ( they arent actually smiliar, but the graphics should be around the same time... might be wrong, or smiliarish to starcraft).
BUMP!

victorigp

Apr 22, 2013
Hi! (sorry for my english)

This is a hard one:

- It's an board PC game and I remember playing it in the end of the 90s, but it might have been early 2000 or something.
- I played the demo version witch it was included in a pc magazine (PC Mania, Hot Shareware, CD Shareware, etc.)
- I played it in window mode, so the game runs in Windows 95.
- The game it's like a board game, you select a player (remember a player in a airplane) and (maybe) roll the dice and you walked X squares.
- I played it with my brother, so I think that we can select 2 players
- Good graphics (windows 95)
- Current/Present-day setting
- (unsure) Each player with a different conveyance (airplane, train, car, etc.)
- (unsure) Is not a pc version of an classic board game (monopoly, game of life, etc.)
- (unsure) Side/lateral perspective
- (unsure) the board was like world map (or similar), with the seas (I remember a lot of blue color, so I think it was the seas).

I've searched on google for a long time and... nothing.

Thanks!

lion-shark

May 5, 2013
3 years ago i found a pretty nice game. it was a kinda online robo shooting rpg. you had diffrent robos to choose and pretty cool maps. u could buy any parts for your robo, but u had to care your robo becoming too heavy. some robos were able fly longer, some had more resistence to damage and some just dealed more dmg. pretty nice game. when i saw this thread i started searching, but couldn't find it :/