Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Crazyrice Bro

May 6, 2013
im looking for a pc game that came out during the mid-2000's. it was a WWII game that had mechas in it. i didnt play the game but i remember seeing the game at a store with a cover art of German soldiers and in the background where airships and mechas with the nazi symbols.

Jd8531

May 6, 2013
Im looking for an old educational game from the 90's to 2000s that had you at a school where you had various things you could do like cook food with an octopus and you had to figure out the right measurements and then you could go in the cafeteria and spell with the alphabet soup or pick the right amount of change to get the apple juice out of a machine.

EDIT: Its Jump Start 1st grade

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
Zoju said:
This might be the first game I can remember playing, (when I was 4 or 5 or so) but I have no idea what it is called or how I could find it.

What I remember from it:
It was a first-person shooter for the PC or the C64 released before 1997 or so (I'm 20 now, so this is an estimated date). On the title screen, I remember an Indiana Jones-like character jumping over a crevice full of lava while enemies from the game look at him from the shadows.
I remember the gameplay was about finding pearls (and maybe relics of some kind) in dark caves and ruins, not falling into lava, and avoiding enemies like giant white rats, tiki-masked tribesmen, maybe snakes and giant scorpions. I'm not sure what weapons the character had, maybe a revolver. I remember I could do the first few levels collecting pearls, then in the new levels, there were these tiki-masked tribesmen and that's where I died. That's all I remember.

As said, this was one of the first games I played so maybe I'm not remembering all of these correctly, but I'd really like to know what it was called.
That's probably one of the Montezuma's Revenge games. Panama Joe was always drawn like Indiana Jones... And hey, Montezuma's Return is an FPS.

Niklas Suutari

May 6, 2013
The game i am trying to find is a space shooter that scrolls from left to right your spaceship is black and if you play 2 player mode the player 2 ship is white. The version i played was propably a demo and it ended with a boss fight of a giant blue alien thing that had its brain exposed if i remember correctly. At the end of every level there was a boss to fight and if you kill the boss you get its weapon one weapon shot what looked like a sound wave. The version that i played was on a disc that had many other space shooters and one of the others was raptor call of shadows.

Zoju

May 5, 2013
YES! It was Montezuma's Return! I miscalculated the release date with a year, but I was pretty accurate about the cover art. I probably played it on our PC, then. I probably didn't play it again because the computer with Windows was my dad's and he got rid of it later, and we kids had the C64 with Norton Commander and DOS.

Thanks a lot!

chrisu999

May 1, 2013
chrisu999 said:
chrisu999 said:
chrisu999 said:
Hey, I've forgotten about an RPG from the PC. If I remember correctly the first level was about a siege or something.

In the character's screen you had the possibility to equip the items collected from the missions(it was not an open world RPG). Also I remember there was a particular mission where I was taken in an island and the inhabitants of that island were looking exactly as the ancient Romans. Also I remember equipping a Roman shield.

The final level was about assaulting a castle where some skeletons fired arrows from the front gates.
Bumping this, and also I have to add that the whole game isn't inspired by the Roman culture, only that particular stage of the game.
Bumpy, bump. Also I remembered that the game's name starts with the letter 'B'

Daniel Colwell

May 6, 2013
Ok I'm Stumped. The name of this game has been on the tip of my mind forever. It was a science fiction kids computer game from the late 80s-early 90s, where you were a spaceman who crashes his ship on a planet, it was a platformer I believe. There were these red bouncing enemies that you had to shoot and get past. Ringing a bell for anyone?

zipo46

May 6, 2013
Hi all,
i am looking for a strategy pc game that came out around 2000, I bought the CD maybe around 2002 or 2003 (i forgot), it includes emperor the battle for dune , the italian jobs , fishing games ( maybe adventure ) ,space ship games, and this strategy games.

-it about 2 nation , red is an primitive and blue is look like colombus or napoleon wearing blue sailor uniform.
-you can build a hut, if you inserting woman first and then a man into that hut, after a while there will be a child going out from the hut and they will grow to another worker . but the child is very vulnerable ,if the enemy take it(just close to it), it will be an enemy child and will grow into an enemey worker.
-you can mining 2 type ore i think ( red and silver maybe), also you can choping tree.
-you can make an airship, i think just 1 type of airship each nation , if you have the primitive worker, you can build an airship ballon that have a wing, with a bow as weapon look like a bird. on the other hand if you have the blue worker , you can build a helicopter with a gun as weapon.
- you can make an archer, samurai archer , close combat ( i forgot the name ) .
- i forgot if you can make a ship or not XD.
- i think its 2.5D not 3D (maybe ..., i forgot XD)

i have been looking for it in google but i didn't find it.

nejcmusic

Dec 1, 2009
nejcmusic said:
ok this is a hard one

1. old top down racer
2. the graphics style is cartoonish but dark looks a little like this ( http://toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/IMG_0075.png ) but smoother not so pixelated
3. you drive small hot rod type cars
4. you can upgrade your car
5. the tracks are mostly off-road
6. i think you can see the full track as you ride but i'm not shure
bump still searching

May 6, 2013
Hey guys! First of all, I'm sorry if this one has already been asked and answered, but there are a LOT of pages to go through. The game I'm looking for is very old, it's a pc game they used to make us play in the first year(s) of high school, so about 20 years ago. But I believe it may have been made in the 80's. I don't have much to go on except it was a detective type of game, the background was black and you would have to explore every nook and cranny and most of them used to tell you that there was 'nothing but cobwebs'. I believe it was 'text based' and I'm pretty sure it was on a floppy disk. I know it's not much to go on but hopefuly someone will recognize it, thanks for reading.

May 6, 2013
Been searching like crazy and I finally found it! It was called Sleuth, wish I could play that again!

Cameron Here

May 6, 2013
I remember playing a game on Sega Dreamcast maybe around 2001, MAYBE. But it involved a woman in a snow-covered place and she had to kill alien-looking monsters that came from underground. I remember there being some kind if classical music playing. And for some reason I remember seeing caribou. I can't remember the name of this game to save my life. Any help?

Lancemich

May 5, 2013
Been looking for this game for a while now and I'm hoping this will work. Me and my dad played this game around 10 years ago and it was great, really enjoyed it but somehow we lost it and cant remember the name at all only what the game is about. In this game you are a yellow ball(with a face) it has pointed purple ears and feet and you hop from square to square you collect gem type things ( I think they are diamonds) but as you collect more the yellow ball thing gets heavier and moves slower but you bring the gems back to a certain square and they float up into the air and then you go and collect the rest from around the level until the level is complete. On each level there is enemies that cause you to restart the level, sorry I cant remember much about the enemies besides that. I would really appreciate it if someone could reply soon because this has been bugging me for a long time.

P.s the game was only for the pc, it wasn't released for console or anything else

bobbyhall

Apr 18, 2013
bobbyhall said:
Hi,

I hope someone knows that name of this game I played on Windows 98.

I think it was a 2D isometric Mars colony simulation game/Simcity on Mars between 1998 and 2002.

When the game starts, you are located on a colony ship above Mars and there is a menu prompting you to launch/eject the escape/colony pods. If you launch too soon, the pods will fire retroburners too soon and crash, and if you launch too late, the pods fire retroburners too late and crash or the ship in space explodes/runs out of oxygen.

The pods looked like this, but in top down isometric view: http://www.chthulhu.com/models/hab/100_0652a.jpg
If you were launched the pods at the right moment, all 4 pods survive landing, otherwise 1 or more would crash and leave a tile of rubble.

I think the in-game GUI and terrain looked similar to Life on Mars?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vajYpGgv3qM
However, the buildings were different.

To begin building, you would have to build a corridor from one of the pods. The corridors looked like this the + shaped buildings in Moonbase: http://www.emuparadise.me/GameBase%20Amiga/Screenshots/M/Moonbase_-_Lunar_Colony_Simulator_1.png
or the x shaped buildings in Outpost: http://s.uvlist.net/l/y2011/11/89809.jpg
The buildings must be constructed next to a corridor or another building similar to Moonbase and Outpost.

I think the greenhouse sprites looked like this: http://www.outofthecradle.net/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/pole_colony.jpg
or this: http://www.creativecrash.com/system/photos/000/095/261/95261/big/greenhouse3.jpg?1275254426

There were other buildings, but I can't remember what they looked like. All the buildings had the same sized footprint (occupied a tile) and all the tiles were the same size.

I think in the game, you could also build rovers that looked like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Sojourner_on_Mars_PIA01122.jpg/220px-Sojourner_on_Mars_PIA01122.jpg
The rovers were built from the pods and you used them to explore the planet. I think there was a day/night cycle, so that the rovers could only move during the day.

The game might also have been single player turn-based.

I'm sorry I don't remember much more.
I'm figuratively dying to know the name of this game.

DonkeyHead

May 5, 2013
Cameron Here said:
I remember playing a game on Sega Dreamcast maybe around 2001, MAYBE. But it involved a woman in a snow-covered place and she had to kill alien-looking monsters that came from underground. I remember there being some kind if classical music playing. And for some reason I remember seeing caribou. I can't remember the name of this game to save my life. Any help?
It was called "D2". I liked that game, was one of my favorites on DC along with Skies of Arcadia and the Shenmue games. I remember the caribou as well, think you could hunt them lol

jjohnnyr

Dec 16, 2012
ok i got another game im trying to remember and this is really vague but original enough to narrow it down i think.
Its a shooter were you used balls as ammo, and it was for PC, think it was the 90s but could be later, very colorful too i think.
thats the only thing i remember...

and another one Is a dig dug like game where you play as a criminal or fugitive and i think theres police monsters or people that are the enemies, and think you drop rocks on them by digging up to it but can kill yourself if you stand under it, pretty sure its a pc game and also i think its around the 2000s mayby early 90s.
sorry cant remember more

Thanks in advance^^

Zoju

May 5, 2013
Daniel Colwell said:
Ok I'm Stumped. The name of this game has been on the tip of my mind forever. It was a science fiction kids computer game from the late 80s-early 90s, where you were a spaceman who crashes his ship on a planet, it was a platformer I believe. There were these red bouncing enemies that you had to shoot and get past. Ringing a bell for anyone?
It's one of the Commander Keen games.

Zoeybadm

Mar 29, 2013
Zoeybadm said:
Trying to find an arcade classic.....game used a chess board with various spots blocked out and you placed pieces on the board and when you went adjacent to your opponent it converted the pieces to yours...the first opponent was a blod then followed by a female with snakes for hair iirc...help!
Anyone help?

Game used to be in my local arcade took quarters. Similar to Go but with blocked out spaces on a checkers type of board.

ThatGuyProdigy

May 6, 2013
This game I played was for ps2 It started with two people finding a genie or something. After that you name your character and the genie destroys your town and the other towns. You wake up and go into a cave and find these orbs that give you the buildings of your old town and you choose where you place these buildings in the town. You fight bats and other monsters and if your sword breaks you have to fix it with a powder. Also you find a cat and you give it a potion and it turns into a girl.

That's all I remember so if you know it please tell me thanks.

millsmick

May 7, 2013
Ok I cannot think of this game to save my life... I don't really even remember what the gameplay was like, so that doesn't help much. Anyway, in the game you were in a diner or some sort of restaurant and there was a talking jukebox. He had a face and that's all I remember. I remember there was a game where you like made pancakes maybe or a cake, I don't remember and I just remember the narrator dude saying "strawberry" when you chose strawberries... Great description, huh? Anyway I hope someone knows what I'm talking about!