Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

xvital

Jun 13, 2013
hi , i wish someone can help me here
i am trying to find a game its so old game , its about wizard can be played by two they use a sticks (single - dual - trouble ) to kill (bee - kangaroos - and some jelly things) in Castle , i also remember when you kill the enemy with the stick they spin then disappear
and you cant finish the level without firing all a sticks

this is what i remember
please if you know it tell me

still cant find it , please someone help me to find it

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Chet Jordan said:
I used to play a game on the PC in the days of 95/98 where you were a warrior starting at the top level of a dungeon. On the top level you can buy things like armor and weapons. As you descend the levels you encounter monsters such as trolls, giants, vampires, werewolves, mummies, and wraiths. You have the option to talk to or attack these monsters. At times your talking gains you information on how to destroy the dragon. At other times, you will get a message stating "The [Monster] says nothing, it just attacks!" I have been thinking about this game recently and am unable to find anything regarding a name. I've ran searches every way I can think to run them with no luck. Does anyone have any idea so I might revisit this game?

EDIT: I have also remembered this was a Shareware game and possibly a DOS game. Seems like I may have gotten it when AOL was the best way to access dial-up. It would also seem like it had an odd name that didn't seem (at least to my childhood self) to have anything to do with the game.
Sounds alot like Mordor 2 a great unfinished eye of the beholder type rpg.

Ikero

Jul 9, 2013
I used to play a game on PS1, I remember level 2 was a red-like sand field with lots of hidden mines, In this level you had to figh spider robots (they were like tanks) once you had beaten one , they would become red allowing you to transform into it when you touched it, and when that happens a voice would say "Transform complete". I remember that in this game you had to use passwords to access to the level, and i cant remember if it was because you couldn't save the game while playing. Also when you get an energy refill it would say "Energy increased". There were also some kind of boosters, a bunch of balls spinning around you to protect you from enemies.

I also remember the spider tank had a machine gun, the tank shoots missiles or something like that, and the humanoid one shoots some kind of plasma beam.

Thank you so much in advance.

-It's not Apocalypse.
-It's not Future Cop: L.A.P.D (though I believe this game is very alike the one im looking for).
-It's not Ghost in the Shell.
-It's not Metal Slug.

FalconXiii

Jul 9, 2013
Hi guys, can help me out here.
I had a PS1 game that I need help remembering its name. Been searching for quite some time now.

A bit about it in general:
-It's for the PS1
-It's in Japanese (possibly has no english version)
-It's a robot / mech game
-It's a tactical rpg / turn-based strategy game
-It has hexagonal tactic grids, something like this (Daisenryaku: Player`s Spirit):
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=GtLeWBNyCpvcYM:&imgrefurl=http://www.c-games.info/games,002,1573.html&docid=j-TCV9PwDcGSgM&imgurl=http://www.c-games.info/panel/foto/screeny/Daisenryaku__Player__s_Spirit_102654/PSDX6D3D012.jpg&w=300&h=225&ei=UhPcUZTZIsHqrQe_poCoDQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:4,s:0,i:96&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=179&tbnw=240&start=0&ndsp=24&tx=56&ty=93
-The story is quite linear
-The characters have an anime artstyle
-The artstyle looks something like this (Super Robot Taisen Alpha Gaiden):
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=jhPFwB9_YAU1qM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thaigaming.com/psx-roms/51879.htm&docid=I5ZDl6NHFvvUvM&imgurl=http://img.bongbank.net/ip/psd3d004_resize.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=FBLcUdPLN8HrrQfbiYHwCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:18,s:0,i:135&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=192&tbnw=259&start=0&ndsp=21&tx=102&ty=39

A bit about the gameplay:
-Every time you do an action against an enemy, say attack, you will trigger a battle scene like this one:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=VN8pLYL8yh00EM:&imgrefurl=http://traf.romhack.org/%3Fp%3Dnews%26nid%3D1110&docid=rH6uu4eOKn6uNM&imgurl=http://traf.romhack.org/images/news/n1110_2.png&w=320&h=240&ei=FBLcUdPLN8HrrQfbiYHwCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:42,s:0,i:215&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=185&tbnw=256&start=21&ndsp=26&tx=195&ty=63
-Say that unit is yours, when you attack, it goes leftward (i think) to another screen where the enemy unit is and hits it. It will usually have a reaction dialogue and reaction animation afterwards. It will then change the screen back into overview and the units on the grid will react based on the battle result (damage + reaction animation)
-Also, if you attack and miss, it will be shown in the battle scene that the opponent's unit move leftwards just as you attack (note: i think there is also long ranged attacks)

Story:
-I dont remember anything about the story, beside at least one case, i teamed up someone else.
-Also, i think the game is set on earth or something, i dont remember it being out in space.
-In some cases i can control more than one unit, but I think i usually can only control my main unit.
-I think i remember some good guys died as well.
-I also remember that after one battle finishes, you can jump straight into the next, so its quite linear.

Its been a long time since i've played it, and i was very young when it happened, sorry if there isnt enough info.
I got a PS1 around year 2000, hope it helps.
Thanks.

ikojibear

Jul 9, 2013
Hi Guys!

So, this has honestly taken hold of my mind for about two weeks, and it's driving me INSANE! So hopefully y'all can help me out a little ^_^

The game I'm thinking of is for PC, unfortunately I can't remember much about it. I think it was released between 96 and 02, and it's like one of those explore/conquer games. It plays in third person (Birds eye), and you have to protect this one person in your party until you get to the destination, and I think it was a medieval type but not based in medieval times. I honestly don't know how to describe it :/

**EDIT**

I also remember that the area where you hadn't discovered was blacked out, so you also had to send like, spies or whatever to clear out the unknown

Will Hudson

Jul 9, 2013
help i need to remember a game, a brief description is you are a human , and you have like 4 controllable weapons on your body 2 over shoulders 2 under and you can build these buildings then build ships inside and then add weapons to them and stuff can anyone help? its also pc and i remember the colour of the human as silver and ships blue and yellow

dbguerrero

Jul 9, 2013
DOS Game, graphics color but rather line/vector -ish. Sci Fi warfare, had to drop power nodes from your vehicles to broadcast power to other of your craft / form a net. Could control one ship/get into cockpit view at a time. One ship or enemy ship was scorpion shaped. Keep thinking it was something ..nauts or something .roids or similar but just can't seem to find a reference to it. anyone remember please e me [email protected]

Valkyria

Jul 9, 2013
Well here goes. What a remember of the game Im looking for is that the hero you could control had green robes I belive, a staff and was bald. (I think.)
Anyway, you started on a map and fought other summoners (that is what i belive they were)
For control over round rings made of stone. You could summon diffrent monsters and cast spells.
The monsters I remember is skeletons, bats and White furred goatmen with spiked maces. I played this game when I was a child, it was only a demo on a pc gamers cd I belive.
Any help to find this game would be appreciated.

jenebee

Jul 9, 2013
Grey Mouse said:
jenebee said:
Okay, if this is a double post, I apologize. I tried to post and it said my account wasn't verified, but then when I tried to verify it again it said it didn't need to be verified. FRUSTRATING. Anyway...

I'm looking for a game for (almost definitely) either Sega or Playstation from the 90s, possibly 1994-1996 where the main character is a pizza guy who winds up in a town full of vampires and Frankenstein monsters and other classical monsters and as you navigate through the town, you land in situations where you have to act (press a button) within a certain amount of time. If you don't act in time, you die a violent death. If you choose the wrong action, you die a violent death. Some actions require a number of steps, so you'd have to remember something like square, triangle, square, circle, triangle, x, or you'd get your head cut off instead of getting a haircut and if you got any of them wrong, you'd have to start over. There was also a castle somewhere, and I'm pretty sure the pizza guy drove on a scooter and looked like a scraggly haired stoner. Despite all these details, bing and google have failed me. You guys are experts. Please, resolve this mystery for me!
Braindead 13?
YES!!! I was wrong about his profession, but you got it anyway. You are my HERO!

FalconXiii

Jul 9, 2013
FalconXiii said:
Hi guys, can help me out here.
I had a PS1 game that I need help remembering its name. Been searching for quite some time now.

A bit about it in general:
-It's for the PS1
-It's in Japanese (possibly has no english version)
-It's a robot / mech game
-It's a tactical rpg / turn-based strategy game
-It has hexagonal tactic grids, something like this (Daisenryaku: Player`s Spirit):
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=GtLeWBNyCpvcYM:&imgrefurl=http://www.c-games.info/games,002,1573.html&docid=j-TCV9PwDcGSgM&imgurl=http://www.c-games.info/panel/foto/screeny/Daisenryaku__Player__s_Spirit_102654/PSDX6D3D012.jpg&w=300&h=225&ei=UhPcUZTZIsHqrQe_poCoDQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:4,s:0,i:96&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=179&tbnw=240&start=0&ndsp=24&tx=56&ty=93
-The story is quite linear
-The characters have an anime artstyle
-The artstyle looks something like this (Super Robot Taisen Alpha Gaiden):
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=jhPFwB9_YAU1qM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thaigaming.com/psx-roms/51879.htm&docid=I5ZDl6NHFvvUvM&imgurl=http://img.bongbank.net/ip/psd3d004_resize.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=FBLcUdPLN8HrrQfbiYHwCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:18,s:0,i:135&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=192&tbnw=259&start=0&ndsp=21&tx=102&ty=39

A bit about the gameplay:
-Every time you do an action against an enemy, say attack, you will trigger a battle scene like this one:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=VN8pLYL8yh00EM:&imgrefurl=http://traf.romhack.org/%3Fp%3Dnews%26nid%3D1110&docid=rH6uu4eOKn6uNM&imgurl=http://traf.romhack.org/images/news/n1110_2.png&w=320&h=240&ei=FBLcUdPLN8HrrQfbiYHwCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:42,s:0,i:215&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=185&tbnw=256&start=21&ndsp=26&tx=195&ty=63
-Say that unit is yours, when you attack, it goes leftward (i think) to another screen where the enemy unit is and hits it. It will usually have a reaction dialogue and reaction animation afterwards. It will then change the screen back into overview and the units on the grid will react based on the battle result (damage + reaction animation)
-Also, if you attack and miss, it will be shown in the battle scene that the opponent's unit move leftwards just as you attack (note: i think there is also long ranged attacks)

Story:
-I dont remember anything about the story, beside at least one case, i teamed up someone else.
-Also, i think the game is set on earth or something, i dont remember it being out in space.
-In some cases i can control more than one unit, but I think i usually can only control my main unit.
-I think i remember some good guys died as well.
-I also remember that after one battle finishes, you can jump straight into the next, so its quite linear.

Its been a long time since i've played it, and i was very young when it happened, sorry if there isnt enough info.
I got a PS1 around year 2000, hope it helps.
Thanks.
Nvm, found it. (Shin Masoukishin Panzer Warfare)

plzhelpme111

Jul 10, 2013
old pc game at the start of the game your airship/blimp crash lands and you start your character
you could do just about anything with your toon pick locks steal or follow a story line you could use dagger swprds make your own weapons you could also make pistals in this game plzzzz plzzzz help me i have been looking for ever for it alot of my friends know the game but for the life of them cant remember the name of it emial maddogisagod @ yahoo or reply back on her i just really want to know the name of the game so i can play it again you did not have to be online to play it

Chet Jordan

Jul 2, 2013
Darks63 said:
Chet Jordan said:
I used to play a game on the PC in the days of 95/98 where you were a warrior starting at the top level of a dungeon. On the top level you can buy things like armor and weapons. As you descend the levels you encounter monsters such as trolls, giants, vampires, werewolves, mummies, and wraiths. You have the option to talk to or attack these monsters. At times your talking gains you information on how to destroy the dragon. At other times, you will get a message stating "The [Monster] says nothing, it just attacks!" I have been thinking about this game recently and am unable to find anything regarding a name. I've ran searches every way I can think to run them with no luck. Does anyone have any idea so I might revisit this game?

EDIT: I have also remembered this was a Shareware game and possibly a DOS game. Seems like I may have gotten it when AOL was the best way to access dial-up. It would also seem like it had an odd name that didn't seem (at least to my childhood self) to have anything to do with the game.
Sounds alot like Mordor 2 a great unfinished eye of the beholder type rpg.
Thanks for the reply. The screen shots I found of Mordor 2 do not look correct. Too dark and too many panels. But the idea seems close. This game seems like it was depicted as a warrior exploring from a top down perspective (like in Decker) with grey walls. When you end up in an encounter it goes to a first person view and but it seems like there are no movement animations in battle. If so, it is small things like mouths and maybe an arm moving. Thanks for your reply though!

TheIronBang

Jul 10, 2013
I forgot the game but I remember it was a PS2 game, you were like a white dog. It was third person, the scene was always happy and sunny. (The first level anyway.) You could actually free roam. Then again I only went as far as the first level. It was some time so I don't remember much. It was kind of kiddish at the age I was but I thought it was funny and intresting playing as a dog. I think the box-art was a dog with a bunch of people in the back with a blue backround. I mighht be wrong about that but it is what I remember.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
TheIronBang said:
I forgot the game but I remember it was a PS2 game, you were like a white dog. It was third person, the scene was always happy and sunny. (The first level anyway.) You could actually free roam. Then again I only went as far as the first level. It was some time so I don't remember much. It was kind of kiddish at the age I was but I thought it was funny and intresting playing as a dog. I think the box-art was a dog with a bunch of people in the back with a blue backround. I mighht be wrong about that but it is what I remember.
Dog's Life perhaps? Although the dog in that was brown.....

A.j. Mims

Jul 10, 2013
alright so me and my friend were talking about dynasty warriors and it reminded me of a arcade game I would pay with my cousin at my birthday parties growing up. so I'd say late 90s to early 2000s. I remember it was a multiplayer game maybe a side scroller not positive. But what I remember vividly is a wizard character with raiden type eyes that was a black guy with a yellow costume. his weapon was a magical staff of sorts and his power ups were magic based. Any ideas on what I was playing?

_Sephiroth_

Jul 10, 2013
HI there so the game im looking for, i think its from the 1990's or so ok details are:

1.Its cars
2.Green Brackround, the whole gameplay is green(even the cars)(like cars on the moon with lots of craters)
3.you can shoot bombs missiles etc
4.camara angle is like you are in a high building and see cars fighting and stuff(you get my point right?)
5. and i think(I THINK)it was online
6.Also the game is not about racing at all,its about editing ur car and running around the craters until u find another car and fight to the death...

so ive been searching for this along time i hope you guys can help!

nikebomb

Jul 10, 2013
This has been bugging and it seems you people here are miracle workers for digging up the goods

Hi, I am looking for a pc game created no later than 2003.

1) It is a turn based fantasy game
2) It had castles in which you could select to spawn various creatures or humans to fight
3) When you went to attack castles you could get a x/10 estimate of you winning a battle
4) I remember archers when attacking could hit for 3 damage and the animation showed 3 arrows go into the enemy.
5) Also you had a limit to how far you could move your units and they were decently far across the map

Any help would be a big thanks!

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
Werekettle said:
Tarrker said:
There was an arcade game I played more than any other when I was a teenager. I've been trying to track it down in recent years but I just have no clue what it's called. Luckily I can still recall the game with vivid clarity, however. It was a classic side scrolling, beat-em-up game very much like Golden Axe or those D&D arcade games and the whole game revolved around climbing this epic tower from floor to floor. You'd start outside and battle your way up and I'm pretty sure you could choose different routes. There were different characters you could play as and you could rescue other characters along the way that would fight by your side in pretty much the same way those floating orbs from Gradius would fight by your side. But they all had different classes like rogues or mages. You also got points for picking up treasure and rescuing townsfolk. The game appeared in the arcade at my local mall sometime in the 90's and it was just my favorite thing ever. If anyone can help me track this game down I will be eternally grateful.
Have a look at Magic Sword
OMG THANK YOU! You totally saved me :)

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
shawnarae5 said:
This is going to be pretty vague, but it's really bothering me. My brother and I used to play this game on a computer, but I can't remember if it was a cd game or an online game. We played it probably around 5 or 6 years ago, so around 2006. I remember that you were a fighter character with a pet dog. You would walk around a town trying to get a quest to go fight in a castle/ dungeon. There were many levels in the castle and the further down you went the higher the level of the monsters. The quests would be to kill a certain amount of a certain kind of monster. There were chests and boxes in the castle that you could open that would give you things such as weapons, stamina, manna, coins, ect. If you needed more money you could send your dog back to town to sell items you didn't need. there were potions to restore health, stamina, and manna at the town to buy. As you played the game you would earn experience points and level up along the way. You could find better weapons and better clothing in higher levels or buy them from the clothing store in town. That's all I can remember right now and it might not make sense or might be too vague, but thanks for trying to help! :)
You need to describe the actual gameplay better. It sounds like the game Fate based on your description. Fate has a front end app you have to load to get it running. The same people later made the more popular series of Torchlight.