Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Martin_0

Jul 29, 2013
Scunnygal87 said:
Hi, I'm new here so hope I've done this correctly!

I'm trying to find two games - one I played on MS-Dos in the mid-90's, I'm sure we only had the demo version, but basically you had control of four/five characters which helped you to finish the level. They were different colours (red, blue, yellow, green and maybe purple/pink). Red could break rocks, I think, blue could swim, one of them could climb and not sure of the rest. It was a cartoony type game, and I'd really like to know the answer!

The second game was for the NES. Wish I'd never traded this game and Mission: Impossible in for a Wrestling game - stupid brother making me get it... anyway, it was like a small, ninja type dude who used a sword as his main weapon but also threw bombs and other throwy things, it was a side-scrolling game but I cannot think of anymore details! His suit was blue, I'm sure. Gosh, so annoying when you can picture playing it too!
Haggle Man 3

ioxoi

Aug 7, 2013
Scunnygal87 said:
ioxoi said:
Constantin Grama said:
GiantRaven said:
Constantin Grama said:
Hi!
Please oh please tell me you know this game, i have been trying for weeks to remember its name.
It is a car racing game (like NFS), i think it launched near the 2000's... something like 1997-2001, i don't remember.
The thing about this game is...... it was a combat car game, you had weapons like: oil that made other cars slip, mines that made other cars blow up or deviate their course, or some kind of nitro.
I know it is not Revolt, nor Carmageddon. I have played these 2 and i know 100% that this game is neither one of them.
Please tell me the name of this game, it was one of the best games of my childhood :)
Potentially either Demolition Racer or one of the Destruction Derby games?
nope, it was something simple, with modern cars, no visual damage, i think it might be an indie game. i remember that i used to buy a lot of "dirty little helper" magazines, it might be from one of their CDs...
This sounds a bit like "Rock and Roll Racing" for SNES/Megadrive (Genesis)... Or Combat Cars
No, it was a newer game, with better graphics than those two, but the concept was still similar. It was somewhere between these two games and Scrap metal, but for PC. It had top-down view also.

dementedidiot

Jul 29, 2013
z3tzilla said:
dementedidiot said:
Sorry but this is all I have to give from memory. Old nes game. Starts out with a house where you choose a character out of the several in there. Each with their own skill and I believe you go down into the ground to battle creatures and such. I believe there was a kid or two, a large man, all I got. It was like a family or something. Driving me nuts
Something like Legacy of the Wizard?

Ha! Do u know how many times I've stared at that game's picture and just by passed it? Lol thank you very much. Time to pull it and actually put it in the system instead of stare at it lol. Thanks again :D

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
I remember an old racing game, I can't remember if it was Dos or WIN9X. But it was kind of like more modern racing games in that as you progressed you got more car parts etc. The tracks were also fairly unique, being underwater or in the air etc.

This is also an oddity, but I remember the hud theme being black and orange.

Hoi678

Aug 8, 2013
I'm also looking for a (pc) game. I remember surtain things of the game. It was like a navy seal game. You had a couple of soldiers and you were doing missions al over the globe.

I can remember some things in missions, like in a mission that you were dropped (or stationed) in Africa (or some other country) and you were completly in the dark. You were in some terrorist camp. The main objective was that you need to go through the camp.

I also remember a mission in the dessert and the last bit of that mission was to evade a mine field.

Last thing that I remember is that in a mission you were dropped out of a helicopter and you were under heavy fire. I also remember some kind of palace and a square.

I hope this is enough! :)

Azlin Highwind

Jul 30, 2013
Azlin Highwind said:
Umm, hello. Can I ask something?

I once played this game, a PSX game, this game is fighting game which taken place inside a crystal or something. One of the character are using chain if I'm not mistaken. The combo is amazing, and you actually can launch the enemy outside the crystal. It's 2D I think. I think I'll be delightful if I can actually find the title name and able to playing this game again. So could you help me, please anyone?
Still got no idea?? :(

Well, I think I got mistaken, the game could be 3D since I think you can rotate the camera when battle. Please help me, this is the only part of my childhood that I only remember it vividly :( .

MTFDoc93

Jul 8, 2013
Gan Zeiss said:
There used to be this old robot fighting game that was very unpopular but very fun in my opinion. When you started, you have to choose ALL the body parts for your robot. The graphics weren't that great btw. After choosing, you will be matched with another robot and you have to defeat him or push him our of the arena. Once you win, you get on of the opponent parts.
Please help me with this. XD
That sounds so familiar to me. I usedto play it too. You could spraypaint the machine to any color or design you wanted. And when you were done you'd battle online to get more points to upgrade with right?

Jason Butler

Jul 26, 2013
Jason Butler said:
Jason Butler said:
There is this old pc game I played when I was younger, it was made in either 1990s or EARLY 2000s, probably the former. It was a space themed game, specifically Asteroids/Roids themed. You first pick a ship, some I remember were :

red ship, a bit block shaped, really fast, called Intruder;

space ship version of a 1960/70s era car, had Chevy in its name;

your cliche space fighter, can't remember name;

You then select a region, then a sector, and warp in. You destroy asteroids and crystals for money, and can't leave the sector until you destroy all of them. You can spend money on upgrades, such as armor, engine, weapons, cooling systems, etc. Quite often, you are attacked by alien ship, who spawn just outside your screen's view; some will ram you, and others shoot at you. One kind looks like an amorphous blob of slime, one is metallic with a disk moving up and down a central rod, and one looks like a giant jellyfish.

Given my age, I never seemed to put much into a save, but looking back at my scarce memory of the game, it seems it is capable of going on for quite some time.

Ring a bell for anyone? Email me: [email protected]
Thanks
Remembered another detail, It was on a disc called Arcade Games For Windows (1998), along with Oxide, Drone, and about 97 other games. Hope this helps!
Anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I remembered it was Crazyoid.

nickbaker1392

Jul 13, 2012
Geoffrey Morizot said:
Hey guys, awesome thread.

I'm looking for a PC game I played way back in the late 90's. I believe it was a first person adventure game with quite a bit of humor thrown in. I remember clearly the game starting out with this cartoony and chaotic cinematic with medieval like characters running around and a big red dragon. And like I already said, the game had a lot of humor. I know this is pretty vague, but if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.
I have been looking for this game for years, I played it on a computer my dad gave me in the the late 90's also. Sorry I don't know where it is, but if anyone can help that's at least two people that could use it!

MrOmNomNom3

Aug 9, 2013
I have a American PS2 game since i am American. I forgot the name and it is in there somewhere. It is a Medieval Turn-Based Strategy where you have a castle. you find creatures and you go to a board. it has a 3D layout and before you embark you can choose your units. You can go back to the castle to restock your units. Or was it before battle? I can't remember. You had Pikemen,Spearmen, Crossbowman just to name a few. Also men on horseback. I remember being destroyed BY THE FUCKING GOLEMS! I had a case where I had 1 Crossbowman/Archer in the left-corner square and he kept throwing rocks. I kept shooting him and he would not die. Anyway it was also on a BLUE disk.

Za Xiong

Aug 4, 2013
Za Xiong said:
I'm looking for an old 90's PC game. I'm not sure what its called, I played it as a preschool kid..It was something about the medieval times and you had to go around and ask knights for help and in the end you and all the knights that you asked for help gets thrown into a dungeon and then one of the knights who can mold himself into anything molds into a key and unlocks the dungeon door. He was a knight in green armor that turned into a key...Can anybody help me out? Would be much appreciated. Sucks how I just don't remember the name of the game..
Anyone? Was I not detailed enough? :(

VictoriaB7974

Aug 9, 2013
Im looking for a game and cant remember what it is, but in the game you charactees name was Archie. There was also a girl character, but i dont remember the name. Any ways,you go through different levels, and you have to open boxes, and you are kind of like an elf and there are. toys all around you and you have to run away from certain ones or they will hurt you. So you open the boxes, and get coins, and the main point is to collect something from the boxes in time before all of the toys start to come after you. I dont know how much of a help i can be, because again it was a while ago, but if someone can help.me out it will be very much appreciated. :) also it is a ps1 or ps 2 game.

axton85

Aug 9, 2013
Ok so I need help I played a demo once on a cd I got in the mail I use to get random demo disks of demos, there was this one game strategy style point and click.. the demo start where ur ships crashed on and island u take over this burn down fort and u protect your food from barbarian raids till u destroy the barbarians u also look around the map for others from the other crashed ships, u can mount random horse u find etc your leader u start with was ear black as AI remmber. thats all I can remember about it, u can also make feids to work in and u could repair the wooden wallds etc

Krustygruff

Aug 9, 2013
Lucas96 said:
Hey guys.I'm looking for 2 old RPG games,in the first one the main character that you play with is a girl.I don't remember much of what happens,I just know that your village is invaded by some orcs/monsters and right at the beginning of the game you kill 2 of them in front of your house,and then you run away and do different quests.

In the second game,you play with a guy who has long hair and lives in some kind of castle.At the beginning of the game you wake up and then go train your skills with one of your friends.After that I don't remember anything except that you are infected with some kind of virus or that you're cursed,and you have a limited time to get somewhere before you turn into a monster.I never managed to get to where i needed to,I always turned into a monster and then the mission failed and reloaded from a previous checkpoint or something like that.
I would really appreciate if someone would tell me the names of these games.Have a nice day!
Likewise, I've been trying to puzzle out what this game (2nd in the list)was for years! I'm pretty sure it had Dark or Fear in the title.

Help Please!

Paolo Bisaccia

Apr 4, 2010
I need your help!
I can't remember a 2D Side-scrolling fighting game for PC.

I remember that you started with a guy in a street and there were any sort of enemies, from nazis to robots.
You upgraded your character by having tatoos and learn new skill by going into a dojo/gym and recover HP by going into a fast-food or something.
Going right from the start point there was a cemetery or a dump, and it was playable with a gamepad.

melliebr

Aug 9, 2013
Hey..
I need to now the name of this game..
It's a 3d game, in space. It is like a war in the planet surface, you have different vehicles and you can come out of the vehicles to use rifles or other weapons.
Don't remember much of it, I remember if you are on foot and use your rifle to shot the pilot of other vehicle you could get on it.
I think the game menu was green

Man I need help.. hahaha
Thanks

JohnRealing1

Aug 9, 2013
Hello. I'm so glad I finally found a forum that deals with this problem.

I've got three games I cannot remember and have been looking for in quite a while.

The first one is part of the Star Wars Series. In one of the levels you're in the cafeteria and need to put notes on the screen so they sound as the band plays them. In another one you're walking in a temple of some sort and need to open a series of doors to collect statues. At on point you clicked the lizards that were on the cracks in the door. Another level had you beat some drums in a specific order to trap the bad guys. And yet another one consisted of shapes which you had to arrange. I'm sorry, that's all I remember.

The second game is a 2D arcade game in which you controlled a tiny wizard who's bolt was blue or white (?). What I managed to play was only a demo. In one of the preview screenshots you saw an enormous wizard coming towards your character and several other bosses just like that one. Both the blocks on which the character walked and the background was oddly looking. I haven't seen the textures in any other game. It was definitely in a castle.

The last one was a 2D arcade game with a lot of stairs. Again a demo, this one in a grassy area (grass on top, dirt shown), running to open some round portal which took you to the next level. Your character had yellow overalls and googly eyes with red hair. He could only trap the monsters by digging out the blocks and either placing them on top of the monsters, or taking the block out and letting it fall in place. The full version included a level in which the character would walk in a city.

I'll be eternally grateful to whomever remembers any of the games and has a suggestion. Thank you in advance.

TheCloudedMind

Aug 9, 2013
Alright this may be my last hope.... I am trying to find the name of a game for the dreamcast system.This game is basically a 3rd person to first person shooter, you are in a ship and you can have multiple kinds, it could be played over the internet. you basically flew around and kill each other but you could do 360 flips and aerial manuevers, there was also power ups/health and weopons/bombs u could get, the best being a nuke that would kill everything even you. it flew really slow when u fired it. Loved this game please help me remember and find it thanks

gbbxox

Aug 5, 2013
rodendo said:
Hi, I'm looking for a point and click game... it was about aliens and you played with a guy wearing a green bath robe and slippers. There was a radio in your room. There was a theater full of weird creatures. Outside your room were some other rooms with those hand scanners.
If I'm not mistaken, in the end you discover that you're actually a clone living in another dimension or something.
Well, thanks in advance.

is it Out of Order?

lazuri

Aug 9, 2013
PLEASE HELP.

I am looking for a game set in space from the (i think) early-mid or mid 1990's.

The game was comprised of two parts:

- The first part was comprised of choosing/modifying/updating/replacing your spaceship. You updated with credits or something like that you got from the second bit.
- The second part was 3D first person shooter against AI enemy spaceships, set in space, good graphics for the era, pretty much dogfights potentially against multiple spaceships.

In the first bit, you started off with a crappy spaceship, then you chose one of two available roots/paths/teams (one with white spaceships, one with brown). All spaceships had names, i think one of the later white ones was called 'archangel' or something along those lines.

I don't think there were any people or characters personified in at all, all spaceships.

You came up against different enemy spaceship-types as you progressed, all enemy 'groups' had their own names too, one of the really hard enemies were described as having 'one known photograph' which was a blur to make it sound notorious.

You completed a dogfight set in space, then went back to the other bit where you modified your ship or upgraded it and stoof, and then that's how you progressed, little story i think.

thank you for any help.