Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Vergial

Mar 16, 2009
I've got a toughie. Spent the majority of my pre-work morning trying to figure this out, but no dice.

It was for the PC, possibly early 90s or so.

I remember it being fairly simple: It was a space/strategy game, planets were simply circles on the 'board', and they followed their orbits. Top-down perspective. Ships were simple shapes. The planets and the local star had gravity to them. You controlled a single ship (I can't remember if you could issue orders to your fellow ships) and flew around doing your own thing. As your empire grew, you could upgrade certain bits of tech, such as better shields for your empire's ships. Whenever you 'captured' a planet, you had to hold the planet and defend freighters that would be dispatched to the planet. Once the freighters arrived, they'd become a shipyard or other buildings.

Everything was in real-time. I THINK you could play multiplayer over LAN or something, but this was years ago.

I've been on a nostalgia kick lately, if someone could figure this out I would be eternally grateful. This has been bugging me all day.

Lindsey122911

Aug 13, 2013
I remember this old pc windows game I used to play, more than like 6 years ago , I'm not sure the exact year but the point of the game was shooting aliens in ufo's that would be hovering and when they got close you could shoot them and you yourself were in a hover car. I think guns were attached to the car I'm not too sure. There were no people in the game just just ufo's that you were shoting at and you car. And this all took place on a highway in a city-ish place. It has been driving me crazy because I can't think of it, the game is similar to hover.

ka0t1k

Aug 13, 2013
I have extremely little to go on as i didnt get much play time with this game when i was a kid. the game was on a win 3.1/95 system. it was a medieval themed game. i want to say it was an rts but i dont remember any of the goals from the game. i just remember it featured a top down view of the landscape in which you moved your group of knights.

Rantz Maxson

Aug 13, 2013
Hey everyone. I've been trying to find this game for like 18 years. It was on an old computer (I think it was a commador 64).

what I remember, your car breaks down in front of this creepy looking house. First person type game. You get out and get forced into the house basically and you start investigating. I remember if you opened a door on the right side of the hall a woman came out facing away from you. If you tried interacting with her it was a skeleton woman who turned around and killed you. I also remember some sort of cage type room upstairs.

Any ideas?

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
ka0t1k said:
I have extremely little to go on as i didnt get much play time with this game when i was a kid. the game was on a win 3.1/95 system. it was a medieval themed game. i want to say it was an rts but i dont remember any of the goals from the game. i just remember it featured a top down view of the landscape in which you moved your group of knights.
The only thing that comes to mind here is Civilisation and Age of Empires..

Vegost

Apr 30, 2013
Alright, might as well try. There is one game from years ago, around year 2000 plus/minus a few years.

I recieved a demo of it with a computer magazine (can't remember which one). It was in 2D. In the demo, you played a dude with a backpack climbing up a wall (orange-ish rock) with black sludgey goo sticking out of cracks in it. When arriving at the top, i vaguely recall a sludgey black monster chasing me. That's it.

Any ideas what it could be?

Silas291

Aug 13, 2013
Hello everyone,
so I'm looking for a game,it was a strategy game, based in japan (I remember some units: samurai,archer,spearmen) .You could send the units from one barrack to the other and upgrade them in that way (for example you send an archer in a Dojo and you get something between a spearmen and an archer).
Any idea??

Krustygruff

Aug 9, 2013
This is the game i've been looking for!!!!
I'm pretty sure it had the name Dark or possibly Fear in the title.

It's really bugging me!!!
CD-R said:
makerofmyfate said:
makerofmyfate said:
ady_arcade said:
makerofmyfate said:
I have been getting crazy trying to remember this game. I even had a look at a tanking of more than 1000 games on the hope of remembering the name

If I do not remember wrong it is a pc game and it is set in medieval/phantasy context.
It is a third person game and I believe there were only melee weapons.
There is some sort of coup d'etat in the beginning of the game.
The main character which is some sort of guard, is then injured and cursed with a disease which slowly turns him into a monster. After you have been infected you are allowed to use some special moves but when you do so, your transformation in this darkness creature is accelerated. When transformation is complete you lose.
I remember playing it a long long time ago, so I think it's a game developed at some point in the 90s.

CAn somebody help??????????????

Thank you very much, this is really driving me nuts!
Could be Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mVBQQi_YA

Hi,

First, thank you very much for the reply! Unfortunately it is not Soul Reaver, I am almost sure it's a pc game. Also, the main character is a city guard or something, which is poisoned during an attack to the city. After that he has this disease that will transform him into a monster eventually. He has to find a cure while at the same time fight someone who is trying to take over the city.

Thanks again though for trying!!! Anyone else has any idea what game I talking about??

Anybody can help???? :)
Is it Nightmare Creatures 2?

Bango

Aug 13, 2013
I guess I should give it a try too.

The game I cannot remember the name of was a 2D (I think it was isometric) RPG (I think) game. I remember a few things about it, like when you first start playing, you start in your house and your mom asks you to feed some pigs. After you do that, your mom sends you to get some nuts (for lunch I guess, lulz) and you arrive at a tree where you hear a couple talking about their relationship issues or something like that. When you get some nuts from the tree and return to your house you find it burning and then your mom dies. I think you also have to find a chicken for some old man/woman before or after one of these events and if you kill the chicken when you do find it for them, they start calling you a murderer every time you visit their home again, kind of like this: "Hello murderer.".

The game also featured an editor (as an external program, IIRC) that you could use to create and edit stuff in the game. After the death of your mom, there is also a mage who teaches you a fireball spell and then leaves, leaving a letter for you. This is all I remember.

I'd appreciate it a lot if someone can tell me the name of this game. Thanks for reading!

Helio Reis

Aug 13, 2013
Hi there, i think i have found the thread of my live LOL,

So im looking for 2 old games from the time of the mega score magazine

The first one, i think the name is mafia something..the game is with some missions and you have to create and rent some soup kitchens, a restaurant, a cement factory and another factory that i doesnt know the name but i know that create bus stop's and other stuff.

the second and old game is from a demo from mega score that your a guy in a island and your mission is to leave some bombs on a think that look like a nuclear reactor, you have a flying suit and you have to kill some bad guys.

Thanks in advance.

Helio

Shodaime

Aug 13, 2013
Shodaime said:
hey guys,i am looking for 2 games

1-a side scroller with character have ''ball'' as weapon,he shoots it to monsters,doing flipping things and such,im pretty sure this character have team uniform and a hat,and can change color when picked up power ups,if you can help it i really appericiate it.

2-we have a character like mario,but we attack with pole like thing,as i remember the first boss is a tree,throwing leaves at us when we defeat it we gain its element,only combo i remembered that we have spinning pole like only the edge spins around.

Find those please :(
please help :(

Steven Harris

Aug 13, 2013
hi theirs a game i want from the old zx spectrum days and cant remember what its called i remember the main character was just a head and u traveled around cafes and train stations at the cafe u had to avoid knives and at the train station u had to avoid ticket conductors ant help would be greatly appreciated

BloodyGuy

Jul 28, 2013
Hi!
I used to play a game a few years ago.
It's a 2D game and I think it has one of these three words ,,Heroes,call,fame" in it's name and it is similar to heroes of might and magic game series but graphics look almost like - HoMaM1 and HoMaM2 the most.
In this game u play as a warrior(man or woman) and u have about 7 square moves every in-game day. The goal is to do quests buy items defend castles and palaces and defeat enemies in order to get fame.Defeating some enemies unlocks new heroes that you can play with. When u walk into other standing people you fight them with your army teleported into a little map,when you fight, every fighter in your army can attack one enemy each turn, you can recruit other people to your army so they would help you in fights (At beginning in your army you have a dog, two farmers and yourself). And when you die you have to play from the start again. The game is pretty much old, i think it is made after 2000 year and graphics are not totally pixel. I cant find it anywhere please help I will be very thankful! :/
PS.: HoMaM(1/2)- Heroes of Might and Magic (1/2)

adamsa123

Aug 13, 2013
I have three games that I don't remember their name.

1. Old pc puzzle game where you needed to solves puzzles and there was this old guy who told you "solve this puzzle". I really don't remember this game well but there was one puzzle where you needed to feed a fish and fit it into an aquarium in space. When feeding the fish too much, he becomes very big and as a result the aquarium break.

2. Very old pc game where your hero (I think it was a spaceship) always go straight without stopping in space. You needed to jump not to fall until you reach the end. Looks like this http://msc.wcdn.co.il/archive/1305848-5.jpg.

3. Old Ps1 co-op 2 player game. It's a shooting game where you see the heros from above. Looks like Loaded and Contra: Legacy of War .

BradyTwitch

Aug 12, 2013
adamsa123 said:
I have three games that I don't remember their name.

1. Old pc puzzle game where you needed to solves puzzles and there was this old guy who told you "solve this puzzle". I really don't remember this game well but there was one puzzle where you needed to feed a fish and fit it into an aquarium in space. When feeding the fish too much, he becomes very big and as a result the aquarium break.

2. Very old pc game where your hero (I think it was a spaceship) always go straight without stopping in space. You needed to jump not to fall until you reach the end. Looks like this http://msc.wcdn.co.il/archive/1305848-5.jpg.

3. Old Ps1 co-op 2 player game. It's a shooting game where you see the heros from above. Looks like Loaded and Contra: Legacy of War .
3 May be Smash T.V http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Smash_TV.png

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
BradyTwitch said:
adamsa123 said:
3 May be Smash T.V http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Smash_TV.png
Or Re-Loaded, the sequel to Loaded...!

flyboy112404

Aug 13, 2013
I got one for ya.

This also came as a demo in a magazine, early 2000, maybe PC Gamer. The details I do remember were, it took place on either the surface of the moon, or possibly Mars. Not a big map - but you maneuvered around in a small hover ship and was required to protect the small base from attack.

I remember the ship had a laser and another type of pulsating cannon for weaponry. You could shoot this laser at enemy foot infantry or other hover ships. You had to position a "work vehicle" over a thermal in order for it to power up (don't remember what it was ultimately used for). There was a large control tower you had to protect as well.

Old, old game I'm afraid.

Shodaime

Aug 13, 2013
Shodaime said:
Shodaime said:
hey guys,i am looking for 2 games

1-a side scroller with character have ''ball'' as weapon,he shoots it to monsters,doing flipping things and such,im pretty sure this character have team uniform and a hat,and can change color when picked up power ups,if you can help it i really appericiate it.

2-we have a character like mario,but we attack with pole like thing,as i remember the first boss is a tree,throwing leaves at us when we defeat it we gain its element,only combo i remembered that we have spinning pole like only the edge spins around.

Find those please :(
please help :(
dont anyone know :(

zsill7

Aug 13, 2013
So I have two different games that I remember. They were both for PC

1.) a game where you play as some guy who has no family that he knows about, he is called by the Govt. to participate in a program at Area 51. When he arrives they tell him he has a chance to start his life over by going back in time but he will not be able to return, this is via some kind of portal (crystal?) that was built with alien or otherwise lost technology. He gets transported back in time before humans existed/owned the planet (dinosaur age? i dont remember) only to find out that some military/paramilitary group has already arrived there. The game was a top/isometric view and it was a strategy or RPG game of some sorts. This was some time in the late 90's and I played a demo or a test copy I got from my dads work.

2.) a turn based strategy game with fantasy themes, you controlled multiple units (I think there were hero characters too) as well as a few buildings castles. It may have simply been my youth but there seemed to be ENDLESS unit types, and MANY teams/factions/races. I specifically remember that when you occupied or otherwise conquered a city you could convert the city to your own over several turns, "pillage" it for low loot and do a small amount of damage, "loot" the city for a medium loot, or "Raze" the city completely destroying it. If I recall the game was randomly generated, with no story line, but I could be wrong. I remember it was also very low graphic, being 2D. I played this on a test copy from my dads work as well.

I hope this is enough to work on, I remember playing these games vividly but cant remember the titles, so I cant search for them. Thanks for any replies.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
flyboy112404 said:
I got one for ya.

This also came as a demo in a magazine, early 2000, maybe PC Gamer. The details I do remember were, it took place on either the surface of the moon, or possibly Mars. Not a big map - but you maneuvered around in a small hover ship and was required to protect the small base from attack.

I remember the ship had a laser and another type of pulsating cannon for weaponry. You could shoot this laser at enemy foot infantry or other hover ships. You had to position a "work vehicle" over a thermal in order for it to power up (don't remember what it was ultimately used for). There was a large control tower you had to protect as well.

Old, old game I'm afraid.
Sounds like Uprising: Join or Die

The thermal was used to generate your main resource and for launching Killer Satellite attacks. Unfortunately the game is pretty much impossible to find and even if you find it, it's virtually impossible to get running on Vista or Windows 7 unless you know how to do virtual systems. They really need to come out with like a DosBox for Windows 95 games.