Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Helio Reis said:
Hi there, i think i have found the thread of my live LOL,

So im looking for 2 old games from the time of the mega score magazine

The first one, i think the name is mafia something..the game is with some missions and you have to create and rent some soup kitchens, a restaurant, a cement factory and another factory that i doesnt know the name but i know that create bus stop's and other stuff.

the second and old game is from a demo from mega score that your a guy in a island and your mission is to leave some bombs on a think that look like a nuclear reactor, you have a flying suit and you have to kill some bad guys.

Thanks in advance.

Helio
The first one is probably either Gangsters: Organized Crime

http://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime

Or Mob Rule

http://www.gog.com/game/mob_rule

Probably Mob Rule because I know that one mentions soup kitchens.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
ka0t1k said:
I have extremely little to go on as i didnt get much play time with this game when i was a kid. the game was on a win 3.1/95 system. it was a medieval themed game. i want to say it was an rts but i dont remember any of the goals from the game. i just remember it featured a top down view of the landscape in which you moved your group of knights.
Could be one of the Lords of the Realm games. Or Defender of the Crown.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
leo0505 said:
Hey can you help, I played this game in the late 80s to 90s and you were a micro chip and you could take control of different animals. I also remember a there was a ram that was really hard to get
Space Station Silicon Valley

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
MrOmNomNom3 said:
I have a American PS2 game since i am American. I forgot the name and it is in there somewhere. It is a Medieval Turn-Based Strategy where you have a castle. you find creatures and you go to a board. it has a 3D layout and before you embark you can choose your units. You can go back to the castle to restock your units. Or was it before battle? I can't remember. You had Pikemen,Spearmen, Crossbowman just to name a few. Also men on horseback. I remember being destroyed BY THE FUCKING GOLEMS! I had a case where I had 1 Crossbowman/Archer in the left-corner square and he kept throwing rocks. I kept shooting him and he would not die. Anyway it was also on a BLUE disk.
Kind of sounds like one of the Ogre Battle games.

Shodaime

Aug 13, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Shodaime said:
hey guys,i am looking for 2 games

1-a side scroller with character have ''ball'' as weapon,he shoots it to monsters,doing flipping things and such,im pretty sure this character have team uniform and a hat,and can change color when picked up power ups,if you can help it i really appericiate it.

2-we have a character like mario,but we attack with pole like thing,as i remember the first boss is a tree,throwing leaves at us when we defeat it we gain its element,only combo i remembered that we have spinning pole like only the edge spins around.

Find those please :(
Pretty sure #1 is Street Fighter 2010 for NES. Made by Capcom.

#2 sounds like it could be Legend of the Mystical Ninja, as the blue character looks like Mario and uses a "pole like" weapon. I do not know if the first boss is a tree though.
i appretiate your help but,games i looking for is nes games.first one is normal football playing kid side scroller,he always has ball in foot,uses is as weapon shoots at enemies.

second one is as i said main character is pretty like mario,and we can gain spinning pole powerup,he can go on a cloud,and we go to someplace like heaven (clouds and stuff)

so if you know those nes games please tell me :(

Helio Reis

Aug 13, 2013
CD-R said:
Helio Reis said:
Hi there, i think i have found the thread of my live LOL,

So im looking for 2 old games from the time of the mega score magazine

The first one, i think the name is mafia something..the game is with some missions and you have to create and rent some soup kitchens, a restaurant, a cement factory and another factory that i doesnt know the name but i know that create bus stop's and other stuff.

the second and old game is from a demo from mega score that your a guy in a island and your mission is to leave some bombs on a think that look like a nuclear reactor, you have a flying suit and you have to kill some bad guys.

Thanks in advance.

Helio
The first one is probably either Gangsters: Organized Crime

http://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime

Or Mob Rule

http://www.gog.com/game/mob_rule

Probably Mob Rule because I know that one mentions soup kitchens.
Thanks CD-R it was Mob Rule indeed.

zsill7

Aug 13, 2013
zsill7 said:
So I have two different games that I remember. They were both for PC

1.) a game where you play as some guy who has no family that he knows about, he is called by the Govt. to participate in a program at Area 51. When he arrives they tell him he has a chance to start his life over by going back in time but he will not be able to return, this is via some kind of portal (crystal?) that was built with alien or otherwise lost technology. He gets transported back in time before humans existed/owned the planet (dinosaur age? i dont remember) only to find out that some military/paramilitary group has already arrived there. The game was a top/isometric view and it was a strategy or RPG game of some sorts. This was some time in the late 90's and I played a demo or a test copy I got from my dads work.

2.) a turn based strategy game with fantasy themes, you controlled multiple units (I think there were hero characters too) as well as a few buildings castles. It may have simply been my youth but there seemed to be ENDLESS unit types, and MANY teams/factions/races. I specifically remember that when you occupied or otherwise conquered a city you could convert the city to your own over several turns, "pillage" it for low loot and do a small amount of damage, "loot" the city for a medium loot, or "Raze" the city completely destroying it. If I recall the game was randomly generated, with no story line, but I could be wrong. I remember it was also very low graphic, being 2D. I played this on a test copy from my dads work as well.

I hope this is enough to work on, I remember playing these games vividly but cant remember the titles, so I cant search for them. Thanks for any replies.
So after searching around it looks like game #2 was Warlords III, does anyone have any idea about the other one?

jewehhh

Aug 14, 2013
pc game i once played, not sure if it was a demo or not but i was in a diner bath room in a toilet stall and i think you get possessed by a demon or something and you end up killing someone and you have to hide the body and clean yourself up before the police officer in the diner notices you.

taskun56

Aug 14, 2013
I figure I'll throw my game in the ring and see if anyone can help.

This was a Playstation 1 game. I think it was an RPG (pretty darn sure). It was difficult. Similar battle styles are Final Fantasy (where your team is pit against the enemy). I use that as a loose comparison because I didn't want confusion with Action RPG style games.

This was one of those RPGs where you COULD die and not get game over because some parts of the storyline you were supposed to die.

The storyline had something to do with a Queen and her army or her guards chasing you. At some point you go through a chapel and the priests help you out the back door. Of course as a kid I thought, "what would happen if I tried to go back?" Well, in most RPGs you simply can't. In this one I did, and the Queen was waiting in the church and questioning the old man as I walked back in the room. A fight initiated and she and her guards wiped us out.

I reloaded my save file and replayed through a while because I didn't save. At some point after I was supposed to find ... and there is where my positive memory cuts out. I thought it was like... a beanstalk? Or something.. But I was Eight, or Nine.

If anyone has any clues please help.

(It wasn't Final Fantasy IX. I know there are similarities between the Queen's guard and purposely losing fights [or fights you can't/aren't supposed to win] but it definitely wasn't IX. I'm not even sure IX was out yet...)

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
Shodaime said:
cloroxbb said:
Shodaime said:

1-a side scroller with character have ''ball'' as weapon,he shoots it to monsters,doing flipping things and such,im pretty sure this character have team uniform and a hat,and can change color when picked up power ups,if you can help it i really appericiate it.

2-we have a character like mario,but we attack with pole like thing,as i remember the first boss is a tree,throwing leaves at us when we defeat it we gain its element,only combo i remembered that we have spinning pole like only the edge spins around.

#2 sounds like it could be Legend of the Mystical Ninja, as the blue character looks like Mario and uses a "pole like" weapon. I do not know if the first boss is a tree though.
i appretiate your help but,games i looking for is nes games.first one is normal football playing kid side scroller,he always has ball in foot,uses is as weapon shoots at enemies.

second one is as i said main character is pretty like mario,and we can gain spinning pole powerup,he can go on a cloud,and we go to someplace like heaven (clouds and stuff)

The first one sounds to me like Soccer Kid - although that was available on the SNES rather than the NES (and I think I played it on the Amiga)

No idea about the second one, I'm afraid

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
jewehhh said:
pc game i once played, not sure if it was a demo or not but i was in a diner bath room in a toilet stall and i think you get possessed by a demon or something and you end up killing someone and you have to hide the body and clean yourself up before the police officer in the diner notices you.
Sounds like Fahrenheit, also known as Indigo Prophecy.

bardlett

Aug 14, 2013
This one has been bugging me for YEARS. My uncle used to play this PC game, it was in the first person -kind of like MYST. You had to collect things for quests, I think. One quest involved collecting gold for a goblin to cross a bridge. The game was probably made in the early or mid 90s (I probably was watching him play between 1990-1995). A lot of wandering around rooms. May have had a wizard or warlock. Definitely on CD ROM.

Martin_0

Jul 29, 2013
Martin_0 said:
I am looking for an old msdos game where you play as a boy and destroy
the environment using bombs which you have only a limited amout of.
Bigger and giant bombs could be found or purchased, im not sure.
It was definitely a sidescroller and it had a very low resolution.
I played it arount 1996. Some help would be nice.
I found it myself :)
It's called Larax & Zaco (Lezac)

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/KSOfEynAitQ/mqdefault.jpg

flyboy112404

Aug 13, 2013
CD-R said:
flyboy112404 said:
I got one for ya.

This also came as a demo in a magazine, early 2000, maybe PC Gamer. The details I do remember were, it took place on either the surface of the moon, or possibly Mars. Not a big map - but you maneuvered around in a small hover ship and was required to protect the small base from attack.

I remember the ship had a laser and another type of pulsating cannon for weaponry. You could shoot this laser at enemy foot infantry or other hover ships. You had to position a "work vehicle" over a thermal in order for it to power up (don't remember what it was ultimately used for). There was a large control tower you had to protect as well.

Old, old game I'm afraid.
Sounds like Uprising: Join or Die

The thermal was used to generate your main resource and for launching Killer Satellite attacks. Unfortunately the game is pretty much impossible to find and even if you find it, it's virtually impossible to get running on Vista or Windows 7 unless you know how to do virtual systems. They really need to come out with like a DosBox for Windows 95 games.
Yeah, this wasn't the one. But thanks for looking.

Shodaime

Aug 13, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Shodaime said:
cloroxbb said:
Shodaime said:

More information always helps. #1 Marko's Magic Football. Or The Adventures of Kid Kleets (US) Soccer Kid (EU, JP)
thank you for your interest but they are not them :( the games i said only for japan games as i remember.If you find any info please quote me . Thank you =)

Harriet Wilkinson

Aug 14, 2013
There was the point and click game, think on Win95. It was first person, one player and you couldn't see your character, it was just like looking out their eyes. Started off in a room with grey walls. You can click left or right and then you move instantly to the next part of the room you're in. No animations or anything. If a door appears infront of you, you can click and go through. Some doors were locked and you had to find keys on the floor. The rooms changed, sometimes the walls seemed like a jungle, sometimes bright white. You could pick things off the floor, I recall picking up a white orb in the white room. And some kind of jewel or gold in the room that looks like its royal. Aliens occasionally popped up and the screen would flash red and you click on them to kill them. On certain floors there was robots, some kind and helpful and others that I think would kill you! Sometimes there were ladders and you could go up or down. I recall going down the ladders and the further you went down the walls changed to black and more alien/baddies that popped up and they killed you almost instantly. I remember something called the abbyss or something. Not really sure what the aim of the game was! help, this has been driving me nuts!!!

Rantz Maxson

Aug 13, 2013
Rantz Maxson said:
Hey everyone. I've been trying to find this game for like 18 years. It was on an old computer (I think it was a commador 64).

what I remember, your car breaks down in front of this creepy looking house. First person type game. You get out and get forced into the house basically and you start investigating. I remember if you opened a door on the right side of the hall a woman came out facing away from you. If you tried interacting with her it was a skeleton woman who turned around and killed you. I also remember some sort of cage type room upstairs.

Any ideas?
Anyone remember this? back in those days where you had to change floppy discs like 6 times to get stuff to run

vivalaxkat

Aug 14, 2013
I can't remember the name to the game i'm looking for, and I can't seem to find it on google either.

It's a computer game from the late 90's early 2000's. It was a child game where you played as a little green monster, with one eye and one horn on top of the head if I remember correctly. You had to go around this castle looking for clues and stuff. After you go so many things you had to play a mini game in order to free someone in your family. Sorry this is really vague, but I told my niece about the game and now she's dying to play it.

If anyone can help me. i'd be very grateful. :)