Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Spartan152 said:
Before you ask, it isn't Carmageddon, and it isn't Carmageddon. It was a game where you would go around driving through the city, and you would shoot and attack other cars, and you could customize your vehicles with guns and spikes and oil /smokescreen stuff. I played it around the time I was playing SimCoptor because I got both of these games from the library. I really want to play it and I'm almost positive it exists, but I cannot for the life of me find it. the hud was first person, or maybe like x-wing, cause you could see the interior as a hud, I think...
Any ideas? PC game by the way.
Must be Carmag... ehhh Twisted Metal 2 :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal_2

Modomadness

Oct 5, 2013
Lostlita said:
Hi all, there's a game I played when I was little in the 90's, and there's this host character who is a male blue-colored creature with a hooked nose and googly eyes like a character from sesame street. there are minigames in it, and in one you had to move a basket across the floor of a chicken coop to catch eggs and avoid rotten ones, and another minigame where you had to fix an airport conveyor belt so luggage could pass through... I hope someone knows the title
This sounds like it might be Buzzy The Knowledge Bug. It's an educational kids' game that I loved when I was younger. The character is a blue flying bug, although he doesn't have a hooked nose. I've played two of them: The Jungle and The Airport. In the Airport one, you need to flip conveyor belts to get the right colored luggage to land in the right bin.

Arvin said:
I really want to know the name of a old game.

It was a 2D puzzle game where you could make your own inventions and machines, by chaining events together. You had all sorts of random things to work with like a cat, that would walk if he saw a mice, that would run towards cheese, but away from the cat. And nitroclicerine, dynamite, antigravity platforms, bowling balls, bars of any material (steel, wood, stone, etc)just too mutch stuff to work with.

I think it is a 90's game, I believe there was something with a lab in the name or the name of the main character, that was a scientist/inventor.

You could play in a free build mode, but you could also do puzzles, where you only get a certain amount of objects to finish a invention.

Im sorry for my bad english, but i really loved this game and i would love to play it again. If anyone has the slightest clue what game im talking about, please do tell me :)
Definitely from The Incredible Machine series. To be more specific, it may be from The Incredible Toon Machine, which had a blue cat and a yellow mouse and tons of other wacky characters.

Modomadness

Oct 5, 2013
Alright, so let's see if anyone can get anything from this very, very vague description...

*I believe the game came out before 1998.
*I think it was for the Saturn or PS1.
*It was overhead or isometric.
*I think the colors were pretty vibrant.
*I believe there was some sort of palace or castle. For some odd reason I think it may have been made of candy or chocolates or maybe they had a room with tons of them or something? That could be me assuming that because of the bright colors.
*Maybe there was a tile floor with alternating colors in said palace/castle?

I really don't remember much of anything about this game, but I am very determined to find out what it is.
At first, I was thinking it may have been a Mario game, I was thinking maybe Toadstools were in there, even though I don't believe I had an NES or SNES. I know it wasn't Mario RPG either, like I said I think it was on the Saturn or PS1 anyway.

If anyone can figure this game out, I will be thoroughly impressed.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Okay, it's a flash game so I'll be lucky if I ever see it again but here it goes.

All you did was walk into a room and confront the final boss. But he's too powerful for you, so you go back a step and go up this platform staircase to reach a chandelier above the boss, you cut the rope holding it up and have the chandelier crash down on the boss and win the game.

That's it.
Then it praises you like a freaking messiah for being able to do that.

I'd like that little ego-boost right about now, so if you know what it is, please remind me.

Modomadness

Oct 5, 2013
Extra-Ordinary said:
Okay, it's a flash game so I'll be lucky if I ever see it again but here it goes.

All you did was walk into a room and confront the final boss. But he's too powerful for you, so you go back a step and go up this platform staircase to reach a chandelier above the boss, you cut the rope holding it up and have the chandelier crash down on the boss and win the game.

That's it.
Then it praises you like a freaking messiah for being able to do that.

I'd like that little ego-boost right about now, so if you know what it is, please remind me.

It's called You Have To Burn The Rope. You can find it on sites like Kongregate.

Jan 29, 2009
I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. It was called Flight or Aviation or something, but it's such a vague title I can't find the exact one. It was made in the 90's for Macintosh, and it was more of a sort of interactive encyclopedia, playing like you walk through a museum or something. There was a section with videos about early flight, a section on paper airplane instructions, some more videos of modern jets, and some info on aerodynamics. Anyone know what I'm talking about? The disk had an F4U Corsair on it I believe...

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Cloudstrifeff7 said:
Hello guys, I am searching an old game for PSX. The gameplay is like Resident Evil and you can choose 4 characters. The first is a boy with gun, the second is a blonde girl with an electric knife, the third a muscular man and the four is a cyborg little girl (loli xD). The game probably is by japanese people.
Thanks in advance for your help!
I don't know the game, but here is a list of all (at least when someone made an entry) Horror games for the PS one. Also a lot Japanese games. And don't oversee the more button at the end of the page :p

http://www.listal.com/list/ps1-horror

perryben

Oct 5, 2013
cpeltier said:
PC game (can't remember if it required a cd-rom or not)
Mid 90's (93-97ish)
Spacecraft mining strategy
dome looking buildings, multi-shaped ships, different planets multiple color schemes
robotic voice in background lots of "idium" metals to mine would say what % of the location had been mined
more for kids and young teens
This sounds mostly like Star Command Deluxe or Revolution, but that may be a complete coincidence.

perryben

Oct 5, 2013
I'm trying to figure out the name of a popular text base scrolling game from the 80's. Two lines would scroll down the screen and you would move your "car" left and right to keep from hitting the sides. It was a easy game to make so I'm sure there were multiple versions for apples and PCs. Thanks

Maymay

Oct 5, 2013
I played this marble game 10-12 years ago(2001-2003.).A 2-players simple CD game. If I was not mistaken,it had 5 levels.2 of of the backgrounds level I remember were grey and green or something like grass. You've to destroy 3-5 same colour marbles in a box and your opponent will receive extra marbles. The faster you do it, the faster your opp will receive the extra marbles. Consider lose when your box is filled up. Or move on the new level when the time is over.Highest level has unique metal marble. Can only use keyboard (2players sharing the same keyboard - 1 using letters and another using arrows)
Anyone help me pls?It's a nostalgic game.. TQ :(

Acid_Alex

Oct 5, 2013
Hey there guys. Really need help on this one game I played in an old PC with my father on windows 98 :D

It was like and elf guy with no shirt (thinking his name was Corvo) and you'd start out in a castle.
Then the next stage was a desert with ptredactils and dinos ahah
You'd use fire staffs, fight skeletons, it was a 3rd person view and had like a Dungeons and dragons feel to it, but more castlevania like. Now that I recall it it looked alot like Ultima IX:Ascension.
Also you could enter different rooms, but I can't recall much....it was 3D rendered, but that early 90's post Doom crappy graphics (off course, 90's). Suprisingly tough, I remember that game being the most awesome thing ever :D I also played swat and Delta Force 2 along it...and a demo of Need for Speed: Porsche (if that helps with the specific timeline).
Please it's consuming me arrrrrrgh if anyone knows I'll really apreciate it ^^

wishdale

Oct 5, 2013
Getting crazy here and can't find the name of a game. Please help me so i can rest my soul!

What i remember of the game is just bits and pieces from a demo.

The game is of type 2D Sci-Fi. You can send probes to explore. You build buildings on your homeworld and you can hire a pilot, constructor or a ... dont remember. Each class has tre cost levels.
You construct space ships to fight aliens with and as they fight you observe the fight in 3rd person and the ships are represented as white dots. The fight is over when one side has lost all their spaceships, or white dots ;)

You have to build a translator before contacting other alien species otherwise the contact will fail.
You can retrieve tech from aliens to build better spaceships

The demo ends randomly after 10-15 minutes of play.

Any clues? Thank you for your time!

perryben

Oct 5, 2013
Roman78 said:
Something like Formula One for the Tandy or was it newer.
It was very similar to this. There screen would automatically scroll, there were no other cars, the tracks would get narrower and speed up as the levels progressed. Thank you the picture alone brought back some memories.

EliStone

Oct 5, 2013
im looking for a 2d alien colony game where u expand your colony somehow... and then warp from one place to another via mirrors or smth like that...the aliens are floating... played it the last time 15+years ago... maby anyone knows what im talking about?

gabzigabz

Oct 5, 2013
boxfetish said:
Count me among those who signed up just to have a game identified.

So, it was an Apple II game, I believe. Perhaps it was a Commodore 64/128 game. I hardly remember anything about it except I think it was an arcade game, maybe a side scroller? You were navigating through a haunted? house and one of the main antagonists were these jack-o-lanterns that would bounce around and laugh. Any ideas?
Could it be "Jack in the Dark"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzVDgmyDCo

Pablose

Oct 1, 2013
Pablose said:
Hi guys!

I just saw this thread searching for the games I'm going to ask for and thought I had to register and ask to see if any of you knows which game I'm talking about.

I can't remember a lot, but here's my take:

- It was an old soccer/football game in which the teams were composed of animals. You could pick the team of the dogs, rabbits, cats, etc...
- I can't remember what device it was for, though :(
- I also remember you could do some kind of special kick in which the ball would catch fire. If you scored a goal with that, you ignited the goal (and sometimes the goalkeeper).
- Can't really remember a lot more... There were some different stadiums I think.

And now that I'm up to this, I can remember another game which I played lots of years ago on the PC (maybe 12 years ago or so).

My memory about it is very fuzzy, but maybe someone can guess the game I'm talking about.

The game I had was a demo, so I don't have much details either:

- I think the character you played was yellow.
- You could swim in the water (I believe you were at a beach or somewhere similar) but if you got too deep you were always eaten by piranhas or some kind of fish (red-coloured, i believe).
- I think in the demo you found some sort of alien ship or something like that.

That's all I can remember...

Hope some of you know these games and can help me out.

I will also try and give a hand to you if I can.

Thanks a lot!

Jmenicole

Oct 6, 2013
I'm looking for an old computer game. All I remember is going into a house (but there was gameplay outside the house as well), going up stairs and there was a lady in the bathtub. You were able to type in prompts and she responded if you typed the correct thing. I want to say there was a vampire but not 100% about that. It would have been from the 1990's or before!

Jmenicole

Oct 6, 2013
halfhorsefilms said:
ShayaMarie said:
There was a game that I have been searching for for days, can anyone help?! A few people already posted info about it but no one responded... Here are the current descriptions:

"There was this random old game they had on the school computers...you got trapped in the body of a kewpie doll and transported to like a fairytale land or something where you had to solve puzzles based on nursery rhymes... anybody else ever play this? This was back in the early nineties..."

"Okay, here's basically the only game from my childhood I haven't tracked down yet. It's a PC game...I think I played it when I was 10, so maybe 16 years old? Might not be quite that old, but around that time frame. It was what you'd call a point-and-click, I guess. It had this rather melodramatic opening about how your character (a little boy) suddenly fell ill or wouldn't wake up or something. Like maybe he was in a coma? And someone (I think a shrink?) said that you/the boy are trapped in your dream world. (This opening was all in text, mind you.)

So when you start playing...everything has this weird, dream-like illogic to it. You start off facing a bar, I think. Typical of point-and-click games, you have to find objects that can be used in certain ways...generally strangely. There was a dock, and I think you found a dead fish there. Pretty sure you found a key in the bar...but it didn't open any doors. There was a sewer you could get down into by greasing a grating with something unusual...I think there was a strange character down there. Everything has this sense of something ominous about to happen.

The last screen I can recall getting to is the edge of this canyon...but there's no way across. At the edge there is a strange plant or flower, and you are clearly supposed to do something to it, but I could never figure out what. Possibly because it was just a demo.

If you recognise this, please help!"
You're thinking of "The Island of Dr. Quandary." A very surreal and unnerving game!
The second one sounds like Dare 2 Dream

boxgamer

Jun 24, 2013
help plz
the game was about a creature killed our father or king
and we went for revenge
i remember that we killed that creature inside the ocean
i need it
can anyone find it for me??