Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ville Tarpila

Sep 30, 2013
Ville Tarpila said:
Hey.

What is the name of game that i played when i was little boy. It started like you spawn middle of nowhere in the forest. You didnt have any memories about what the *** was going on but you found pocketknife next to you and you can cut small trees with it.

Idea of the game was find a way out. you were surrounded by big walls and area where you play was really big. There was some other people helping you and sellin/trading stuff that can help you. game was top perspective.

Hopefully somebody figure out what is the name of this game :) And sorry about bad english. It´s not my motherlanguage :)

Omnya El Bakry

Nov 8, 2012
i used to play a game were you play as pumpkin men (we had pumpkin heads) and we had hammers in our hands and we went through a maze (the player had a top view of the maze) we would collect dots and get power ups that can make us go through walls (like a ghost ) or make our hammers bigger.i used to play it on two player mode....can anyone help????

Gemmaalanna

Sep 25, 2013
Mothhive said:
Gemmaalanna said:
Hey all,
I played a game in the 90's on PC and it was a role play game where you were the wizard and you woke up in your room at like a wizard school once you were on the grounds you then had a map do different areas of the wizard universe! The aim of the game was to collect items to find the location of a dragon that had been burning down areas.
It was an adults game because there was swearing in it and some comments from the characters where funny!
In the back if my head I can hear the them tune when if started and it showed a big world and your mouse was like a star

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Discworld: The Trouble With Dragons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_%28video_game%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_6v8HM9cA
YES, thank you sooo much!!

ruben10111

Oct 6, 2013
I remember several years ago me and my brothers played this logic puzzle (adventure?) game on pc, around 2002-2004 or so.

- point'n'click, parts with keyboard as in typing and controlling(arrows).
- Several puzzles together finishing the game and getting yourself free of wherever you are, reapetedly solving them one after one.
- Limited time, solving puzzles increased the time you had, not a counting clock but something like bars fading out.
- remember something about maneuvering a tiny submarine on a 2d field, before we began the puzzle we always heard or read: "it's like finding the needle in the haystack".
- installed on computer, ran in fullscreen.
- possibly norwegian language or norwegian language option, in that case a "bigger" game, norwegian is not the most often translated languages.

Sorry if there are bad descriptions and so, but thanks anyways.

Matchu

Sep 16, 2012
Anyone recall a football manager game from 25 (ish) years ago.......where player stats were described as "Brilliant" or "excellent" etc vague I know! Probably on the Amiga or PC....

Matchu

Sep 16, 2012
porous_shield said:
Alizaria said:
I'm trying to figure out the name of an old game i played as a kid, i don't remember much other then you could play through the game with two people, one used a yo-yo? as a weapon, (no it is not earthbound) the other used like one of those party blower things that unroll when you blow into them, i thing the weapons can upgrade also.
i remember one level kinda like a graveyard? idk something really dark and spooky, again it was a side scroller.
for some parts it was a side scroller style game,then i think i remember little cut scenes where depending on how much money you spent you'd have to sail somewhere, if you had little money you were basically floating on a piece of wood, if you had alot you'd be on a nice ship. idk ive been trying to find this game for ages and nothing works.

im hoping that im remembering this game correctly (i was born 1992 so that gives a bit of a time frame, i was still a little kid at the time. thanks all.
Sounds like Legend of the Mystical Ninja I had for SNES.
One year on....still looking!

elghinfightr

Oct 7, 2013
There is this old ps2 game I played when I was younger I don't really know much about it but the main char could had like these 3 forms one was like this big bruiser type and the other was a shooter type and the other one was his normal form he was in this type of yellow suit and in this type of white futureistic place

hammalin

Oct 7, 2013
it was like a long dark place, going through/ possibly unlocking different doors and in the rooms or halls killing random animals or something.. i think depending on what i had i was able to turn into the different animals as well, like i killed mice and other stuff. it kind of reminded me of runescape a little but only about killing an obtainig things nothing really extra. i just know it was always dark. it was a download to pc game btw. i remember that much, sorry i cant give extra details i just know i loved it and it was really fun.

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
Siweox said:
I suddenly seem to recall that the name was Iron or Metal-something "Furie". eg. Iron Furie.

Perhaps that'll spark some memories, somewhere!

Simon
An RTS with customizable bipedal mechs that's "Iron or Metal-something"... Metal Fatigue?

Munky Langlands

Feb 25, 2010
I'm trying to figure out a game myself. It was an old educational game from the 90's. It was about solving logical puzzles.

I remember one of the problems being about the total number of hand shakes between 9 people. I think the storyline was about you breaking the curse of witch (that could be wrong). At the start of every world you were greeted by the witch's (?) minion who was trying to help. His puzzles included sudoku and other number problems. A very specific question was "what is the minimum amount of guesses you would need to find a specific number between 0-100?" (the answer is 7). Another one is "what is the minimum amount of guesses you would need to find a specific number between 0-200?" (the answer is 8).
Half way through the game the witch(?) finds out about the minions betrayal and makes his mouth disappear.

I do believe the game is called Storm, but I'm not too sure

SanPanda

Oct 7, 2013
I remember playing an old pc game. I played sometime 1996 to 1999 probably. The view was like you were only in one room at a time, you could move up and down ladders or maybe stairs, and side to side. You could see the whole room and all the floors/levels and the stairs/ladders. You had to reach a door or something else to get to another room. Maybe it's that you started at the bottom and always had to reach the top. It kind of looked like a castle. I think the character you played may have been a wizard in a robe, matching cap too I think. I remember collecting green potions. I don't remember what any of the enemies looked like. I was only able to play this game for half an hour and not every day. That and the things I was going through as a child makes it hard to remember much of what went on let alone details of the game but every now and then I wonder what it was and if it would still be fun. If I could find it now...well I can play for more than half an hour at a time ;)

Asa Kujaku

Sep 16, 2013
This has been bothering me for years. I used to play this RTS game on the computer. It was probably around 2005. It was a fantasy themed game, there were two sides to pick from that I remember. You could build a wizard tower and get swarms of bats or dragons if you upgraded it. I also remember a goblin in one of the menus that you could gamble your coins with. There were also boats as units. Uhh I remember that the spacebar sped up the game if that helps at all.

dracomaster

Oct 7, 2013
Looking for a PC game was around 10 years back, there was a disc that had like hundred/hundreds of games (demos) including a game I know (Tzar) but the game I'm looking for a game that was where you learn new technology and launch missiles towards other countries, as well as going into a satellite view and destroy the missiles coming towards your own country

Munky Langlands

Feb 25, 2010
SanPanda said:
I remember playing an old pc game. I played sometime 1996 to 1999 probably. The view was like you were only in one room at a time, you could move up and down ladders or maybe stairs, and side to side. You could see the whole room and all the floors/levels and the stairs/ladders. You had to reach a door or something else to get to another room. Maybe it's that you started at the bottom and always had to reach the top. It kind of looked like a castle. I think the character you played may have been a wizard in a robe, matching cap too I think. I remember collecting green potions. I don't remember what any of the enemies looked like. I was only able to play this game for half an hour and not every day. That and the things I was going through as a child makes it hard to remember much of what went on let alone details of the game but every now and then I wonder what it was and if it would still be fun. If I could find it now...well I can play for more than half an hour at a time ;)
Gauntlet?

Zomb3h

Sep 8, 2013
Roman78 said:
Zomb3h said:
I joined this site just to get some kind of help with this game. I've been looking forever and I just can't find it. It was an old game for Windows 95, maybe 98. I played it on my grandpap's old 95 computer when I was little. I rmemeber alot of things about the game, but the more I search the more I get lost. It resembles the old Petz games or maybe Spore, but I know it's neither of those.

You like had this dog you could play with. You had like three breed choices. It started as a baby and had like three life stges and grew up over time. It never died though as far as I remember. The graphics were horrible though. The dogs were made out of like spheres and you could only have one dog at a time- until you wanted a new one then you deleted the old and got a new one. I know one choice was a poodle like dog- and another a brown dog.

There wasn't much to do. You had a few worlds to choose from to 'explore' one was a beach, another a field and another a party like room with odd pictures on the wall and balloons. o^o you could pop the ballons. There was constantly this airplane sound in the sky every once in awhile. The game was 3d like and the worlds were overly huge and glitched alot.

You had like limited stuff to do. I remember there being a ball, a bone of some kind and a flashlight for tricks? I wanna say you could make it do tricks but I dunno. But if you clicked on the dog you could drag and move it around and the lil balls that made it up came apart before coming back together when you dropped the dog.
The first game were you could adopt a dog was Dogz: Your Computer Pet aka Dogz: Your Virtual Pet from 1995

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dogz-your-computer-pet

But i think you played Dogz 3

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=14357&tab=screen

Or maybe Dogz 2, but i can't find any screenshots about that one.
No I looked into Dogz and all the Petz game, it wasn't any of those.

Siweox

Sep 30, 2013
z3tzilla said:
Siweox said:
I suddenly seem to recall that the name was Iron or Metal-something "Furie". eg. Iron Furie.

Perhaps that'll spark some memories, somewhere!

Simon
An RTS with customizable bipedal mechs that's "Iron or Metal-something"... Metal Fatigue?
Looks really cool.

Unfortunately that wasn't the one either. I'll see if I can find the hard copy. If I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Simon

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Zomb3h said:
No I looked into Dogz and all the Petz game, it wasn't any of those.
Than maybe K-9 Cyber Companion

http://pr.fujitsu.com/jp/news/1997/Apr/k9.html

The CD-ROM comes with three breeds of 3D dogs (a rover, a poodle and a boxer), nine tricks, three age levels for each dog, and three 3D environments (a field, a beach and a ballroom)

Axnon

Oct 7, 2013
Made an account just for this(Its been bothering me for about some years now, this game is my curse :c )

Either i dreamed of this game, or i have no idea how did i think of it(My parents don't remember it). I would say it was around 10 years ago probably even more.

The game was on the PC, 2d game like DIG DUG but you were a convict and you were escaping the police, eventually police cars would chase you, it was completely like DIG DUG, but with rocks, police and police cars i don't remember anything else.

braziliangod2

Oct 7, 2013
I am realy wandering old game belive to be ps1
It had a litle guy with a jet pack and a gun that wold fly around and anter other robots to fight
I know some times there is spits u need to drop the robot to fet to othet areas couse of size of pasage
The was a spider robot . And one shaped as a ball . I know there are others but i just cant recal
Does any one know what game i am speaking of? By the way robots shoot realy great game