Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

samasman

Apr 25, 2014
I remember a game where you start out in a bedroom in a isometric view and you must look around the house for key items then must go ouside to world that also shares a isometric view and by the end of the game you end up in hell for some reason please respond
this might of been a pc game or a dos game not sure which

Lily Gallardo

Apr 25, 2014
This is a 2-Dimension, english learning game for kids. The CD-ROM format only suited Windows XP or so.

The game starts with a blue egg that hatches, and a small blue creature with a cute red antenna thingy on it's head comes out of it. In the beginning you -the creature- are in a house's basement, and controlling the creature, you go all through to the kitchen, living room, then go out and find yourself in a small village, which you cross, them go into a forest, and somehow -I don't remember- you got by boat to an Island and then into a temple, where you had to answer a multiple choice quiz in order to defeat a sort of wizard -the bad guy in the game-.
All through the game you have to solve word puzzles of every kind, and also click on the things in the background to know their names, and they would display a nice funny animation. Some of the words would automatically save into a 'bank' so you would use them later to complete a small text that you would find somewhere in the background of every 'stage'. Completing the text was a necessary to pass from a stage to the next one, and it would narrate the journey and impressions of the creature along the game.
The blue creature -that's basically it's name-, was really cute and funny, and it shows diverse emotions related to the animations of the objects, which was the charm of the game. The main point was to the defeat the evil wizard and help the creature go back to it's planet -yeah, it was scared-.
Some particular things I remember from the backgrounds are a refrigerator, bread, a rocking chair, a window, clouds, a tower, a stone, a clothes store with some hats on display, the path leading to the forest, a castle in the forest. trees. leafs, tree trunks, an armor(?). a beach, the boat, the island, an ufo animation, the temple and the questions of the quiz coming in a haze cloud.

If anybody recognizes the description of the game and remembers the name, I would be grateful for eternity, will make you a sandwich and play video games with you (If you'd like).

PLEASE ANSWER!! This was such an important part of my childhood and I wanna search for the game again.

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
ONYXFINALSHOT said:
Hey, I'm looking for a game that i played the demo for on the PlayStation 2, I must of played it 30 times ina row but i cant remember the name.

I searched through the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo List but i couldn't find it so I'm assuming I got the disc from a competing magazine of some sort.

The game was set in 3rd person view and the demo began in an alleyway where you and a few other freedom fighters moved through the city killing other enemy humans completing objectives (Freedom Fighters vs. the Army). If I remember correctly one objective was to blow up a gas station for some reason. You had Molotov Cocktails you could throw and that's about all I can remember as well as standard based weaponry like rifles and such. Im thinking around 2006-2008/9. The graphics were very good for the era and nothing like the original splinter cell type.

I remember being an impressionable child this game being totally bad ass and its not from what I can tell Freedom Figher the game or Gurilla Red Faction, those are in 1st Person.

Thanks for any help, I hope you wizards can help solve my mystery. Onyx.
Hmm, if it's not freedom fighters, the only other game I can think of is State of Emergency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Emergency_(video_game)

starwarsdude55

Apr 26, 2014
its a game on websites like FOG or Armor Games its a mix between like smiley wars and territory war. There is different levels to unlock new characters one area is in space another in a military base and each one has its own disasters. The last 3 characters are the developers and you can do custom games on any map. All the maps i remember are a swamp volcano army base space alley desert and jungle temple. You have to get a certain number of kills using a variety of weapons. You can make your own maps and stuff as well. One of the weapons is a nuke that kills everyone. Help anyone? I had a awesome time on it.

starwarsdude55

Apr 26, 2014
samasman said:
I remember a game where you start out in a bedroom in a isometric view and you must look around the house for key items then must go ouside to world that also shares a isometric view and by the end of the game you end up in hell for some reason please respond
Is it the Reincarnation series? Where there is a system if you end up in heck (yes i said heck) you have a chance to go back and do good deeds to go to heaven and you are a demon sent to prove they are still bad then kill them for them to go back down. Is that it? Its PC

samasman

Apr 25, 2014
starwarsdude55 said:
samasman said:
Is it the Reincarnation series? Where there is a system if you end up in heck (yes i said heck) you have a chance to go back and do good deeds to go to heaven and you are a demon sent to prove they are still bad then kill them for them to go back down. Is that it? Its PC
no thats not it the one I remember involved a boy I think and had a more sprite feel to the game
though thank you so much for a response

david232323

Apr 26, 2014
I tried to look for this game, if we give a thought to the same one of course . it is necessary to play with little green people_nation ? it is necessary to get one digging for them and is when if I know it well in a kitchen it is necessary to be adroit . sry not perfect English.

Mirokunite

Nov 22, 2007
Looking for a education point and click game from the 90s that if I remember right was on the Mac.

You play as an archeologist that explores a pyramid. The game is cartoonish looking, or really its drawn graphics. The main goal is to find the sarcophagus at the very end, and there was a ton of ways you could die.

One of the more memorable scenes there was a floor puzzle that you had to step on the right tiles to pass. The password was Osiris, but stepping on the wrong tile was instant death.

Anyone have a idea of what game this was?

Septerra Core

Apr 26, 2014
Looking for a game where there was dinosaurs in it you were exsploring old ruins after your spaceship/space shuttle crashed. It was 1 person shooter, old graphics similar to first half-life game. You had to scavenge for ammo,guns and medkits as you encountered the fate to your fellow crewmates/marines. If i dont remember wrong i think it was a human enemy faction to it also involved.

I have only played the demo, so info is limited.

Would very much like to play this game through, thank you in advance for anyone have any info on it.

Aman Khan

Apr 26, 2014
I am so sorry for the extremely limited info. These is the bits and pieces of it.. I had an attachment but can't remember it's name. Please help :)

Strategy Game with Seasons. Mostly Cartoony Characters.. We start with a few people then start building houses and farms. Now this is where it stops sounding generic.

Cows you need to tame by belling them. Kept in fences to get Milk.
A Knight who is the Guardian you can produce these units.
Farms give produce only in Summers, Spring & Not in Winter.
At Night Couples Copulate and in Morning Babies are born with a baby cry. (Indication of Population Growth)
You can control the children as well.
A Bee Enemy which comes to attack our settlement.

That's it that's all I can remember.
Please, PLEASE HELP ME!

Atomic Moog

Apr 26, 2014
Hi,

Remember an old game, used to play on DOS or 3.1. It was an RPG set in the future (seem to remember it being slightly cyberpunk) where you could change/augment/add abilities by adding a 'chip' which gave you skills. Depending on the situation you could change the chip to give you an edge. Very simple 16bit graphics but a decent story. Hunted round and round but can't seem to find any existence of it but I do remember playing it :) Not the most detailed of descriptions I know but hopefully someone will know.....

Thanks in advance!

B.

rotaercz

Apr 26, 2014
I played this game like 10-15 years ago. It's a platformer/side scroller similar to Metal Slug but you can change your body for an enemies body. Some enemies had a machine gun, others could only throw grenades, etc. Bascially you could transfer your soul into an enemies body and you'd have their abilities. I can't remember the title though.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Atomic Moog said:
Hi,

Remember an old game, used to play on DOS or 3.1. It was an RPG set in the future (seem to remember it being slightly cyberpunk) where you could change/augment/add abilities by adding a 'chip' which gave you skills. Depending on the situation you could change the chip to give you an edge. Very simple 16bit graphics but a decent story. Hunted round and round but can't seem to find any existence of it but I do remember playing it :) Not the most detailed of descriptions I know but hopefully someone will know.....

Thanks in advance!

B.
Syndicate? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/syndicate/3030-10865/ )

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Septerra Core said:
Looking for a game where there was dinosaurs in it you were exsploring old ruins after your spaceship/space shuttle crashed. It was 1 person shooter, old graphics similar to first half-life game. You had to scavenge for ammo,guns and medkits as you encountered the fate to your fellow crewmates/marines. If i dont remember wrong i think it was a human enemy faction to it also involved.

I have only played the demo, so info is limited.

Would very much like to play this game through, thank you in advance for anyone have any info on it.
Turok 2008? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/turok/3030-11051/images/?tag=PC+Screenshots )

Doesn't exactly fit the bill in terms of the graphics that you remember (not that this game is very notable in that regard, so I'll laugh if this is the game because that'll say something about the graphics being on par with HL1) but there's not much else I can think of that does, especially with the spaceship crash part you mentioned.

Brittany Bullard

Apr 26, 2014
There is this one game that has been irritating me a lot lately cause I cannot remember the name.

But you play as a dragon flying about. Everyone in the villages is trying to kill you, and you can scoop up sheep and cows to eat and keep your health. I THINK you rescue eggs at some point either that or you do it through the whole game. I cant really remember that much. But I think once you reached a certain level you got some kind of vision to see better.

I know that's not a lot to work with but its all I remember :(

runegic

Apr 26, 2014
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
runegic said:
Hello, looking for a game that I played somewhere between 2001-2005. The game itself might've been released earlier than that... The game works pretty much like Dark Souls or The Witcher 2, it's a PC Hack and Slash with a 3D over the shoulder. I got the the demo from this disc.. and inside it were other demos.. I can't really remember the contents of the game since it was quite a few years back and I've only play the demo.. But..I remember starting as the generic male with a sword on his back, not sure if the starting character was gender locked and whatnot, you started either the middle of no where or in some settlements; the setting was during the night. Near the starting point is a bar or pub with NPCs inside. When talking to the NPCs.. I forgot.. it's either you go into a cut scene when talking to NPCs or.. you stay in the map and just talk. The game might've been just one huge map with no portals and stuff warping you from "room" to "room".

Basically... 2001-2005
Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 like
On PC, may not be limited to PC
Hack and Slash
3D Over the shoulder, might've been able to switch to first person.
Combat was point and click, though movement could've been with wasd
Genre is Fantasy
The HUD might've had the inventory on the right side
Not talking about Runescape
Character was rather flexible
Character design and such was not cartoonish.

Thanks in advance.
That...really could be just about anything. How about Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 1, Two Worlds 2, and Divinity 2 for starters?

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
acdiazv said:
Hey everyone!

I remember this game I played like in the 2000 or so, I thin it was published about the 90's, in this game you were a kid who jumped off of a bus that was about to explode and so, you started to play; in the game you had to kill some really weird monsters, I particularly remember one of the scenes in which the boy was trapped above a mud lake and he had to manage (by balancing) to cut the rope was tying him or else a worm-like monster emerged from the lake and ate him (nice detail: his leg was left hanging), another of the scenes I remember was him trying to cross a lake by jumping on rocks, but rocks were not rocks, they were other kind of monsters and if he died in this part (another nice detail) some of his clothes were left floating in the lake.

I played this game in my PC, I'm pretty sure it was emulated but I really don't remember what was its original console (sorry) the game was like a "continuous" story and graphics were 3D like. For closing the time-frame I remember I played this game in my PC along with some other games like Disney's Tarzan, Hercules and Tomb Raider. Another detail that I remember (but I'm not so sure of this one) is that the game start screen was dark and the letters of the game's title had a purple shadow.

Do you know the game and/or its title?

I'd really appreciate your help in this, not knowing the name of this game is making me nuts!!

Thank you very much!! :D

Heart of Darkness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyZfME5XYY#t=201

TinariKao

Oct 13, 2008
John Demetriou said:
Hi there, Ive been looking for this game for about 10 years now and I think I found it once but didn't save it and now cant find it again! All I can remember is that you start walking through a forest or something and you need to go into a castle, its an RPG. To get passed a part you have to make something cry with an onion. Another part you walk in to a room and a big blade cuts your head off. When you die you go to the doctor and you are a skeleton. Thats all I know. Please help! P.S Its a DOS game. I use to play it before we had windows 95, when "my computer" was File Manager.
Thanks
Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Uninvited are all DOS games where when you die you may see a skeleton/skull/reaper. Is it like those? Anything else you can recall?