Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Edman520

Oct 14, 2014
Ok this has been bothering me for soooooo long. There is this online game that I used to play on my computer. Basically there were lots of different levels and each level you had to fight one person. The people were small and had a big round head. The levels consisted of platforms that you could jump onto to avoid the enemy. Each level had a design that made sense to the person you had to fight. For example there was a level that had a 'snowy' theme and the enemy was an Eskimo. I believe that once you defeat a level you can use any of the parts from the person you have defeated(head, arms, feet) to design you character. You could mix match parts when you beat multiple people. In each level there would be special powerups(or items or something) that would fall from the sky I think. One would be the shrunken which you could through at your enemy multiple times. Another was the rocket or something. Another example of a level is one that was in space and there was a gravity controller and sometimes it would go off and you would be in anti gravity. Well that about all I can remember. Sorry for boring you with this long passage but if anyone knows of anything that might be this game please put it on here. Thank you so much!

Edman520

Oct 14, 2014
Ok this has been bothering me for soooooo long. There is this online game that I used to play on my computer. Basically there were lots of different levels and each level you had to fight one person. The people were small and had a big round head. The levels consisted of platforms that you could jump onto to avoid the enemy. Each level had a design that made sense to the person you had to fight. For example there was a level that had a 'snowy' theme and the enemy was an Eskimo. I believe that once you defeat a level you can use any of the parts from the person you have defeated(head, arms, feet) to design you character. You could mix match parts when you beat multiple people. In each level there would be special powerups(or items or something) that would fall from the sky I think. One would be the shrunken which you could through at your enemy multiple times. Another was the rocket or something. Another example of a level is one that was in space and there was a gravity controller and sometimes it would go off and you would be in anti gravity. Well that about all I can remember. Sorry for boring you with this long passage but if anyone knows of anything that might be this game please put it on here. Thank you so much!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I will try again to ask the game I am looking for:

You play as an Evil Skeleton wearing purple leather medieval clothes.
It have Top-View camera and you kill many epople in a close area.
If you die you bleed and scream until your whole body disappear.

Thank you for your time.

alexwire

Oct 8, 2014
i cant think of a game has been bugging me for ages. fairly certain it was for the PS1 but may of been PS2.

basically an RPG/Shooter game. Cant remember too much although the graphics were quite poor and it had levels but you could choose levels off of the menu to play or re play. i remember one was a big lab type place when you had to kill white coated men, another was in the snow but the one i remember best was a street with buildings on at night, at one end there was an underground train station and a bar type place with a snooker table in, then if you make your way across the map through some buildings there is a long street which had shooters on the roof, and a bank which you entered.

really struggling to think of the objectives of the game but thats about as much as i can remember!

i feel like i know the name, i just cant think of it, for some reason i think it has 3 worlds but that could be false.

Please help! Been trying to find it for so long!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
alexwire said:
i cant think of a game has been bugging me for ages. fairly certain it was for the PS1 but may of been PS2.

basically an RPG/Shooter game. Cant remember too much although the graphics were quite poor and it had levels but you could choose levels off of the menu to play or re play. i remember one was a big lab type place when you had to kill white coated men, another was in the snow but the one i remember best was a street with buildings on at night, at one end there was an underground train station and a bar type place with a snooker table in, then if you make your way across the map through some buildings there is a long street which had shooters on the roof, and a bank which you entered.

really struggling to think of the objectives of the game but thats about as much as i can remember!

i feel like i know the name, i just cant think of it, for some reason i think it has 3 worlds but that could be false.

Please help! Been trying to find it for so long!
It sounds like

Syphon Filter (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H6sU0M5wds

for the PSX.

But, also

C-12 Final Resistance (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9VZHGS-sg

and possibly others, but check out these games first.

Eclyocy

Oct 14, 2014
Hello everyone!
I remember a PC game which I saw at the late 90's or perhaps early 2000's. I really wish to find this one.
This game is a kind of Lode Runner. But: your opponents are mummies, and you can hide from them inside some sarcophaguses. I suppose the player was white and the mummies were red (might be otherwise).
The main thing I remember - every few levels you were shown a short funny video about your player and those mummies. One of them was like:
player runs to the left border of the screen, sees a mummy, runs back to a sarcophagus, hides in it, and when the mummy is walking just near his hideout - he trips the mob up.

gully

Oct 10, 2014
diablo rules said:
gully said:
I pretty much registered here solely for the purpose of posting in this topic.

This has been bothering me for YEARS and this seems like the best place to ask.

About 16 or so years ago I bought a game for my Playstation 1 that I CANNOT remember of the name of. It was one of those campy, live-action games that dissolved into animation, and was about a woman whose father was a scientist. At the start of the game there's some freak accident in his lab and she nearly dies, and in order to preserve her body he has to keep it in this liquid chamber. She turns into this half-woman half-alien-creature-thing with silver hair and silver armor. In order for her to stay alive she has to eat human organs.

I'm not sure if the game took place in some post-apocalyptic-type place or what but as this woman, you basically go out and shoot stuff and eat their organs to replenish health.

The back of the game had this quote like "Daddy's little girl is out to save the world" or something like that.

Any ideas?
Steel Harbinger (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWJrgzrACc
OFFICIALLY convinced you guys are involved in witch craft. Holy crap, that was the vaguest damn description and you totally got it.

Jesus I remember being super mad as a kid while I was playing this, because I couldn't read and didn't know what was going on once the cutscenes ended. omg my childhood.

THANK YOU.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
LolaOTR said:
Hey Guys,

i´m looking for an old Beat-Em-Up which played on some Construction-Zone in the first Stage and some other Stages i guess. The Player´s Figure was some Construction-Worker i think and he was wearing this typical yellow Security-Helmet. At one point at the Stage a voice said something like: "Let´s get Billy" or something similar to this...
In the Stage you could destroy some Bags with Sand or Beton or something in it. Thats all i remember - so long ago... ;)

I´ve played this game in 1994, so it must be from this year or some years before.

Anyone an Idea which game this was?

Greez, Lola

Hello,

Maybe it's Hammerin' Harry on the NES,check this at 1min 24sec : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXwyJR0zCM

and at 0min 34sec for the voice,who actually says "let's get busy!".

Hope it help! ;)

Julia Mae Alvarez

Oct 14, 2014
Frenchcake said:
I used to play a game (I think in the late 90s or early 2000s) on my computer. I'm pretty sure it was on a disk. You were a robot on Earth and there were aliens there taking the people. The object was to save the people by touching them. In the first level, you were on a farm where there were evil tomatoes, onions, and corn that you had to kill. Does anyone remember the name of this game? I've searched all over and it's making my head hurt.
You're probably thinking of the game Otto Matic.

Escapingyoubby

Oct 14, 2014
Alright I think I have a challenge, I had this one game when I was little and it was for PC. I remember playing it in the early 2000s but I most likely came out before then. All I remember is that you played as a little girl and her robot but it was like, her imagination and it was all pretend. I think you also had a dog and a boy character too but I'm not sure. I do remember that you had to go on space adventures with your robot but I don't actually remember the plot. It was a colourful kids game and I'm pretty sure the gameplay was made mostly up of mini games. I remember one part you were in a circus like area and one part you had to I through certain coloured tubes to get where you needed to go and there was an elevator cutscene in that bit. Plus at one point in the circus bit I think there was a robot cop stopping you from passing. I also remember it had an ad for a second game from the same series I think. It also came with a demo and it was something about a chocolate place.
Sorry if this is a terrible description but it's all I remember, have fun trying to find it.

Michael8923

Oct 14, 2014
Back in the mid 90s I got a small black console that came with a 100 games in 1 cartridge or something like that.
It wasn't a Sega and I don't think that it was a well know console either.

Now, there was a 2d side scrolling game that I played a lot on the console, the start of the first level had you avoiding a HUGE boulder that was rolling down a big (steep) hill. The level was grassy. That is all I can remember,sorry :(

I had this console when I was very young, I got it after my SNES.

Can anybody please help me identify this game,It would mean so much.

I have been trying to find out what it was called for a LONG LONG time.

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
*gently points to the first sticky thread*

Can't help you with this one, though, since the only game that would come to mind is the awesome Rick Dangerous, which was indoors mostly and might even be older than SNES.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Yeah, this doesn't really need its own thread.

In the meantime, look for clones of the game Jungle Hunt. That sounds a lot like what you're looking for, so I would start there.

Sheen Lantern

May 13, 2013
Random Gamer said:
Can't help you with this one, though, since the only game that would come to mind is the awesome Rick Dangerous, which was indoors mostly and might even be older than SNES.
Huh, I was playing Spelunky once and my mom walked past and asked if I was playing Rick Dangerous. What's it like?

Zombiegirly

Apr 4, 2010
Looking for 2 mid-90's dungeon crawlers, that were practically the same game only they had different skins (one was the typical castle-like dungeon, the other was on a spaceship or space station). The games came in a bundle pack, called something like "200 Games for Windows". The perspective of both games were first-person. IN THE CASTLE ONE: The walls were grey brick. There were different floors. One room had a "gold ore vein". There was a green dragon that could kill you instantly. IN THE SPACE ONE: It just looked very futuristic, with blue walls. Instead of a dragon there was an alien that could kill you instantly. Many locked doors in which you had to find other rooms that happened to have keycards to unlock them. If I remember correctly, there was no way to save a game in progress - if you died, you had to start all over.

Midna1988

Oct 13, 2014
Eclyocy said:
Hello everyone!
I remember a PC game which I saw at the late 90's or perhaps early 2000's. I really wish to find this one.
This game is a kind of Lode Runner. But: your opponents are mummies, and you can hide from them inside some sarcophaguses. I suppose the player was white and the mummies were red (might be otherwise).
The main thing I remember - every few levels you were shown a short funny video about your player and those mummies. One of them was like:
player runs to the left border of the screen, sees a mummy, runs back to a sarcophagus, hides in it, and when the mummy is walking just near his hideout - he trips the mob up.
It sounds exactly like lode runner:

Lode Runner: The Legend Returns - 1994
and
Lode Runner On-Line: Mad Monk's Revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHZM-jEBH0

BarlowIX

Oct 15, 2014
There was this game that I use to play on the Original Xbox, it was a combat/magic game and I remember a level where there was a giant red spider and you were fighting it on a spiders web with a dark-red background.

Anyone have any ideas what this game is!? I remember it was amazing aha

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
Zombiegirly said:
Looking for 2 mid-90's dungeon crawlers, that were practically the same game only they had different skins (one was the typical castle-like dungeon, the other was on a spaceship or space station). The games came in a bundle pack, called something like "200 Games for Windows". The perspective of both games were first-person. IN THE CASTLE ONE: The walls were grey brick. There were different floors. One room had a "gold ore vein". There was a green dragon that could kill you instantly. IN THE SPACE ONE: It just looked very futuristic, with blue walls. Instead of a dragon there was an alien that could kill you instantly. Many locked doors in which you had to find other rooms that happened to have keycards to unlock them. If I remember correctly, there was no way to save a game in progress - if you died, you had to start all over.
The space one sounds like it could Corridor 7 from 1994.

Quietus

Sep 5, 2014
Zen.Gamer said:
Quietus said:
Quietus said:
Okay, so It's been so freaking long I can't hardly remember anything about this game.
From what I remember, it was on the PC. It was a side scrolling game sort of like Prince of Persia, set in middle ages. I remember that the main character goes to the sewers of the city, where he encounters puddles of slime on the ground, they's extend a tentacle of slime and attack the player (I believe he's armed with a dagger), and if you tried to jump over them, they'd extend to the roof, engulfing you, stay there for a moment, then sink back to the ground revealing a pile of your bones. Additionally, there were crushing ceiling traps, pitfalls, and other things... I think that the character's health is indicated with clovers? Also, a line at the end of the game sticks out in my head, where the villain says "Prepare to Die" and your character, snarky as he is says "Oh, prepare to die yourself."

These are the only details about this game I can remember.

*EDIT* I have been googling the hell out of this for three months. You guys are my last hope.
Dying. Halp!
The only thing I can think of is Dragon's Lair. I've never played it, but it fits some of your description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc9Hjdd6q1o
That's not it. But it is the right kind of style. Sometimes I'm not certain if I'm just making this thing up. In which case I need to pursue game development... I can also say that it's not any of the Dark Castle games, thought those games kind of ring bells, too. Most game searches I've done bring up a whole bunch of point-and-click games like Kings Quest and Broken Sword, but from what I can recall, this was just a 2D "Cinematic Platformer"

I think the villain is the Earl or Duke or something... I can't remember the overarching plot.[/quote]

Bump again. Starting to think it doesn't exist. :(