Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

justiciero

Jan 16, 2015
Doomgriever said:
justiciero said:
Hi there,

I'm looking for a PSX game, in which the first mision has something to do with a car bomb. It's not GTA, and it's not Driver, and it's not Die Hard Trilogy. (I remember something in the tittle like cops, or pólice, but I'm not sure...)

If I remember well, you're the police and have to arrive to the place where the car bomb is parked, before it explodes.

The graphics look similar to Fighting Force 2.

Anyone can remember? I rented it and it was very fun, not an spectacular game, but very fun.
Urban Chaos? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/urban-chaos/3030-15032/images/ )

That's the game!!! Thanks a lot man!!

DXMax

Jan 14, 2015
rubytuesday said:
I know i'm posting twice but this is bugging the crap out of me, so when i was really young i played this game that was top down( in the same way Pokemon is) played a lot like Pokemon to in the way that it was a turn based combat, and there was a party of like 3 or 4 people with you and i remember one level area there was this giant tent for like carnivals and there was a lot of enemies in there, also the graphics looked a lot like 2nd 3rd gen Pokemon. sorry i keep comparing it to Pokemon but its all i have, oh also there was like magic spells and whatnot that some of your party members could cast to hurt baddies and stuff, i have literally been searching for this game for years and Google has nothing for me.
Do you remember what console you played it on? Gameboy, NES, PC etc...? I may be way off, but another game I can think of that that has turn based attacks and multiple party members and lots of enemies which is kind of like Pokemon is Earthbound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mxh1d4oXI

rubytuesday

Apr 25, 2013
Nah its not earthbound, thanks thought, although, man the more i think about this game the more i feel i have explained it wrong... like i'm remembering something else....

wolfgamerxxx

Jan 17, 2015
Hello fellow threaders! I am looking for a game thats on a floppy disc.
You start out as a burgalar steal jewels or some shit but than you find out your trapped in side a mansion of some sort there is other people in the mansion as well. All of a sudden people start getting murdered! You than must solve the murders. Please if anyone knows this game id really love to play it again.

mrpinbert

Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys.

I have been looking high and dry for this pc game.

You play as a dog like creature, standing on two feet. You use guns and you can jump very high.
You have to shoot other creatures like green slimes and other animal like creatures.
it's a 2d shooter and the first level is in a jungle type area. The level was really large and could maybe be compared to metroidvania type gameplay.

Also you had eyes as a life indicator somewhere on the bottom of the screen I believe, and they would get more red the more often you got shot.

This is all how i remember it so it might not be entirely correct.

Also I believe the dog creature would often stick it's tongue out.

Rebekah Helvie

Jan 7, 2015
diablo rules said:
Rebekah Helvie said:
Hi, all. There's a game the name of which I cannot remember, and my dad can't remember it either.

It's a Snake-type game, only it was a little train engine that would leave a track behind it as you moved it around the screen to pick up stuff and you had to avoid running into the track. It's not Vlak, but it's similar to it. It was in either the late 80s or very early 90s. My dad says the computer we had at that time was an x286 CPU with a 30mb disk on it. The monitor was just green on black, so the game was very simplistic in its graphics; one color only.

I have done SO much Googling and looking at the Internet Archive and MobyGames and other old computer game websites, and I just cannot find the exact game that I'm remembering.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give!
Tommy's Gorilla Ball Train (1987)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/tommys-gorilla-ball-train
Unfortunately, no, that isn't it. The train looked like an actual locomotive engine and the track looked like actual railroad tracks.

My dad said our monitor was a one-color, green on black monitor, but for some reason my brain is remembering the game in orange on black.

thoughtwrangler

Sep 29, 2014
Alex Tay said:
hi all, I used to play a pc game around year 2000+ which is an airplane top down shooting game. In the game, you control an aircraft flying on an alien planet shooting down enemies with lasers, bombs, missiles etc. In total each planet has 5 stages if not mistaken, before proceeding to the next planet. After each stage you are able to upgrade your weapons using points you accumulated in the stages by killing enemies. Some of the weapon names that i recall are 1) Missiles: Pathfinder, Magnum, Needle. 2) Bombs: Air filter. 3) Satellites(Shields): Ghost, Volcano, Starlight, Guardian. 4) Gunner. Any idea what is the name of this game? Please help, Im desperate to find out what was this game that I've played in my childhood. Thanks :)
I could be mistaken, because it's been a long time since I played it, but I wonder if it might be Tyrian/Tyrian2000? I'll have to check out the weapons list in that game, but it sounds awfully similar.

If not, it's free on GOG and probably a few other places and might scratch the itch while you're searching :)

Alex Tay

Dec 23, 2014
thoughtwrangler said:
Alex Tay said:
hi all, I used to play a pc game around year 2000+ which is an airplane top down shooting game. In the game, you control an aircraft flying on an alien planet shooting down enemies with lasers, bombs, missiles etc. In total each planet has 5 stages if not mistaken, before proceeding to the next planet. After each stage you are able to upgrade your weapons using points you accumulated in the stages by killing enemies. Some of the weapon names that i recall are 1) Missiles: Pathfinder, Magnum, Needle. 2) Bombs: Air filter. 3) Satellites(Shields): Ghost, Volcano, Starlight, Guardian. 4) Gunner. Any idea what is the name of this game? Please help, Im desperate to find out what was this game that I've played in my childhood. Thanks :)
I could be mistaken, because it's been a long time since I played it, but I wonder if it might be Tyrian/Tyrian2000? I'll have to check out the weapons list in that game, but it sounds awfully similar.

If not, it's free on GOG and probably a few other places and might scratch the itch while you're searching :)
The graphics is quite similar, but it's not that tho :( the game only allows single player. Anyway thanks for sharing :)

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Drathnoxis said:
Voulan said:
2) This game I have no idea what it was originally on, other than some form of computer. The game featured some sort of male adventurer, who had to make his way from the left side of the screen to the right (or vice versa), all the while avoiding large monsters that patrol up and down the length of the screen. The idea was to dash across when they had their back turned on him. There may have been gemstone collecting and boulder pushing, but that might be me merging two games together. :D
OREayda said:
I've been looking for something for years that falls into your second description pretty perfectly. Any way you've figured it out after three years??
It sounds like Emerald Mine for the Amiga to me. The game was all about collecting gems and pushing boulders and you had no direct way of killing the monsters except using boulders so there was a lot of avoiding too.

By the way, Voulan, what game is your avatar from?
That definitely looks like the image I have in my head of the gemstone collecting side. Thanks!

Although it's definitely evident that I have combined two different games because it doesn't fit my memory of the vertical-scrolling monsters. At least that's one piece of the puzzle sorted.

My avatar isn't from a game, it's from an artistic parody of another artist's work using Mario with the seagull across his face. I just thought it was adorable and cut him out and changed the background. You can see the original here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126484-Magritte-Meets-Mario-In-Pixelated-Art-Mashups

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Voulan said:
That definitely looks like the image I have in my head of the gemstone collecting side. Thanks!

Although it's definitely evident that I have combined two different games because it doesn't fit my memory of the vertical-scrolling monsters. At least that's one piece of the puzzle sorted.
Really? Cause level 4 (EDIT:whoops, I meant lvl 3) is entirely scrolling monster that need to be avoided.
Voulan said:
My avatar isn't from a game, it's from an artistic parody of another artist's work using Mario with the seagull across his face. I just thought it was adorable and cut him out and changed the background. You can see the original here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126484-Magritte-Meets-Mario-In-Pixelated-Art-Mashups
Huh, I thought it would have to be from a game since I thought I saw it on a video game quiz game called Geek Mind. Also someone made it in pearlers and called it a "goonie". (Unless that was you)

I guess that will have to be my own question on here.

LostVillager

Jan 18, 2015
Ramon Bastos said:
blurryrox said:
Hey guys, i've been searching for this game i played for years..
i couldnt remember the name.. gahhh very frustrating..
well the game is like this. it is a PC games
1.you are controlling a yellow thingy unit and make a village
2.it will need energy to build, so you need to grow apples
3.it play the sound "nyum! nyum!" repeatedly while eating the apples.
4. the yellow thingy will die if you order it to make a wall because
it will use all of his energy when building a wall.
5.the enemy is a blue alien.
OMG this is the game i´ve been looking for! Anyone knows this? I remember the loading screen was the image of a little red house, with flowers on the windows (yes, girly).

A little gift for you guys

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Lots of games I´ve seen on this thread are there, free to play on your browser.
I remember those yellow units had a funny voice and used to say things like "I'm on my way" after an order was given, or "Impossible" if it couldn't be done.

I've been looking for this game for years. I think you were able to create weapons with some resources.

By the way, does anyone remember an old PC game (like mid 90s), a city builder usually located on an island where you create a touristic village or city? It was something like SimCity, but simple and 'vacation-themed'.

Judaris

Jan 18, 2015
Okay, in the game you play a warrior with a cape with black and a longsword, his name is Max or Maxwell something like that. I remember it being for the gamecube and PS2 I think. The menu screen is the character in a cemetery and the different menu screens are gravestones. The whole game you are fighting undead creatures etc. If anyone could help that would be great

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
LostVillager said:
Ramon Bastos said:
blurryrox said:
Hey guys, i've been searching for this game i played for years..
i couldnt remember the name.. gahhh very frustrating..
well the game is like this. it is a PC games
1.you are controlling a yellow thingy unit and make a village
2.it will need energy to build, so you need to grow apples
3.it play the sound "nyum! nyum!" repeatedly while eating the apples.
4. the yellow thingy will die if you order it to make a wall because
it will use all of his energy when building a wall.
5.the enemy is a blue alien.
OMG this is the game i´ve been looking for! Anyone knows this? I remember the loading screen was the image of a little red house, with flowers on the windows (yes, girly).

A little gift for you guys

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Lots of games I´ve seen on this thread are there, free to play on your browser.
I remember those yellow units had a funny voice and used to say things like "I'm on my way" after an order was given, or "Impossible" if it couldn't be done.

I've been looking for this game for years. I think you were able to create weapons with some resources.

By the way, does anyone remember an old PC game (like mid 90s), a city builder usually located on an island where you create a touristic village or city? It was something like SimCity, but simple and 'vacation-themed'.
Maybe: Planet Blupi,for the first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFkWmwtba8

The second game should be : Holiday Island http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3RVpEphXw

Blayder

Jan 7, 2015
The game I don't remember in any way the name, I played in windows 95
I don't remember very well, I can be missing somhintg or not...

-This game is totally in 2D

-It have enemies, ladder to go up and down to explorer the stage,

-For pass to another level, you need reach a door (a portal or something like that, brighting in green color.)

-To reach other places in th level, you have a bomb to destroy walls

-I don't think this is right, but... you need a key to open the door for other level,

-So like other games, enemyie to destroy or avoid

Nathan Hibberd

Jan 18, 2015
I have been looking for a pc game for so long where i played the demo all i can remember is you get beached on an island with your character and some some soldiers. You can find some wild horses which you can get your soldiers to ride. You then find a like settlement thing which you get people to then build and havest wood. Just outside the settlement there are farms which you send your people to havest. There are also enemy soldiers which you have to defeat and if i remember you also can set fire to there wall with torches or something. Its been about 10 years since i played but i hope someone can help been looking for so long. Also i remember the enemies wore yellow armour.

banana333

Jan 18, 2015
The game i'm looking for is a fighting, beat em up, side scrolling, 2D game from 80s to 00s.
Your character is a guy in red i think, in stage one.
In stage two you are some girl in purple.
The HP of enemy bosses, not sure if the main character's aswell, are at the bottom center of the screen.
In stage 4 there are two bosses that are dark purple and i think one or both of them wield a pole or a pipe.You can press the select button that will allow you to transform, but only during boss fights.
Then there's some black boxer guy in red shorts in the arena or a ring that has only two health bars but is really tough, there are a few more boxers like him throughout the game.
I'm not sure about this next one at all but i think the final boss is a dragon or something like that.
If anyone can help me find this game it would be awesome.

Ryan Cardin

Jan 18, 2015
I'd really appreciate help finding this old PC game but I don't know very much about it. Possibly windows 95 or 98 platform based mid to late 90's turned based adventure game. You play a squad of maybe 3-5 commando style characters but you are in a futuristic space station type setting where aliens are trying to kill you. I know it's not much but hopefully someone can help out.

haseo57

Jan 18, 2015
So, there is a game that i played a few years ago, and the closest genre i could think of would be an adventure game, like Syberia. It starts off with you playing the role of a boy in a cursed town, and you do missions for the towns people. One point that stuck out to me is there was a fairy in a cage hanging from the tree in the center of town, with guards deciding on whether to kill her. there is also a a magic shop with a transmutation circle on the floor, and an armor shop across the street that has a secret basement. the look of the town was medieval, was also a mill on a hill that had a huge dog guarding it.

thats all i can remember from it. if anyone has played it and remembers what its called, please let me know!

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Ryan Cardin said:
I'd really appreciate help finding this old PC game but I don't know very much about it. Possibly windows 95 or 98 platform based mid to late 90's turned based adventure game. You play a squad of maybe 3-5 commando style characters but you are in a futuristic space station type setting where aliens are trying to kill you. I know it's not much but hopefully someone can help out.
Mabye "Incubation" (1997), a spin-off of the "Battle Isle" series?

Abhishek Pushkar

Jan 18, 2015
somebody please help ... there was a game with a man holds a stick in his hand and uses that stick as a weapon to kill enemies and also uses it to jump .... he bends the stick on the wall and flips 3 times in the backward direction ... i didnt remember the game ... that man looks like mario .. but he is not mario .. he knows some kind of kung fu ..