Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Cheers everyone, maybe you could help me out with a game I vaguely remember.

It's an adventure game.
I'm pretty sure it's first person, though not 100%
It uses very early 3D graphics
I think it takes place on a space station

The most notable feature was that you didn't have traditional dialogue options, but rather you cobbled your inquiries from a selection of words, which made every conversation mildly frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

SamGleesh

Mar 1, 2015
What's going on guys I need help.
For a while I've been trying to remember this game I vaguely remember playing it at a friends house and having tons of fun.
The game was in third person and I think it was for ps2.
You started off on a character select screen and the characters were these different warrior type people and once you selected one you fight tons of enemies, 1 vs many.
It wasn't modern type warfare it was more classic with war axes and swords and horses and such, it was soooo much fun please anyone who can tell me the name of this game it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
Jandau said:

It's an adventure game.

The most notable feature was that you didn't have traditional dialogue options, but rather you cobbled your inquiries from a selection of words, which made every conversation mildly frustrating.

"The Space Bar" perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoOEf7X-lQ

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
TheArcaneThinker said:
Brownie80 said:
TheArcaneThinker said:
I am searching for old PC fps . Decent graphics for the time , full 3D . Similar to Half life 1 , maybe better.... The game had 4 type of levels with varied themes. One with lava and fire , one with flying platforms/rocks , forest , one with a dark city like atmosphere and buildings , etc . Each level gave a different character to play . Enemies included , fat males with a cannon instead of their right arm.... Spider like creatures , dinosaur like reptiles who threw fire , humanoids with metal spikes , etc . The health and ammo appeared as floating colourful blocks . The game had a ton of weapons . Equipment used to float just like health and ammo and used to rotate around itself . Jukeboxes could be turned on to listen to music . The forest level had a scene where you go near a car to drive it but the enemy blows the car .

The game was a part of my childhood , so if anyone can tell me its name , i shall be thankful .
I have a strong feeling that it might be Quake? That seems about right. Its the only game I can think of that has all those enemies.
Nope :(
Did you look at Kiss Psycho Circus? It had a whole lot of those things.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
SamGleesh said:
For a while I've been trying to remember this game I vaguely remember playing it at a friends house and having tons of fun.
You started off on a character select screen and the characters were these different warrior type people and once you selected one you fight tons of enemies, 1 vs many.
It wasn't modern type warfare it was more classic with war axes and swords and horses and such, it was soooo much fun please anyone who can tell me the name of this game it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Maybe: Dynasty Warriors 2 for Playstation 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuK1-ubXbyA

or Dynasty Warriors 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-PRPdhLb78

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Jandau said:

It's an adventure game.

Sentient (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efirsmvY2sA

Brandon Hughes

Feb 28, 2015
Trying to remember a tactical turn-based webgame from the mid-2000s. Does anyone remember it?

My friends and I played it in 2004-2005, the game was a free online game where there was a 2d grid (maybe 12x12 or 16x16) that was bird's-eye-view, two players spawned creatures or vehicles (t-rex, flying saucer, tank, etc) to fight each other. The goal of the game was to defeat all the other player's creatures using your creatures or elementals (like fire or slime that spread one square in every direction after each player's turn). The different creatures would do different attacks and have different attack and movement ranges.

SamGleesh

Mar 1, 2015
thedkm said:
SamGleesh said:

Maybe: Dynasty Warriors 2 for Playstation 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuK1-ubXbyA

Thank you for the suggestion but no it wasn't dynasty warriors although I can see how you came to that, the character selection was more like wwe 2k15 if you've ever seen that, like a grid of characters. Also I dont remember the game having any HUD or at least not a lot of it. And this is just a guess because I don't remember but I think you picked your character and then you were just given a random map which was fairly large and you fought people, pretty basic but i can't remember anything else lmao, thanks for trying though.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
SamGleesh said:
thedkm said:
SamGleesh said:

Thank you for the suggestion but no it wasn't dynasty warriors although I can see how you came to that, the character selection was more like wwe 2k15 if you've ever seen that, like a grid of characters. Also I dont remember the game having any HUD or at least not a lot of it. And this is just a guess because I don't remember but I think you picked your character and then you were just given a random map which was fairly large and you fought people, pretty basic but i can't remember anything else lmao, thanks for trying though.
Check out

Dynasty Warriors 4 - Empires (2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guFoYki1Eng

it has the characters on a grid. Also note that it is somewhat different from the original Dynasty Warriors 4.. could be also Dynasty Warriors 5 - Empires (2006)

Rob Schraner

Mar 2, 2015
HElpppp this thread is awesome... I haven't gone through all the pages.. but i'm really hoping someone can help me..

it used to be a google chrome extension game ( when I search my history the logo doesn't show up)

it was an up to 4 player battle arena type game where you have various weapons.. rocket launchers etc
even had it's own wikia page
I know the game is no longer listed under chrome games I believe it was a facebook game for a while but can't find it there either

you could be various creatures a rabbit, i believe turtle or dog even
you had basically ten seconds or so to make your move..it was very quickly paced
also it was 2d

you would jump around with keyboard and aim your weapon with mouse for the trajectory.. it's kind of hard to explain but it was turn based.. you had a short period of time to use your weapons.. there also was different game modes where you could be on teams of 2 or it was all for one...anyway the cover of the game i'm pretty sure is of like a rabbit with a rocket launcher.. thanks..

oh yeah and the drawings look very similar to fun run games.. thank you

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
diablo rules said:
Jandau said:

It's an adventure game.

Sentient (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efirsmvY2sA
Bingo! Thank you kindly, good sir :)

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Starbird said:
The first is probably easy. It ran on the HL1 engine. Shooter. Had a sort of Turok/Mad Max/Alien feel to it. There was a cyborg lady who helped you, and on the final level built a body for herself. There was a bit where you have to refuel a car or something. There was a gun that mixed different chemicals. Oh - and there was this massive white monster you never got a clear look at that constantly dropped in out of the darkness.

The second is really tough. Old fantasty RTS, but you had no units. You could only build bridges and static turrets.
The first one could be Gunman Chronicles. The second one might be Netstorm. Both are pretty much shots in the dark :)

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
Starbird said:
The first is probably easy. It ran on the HL1 engine. Shooter. Had a sort of Turok/Mad Max/Alien feel to it. There was a cyborg lady who helped you, and on the final level built a body for herself. There was a bit where you have to refuel a car or something. There was a gun that mixed different chemicals. Oh - and there was this massive white monster you never got a clear look at that constantly dropped in out of the darkness.

The second is really tough. Old fantasty RTS, but you had no units. You could only build bridges and static turrets.

Third one is pretty recent but I just cannot remember the title! Half Life 2 ish shooter with a zombie/monster feel. I think there was also something time travel related or portal related, but not certain.
The 1st one sounds like Gunman Chronicles
http://www.oldpcgaming.net/gunman-chronicles/

Brittany Ann

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone! Okay so my memory only carries bits and pieces of these two games, but I am hoping with some of the minor details at least somebody out there will know what I am talking about.

First game: You are a robot on a farm. You have to kill a bunch of aliens that are trying to abduct the people on the farm? Not for sure. I also remember there being evil food.. like tomatoes or something. It was from the late 90's early 2000's. There were also different levels/places to this game. I think you could save the humans by just touching them? It was like 3Dish and on the computer.

Second game: You can play as dinosaurs and you have to fight off aliens. I remember a bunch of dinosaur eggs that you could hatch. No idea if you could play as the aliens or not. This was also on the computer and around the same time as the first game I mentioned.

Sorry that those both have such little information! I wish I could remember more. It's killing my soul to figure these two out and Google isn't helping.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Starbird said:

Third one is pretty recent but I just cannot remember the title! Half Life 2 ish shooter with a zombie/monster feel. I think there was also something time travel related or portal related, but not certain.
And the third one maybe "Singularity"? Had some time travelling, some monsters, most enemies were human though, iirc.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Mutant1988 said:
TheArcaneThinker said:
Brownie80 said:
TheArcaneThinker said:
I am searching for old PC fps . Decent graphics for the time , full 3D . Similar to Half life 1 , maybe better.... The game had 4 type of levels with varied themes. One with lava and fire , one with flying platforms/rocks , forest , one with a dark city like atmosphere and buildings , etc . Each level gave a different character to play . Enemies included , fat males with a cannon instead of their right arm.... Spider like creatures , dinosaur like reptiles who threw fire , humanoids with metal spikes , etc . The health and ammo appeared as floating colourful blocks . The game had a ton of weapons . Equipment used to float just like health and ammo and used to rotate around itself . Jukeboxes could be turned on to listen to music . The forest level had a scene where you go near a car to drive it but the enemy blows the car .

The game was a part of my childhood , so if anyone can tell me its name , i shall be thankful .
I have a strong feeling that it might be Quake? That seems about right. Its the only game I can think of that has all those enemies.
Nope :(
Did you look at Kiss Psycho Circus? It had a whole lot of those things.
Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !

I did check that game once but when I saw clowns and a different level design , I though that this game couldnt be the one I played but after seeing some gameplay of it , I found out that it was indeed the one I was searching for . Thank you once again .

SamGleesh

Mar 1, 2015
diablo rules said:
SamGleesh said:
thedkm said:
SamGleesh said:

Check out

it has the characters on a grid. Also note that it is somewhat different from the original Dynasty Warriors 4.. could be also Dynasty Warriors 5 - Empires (2006)[/quote
Nah]
diablo rules said:
SamGleesh said:
thedkm said:
SamGleesh said:

Check out

it has the characters on a grid. Also note that it is somewhat different from the original Dynasty Warriors 4.. could be also Dynasty Warriors 5 - Empires (2006)
Nah it wasn't the dynasty warriors franchise, idk I'm clueless lnao.

The Neck Braker

Feb 20, 2015
diablo rules said:
The Neck Braker said:
I remember playing an old game about breaking into a big house/mansion as an assassin and killing guards and you had a bow and arrow which you could get a blue head/ice head and red head/fire head on the arrows and kill guards with them and you failed if guards knew you were there. Also you started off outside with 2 guards talking to each other by a big door and a lit up mansion and you had to go to the left to climb up, over some stuff through a window please help? IT IS NOT ASSASSINS CREED please anyone with an idea of what it was called or know what it was called please message me it was also a CD ONLY FOR pc game (I THINK) not off a website and only single player I believe.
Thief - The Dark Project (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg61X2Lg-qQ

or

Thief II - The Metal Age (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_KYQUGvbg
Sorry this doesnt ring any bells dude i think it was a little bit more modern and less skyrimy with the potions and stealing bread.