Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

sseebbyy

Nov 14, 2015
Hello all ! Registered here only to find out an old game's name that I remember :D

All I remember about this game is that the player is a ... dinosaur that is searching for his family.
Textures are all cartoonish.

Hope someone knows what game I am talking about, and it's name . :)

Quiteso

Nov 15, 2015
Thanx for trying dude... but that's not the game :(

I wish I had more details too share but that's all I have :(

Guess I will never find this game again?

I Googled the phrase "Your turret is under attack" (in quotes) and ... maybe this is it? Aweomenauts? Seems to match a lot of the description. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn90OhdMFDo

edit: okay apparently this game was made in 2012 so it's far too new. Still, though, seems to match a lot of your description, weirdly enough!!

Zaltys said:
Quiteso said:

I just can't remember the name. I wondered if it could be some kind of "Might and Magic" game but after googling/YouTubing loads of variants of that game/name, I still can't find it! It must be something else.
If it reminds you of Might and Magic franchise, then maybe King's Bounty is a remote possibility. Since it was a precursor to Heroes of Might and Magic, and warrior and sorceress were two of the character choices.

[/quote]

Afraid that's not it, but thank you! I believe the graphics were a bit better than that. Hmmmm this game is proving to be quite the mystery to uncover... I just can't find it anywhere!

[QUOTE=Zaltys]
[QUOTE=Quiteso]
- A first person RPG and it wasn't an Elder Scrolls game! ...[/QUOTE]
That kind of sounds like Legends of Valour. But probably not, since it's widely known as one of the worst games ever.[/quote]

Hmm you know... that... might be it :O it was so long ago I still can't be sure, but if that was the game then it certainly does look awful! Lol. I'll watch a few more YT videos and see if anything triggers my memory... Thank you!

[QUOTE=Zaltys]
[quote]- Surprisingly difficult to find, an old, sidescrolling Apache helicopter game. I think the background scenery was jungle-like. I remember shooting missles. This one is a bit older than the others I think, possibly on the Amiga.[/QUOTE]
Apocalypse?
[img src=http://www.ppa.pl/artykuly/pics/sekcje/strefa2/apocalypse/apocalypse02.gif][/quote]

Omg nostalgia!! Yes that's the one, thank you! :D

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
DosAdict said:
I'm getting a bit desperate trying to find out which game this was...

It was for MS Dos, I think I played it on a 486.

The game was kind of like street fighter but with robots / mechs / robo-girls.

You could also unlock some full screen pictures of posing manga girls, and the more you'd progress through the game the less clothes the girls would have on (not that they would reveal anything more than a boob or two).

You started in some kind of bar or lobby where you could click on different items to start the fights, or see the girls ;) ...

Any clues what this game was are welcome! After endless google searches I did not find anything : (

Thanks!!
I think that might've been Metal & Lace: The Battle of the Robo Babes [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0NhXCPTzA].

cheeze

Nov 17, 2015
need help finding an old ps2 game, where you would play as a ( undercover,i think not 100'% sure) cop. all i remember is it was in a big city like new york or la. and you could get a cop car from a police garage. I've checked out true crime the game but thats not the game I'm looking for

Diamond Minecrafter

Nov 13, 2015
hello! i have posted severl other posts but im not just going to give up..I had this game as a kid.the main character was a girl and she was preparing for an Archery Contest.The game starts with with her in bed and her mom yelling to wake up.The game was an RPG Adventure with turn-based combat system.First you have to meet up with her friend in some kind of a church.He gives you some kind of ring and then you have to find her cat.It was an open-world kinds game and you couold explore the whole world at one point.That one detail i remember however is that there was this cavern in which you would hear a flute playing,and there would be a ghost of a kid that plays flute.Thats that one thing i remember clearly about the game.Im tryin to find it online but i just cant remember the name of the game!It was a pc game and i can remember the main menu screen.It featured the main caracter but not like in game.At main menu it was like anime girl but in game it was like your Pokemon avatar.The gameplay is similar to Pokemon as well!

I played it in 2005 i think but the game i think is older than that.
And i remember some kind of circles that after one point in game when you stand in them you can morph into a bird and fly around.

And there where 3 characters in game that have been searching for you because of some prophecie (whats with the prophecies?) and during the archery contest i mentioned one of them notices some kind of power just before you shoot out the arrow.

If you know of any such game please do reply!Thanks in advance!

adek111

Nov 13, 2015
adek111 said:
Hello guys, I think that would be heavy :)

I just recalled a game I was playing when I was a kid, I played that in ~1999-2001 so the game is probably from 90s.
That was a first-person-view adventure game, point-and-click. There wasn't many animations as I recall correctly, more like static images with clickable things (like image of room and you could click on the letter on desk etc.). I recall that on the start (maybe first or second location), there was a letter from uncle or grandpa(?) and you haven't met any person in first locations (more like empty rooms with traces or garden e.g). I don't know, maybe I had to find this uncle/grandpa, unfortunately I don't remember.

These images were pretty colorful as I recall (it's hard to call it 'video' game) and the title contains few words (I mean not one, but more like 4-5).

That's all I remember, hope you will help me :)
anyone?

sufi633

Apr 10, 2013
Looking for a western game that was from the mid 90's. It was a first person adventure game, I would say kind of like Myst, where you would walk around this town and talk to the towns people. The people you would talk to were real people probably one of those Quicktime required games.

I do not remember the point of the game but I think there was a cut scene at the star where a card game goes wrong and that is the start of the game.

EDIT: Found the game! For those that are interested it's called Dust: A Tale of the Wired West (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dust-a-tale-of-the-wired-west)

itsaxolon

Nov 17, 2015
Hi

I can't remember the name of that game and it's very bothering ^^
It's a game that i played when i was young (6-7 yo) where a kind of stickman (red,a kind of clown but not sure)
In that game, he felt in a box and we have to collect bars of a ladder to help him to leave the box.
It was a game without any violence.
I don't arrive to remember others elements but i remember the color of the character, he was red.

Hope you'll arrive to find it :)
Thanks a lot.

bassoonninja05

Nov 17, 2015
Ninjaclam2117 said:
So there was this game I played on the PC and it was an interactive learning cd game and you had this bug friend who would basically sit with you as you clicked on stuff and if you clicked on certain things you would end up going to different places like space or The Boston Tea Party or a medieval fair. This has been bugging me for years if anyone has any idea what I am talking about that would be great.
I think what you're thinking of is the Let's Pretend cd-roms by Mind Magic. I spent way longer than I care to admit trying to remember what it was before I stumbled across it on the internet. http://elisoftware.org/images/thumb/b/bf/01146-11112.jpg/250px-01146-11112.jpg

Daniel Alanis

Nov 18, 2015
Help im trying to figure out the name of a game i played years ago it was a pc game where in the beginning u choose a tribe and elemment i believe they were mages or wizards basically u r striving to be th best in ur own tribe and after u r u fight other tribes too. If i remember corectly there was (ice,fire,poison) tribes also it was around 2008 when i first found the game

Seth Hall

Feb 12, 2014
Ok, this is gonna be choppy, but I have vague memory of a first person adventure game, where the earth's gravity is messing up, as represented as a cow floating up in an early screen, and you have to travel into the earth to fix it. I remember it had some FMVs in the beginning, and featured some half machine half animal creatures. I remember one was a camera and some kind of lizard, I'm thinking bearded lizard but I could be wrong. I remember one puzzle featured a having to record a lullaby on a cassette, and one room featured the line, "This place feels like some kind of steam cleaner" and the response had something to do with steam wasn't allowed cause it made the creatures rust. This has been bugging me for ages and if anybody has a clue as to if this game even existed that would really be appreciated.

Phrenon

Nov 18, 2015
Hi everyone!

I managed to find most of the games from my childhood except one. It's a DOS game, I played it in the early nineties, and it involved a knight who is on some kind of a quest. He had armour on. He could go underground too, and there was a brew that he had to get from a witch in order to be able to transform into a frog and go through the water (which was underground I think). There was very little action in it as I remember. I remember it as King Arthur or Arthur but whenever I tried to find it under that name I didn't get the game I needed. Maybe it's Knight Something... Does anyone know which game I'm talking about? I remember armour, grass, the brew and the witch with her big pot :) Thanks to all and anyone who can help!

Nick Rospapa

Oct 19, 2013
Ok this has been bothering me for a bit.

I remember playing this PC game when I was in my early teens, so picture early 2000s. The only things I remember about it are that you play as a guy and you go around fighting..creatures. I thought they were vampires originally but now I am not so sure. Anyway, you fight them using light, you can use your flashlight or you have this light sword thing that looks like a long lightbulb tube. In terms of skills you can go three branches, and I remember one of the branches allows you to turn into animals, like a wolf or a dog. It's been bothering me a lot lately because I remember playing it a lot, but it was an obscure game.

Any help would be great.

P.S. I also remember the game box having a girl with black hair and a white tank top on the cover, and she is doing some weird light stuff with her hand. I think Night is in the title, but my searches have gone in vain for it.

Kaley Fox

Nov 18, 2015
I remember playing a baking game for the computer when I was little that had instead of a keyboard or mouse I played on a rubber control panel that had "cooking utensils" as the controls. The only part that I remember really well from the gameplay is the end where you're trying to win a competition and you're making a gingerbread house and it was actually pretty challenging. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

KS Kathiravan

Aug 15, 2013
I'm looking for two games actually - i played it from a demo disc that had teenagent, bad mojo, Vinyl Goddess from Mars etc. It was for PC. So i'm guessing the release date might be around mid 1990s.

1) The intro of the first game starts off with monsters trying to wake up its owner (guy). When it fails, they place a large number of explosives under his bed and set it off. He wakes up, but the monsters/pets are now blown away to different parts of the map. Game is all about finding back them again. I think it was a platformer or played more like Donkey Kong.

2) You play a role of a witch - she's covered in a black cloth, i cant remember the objectives, but it played alot like a side scroller. Usually if anyone spots you, you'll end up dead by getting burned in a stake.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Kaley Fox said:
I remember playing a baking game for the computer when I was little that had instead of a keyboard or mouse I played on a rubber control panel that had "cooking utensils" as the controls. The only part that I remember really well from the gameplay is the end where you're trying to win a competition and you're making a gingerbread house and it was actually pretty challenging. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
There's an "Easy Bake Kitchen Playset" CD-ROM for Windows. Couldn't find gameplay footage, but here's the Amazon page where you can see the controller attachment: http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Bake-Kitchen-Playset-PC/dp/B00002971T

hamboza

Nov 19, 2015
I had this game on NES when I was a kid but never did know it's real name or find it. I had it as a gift and it said Robocop on it's cover but it wasn't robocop just a bad chinese translation I think. Anyways, you play some sort of a robocop/cyborg you have a basic jump and basic punch, you also have a flying small bot companion that fires each time you punch. and you pick up different weapon parts which change the bots weapon. and if you pick up the same type of weapon three times in a row then you have a new advanced firing mode for your bot and you. it was set in a futuristic time, it's a side scroller platformer, you fight people, bots, bosses...

stonekirby

Nov 19, 2015
Hello people!

Forgive me if try to reference a game already mentioned; but I couldn't see it throughout all 603(!) pages.
Anyway I'm trying to find a game (I think it was on an old PCZone disc, but couldn't find it there..) which looks like a mix between Breakout/Arkanoid and Asteroids. I think it is a pre-2000 game.
You controlled a small spaceship which was red or green, can't remember which color but when you played a 2-player game you had a red and green ship.

The game consisted out of levels where each level was a Breakout/Arkanoid type. In these levels your spaceship transformed into a pad to play the level. After you cleared all the blocks your spaceship transformed back and you'd fly to the next level. Between levels however you had to shoot down asteroids (and maybe enemies, can't remember) which'd drop coins (I think the coins looked like little rings with a hole, like the rings you collect in Sonic games).
After a while you'd arrive at the next level (Breakout/Arkanoid style again), but before that you could buy powerups, weapons etc. with the coins you collected earlier.

I might have twisted things, but this is the most I can remember...
Is there _anyone_ who might know what I'm talking about?

P.S: This is NOT the game I'm talking about: http://indiegames.com/2013/08/freeware_pick_breakout_shmup_h.html
I already found that one, but again it's NOT the one I'm looking for.

pitrakplz

Nov 19, 2015
Hi i remember this game that i played around 2004 on a pc.
It revolved around you being some sort of helicopter and it kind of looked like an egg and it dropped down small blocks and the objective was to put all the blocks around the map. There were small things that where spining around the stage that would crash into you can you would die if you touched them.
Please If you know what i am talking about could you inform me.