Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Jaiek said:
Hi!

I don't know if anyone has asked this, but I'm trying to find a game in which:
You travel back in time to Ancient Greece. You have to solve puzzles (First person, point and click, and you control the scenes via the click-at-the-side-to-rotate method, similar to Riven or Myst).
You can copy the appearance of people that you've met, which allows you to talk to people as if you were the other person.

I only played the demo, in which you were trying to get into an arena, and you had to use a potters kiln to make a clay seal.

Thanks!
That's probably The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time.

Nicola Peluchetti

Jun 1, 2017
So there was this arcade game, it was back in the late 90es I think. It was a fictional sport/fighting, there were two sides which were launching a ball to hit others and eliminate them. Memory is fuzzy about this

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Nicola Peluchetti said:
So there was this arcade game, it was back in the late 90es I think. It was a fictional sport/fighting, there were two sides which were launching a ball to hit others and eliminate them. Memory is fuzzy about this
Could it have been the 1996 game Super Dodge Ball? Or maybe the 1987 game with the exact same name from the same company.

Legion_commander13

Jun 1, 2017
Okay so, there is a game I used to play on pc in a range from about 2006-2009, can't remember precisely, all I remember is that it was a tile breaker kind of game and I distinctly remember tiles that were green and had a hammer on them and it would trigger a hammer effect, same thing with a lightning kinda tile, if someone knows what game I am talking about I would really appreciate it because I cannot find anything on it

allens14

Jun 1, 2017
There was this one pc game I played back in 4th grade, I'm trying to remember what it was called. It was educational and you could run different stores like an arcade where you were able to buy the arcade machines and play them. One of the playable arcade games I remember is a bubble shooter type of game but it was colored blocks instead. I also remember a juice stand or some sort of concession stand where you could make and sell juice or puree.

Nicola Peluchetti

Jun 1, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Nicola Peluchetti said:
Could it have been the 1996 game Super Dodge Ball? Or maybe the 1987 game with the exact same name from the same company.
yes the arcade one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFb8GaCoEyQ Thanks!

LovroD77359

May 29, 2017
I used to play a game some 5 or 6 years ago on my PC.
I think it had 4 installements. It was a puzzle point-and-click game. There were multiple sections and at the end of each one you had to do a sort of rotating or conventional puzzle to get a picture and then some essence thingy would fly out and reveal the next part of the big picture which would lead you to the next section. I remember some of the puzzles like peg solitaire, sudoku with some weird symbols instead of numbers, a game where you put down lines and formed squares (if that makes sense) and so on. I have been trying to think of the name for a while and it's really bugging me. Someone pls help.

vayey

Jun 1, 2017
Hey guys, good that i found this forum and this topic ! i am looking for a old game since 10+ years and i still dont found it.

I start every month to look for the game in google for 2-3 hours but i never find it so:

I have sadly not alot of details about the game i am looking for. I played it in the year between 1999 and 2002 probably where i was a child.

I can remember the first part of the game, there was small clip i think when you started a new game and in the clip there was a steet and houses to see ... then a guy goes inside of a house and then he hears a scream i guess (his wife is getting kidnapped).

If i remember right, he goes to the bedroom, and a guy takes his wife and jumps out from the window (i am not sure...).

The goal of the game is, finding this woman and safing her. On the way there is alot of "puzzle" to do.

What i remember good is a part (probably close to the end of the game, or the mid of the game), where the man gets kidnapped too (the player).

He wakes up in a "cell" which looks like a prison a little bit without anyone else inside of it. I can remember, that in the inventory i had a bananna. I combined the banana with the window in the prison / cell where i was, and then a monkey apearred on the window XDDDD.

After the monkey climbed up the window and tries to grab the banana, i was able to "talk" with the monkey with a few options:

1. UH UH UH
2. UH IH AH
3. UH AH IH UH

When i clicked on the first one, i had more options again:

1.UH UH AH IH UH
2.UH AH AH AH
3. AH UH UH UH

I had to chose like 3-6 kind of this "sentences" or how you want call it, and after beeing done, the monkey started to climbing on another window and entering a room where a guy was sleeping (maybe a police officer ? or probably the kiddnaper) and he had on his back bants a key hanging.

Depended on what you "said" to the monkey, the monkey entered ever that room and did weird things XDDDD.

I guess the goal in that chapter is, to choosing the correct pattern of this "sentences", and then the monkey will enter the room, and grab the key and bring it back to the guy (player) so he can unlocks the cell door and leave.

I never done this chapter, i was playing this game for MONTHS and i never knew the right pattern (i was a child there still XD).

Sadly after 2 years we had to move in a new city and i lost the CD / Disc of the game and the name :((.

PLEASE tell me the name, i am ready to donate the guy who helped me 10$ PSC (i got ago 2 days a Paysafecard code as a gift from someone and i have no use for it).

Ps. I know you readed now in my description "monkey". I WARN YOU DONT SAY "MONKEY ISLAND" !!! XDDDD.

I asked a few friends who know the 90ths and 80ths and they said ever "i am sure it was monkey island".

I never played monkey island. But i watched all parts of the game on youtube and there was never on the beginning this guy and this woman who gots kidnapped.... and the girl from monkey island is not looking like the woman which i am talking about so it CANT be monkey island.

Edit: I am sure the game was a PC game. Probably Win95 or 97 or MAYBE XP but i am very sure it was older than XP.

Segia

Jun 1, 2017
briannapearl said:
Alright, not sure if I'm posting this in the correct spot, but Oh well.

I remember when I was younger my dad had this platformer game on the PC. I believe you could choose between a man or a woman. The more I think about it I think you could only play as a woman.
It took place in a jungle like area, and the character was an amazon/barbarian looking character. I'm not sure if you actually had a weapon to fight with or not, if so I think it was just a sword. Anyway, I mainly just remember having to jump from platform to platform to get to where ever. I wasn't very good so I always fell and when you fell the woman would let out a horrible scream (that's why I think you may have only been able to play as a woman). I also remember it being pretty bloody because I don't think my dad liked me playing it. I think sometimes when you fell there'd be spikes at the bottom.

I know the details are pretty vague, but I would love to know if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about!! Thanks! :)
Found this thread through Google, and I'm looking for the game that I'm pretty sure is described above. From what I remember you could actually swap between the male and female character. I'm born in '93 and remember having been fairly young when it came out, but it may have already been somewhat dated at the time - I'd place it somewhere in the late 90s. It's not Jill of the Jungle as has been previously suggested in this thread - anyone got a clue?

SpiderGamingX

Jun 1, 2017
Hello, so I knew a nice game, you had to play with 3 characters if I'm correct.

The game was 2D from a camera-angle like League Of Legends, and it was pixelated.

The first part of the game was about getting in a ship with a boat, you spawned in water and you had to watch out for big red explosive things, and if you would hit them you would explode lol.
You had to assassinate people from the ship, and you could disguise like them.

You had to move with Right Click, and assassinate with Left Click (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS), no need for keyboard.

Please help me I really want to play the game.

Zupp

Jun 1, 2017
I'm looking for a game I used to play as a kid, it was a PC game, around Win95 I think. It had an isometric pov. Putting the player in a robot or battle suit (yellow if i remember). Before a mission, you could choose your loadout of weapons. Environment was very destructable, often resulting in a lot of stuff being on fire. The player was fighting some kind of monsters or aliens. Anyone any idea?

Edit: found after some long searching. It is called Bedlam (1996).

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
vayey said:
Hey guys, good that i found this forum and this topic ! i am looking for a old game since 10+ years and i still dont found it.

I start every month to look for the game in google for 2-3 hours but i never find it so:

I have sadly not alot of details about the game i am looking for. I played it in the year between 1999 and 2002 probably where i was a child.

I can remember the first part of the game, there was small clip i think when you started a new game and in the clip there was a steet and houses to see ... then a guy goes inside of a house and then he hears a scream i guess (his wife is getting kidnapped).

If i remember right, he goes to the bedroom, and a guy takes his wife and jumps out from the window (i am not sure...).

The goal of the game is, finding this woman and safing her. On the way there is alot of "puzzle" to do.

What i remember good is a part (probably close to the end of the game, or the mid of the game), where the man gets kidnapped too (the player).

He wakes up in a "cell" which looks like a prison a little bit without anyone else inside of it. I can remember, that in the inventory i had a bananna. I combined the banana with the window in the prison / cell where i was, and then a monkey apearred on the window XDDDD.

After the monkey climbed up the window and tries to grab the banana, i was able to "talk" with the monkey with a few options:

1. UH UH UH
2. UH IH AH
3. UH AH IH UH

When i clicked on the first one, i had more options again:

1.UH UH AH IH UH
2.UH AH AH AH
3. AH UH UH UH

I had to chose like 3-6 kind of this "sentences" or how you want call it, and after beeing done, the monkey started to climbing on another window and entering a room where a guy was sleeping (maybe a police officer ? or probably the kiddnaper) and he had on his back bants a key hanging.

Depended on what you "said" to the monkey, the monkey entered ever that room and did weird things XDDDD.

I guess the goal in that chapter is, to choosing the correct pattern of this "sentences", and then the monkey will enter the room, and grab the key and bring it back to the guy (player) so he can unlocks the cell door and leave.

I never done this chapter, i was playing this game for MONTHS and i never knew the right pattern (i was a child there still XD).

Sadly after 2 years we had to move in a new city and i lost the CD / Disc of the game and the name :((.

PLEASE tell me the name, i am ready to donate the guy who helped me 10$ PSC (i got ago 2 days a Paysafecard code as a gift from someone and i have no use for it).

Ps. I know you readed now in my description "monkey". I WARN YOU DONT SAY "MONKEY ISLAND" !!! XDDDD.

I asked a few friends who know the 90ths and 80ths and they said ever "i am sure it was monkey island".

I never played monkey island. But i watched all parts of the game on youtube and there was never on the beginning this guy and this woman who gots kidnapped.... and the girl from monkey island is not looking like the woman which i am talking about so it CANT be monkey island.

Edit: I am sure the game was a PC game. Probably Win95 or 97 or MAYBE XP but i am very sure it was older than XP.
Could it have been Road to India: Between Hell and Nirvana? (If it is, keep the Paysafecard, I don't play any online games)

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
briannapearl said:
Alright, not sure if I'm posting this in the correct spot, but Oh well.

I remember when I was younger my dad had this platformer game on the PC. I believe you could choose between a man or a woman. The more I think about it I think you could only play as a woman.
It took place in a jungle like area, and the character was an amazon/barbarian looking character. I'm not sure if you actually had a weapon to fight with or not, if so I think it was just a sword. Anyway, I mainly just remember having to jump from platform to platform to get to where ever. I wasn't very good so I always fell and when you fell the woman would let out a horrible scream (that's why I think you may have only been able to play as a woman). I also remember it being pretty bloody because I don't think my dad liked me playing it. I think sometimes when you fell there'd be spikes at the bottom.

I know the details are pretty vague, but I would love to know if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about!! Thanks! :)
Segia said:
Found this thread through Google, and I'm looking for the game that I'm pretty sure is described above. From what I remember you could actually swap between the male and female character. I'm born in '93 and remember having been fairly young when it came out, but it may have already been somewhat dated at the time - I'd place it somewhere in the late 90s. It's not Jill of the Jungle as has been previously suggested in this thread - anyone got a clue?
Realms of Chaos (Apogee, 1995)

You can see the barbarian here: https://youtu.be/Ggz22eUE4uE?t=45 and the woman here: https://youtu.be/Ggz22eUE4uE?t=59

ZAba

Jun 2, 2017
It was a games for pc.I played it around 2004 to 2006 but I do not sure the game was established.It about a hero and npc trying to go through a dungeon while fighting a numerous enemy.The hero and the npc also have a power such as ice power,fire power,ninja power,mage,holy power and many more.The last boss i dont mistaken have darkness power.It can be played with four friend atmost using keyboard.The games in 2D with chibi like face. I dont sure it like a dungeon because it has a stage system.

Jesse Hewett

Jun 2, 2017
Hey! This games name has been bugging me for over 8 years now! its a strategy game where you play as "Blue" which has vehicles like tanks and helis and somekind of jets. but the base is moveable and you finish the campaing match after you have destroyed the Enemy's base. and i remember the first stage where theres like big cubes as enemies in the Practice. and the orange enemies had like circle shaped base and they had triplane type of enemies, funniest thing about that game it was stragedy and you were able to control one unit in like first person to advance and it was 3D, it cam out with old tech magazine in 2000. if i remember correctly! and your base had to teleport

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
I remember playing a game on my older cousin's Playstation One during my first visit to Hong Kong, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, or find info on it anywhere.

It was a third-person shooter and I'm almost positive the protagonist was a woman (either that or a very feminine man XD)

The first stage was outdoors in daytime and there were some rather narrow paths between buildings and such.

One of the later stages (maybe stage 3 or 4?) was inside a huge dark cavern and there were enemies that looked like skeletons on a large rocky bridge that fired projectiles at the player, this stage was quite a difficulty spike because I remember this is the first point in the game that I died at.

That's all I can remember, if anyone wants any more hints... Well, Silent Hill was already released when I played this game.

Ace Striker

Jun 2, 2017
I am having a very troubling time remembering what this game is. I can't think of the name of the game or what the system is that I played it on. I'm almost 20, and I remember playing this game in my childhood when I was like 5 or 6. You played as a guy that used purple lightning or something like that as your weapon. I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive about it. It's just been so long. If anyone can help, that would be absolutely perfect.

anon_in_the_closet

Jun 2, 2017
Hey there!
I'm not sure if someone already asked of this game before,
It's a flash game about an anglerfish exploring an impossible labyrinth
It's a very nostalgic game for me I hope someone could find it