Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
KelsoWearsPrada said:
Okay this is seriously a long shot but this has been driving me INSANE for at least a year now.
There was this game that I remember playing back in the mid-late 90's. It could have been made earlier in the 90's, maybe even the 80's but god only knows because i was about 4 when i started playing it.
it had the set up almost like a doll-house esque game, but the characters were small sprite like characters.
there were mini-games that can be played but i can't remember what the games were.
it was in mainly pastel colors.
i remember that you can move around the rooms and go outside, but on like a balcony.
i know it's not much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Maybe one of the versions of Little Computer People?

vato3001

Dec 3, 2017
Hello guys,

Im searching a top-down game from Windows 98 i think.
You control a Mech or a roboter (maybe) looks like a sphere with guns.
You can find many weapons in levels for example granades and than you can make a rotation attack with these granades or you can find a plasma weapon you shoot munition like many rings.
Rockets also normal + (heat-seeking) and (infrared (maybe) ) cant remember soo good.

I remember i played that with my mouse. dont know if its playable with a keyboard (i dont remember that).

Searching this for years now :D
sry for my bad english

Thanks in advance :)

cantrememberoldgame

Dec 2, 2017
cantrememberoldgame said:
Hi all!

Sorry for long post in advance! Not expecting anyone to reply but I'm looking for 2 games I played from a 'freegames.com' type of website when I was really young in the early 2000's. Both of which seemed very MS-DOS looking.

1st one:
-2D 2 player medieval fantasy themed Puzzle Fighting Game
-I'm pretty sure was called 'Golem Wars' or something similar (don't remember 100%)
-Players are given a randomly colored set of cubes which if you arrange into a particular pattern (by rotating a limited amount of cubes) spawns a unit based on the pattern, that slowly begins marching towards and attacking other players castle (life points) until they died unless confronted by enemies units.
-Cubes are eliminated upon spawning of a unit and new randomly cubes are given to player to arrange
-Units ranged from foot soldiers, archers, knights on horses, catapults, golems etc. (more complex pattern = more powerful unit) weaker units were usually faster.

2nd one:
-Single player 3D First person Space exploration game (No combat, just space exploration to my knowledge)
-Very similar to No Man's Sky, every star, planet, thing you could see you could travel to and land on, but you couldn't move freely there, just the animation of the ship traveling their at warp speed would play.
-Your ship was a simple futuristic 3D cube, but like a near flattened/1 storied cube, with window covering most of each of wall inside the ship
-The interface and inside of ship was very minimalist, very beautiful and well thought of game for its time!
-You could call upon other explorers in the game that I believe, would fix your ship or something? (was too young at the time to understand what was happening) you wouldn't meet the pilot of the ship face to face but just the ship would arrive and you could see it outside your window, and it was rectangular cube like your one and a light would emanate from their ship scanning/possibly re-energizing your ship or something and then it would take off. Was really amazing when it happened, really felt like you were alone traveling in space but their were people you could call upon, but only while you were in space to my knowledge.
-When landing on a planet you could freely walk around, some planets were inhabited by lone puma, lioness looking entities that would just run in one direction, they wouldn't react to you, they were more just for you to look at.

Though I doubt anyone will know these games, any help would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find either of these games on any DOS game websites which might unfortunately mean they were just free games uploaded on to a website. But maybe I didn't use the right keywords hopefully.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone found 2nd game for me on another website!!
The game is called "Noctis", just need help with 1st game now! XD

cantrememberoldgame

Dec 2, 2017
cantrememberoldgame said:
Hi all!

Sorry for long post in advance! Not expecting anyone to reply but I'm looking for 2 games I played from a 'freegames.com' type of website when I was really young in the early 2000's. Both of which seemed very MS-DOS looking.

1st one:
-2D 2 player medieval fantasy themed Puzzle Fighting Game
-I'm pretty sure was called 'Golem Wars' or something similar (don't remember 100%)
-Players are given a randomly colored set of cubes which if you arrange into a particular pattern (by rotating a limited amount of cubes) spawns a unit based on the pattern, that slowly begins marching towards and attacking other players castle (life points) until they died unless confronted by enemies units.
-Cubes are eliminated upon spawning of a unit and new randomly cubes are given to player to arrange
-Units ranged from foot soldiers, archers, knights on horses, catapults, golems etc. (more complex pattern = more powerful unit) weaker units were usually faster.

2nd one:
-Single player 3D First person Space exploration game (No combat, just space exploration to my knowledge)
-Very similar to No Man's Sky, every star, planet, thing you could see you could travel to and land on, but you couldn't move freely there, just the animation of the ship traveling their at warp speed would play.
-Your ship was a simple futuristic 3D cube, but like a near flattened/1 storied cube, with window covering most of each of wall inside the ship
-The interface and inside of ship was very minimalist, very beautiful and well thought of game for its time!
-You could call upon other explorers in the game that I believe, would fix your ship or something? (was too young at the time to understand what was happening) you wouldn't meet the pilot of the ship face to face but just the ship would arrive and you could see it outside your window, and it was rectangular cube like your one and a light would emanate from their ship scanning/possibly re-energizing your ship or something and then it would take off. Was really amazing when it happened, really felt like you were alone traveling in space but their were people you could call upon, but only while you were in space to my knowledge.
-When landing on a planet you could freely walk around, some planets were inhabited by lone puma, lioness looking entities that would just run in one direction, they wouldn't react to you, they were more just for you to look at.

Though I doubt anyone will know these games, any help would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find either of these games on any DOS game websites which might unfortunately mean they were just free games uploaded on to a website. But maybe I didn't use the right keywords hopefully.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just found 1st one now with help from https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/

1st Game: Siege http://www.acid-play.com/download/siege
2nd Game: Noctic IV http://anynowhere.com/bb/layout/html/doors/local/frameset_noctis.html

If you guys have no luck here try the reddit link above, replies were almost instantaneous and successful :)

Thanks anyway guys!

yeetyeetmcgeet

Dec 3, 2017
I remember this game, it was kind of like asteroids but instead of shooting well, asteroids, you had to shoot brightly colored balls that would split into smaller ones. I remember the balls always left trails that would slowly fade away. The game was very colorful and I remember the colors constantly fading and changing like a bad acid trip.

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
KelsoWearsPrada said:
Okay this is seriously a long shot but this has been driving me INSANE for at least a year now.
There was this game that I remember playing back in the mid-late 90's. It could have been made earlier in the 90's, maybe even the 80's but god only knows because i was about 4 when i started playing it.
it had the set up almost like a doll-house esque game, but the characters were small sprite like characters.
there were mini-games that can be played but i can't remember what the games were.
it was in mainly pastel colors.
i remember that you can move around the rooms and go outside, but on like a balcony.
i know it's not much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
maybe fisher price time to play dollhouse? or fisher price dream dollhouse?

CaptnCannonFodder

Dec 3, 2017
I hope someone can help with this one: I never played the game - only saw a tech demo released during development showing spaceship damage effects. I don't even know if the game was eventually released.

A tech demo was released maybe 3 to 6 yrs ago... maybe more... A spaceship was in front of you with an oval blue shield made up of small hexagons, I think. You could fire at the ship with lasers, or fling asteroids at it. (there was also a repair beam) If you hit the shield enough times in the same spot a hole would appear in the shield. Keep hitting around the edge of the hole and it would grow. Stop and the hole would shrink and disappear. If you fired through the hole and hit the ship a few times the hull would glow red and then show damage, revealing the interior structure of the ship with tiny crew members being vented off into space. The spaceship was modular - you had a couple of options for the forward, mid and aft sections.

The game was not released at the time I saw this demo. The character portraits had a Russian royal family feel to me. The story was something about you being sent off as the captain of a spaceship to do missions for the royal family after some crisis... but would you be loyal or go your own way?

Thanks!

SkiMaster

Dec 3, 2017
Hi guys!
I remember one game, but I forget the name.
This was a PLATFORM GAME. There were many CASTLES in different colours. I think the YELLOW one is the first, and MAGENTA or PURPLE is the final castle. You were a Mexican and you had a sombrero. In right-up corner, you had 5 slots for keys. You had to collect keys to open the doors. On the main page, you saw Mexican and one snake. Between them were menu. I remember there were spiders, bats, and snakes. Also you had ladders, kind of super powers, fire... If somebody know the name of the game, please reply me.
Or you can contact me with email. My email is: [email protected]
Thanks!

Dec 3, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble remembering this FPS shooter game I played on the PC as a child. Details that I remember include:
1. It was an FPS Shooter
2. War-themed, e.g. soldiers and tanks
3. First mission was me and a convey in the jungle somewhere walking straight and we get ambushed (I think)
4. I vaguely remember the guns either having blue laser sight or something
5. The gun (in the first mission) was the M16
6. When I didn't follow the path of the game I came across a random spot of the map (in the first mission) where there were literally a hundred-ish enemy soldiers marching back and forth in formation and I could walk up to them and shoot/stab them and they wouldn't react (I think this was the developers' lazy way of hiding them before they enter the game for real.)
7. There was also a boat and water I could swim in (in the first mission)

If anyone else remember this game, please respond! Email me at [email protected]!

supercoolsilver

Dec 1, 2017
hi so i've been looking for this really old game that i played around 2006-2009 (it was probably made before) and i found it through a kinda stupid website that linked to other games. anyhow, it was mostly an rpg type game, and it was build somewhat like eternal lands but i can't remember if it had things to fight or what-not. i only remember it was a social based game and such, and i have a small mental snapshot of my character standing in a cave like thing and walking through it, passing all the other people. i know it was third person, and it used arrow keys / mouse clicks to move. it was a browser-based pc game but i don't even remember if it had a download... i honestly can't remember much but gosh i'd like to at least know the name. i'm not for sure if the game still exists; i've searched high and low for it, but i have found that it likely didn't win any awards. it wasn't a very good game, quite simple and mostly for young kids. but as i said if anyone can name it, bless you !

Svendbronxx

Dec 3, 2017
Hey guys.. I've been searching for this game for a long time, but I can't find it. It's an old PC game (played it in the early 2000s)

The game:

You start with a hero, which you can walk around with and go into wars. It's turn based, and there's different colors. I remember white starting in the bottom of the map, and black in the top or something. You could get some spear men, hammer men - can't remember the rest.
You could go into something (can't remember if it was high grass) and be lucky to get a dragon or something or be unlucky and lose your hero.
There's small spots where you could get into fights.

Can anyone help me out? I know its few details. :/

Dec 3, 2017
Hi guys! I just made an account for this game because after searching for hours I couldn't find it, but there's actually another one that I was wondering about too. Here goes:

So the first game I remember playing when I was about 7 years old. I think it was from Gametap, and what I remember very vividly is the main character was a male kid/teenager in some sort of summer camp in a forest, it was very stylized, it was third person and I can remember three very specific instances in the game. 1) Some sort of race/obstacle course on a downhill slope that I think took place inside an old tree? You raced inside a ball, and there were lots of bright colours and it was very trippy. 2) A platforming sequence where you have to run and jump from firetowers, powerlines, trees etc alongside other campmembers. 3) A sequence where you're walking down a very 1960s mod American suburb, white picket fences, colourful cars, a bright sky, etc. Then everything warps and the suburb begins to split and you have to jump from island to island. I cannot for the life of me remember the plot, but I do remember it having a quite twisted undertone. I am aware that because of my age when playing this, the actual game may have been different and my memory may have just warped it over time.

The second game is a cancelled MMORPG, I cannot remember its publishers but I do remember the starting area had a sort of pirate vibe even though it was played on land. I think it was cancelled in 2015, or somewhere around there. I remember a big marketing point was how interactive the enemies were, in that you could knock off armour pieces, limbs etc, and they could pick your character up and throw you around. It was very bright, not moody, I think it was an Eastern mmo, there were lizard people as NPC's. The audio was quite glitch too and even though it was voice acted in the cutscenes, the audio would often be delayed by a second or two after the cutscene started.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
superseededbreadloaf said:
Hi guys! I just made an account for this game because after searching for hours I couldn't find it, but there's actually another one that I was wondering about too. Here goes:

So the first game I remember playing when I was about 7 years old. I think it was from Gametap, and what I remember very vividly is the main character was a male kid/teenager in some sort of summer camp in a forest, it was very stylized, it was third person and I can remember three very specific instances in the game. 1) Some sort of race/obstacle course on a downhill slope that I think took place inside an old tree? You raced inside a ball, and there were lots of bright colours and it was very trippy. 2) A platforming sequence where you have to run and jump from firetowers, powerlines, trees etc alongside other campmembers. 3) A sequence where you're walking down a very 1960s mod American suburb, white picket fences, colourful cars, a bright sky, etc. Then everything warps and the suburb begins to split and you have to jump from island to island. I cannot for the life of me remember the plot, but I do remember it having a quite twisted undertone. I am aware that because of my age when playing this, the actual game may have been different and my memory may have just warped it over time.
You only said that you were 7 when you played it, not how long ago it was or when it was possibly released, but my guess would be Psychonauts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychonauts

CrazyBOY429

Dec 4, 2017
I am looking for a PC game. I remember playing it as a kid in the early to mid 90's. It was a first person game. So what little bit I do remember of the game, I believe is the beginning of the game. It starts out you (as the character) are waking up and looking around( I wanna say there is some news or talk radio playing in the background). There is an alarm clock going off, you sit up and turn the clock off and stand up, at this point you have control. If you walk around the apartment it looks very futuristic. You start walking around and gathering and checking things, you have the ability to check messages and explore the apartment. I remember getting out of the apartment and getting to a door that I couldn't get though because I didn't know the key pad code. Any help to find this game would be great.

Echo Games

Dec 4, 2017
Hey this game has been bothering me for years all I can remember is that the buildings are whitish and you are parachuting and shooting guys on a roof and it is also splitscreen and it was for xbox 360 or ps2

Echo Games

Dec 4, 2017
Hey this game has been bothering me for years all I can remember is that the buildings are whitish and you are parachuting and shooting guys on a roof and it is also splitscreen and it was for xbox 360 or ps2

slimx726

Dec 4, 2017
Ok guys here it goes, it was a dukes of Hazzard video game I believe for the PS1, it was back in the days where you could rent video games from movie stores, idk if it?s a game that got recalled or what, but I don?t think it was racing for home or daisy dukes it out, you started the game by trying to outrun the cops on some dirt road in the woods, and it was a first person view inside the car, it may not have even been Dukes of Hazzard but I feel like it was, if anyone knows of any game that starts like that, I?d love to know because this has been bugging me for years.

Melina Sugliano

Dec 4, 2017
I can't find ANYTHING IN INTERNET about a cd game (I bougth a disc) that I played around the 2005 or 2006. This CD contain a lot of games and I remember some of them:

-You are an astronaut and with the help of your dog you have to kill alien sheeps.
-Pizza's delivery in a car.
-Find monsters hidden in a house (graphic adventure, take an object, use it, blablabla).
-Platform game. You are a mini green slime and you have to avoid radioactive barrils and pick objects.
-You are a kung fu man standing in a rock in the middle of the screen and you have to defend against thrown objects, who change with each level.
-A dinosaur's tic-tac-toe.
-A man who have to jump over floating rocks.
-A game that was played in your wallpaper background, about killing chickens, and you can choose the weapons and make a disaster of blood in all your starting screen.

I think I don't remember more. The most of the games were gallant, with no sense, bloody.
(Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina) thank you!

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Melina Sugliano said:
I can't find ANYTHING IN INTERNET about a cd game (I bougth a disc) that I played around the 2005 or 2006. This CD contain a lot of games and I remember some of them:

-You are a kung fu man standing in a rock in the middle of the screen and you have to defend against thrown objects, who change with each level.

I think I don't remember more. The most of the games were gallant, with no sense, bloody.
(Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina) thank you!
Kung Fu Kim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQItlHjiotM

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Does anyone remember the game that was released last gen, I believe it was a third person game that involved a war or post-war setting, and you can aim your gun at people to intimidate them while you scrounge for loot and supplies, etc. Sorry I don?t remember any other details!