Old Games you want remade or rereleased

maconlon439

Nov 16, 2011
Here's what I want

Remade:

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine: I liked some of the plot of this game, and some of the puzzles, but I hated that Indy almost never used his fist and only really used his whip to cross gaps.

Rereleased:

Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist: Pure gold. Only real great game Al Lowe made. I could probably get it off of a vintage game site, but I don't want to play it again that badly, but I would buy it if it appeared on Steam.

Mystical Ninja staring Goemon: Please come to Virtual Console, Please come to Virtual CONSOLE!

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Oh fun!

Remade: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. I want to see a full console-based remake of these games with updated controls and graphics. Seriously, these were amazing, and the fact that Nintendo hasn't cashed in on the idea confuses me quite a bit. The N64 versions haven't aged well, and the 3DS Version of Ocarina, while serviceable, isn't quite big enough.

Rereleased: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. A fine remake, and it looks great and consistent alongside MGS2 and MGS3. But somehow, Konami hasn't gotten the idea to foot the bill to Nintendo and make fat stacks off of having be the centerpiece of a new HD collection. Such a pity.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
I would like to have Basket Ball Nightmare remade, and Joust remade as a FPS.

rereleased:Beyond Good and Evil, Wasteland and Pikmen 1.

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
Remade:

Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Use the Fox Engine and current graphics, along with improved MGS-style gameplay since Peace Walker & 4 to truly create the ultimate showdown: Solid Snake vs Big Boss (Naked Snake). I've honestly wondered what a full-on CQC & Patriot vs CQC & improvised equipment fight would look like between the both of them.

Command & Conquer games before RA2 & Tiberian Sun; this includes Red Alert & the expansions: Maybe it's me, but I could totally see a full-scale remake designed to run a full 60 FPS at all times working. Add in cheats, multiplayer that actually works, player map editors, & even a unit creator & you have a game here. Maybe EA can quit having a pissing contest with Activision & actually drop some quality.

Re-Release:

GTAs from 3 to San Andreas: Probably the best reasons to own a PS2, period. A remake of this would EASILY move units.

MGS: The Twin Snakes. Am I the only one who wants to replay MGS1 with a control scheme that's a bit less clunkier & actually uses the features they put in?

Freedom Fighters: I loved this game. And honestly, it would definitely sell well here.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Remade:

Legacy of Kain series. I've played only Blood Omen 2 and Defiance, but the world and overall setting is so awesome and there's a lot of potential there.

Back on PSone there was an awesome Turn-based/Action game called Unholy Wars. It was really good in mixing these two aspects and I'd really love to see more of that.

Any Turn-based Front Mission game. Please.

Re-released:

Dino Crisis 2. Just give it new shine of paint and it's ready to go.

Front Mission 3. Just give it new shine of paint, get rid of MOTHERFUCKING LINNY and it's ready to go.

Persona 3. Just give it the Persona 4: Golden treatment and it's ready to go.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Deus Ex, do it on Human Revolution's engine it'll fix the only bad things about it(graphics and not so good shooting system.) and introduce new gamers to the classic of classics. Square has blamed their western branch on their stupidity and monetary losses however and it becomes an unreachable dream every day.

Also Grim Fandango

Re-release? That's tough, most PC games are still playable. There are some console games I'd like on my PC like the SNES Shadowrun I'd like to play that with the mouse instead.

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Remade I only have 1 game. TIE Fighter!!!!!!!! And remade not because it was in any way bad but to update the game with new tech and a more intricate storyline now that we know so much more of the SW Universe now.

Re-released most of the C&C games

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I love this kind of thread!

The improvements are obvious: Add in color, backgrounds and, more characters to start. Add in difficulty settings and additional modes such as multiplayer and, training/practice. Put it on the 3DS to utilize the original gimmick of 3D, 1st person boxing. This game was the best thing the Virtual Boy had going for it in my opinion and shouldn't be forgotten just because it was released on a console that failed.

For these two, I would package them together and update the graphics to HD. The gameplay speaks for itself: kill monsters and save souls by breaking everything in the levels. Improved graphics could also take the form of more realistic structural damage when enemies are knocked into buildings, ships, etc. These are both Xbox exclusive titles as well but since Sega made them, it would be nice to release them on more platforms (though honestly the Xbox could use more exclusives)

Vagrant Story and, Legend of Dragoon would make for great remakes I think. Even if it's just the kind of remake that we saw back in the Playstation for Final Fantasy games: Keep the gameplay in tact but update the graphics and, include improved cinematics. It would likely be best released through PSN, XBLA, E-shop, Steam, etc.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Remake: Quest For Glory series... make this a 3rd person RPG, keep the humor and colorful characters and plotlines, but touch it up with some better writing and add-in good voice actors. I really think this would sell well as a large scale hub-world RPG instead of 5 parts... Spielburg, Shapeir, Fricana, Mordavia and Silmaria are all awesome locales worthy of a larger exploration model. Plus Erasmus and Fenris are two of my all time favorite characters.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Dirge Eterna said:
Remade I only have 1 game. TIE Fighter!!!!!!!! And remade not because it was in any way bad but to update the game with new tech and a more intricate storyline now that we know so much more of the SW Universe now.
Seconded. I would love to see Tie Fighter optimized with modern graphics and full compatibility with modern operating systems (the hoops I had to jump through to get my copy working on my laptop...). As for audio, I'd want them to re-record the original soundtrack and keep the dynamic music from the original release rather than phoning it in with red book audio from the films like in the Windows 95 version.

I dunno about altering the story though, it's pretty awesome as-is. I suppose a few more short cutscenes between campaign missions would be fine. There's always the "flavor text" from the manual and player's guide if you really want an in-depth narrative.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
I only want one game remade: Starsiege. Not Starsiege Tribes, but the original Starsiege, the best mech simulator that I've ever played. I liked the story, I loved the mechs, and the gameplay was simple to get into, but tough to really master.

Unfortunately, its pretty old, I'm pretty sure that the developer is kaput, and that there's little interest in it since it was at least somewhat obscure.

But, if only it was remade with a new engine, had a slightly re-written story, revamped graphics, and improved controls, I'd play it in a heartbeat.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I've always wondered what A Link to the Past would be like if they did it in the style of Ocarina of Time.
I don't mean a spot for spot remake, I mean along the lines of a Resident Evil Remake where the developers rework certain sections or make some little additions of their own.

The overworld would probably be amazing.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri needs a sequel or a remake. to bring the graphics up to modern speed.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Texas Joker 52 said:
I only want one game remade: Starsiege. Not Starsiege Tribes, but the original Starsiege, the best mech simulator that I've ever played. I liked the story, I loved the mechs, and the gameplay was simple to get into, but tough to really master.

Unfortunately, its pretty old, I'm pretty sure that the developer is kaput, and that there's little interest in it since it was at least somewhat obscure.

But, if only it was remade with a new engine, had a slightly re-written story, revamped graphics, and improved controls, I'd play it in a heartbeat.
Did the Starseige series include Earthsiege 2? I loved that with the whole head down display for tactical ordering and shooting robots in the knees with particle cannons.

I would like to nominate Elite 2. The only other comparable game that I can think of in the modern era is the X series and I want soemthing more simulatery.

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
What games i want re-relesed or re-made? Well there is a few. Power Stone could use a re-relese in hd or something, maybe we would see a sequel to it, and if not, then a reasonable re-make would be cool too. Sacrifice could use some love too, a Mayday re-release would be cool, also some Legacy of Kain stuff. Thats all i can think of , of the top of my head.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
There is none I can think of right now but I would like to get a re-released SSB Melee with an online mutli-player mode because I still love that game. If it's to be remade then it has to be by someone who isn't retarded when making decisions.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
I'd love to see Crono Trigger remade - or at least with updated graphics.
The feel and the music from that game is still the standard I set for all other games, even though the gameplay itself was rather easy and the story didn't always carry. Despite that though, yeah: Crono Trigger.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
TheKasp said:
None.

Why should I want time wasted on a rerelease or remake? I could as well just play the damn game.
Sometimes remaking or updating a game can improve upon the original, creating a fresh experience fresh while keeping the core mechanics and feel of the original. It can also introduce a whole new generation to really fantastic classics that are lost/forgotten to the annals of time.

I for one would love to see an updated version of the SEGA Genesis TBS game Master of Monsters. I know they made an unfortunate sequal at some point, but just having the original updated would be enough to wring 20-30 bucks out of me. It is still one of my all time favorite strategy games, despite being quite basic. Some of the campaign missions were downright hard.

To anyone who likes TBS games and has never heard of Master of Monsters, I highly recommend you try and find a way to play it. It doesn't have great depth, but the mechanics are very well balanced and it is a lot of fun.