Old Man falls on stairs

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I also can relate to tripping and/or falling. The part that I have difficulty relating to is running up those stairs in the first place. I don't think I would try and run up somewhat narrow stairs with free fall to either side. I also don't think I'd run up any temporary, movable device lined up to a plane. I would 100% be climbing at a walking pace, and no faster.
probably trying to prove he's not like Trump still and differentiate himself in how he acts lol

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
So ... Biden crucification when? I mean, it's what she's implying in a roundabout way.

Rather, the weight of the cross represents the weight of sin, christ is burdened with the sins of all and while carrying those he stumble. And besides, plenty of people seem willing to crucify Biden for pretty much no reason at all (he might not have met most promises but he hasn't made the situation worse in as far as I'm aware), which could be another similarity if we're doing the religious angle.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Rather, the weight of the cross represents the weight of sin, christ is burdened with the sins of all and while carrying those he stumble. And besides, plenty of people seem willing to crucify Biden for pretty much no reason at all (he might not have met most promises but he hasn't made the situation worse in as far as I'm aware), which could be another similarity if we're doing the religious angle.
Eh, yes, I know. Was taking the piss.

Reactions: tippy2k2

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Eh, I'm not particularly a fan of mocking the elderly for their inability to go up or down inclines of varying levels of traction. I didn't find it terribly cool when people mocked trump about going down the ramp, and I don't find it terribly cool doing it about Biden. They are men in their mid to late 70s, they are likely wearing slick, dress shoes, which are notorious for having shitty traction. I'm not really going to mind if they stumble, or walk cautiously over inclines. They're fucking geriatric people, stability is one of the first things that declines as you age, assuming you are aging well, without any complications due to other conditions.

Mock them for their policies and views all you want, but try and have some more class than to literally be MOCKING THE FUCKING ELDERLY for being elderly. You don't look good doing it.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Eh, I'm not particularly a fan of mocking the elderly for their inability to go up or down inclines of varying levels of traction. I didn't find it terribly cool when people mocked trump about going down the ramp, and I don't find it terribly cool doing it about Biden. They are men in their mid to late 70s, they are likely wearing slick, dress shoes, which are notorious for having shitty traction. I'm not really going to mind if they stumble, or walk cautiously over inclines. They're fucking geriatric people, stability is one of the first things that declines as you age, assuming you are aging well, without any complications due to other conditions.

Mock them for their policies and views all you want, but try and have some more class than to literally be MOCKING THE FUCKING ELDERLY for being elderly. You don't look good doing it.
I'd like to add a caveat to that;

Unless the person in question has a history of mocking other people, especially people with disabilities out of their control. Then it's fair fucking game.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I agree: with one caveat.

A person doesn't merit the same respect if they are the sort of person who boasts about what a healthy, virile, strong man he is, writes his own health reports, or who openly mocks and belittles others for being weak, physically frail, ill, or disabled. And I think we all know who I'm talking about.

Edit: ninjaed.

Reactions: bluegate

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'd like to add a caveat to that;

Unless the person in question has a history of mocking other people, especially people with disabilities out of their control. Then it's fair fucking game.
I agree: with one caveat.

A person doesn't merit the same respect if they are the sort of person who boasts about what a healthy, virile, strong man he is, writes his own health reports, or who openly mocks and belittles others for being weak, physically frail, ill, or disabled. And I think we all know who I'm talking about.

Edit: ninjaed.
Eh, there is some merit in that, as I certainly don't give a shit about mocking the now dead limbaugh, but I would shit on his grave for his political views, not for the fact that he had cancer itself. This is the equivalent of pointing at someone and laughing like that bully from the Simpson's "Hahah! look at the loser with cancer!"

But I think it's a symptom of a very strange trend to rate the leadership ability of old people, based on their physical abilities. When whether or not they can do physical activities, isn't why we elected them to the positions. Nobody expects the POTUS to strap up and hit the front lines or anything, we want them to be mentally sharp. Which, is another thing that does decline with age, no denying it, but it's often separate from "can this 70+ year old man, easily climb a flight of stairs, or go down a ramp"