Old School Survival Horror games not Resident Evil and Silent HIll.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Same here, but I still prefer the 2nd game. Dino Crisis 2 was basically prototype Devil May Cry minus swords or the dinosaur version of mercenaries mode made in to a 6-8 hour game.
I would not got that far with comparing Dino Crisis 2 as a proto Devil May Cry game.

If anything was a Proto Devil May Cry it was Onimusha and even thought that is with an *

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I would not got that far with comparing Dino Crisis 2 as a proto Devil May Cry game.

If anything was a Proto Devil May Cry it was Onimusha and even thought that is with an *
II am well aware of Onimusha, it's history to how it ties production wise with DMC, and played that too back in the day, but Dino Crisis 2 feels like a guns only prototype DMC more so. They share even more gameplay elements between the two than Onimusha.

• Upgradable weapons or adding more power to weapons. Devil May Cry 2 and later entries allowed you to upgrade the power of your guns.
  • How you get said weapons from points/orbs by doing high combos for as long as possible without taking damage. In Dino Crisis 2 to get higher points faster you need the no damage bonus in each combat encounter to get the best weapons faster or early. To get new moves or upgrades faster in DMC, you need to keep that Style meter on constant high and not take damage as much as possible.
  • Both games have a ranking system based on combos and not taking damage.
  • DC2 has a combo counter, while DMC has the Style meter.
  • Both are action focused. DC1 was RE with dinosaurs, and the DMC franchise lost most of its horror elements after 2. 5 breifly brought some of it back, but more subtle.