Old video game commercials you remember.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Bah, you youngsters and your "old" commercials; I'm surprised to have found this one in color.

EDIT: I'd forgotten Buster Douglas had a videogame. Dude was the first to beat Mike Tyson, did jack shit else, but the second Tyson hit the mat, developers were like "we need to make a game about this fucking legend!" What a waste.
Shit was still black and white even by the end of the 80s?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I remember being so hyped for Mad World. I still remember the first trailer, and was excited for what the former Clover Studios would bring to the gaming table. The 30 Second Ad barely got any play time on TV, but you mostly find it on TV(s) at a GameStop. I've seen the commercial a couples at home, late at night on adult_swim. Some times Comedy Central too.

[
Does Platinum do work for SEGA?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Does Platinum do work for SEGA?
Not as much as they used to. They mainly become independent now. They're doing work for Bayonetta 3, that's more so for themselves and Nintendo. Sega still owns the character though. Other than Bayonetta 2, the last thing Sega related they did was Vanquish.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I would like to add another trailer:

When I saw this trailer, I was blown away by the fact that 1. THERE'S ANOTHER ZELDA GAME? and 2. HOLY SHIT, WII is so different!

While I couldn't get wii, I did get TP on my gamecube. It became of my most played and beloved gc games I had. I still have the same gamecube and the copy of the game. I can probably sell them for quite a price, but they are too special for me

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It became of my most played and beloved gc games I had. I still have the same gamecube and the copy of the game. I can probably sell them for quite a price, but they are too special for me
I am never giving up my GameCube. I still have it and my Wii as a back up. Too many great games on both consoles.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I am never giving up my GameCube. I still have it and my Wii as a back up. Too many great games on both consoles.
Yep. Other greatness I have on my gc are: TLOR: Return of the king, MGS: Twin Snakes, Lego SW 1 & 2, Zelda Wind Waker, Timesplitters 2, Metroid Prime, and Smash Bros Melee. It's so weird that I've bough and sold PS4, XB360, XB1, and all the games, but Gamecube has never been removed from my posession.

I do wish I had more games on GC. I'm pretty sure I missed out on other greatness such as RE4, Mario Sunshine, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yep. Other greatness I have on my gc are: TLOR: Return of the king, MGS: Twin Snakes, Lego SW 1 & 2, Zelda Wind Waker, Timesplitters 2, Metroid Prime, and Smash Bros Melee. It's so weird that I've bough and sold PS4, XB360, XB1, and all the games, but Gamecube has never been removed from my posession.

I do wish I had more games on GC. I'm pretty sure I missed out on other greatness such as RE4, Mario Sunshine, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
I have:

• Luigi's Mansion
  • Smash Bros. Melee
  • Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
  • Custom Robo
  • Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
  • Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Sonic Mega Collection
  • Dead to Rights
  • Ikaruga
  • Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2
  • Rouge Squadron II
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
  • NFL Blitz 2003
I used to have Serious Sam: The Next Encounter and True Crime 1, but I sold those due to beating them once and never touching again. Sonic Gems Collection I sold due to not being a good collection.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren