On Racism...Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
T... The youtube comments, they hurt my soul!
I know what you mean dude...Every comment i read my brain loses 10 brain cells...
Lets make it a drinking game, everytime you facepalm, you drink some wine!

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
I know what you mean dude...Every comment i read my brain loses 10 brain cells...
But... But... But I?d get cirrhosis or alcohol poisoning.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
the 'go back to where you came from' bit reminded me of Russel Howard's story where the black guy said "I am, that's why I'm on the train."
Volf99 said:
Btw, I'm ignorant on the subject, but are laws that are passed in England held up in places like Scotland? Or does Scotland have its own laws on what you can or can't say?
We Scots can pass our own laws through Holyrood, but we need to send them to your gumment and Queenie before they become legislation. We also need your laws, so we can't go around calling people we don't like fag immigrant n****s.
doesnt mean the neds dont.
oh look, she's a chav (the English import rebranding of neds)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Your on my good friend!

Just so you kngh i wijjh wim becaghsr i nedfr gert dru... *thud*

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Viral_Lola said:
imnotparanoid said:
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Exactly! The first one to die from alcohol no longer has to live on a planet with these people!
The loser cleans the vomit!
SOUND LIKE FUN!

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
There's another thread on this but I'll say here what I've said there:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
well I won't claim to know UK(English?British?)laws on freedom of speech, but if she did this in America, then you know what I'm about to say....which is that she has the freedom to say that. Guess what? I'm also Polish (1/4) and I think she has the RIGHT to say that (if it was in America) regardless of whether or not I agree with it. A great man once said,

"I may not like what you have to say, but I will fight for your right to say it"
- Voltaire
Yeah, she has the right to say it. Other people, however, have the right to not be abused for the colour of their skin, and the latter trumps the former I'm afraid. I'm 1/2 American, 1/8 Polish and a fraction of Irish mixed in with my English blood, I recognise her every right to say it. But I recognise other peoples' right not to be abused.
EDIT: Our human rights are the same as yours, for future reference.
Off topic, but I'm curious about something because I notice that European people seem to do this when bringing up ethnicity. What exactly is "American"? What ethnicity is that? Last I checked there wasn't one American ethnicity, even if you mean White there is still a number of ethnicities that could include like English/Irish/German/Spanish/Danish/Russian/Polish/Italian.
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.

Also since I saw you ask earlier, Scotland tends to be pretty independent when it comes to laws. They don't like us (English) telling them what they can and can't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Volf99 said:
well I won't claim to know UK(English?British?)laws on freedom of speech, but if she did this in America, then you know what I'm about to say....which is that she has the freedom to say that.
In british law, abusive behaviour directed at an individual(s) is specifically not covered by freedom of speech.

In practice, being a prick is unlikely to get you arrested unless you start calling for someone to be attacked/killed/harmed, then you fall foul of an entirely seperate set of laws about the incitement of violence. That will get arrested double quick.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
well I won't claim to know UK(English?British?)laws on freedom of speech, but if she did this in America, then you know what I'm about to say....which is that she has the freedom to say that. Guess what? I'm also Polish (1/4) and I think she has the RIGHT to say that (if it was in America) regardless of whether or not I agree with it. A great man once said,

"I may not like what you have to say, but I will fight for your right to say it"
- Voltaire
Yeah, she has the right to say it. Other people, however, have the right to not be abused for the colour of their skin, and the latter trumps the former I'm afraid. I'm 1/2 American, 1/8 Polish and a fraction of Irish mixed in with my English blood, I recognise her every right to say it. But I recognise other peoples' right not to be abused.
Off topic, but I'm curious about something because I notice that European people seem to do this when bringing up ethnicity. What exactly is "American"? What ethnicity is that? Last I checked there wasn't one American ethnicity, even if you mean White there is still a number of ethnicities that could include like English/Irish/German/Spanish/Danish/Russian/Polish/Italian.
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.

Also since I saw you ask earlier, Scotland tends to be pretty independent when it comes to laws. They don't like us (English) telling them what they can and can't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.
Well yeah if you really want to nitpick, which I don't so, whatever.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
arc1991 said:
Brawndo said:
lol @ OP moving to Australia or America to look for tolerance and equality

There are racist people everywhere.
No, i'm just asking how it's different.

Never ONCE have i heard complaints about English people living in America...yet we hear about black people moving to Britain/America all the time.
Maybe not... But Australia is a different matter.

"Go home you Bloody poms..."

Eh. Still, this video is from England, and I get people asking me about my last name... And my accent.
I'm A British citizen.
My last name is Polish.
I was born in Australia.
My mother is Dutch.

And my accent is such a mess that nobody gets it right. (Australians think I'm American of all things, while recently someone asked if I was Scandinavian.)

So, I'm 1/2 dutch, 1/4 english, 1/4 polish... And born in Australia.
Fortunately, I'm white, which prevents people throwing those kinds of racist remarks at me. (Though the woman in the video was slagging off the polish as well.)

You know what my response would be to 'go back where you came from?'

Well, I don't have a home is all I can really say. I have dual citizenship, but I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

Based on where I was born It'd be Australia. Based on my genetics it'd be the Netherlands.

Based on my last name, it would be Poland. Which would be the stupidest idea ever, because I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about Poland...

So yeah... Issues of ethnicity are a mess to anyone that hasn't lived in the same country their whole life, and can trace their entire family back to that self-same country for generations.

Although at least this was an English woman.

A white American (or Australian for that matter) telling this to anyone is just taking the piss. (White Americans ARE the foreigners in any real historical sense.)

bit_crusherrr

Jan 21, 2011
The woman who is the focus of the video is bang out of order. However the black woman saying "you don't want to work" really rustled my jimmies. I'm sick of people saying the English are lazy and don't want to work. I'm on JSA myself and I work for 4 hours a week. Doing this doesn't get me any extra money as its taken off me by the DWP. But I'm working as that's all I've been able to find. I've met tons of people on courses I've been on through the Job Centre in a similar position to me who want to work but are having a hard time finding jobs.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Viral_Lola said:
imnotparanoid said:
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Exactly! The first one to die from alcohol no longer has to live on a planet with these people!
The loser cleans the vomit!
SOUND LIKE FUN!
I think I would aim to get alcohol poisoning. *aside- What a morbid aim to get.* Cirrhosis takes a while to kill you.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
the 'go back to where you came from' bit reminded me of Russel Howard's story where the black guy said "I am, that's why I'm on the train."
Volf99 said:
Btw, I'm ignorant on the subject, but are laws that are passed in England held up in places like Scotland? Or does Scotland have its own laws on what you can or can't say?
We Scots can pass our own laws through Holyrood, but we need to send them to your gumment and Queenie before they become legislation. We also need your laws, so we can't go around calling people we don't like fag immigrant n****s.
doesnt mean the neds dont.
oh look, she's a chav (the English import rebranding of neds)
I wonder if North Ireland has the same requirements, because if this women got arrested for saying what she said, how is it that the Orange Order doesn't get arrested? Aren't they like the North Ireland version of the KKK towards Catholics?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

- Voltaire

Well yeah if you really want to nitpick, which I don't so, whatever.
I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, I was genuinely confused by people stating that they are ethnically American, that's all.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Satsuki666 said:
Volf99 said:

- Voltaire
Hate speech and racism are not covered by freedom of speech.
I can't speak for Canada, but in the US, as long as its not "fighting words" hate speech is covered by the First Amendment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
EDIT: Thought I'd throw this in here to cover both threads. Which will win? You decide!

"I GONE N I VOTE BNP CUZ I LUV DEM BRITZ N ALL WE LUVLY PEEPOLE WE ALL DOYIN COS DEESE BLAADY FORAANERS WEREZ ALL DA LUVLY BRITUSH LIK ME OI WEESH DIZ CUNTRY WER SAMFIN EGEN WIIIISH WAZ MOAR LIK ME INIT YAH."

Stupid ****.
Reads like a joke comment to me.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Levethian said:
Woodsey said:
EDIT: Thought I'd throw this in here to cover both threads. Which will win? You decide!

"I GONE N I VOTE BNP CUZ I LUV DEM BRITZ N ALL WE LUVLY PEEPOLE WE ALL DOYIN COS DEESE BLAADY FORAANERS WEREZ ALL DA LUVLY BRITUSH LIK ME OI WEESH DIZ CUNTRY WER SAMFIN EGEN WIIIISH WAZ MOAR LIK ME INIT YAH."

Stupid ****.
Reads like a joke comment to me.
Uuh... yep.

You know I was taking the piss out of the woman, not quoting a poster on here?