On Racism...Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

Grant Hobba

Aug 30, 2010
I hate racism...

I hate people like her.... and I hate foreign people who do not speak english but get higher qualification jobs (without the training, qualification or even experience) just because of equal opportunity system here (Australia).

I am as Irish/Australian as they come, and yes I have little nit picking complaints like equal opportunity schemes should only exist if there is equal qualification or lack of English speaking holding up public transport.

But at the end of the day... racism is wrong. My complaints are with the system not the people. This is wrong and that lady needs to be put away.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Octogunspunk said:
Is it even surprising that indigenous Europeans are frustrated with how much their countries have changed? It's a shame, evident even in this thread, that people have been so brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media into believing that mass immigration and multiculturalism is good for Britain and Europe.

I'm perfectly ok with a minority of non-Whites/non-Europeans permanently residing in Britain. As long as they stay minorities which cannot influence UK politics or attempt to impose their own cultural + racial values upon the British, English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish people.

That woman was drunk though. Her words may have been heartfelt, but she'll be regretting them in the morning... it was an unpleasant rant, and she does not do Britain any favours by voicing her anger in such a vulgar, inarticulate manner.
Nick Griffin on The Escapist? Typical utterly abhorrent racist views with the slightest sheen of decency.

'Brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media', brilliant.

LilithSlave said:
I hate to be the one to make this type of post two days in a row, but...

You know, if you call this sort of thing too hateful and racist and intrusive to be legal, and arrest the woman, by the same logic, shouldn't you be able to arrest internet trolls? Internet trolls are also very intrusive people who are pretty well impossible to avoid unless you do not use the internet to begin with.

Just logically, it seems like if you should arrest such a woman for such speech, you ought to be able to censor the internet. Just making a comparison. I'm not condoning such speech. I just don't see how it's much different from internet trolling, other than it's irl, which doesn't mean much.

Either way, it doesn't look like this is the type of youtube video I should be giving a view to, curious as I may be.
You didn't see the recent story where an internet troll did actually get arrested? For posting offensive comments on a Facebook tribute page?

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Its always disheartening to see stuff like this. But it must be remembered that the fast majority of British people are not like this. I was born in the UK and lived here for 22 of my 24 years and yet rarely experienced any racism. I'm of mixed british and South East Asian descent and people are more likely to find this enduring or interesting rather than seeing it as a negative thing. I'd actually go to far to say that the UK is one of the more tolerant places in the world, but regardless how tolerant a country is there will always be people like the woman in the video.

bit_crusherrr

Jan 21, 2011
maninahat said:
bit_crusherrr said:
The woman who is the focus of the video is bang out of order. However the black woman saying "you don't want to work" really rustled my jimmies. I'm sick of people saying the English are lazy and don't want to work. I'm on JSA myself and I work for 4 hours a week. Doing this doesn't get me any extra money as its taken off me by the DWP. But I'm working as that's all I've been able to find. I've met tons of people on courses I've been on through the Job Centre in a similar position to me who want to work but are having a hard time finding jobs.
She wasn't really saying that English people are lazy (though one might think that is what she meant). The jobs immigrants take up tend to be the jobs that English people aren't keen to do. like working as a farm hand, or as a fruit picker, or an unskilled labourer. If you've graduated from a university or from higher education (like much of the unemployed teenage/young adult demographic) these sorts of minimum wage jobs aren't very tempting, and they won't pay off the debts or make any use of all that expensive education.

I myself am going through a rough patch, and the only work I've been getting is temp work (unskilled labour). Most of my coworkers are Polish or Latvian. It isn't easy or well paying, so I can see why it would only attract foreign workers who can't get better jobs (due to language barriers/education).
Don't try and rationalise this stereotype that's been forming around the English. I'd pick fruit, I'd work on a farm. People who've just come out of Uni could be any colour. This woman just assumed she was out of work because she was white. Heres a top rated comment on one of the many re-uploaded versions of this videos said that "specificity White British contribute to society the least", and frankly I'm sick of it. In fact I'm fucking sick of it, you have no idea how many times I've been told Polish people want to work more than me. One guy who was fucking English told me his dad tries his best to employ Polish people because they work harder, and that if I wasn't so lazy like all other brits I'd have a job. That pissed me off to no end as I apply for tons of jobs every week and have done since I left college. People see I'm claiming JSA and I'm instantly labelled as another lazy white young person who doesn't want to work as its an inconvenience. Those people are in the minority.

Here's a little anecdote about a bus driver who works for a company who run one of the government training programs for the jobless. He told me before he started his job he thought most unemployed people where unemployable, or just didn't want work, and that after working as a driver and meeting people like myself he was shocked how many intelligent people who are keen to work are long term unemployed. He said he was shocked I'd had such a hard time finding a job, along with the vast majority of people he'd met through driving them back and forth to the training place.

There are people abusing the system who don't want to work I'll admit it. But they are the minority. Every time I see unemployed people on the TV they try and find the biggest wastes of flesh they can find to help perpetuate the myth that the unemployed are all useless scum. It's the complete opposite.

Rant over.

Aug 25, 2009
Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

New wave of Escapists reveal suprisingly racist side.

Got rather disheartened reading the other thread, so many people seemed to either be agreeing with her, or at least saying that she should be absolutely allowed to say what she wants.

If you really think that's acceptable, then I think you're a fucking idiot who should have been executed at birth so as to not pollute the human genome any further.

Oh I'm sorry, did I offend you? Well according to what you yourself have just said I'm fully allowed to say it and you're not allowed to take offence.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
number2301 said:
Octogunspunk said:
Is it even surprising that indigenous Europeans are frustrated with how much their countries have changed? It's a shame, evident even in this thread, that people have been so brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media into believing that mass immigration and multiculturalism is good for Britain and Europe.

I'm perfectly ok with a minority of non-Whites/non-Europeans permanently residing in Britain. As long as they stay minorities which cannot influence UK politics or attempt to impose their own cultural + racial values upon the British, English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish people.

That woman was drunk though. Her words may have been heartfelt, but she'll be regretting them in the morning... it was an unpleasant rant, and she does not do Britain any favours by voicing her anger in such a vulgar, inarticulate manner.
Nick Griffin on The Escapist? Typical utterly abhorrent racist views with the slightest sheen of decency.

'Brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media', brilliant.
See what I mean? How much of that response is just a subconscious PC knee-jerk reaction, hmm?

Instead of using your head you revert to associating me with some political group you don't like and that's that, you're avoiding any serious argument or questioning of politically correct dogma.

Humza Ahmad

Sep 22, 2011
Poor kid, anyway I never saw any racism or bigotry on any public transportation. Then again I live in NYC so no one is stupid enough to start popping off like that unless they want an ass kicking.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

New wave of Escapists reveal suprisingly racist side.

Got rather disheartened reading the other thread, so many people seemed to either be agreeing with her, or at least saying that she should be absolutely allowed to say what she wants.

If you really think that's acceptable, then I think you're a fucking idiot who should have been executed at birth so as to not pollute the human genome any further.

Oh I'm sorry, did I offend you? Well according to what you yourself have just said I'm fully allowed to say it and you're not allowed to take offence.
*Slow clap*

Oh good, my slowclap processor made it into this thing.

It's a bit extreme to say all that, I reckon. We could always turn Antarctica into what Australia was and send all the bigots/violent criminals there. Problem solves itself! And it's semi-humane to boot. It'll be like what Russia did with Siberia until the 1700's.

MammothBlade

Oct 12, 2011
Razada said:
*sigh*

With luck social services will take her child to a non-abusive home. (As she is willing to swear that much infront of the child the home is abusive, that is verbal abuse not me generalizing)

And again...

*sigh*
I'm sorry, but how does an unfortunate drunken rant justify destroying an entire family? It sounds rather totalitarian to me.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Fucking Croydon. That woman is a disgrace and deserved to be arrested. I just feel sorry for the child.

Volf99 said:
Just do what Americans do, which is state that your parent is English/Polish/German-American.
I can understand why America as a young country wants to hang on to it's old-country roots, but for non-Americans that definition is increasingly meaningless.

Europe has had massive waves of migration throughout recorded history, and national borders change constantly. If we have to reduce things to national borders, you are your nationality as stated on your passport: the one you embrace. Anything else is semantics with an element of xenophobia imo.

One of my grandads was Scottish, the other was a proud cockney ('sound of bow bells' etc.) but I don't identify with either label because they don't describe me in the moment, just what my immediate ancestors identified with.

As one of my friends commented earlier on facebook regarding this topic: 'Thank goodness for immigration. A little broadening of the gene pool tends to erase inbred, narrow minded ignorance.'

LilithSlave said:
You know, if you call this sort of thing too hateful and racist and intrusive to be legal, and arrest the woman, by the same logic, shouldn't you be able to arrest internet trolls? Internet trolls are also very intrusive people who are pretty well impossible to avoid unless you do not use the internet to begin with.
They do:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6390477.stm

Octogunspunk said:
fuuuuu

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Octogunspunk said:
Instead of using your head you revert to associating me with some political group you don't like and that's that, you're avoiding any serious argument or questioning of politically correct dogma.
Alright then, I'll make the economic argument:

Free movement of labour and capital across borders is good for all economies involved. That means immigration is a good thing.

I can give you the full explanation if you like, it'll probably just take a while because I really can't be bothered to explain it right now. I'd prefer if you can look up module 3 of any A-level Economics course, or grab a short introduction of some kind. Focus on labour markets if you want to research it.

You imply that everyone else is brainwashed by the "PC, cultural marxist mainstream media". Now you can prove you're the eminent thinker you purport yourself to be.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
arc1991 said:
imnotparanoid said:
T... The youtube comments, they hurt my soul!
I know what you mean dude...Every comment i read my brain loses 10 brain cells...
If it makes you feel any better, most of the people on Youtube are under the age of 10 and / or kid adults.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
arc1991 said:
No, i'm just asking how it's different.

Never ONCE have i heard complaints about English people living in America...yet we hear about black people moving to Britain/America all the time.
Because it's very rarely about immigration so much as it is about the "coloured" people. It's even more amusing when you consider many of the black folks have been in America for generations and are still treated like they just jumped off a boat.

Satsuki666 said:
Hate speech and racism are not covered by freedom of speech.
They are in the US. The only time they are not is when they violate some other grounds, like incitement or defamation.

MammothBlade

Oct 12, 2011
Danny Ocean said:
Octogunspunk said:
Alright then, I'll make the economic argument:

Free movement of labour and capital across borders is good for all economies involved. That means immigration is a good thing.

I can give you the full explanation if you like, it'll probably just take a while because I really can't be bothered to explain it right now. I'd prefer if you can look up module 3 of any A-level Economics course, or grab a short introduction of some kind. Focus on labour markets if you want to research it.

You imply that everyone else is brainwashed by the "PC, cultural marxist mainstream media". Now you can prove you're the eminent thinker you purport yourself to be.
I beg your pardon, I have studied Business and Economics at undergraduate level, and that doesn't wash with me. You may as well quit with the condescending approach. The economic argument is a sham, at least in human terms. It's an excuse to import cheap labour; the only people who profit are unscrupulous business owners. Meanwhile, unemployment increases as the jobs market becomes overcrowded and impossibly competitive. The lowest rungs lose out the most. There is a strong argument to import skilled, educated workers to fill gaps in the more skilled professions, but when we have millions of unemployed young indigenous Britons, importing cheap low or unskilled immigrant labour, or for that matter unnecessary skilled workers who are not filling a skills gap, is nothing more than a kick to the teeth. "Economically beneficial" for who? Certainly not the average indigenous working classes or young people in general.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
It's a bit extreme to say all that, I reckon. We could always turn Antarctica into what Australia was and send all the bigots/violent criminals there. Problem solves itself! And it's semi-humane to boot. It'll be like what Russia did with Siberia until the 1700's.
Is it bad I genuinley like that idea? Yes? Dam :c