On Racism...Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

zulu.fox

Nov 20, 2011
Volf99 said:
TrilbyWill said:
the 'go back to where you came from' bit reminded me of Russel Howard's story where the black guy said "I am, that's why I'm on the train."
Volf99 said:
Btw, I'm ignorant on the subject, but are laws that are passed in England held up in places like Scotland? Or does Scotland have its own laws on what you can or can't say?
We Scots can pass our own laws through Holyrood, but we need to send them to your gumment and Queenie before they become legislation. We also need your laws, so we can't go around calling people we don't like fag immigrant n****s.
doesnt mean the neds dont.
oh look, she's a chav (the English import rebranding of neds)
I wonder if North Ireland has the same requirements, because if this women got arrested for saying what she said, how is it that the Orange Order doesn't get arrested? Aren't they like the North Ireland version of the KKK towards Catholics?
They are similar to the KKK but they were probably not as extreme. To be honest the Orange Order has quietened down since the Good Friday Agreement. The real threat from these Extremist groups is from organisations like the BNP or the NF. Both of which are gaining support, the BNP leader Nick Griffin is now MEP for my local area, which sometimes keeps me up at night!!

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
bit_crusherrr said:
The woman who is the focus of the video is bang out of order. However the black woman saying "you don't want to work" really rustled my jimmies. I'm sick of people saying the English are lazy and don't want to work. I'm on JSA myself and I work for 4 hours a week. Doing this doesn't get me any extra money as its taken off me by the DWP. But I'm working as that's all I've been able to find. I've met tons of people on courses I've been on through the Job Centre in a similar position to me who want to work but are having a hard time finding jobs.
She wasn't really saying that English people are lazy (though one might think that is what she meant). The jobs immigrants take up tend to be the jobs that English people aren't keen to do. like working as a farm hand, or as a fruit picker, or an unskilled labourer. If you've graduated from a university or from higher education (like much of the unemployed teenage/young adult demographic) these sorts of minimum wage jobs aren't very tempting, and they won't pay off the debts or make any use of all that expensive education.

I myself am going through a rough patch, and the only work I've been getting is temp work (unskilled labour). Most of my coworkers are Polish or Latvian. It isn't easy or well paying, so I can see why it would only attract foreign workers who can't get better jobs (due to language barriers/education).

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
I hope she dies in a terrible fire. Just saying.
And you will love and tolerate her death. ;3

As for me, I can't help but wonder if anyone eventually punched that woman out... I don't care if she is a woman to me a person is a person and if they're spouting off this kind of racist jabber with younglings aboard, someone needs to do something to shut her up. (granted, violence wouldn't be a very good answer either)

Glad to hear she was arrested though

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
She represents the scum of the Earth in my opinion - it's not the people who she's slagging off who are the problem, it's people like her. Scum, in this day and age, in front of her own child no less. Disgraceful.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
There's another thread on this but I'll say here what I've said there:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
well I won't claim to know UK(English?British?)laws on freedom of speech, but if she did this in America, then you know what I'm about to say....which is that she has the freedom to say that. Guess what? I'm also Polish (1/4) and I think she has the RIGHT to say that (if it was in America) regardless of whether or not I agree with it. A great man once said,

"I may not like what you have to say, but I will fight for your right to say it"
- Voltaire
Yeah, she has the right to say it. Other people, however, have the right to not be abused for the colour of their skin, and the latter trumps the former I'm afraid. I'm 1/2 American, 1/8 Polish and a fraction of Irish mixed in with my English blood, I recognise her every right to say it. But I recognise other peoples' right not to be abused.
EDIT: Our human rights are the same as yours, for future reference.
its called freedom of speech. i dont know of a "freedom from being offended by speech" version of that law. also, if its anyone but a white person spouting off like this, is it a crime? if this was directed at white people, would it be a crime? im thinking probably not.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
arc1991 said:
The video only starts when she starts kickig off, so who knows exactly what wound her up enough to start a racist tirade against the entire carriage.

She comes across as completely lacking in any kind of class or sophistication, though, and that's coming from curmugeonly old me who believes immigration should be frozen. Daft woman...

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I hate to be the one to make this type of post two days in a row, but...

You know, if you call this sort of thing too hateful and racist and intrusive to be legal, and arrest the woman, by the same logic, shouldn't you be able to arrest internet trolls? Internet trolls are also very intrusive people who are pretty well impossible to avoid unless you do not use the internet to begin with.

Just logically, it seems like if you should arrest such a woman for such speech, you ought to be able to censor the internet. Just making a comparison. I'm not condoning such speech. I just don't see how it's much different from internet trolling, other than it's irl, which doesn't mean much.

Either way, it doesn't look like this is the type of youtube video I should be giving a view to, curious as I may be.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
WOPR said:
imnotparanoid said:
I hope she dies in a terrible fire. Just saying.
And you will love and tolerate her death. ;3

As for me, I can't help but wonder if anyone eventually punched that woman out... I don't care if she is a woman to me a person is a person and if they're spouting off this kind of racist jabber with younglings aboard, someone needs to do something to shut her up. (granted, violence wouldn't be a very good answer either)

Glad to hear she was arrested though
Loves nice and all, but I prefer fire.
HA HA HA HA FIRE
FLAMES
SO BEUTIFUL YET SO DEADLY
HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Broknhead said:
its called freedom of speech. i dont know of a "freedom from being offended by speech" version of that law. also, if its anyone but a white person spouting off like this, is it a crime? if this was directed at white people, would it be a crime? im thinking probably not.
Yeah, freedom of speech, not freedom of consequences. Don't patronise me.

Yes, yes it is a crime. Do you have reason to think different or are you just paranoid?
If you're going to argue the facts that I'm merely presenting, you're going to need more than what 'you think' about a hypothetical scenario.

Genibus

Nov 21, 2011
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
well I won't claim to know UK(English?British?)laws on freedom of speech, but if she did this in America, then you know what I'm about to say....which is that she has the freedom to say that. Guess what? I'm also Polish (1/4) and I think she has the RIGHT to say that (if it was in America) regardless of whether or not I agree with it. A great man once said,

"I may not like what you have to say, but I will fight for your right to say it"
- Voltaire
Just because you think its okay for people to be bigots and extreme racists doesn't mean its okay to actually say these things as its considered a hate crime.

The right to freedom of expression,does not mean racist bullshit, but to express your ideas in a manner appropriate to society.

So please, knock off with your opinion.

Alexi089

Jun 26, 2011
Mr first thought is we shouldn't blow this out of all proportion like you are here:

arc1991 said:
My faith in my fellow British has just dropped...greatly...
2 angry, irrational people making inflammatory statements based on speculation and skewed fact (the fact being that yes, there are some immigrants who try to play the welfare system in the UK, but there are many, many more who don't) does not equate to a racist majority.

Also, looking for an unbiased or onbjective youtube comment really is like looking for a tiny fragment of needle in a few thousand haystacks. I advise you keep them turned off in future, especially for topics as contentious as racism.

My second is that I quite like Morgan Freeman's general outlook which can be summed up as:

Race is only an issue if you make it an issue. (Note, that this isn't the same as culture. I generally don't like suggestions that people should have to comprimise their culture, unless there's something genuinely dangerous or offensive about the behaviour, but that's another enormous subject for another day)

In my experience (admittedly only 22 years), most secure and satisfied people aren't racist. I think most racists just want to feel part of an exclusive club in a bid to feel superior, a bit like cliques in highschool or football rioters. Have you ever noticed how almost all football rioters interviewed on TV are unemployed? This woman is probably like that, otherwise she wouldn't be ostracising people on a train, she'd be researching immigration statistics and UK policy to form a reasoned argument for a revised immigration policy.

I'm sure if you went to Australia or America you'd find someone somewhere who'd take exception to you not being from 'these here parts!'. See racism for what it is: A problem created by individuals, not entire societies.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Oh, I guess the Britain I live in isn't the same as hers?

'Cos as far as I know the Britain I live in is a mongrel of a country anyway and has been that way for centuries...

In fact, most if not all aspects of British culture is borrowed from other countries...

Shit, a couple of centuries ago our language was a mix between Latin and Islamic...

Nowadays it's built up from the original to include dialects from just about every country in the world...

And hell, since she's jumping on the race-wagon how's this for an eye opener, there is no such thing as a pure British person.

Our monarchy has German blood in it for Christ's sake!

What does she have to say about that?

She should be shipped out to a desert, buried up to her neck and left for the birds....

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Is it even surprising that indigenous Europeans are frustrated with how much their countries have changed? It's a shame, evident even in this thread, that people have been so brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media into believing that mass immigration and multiculturalism is good for Britain and Europe.

I'm perfectly ok with a minority of non-Whites/non-Europeans permanently residing in Britain. As long as they stay minorities which cannot influence UK politics or attempt to impose their own cultural + racial values upon the British, English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish people.

That woman was drunk though. Her words may have been heartfelt, but she'll be regretting them in the morning... it was an unpleasant rant, and she does not do Britain any favours by voicing her anger in such a vulgar, inarticulate manner.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Genibus said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

- Voltaire
Just because you think its okay for people to be bigots and extreme racists doesn't mean its okay to actually say these things as its considered a hate crime.

The right to freedom of expression,does not mean racist bullshit, but to express your ideas in a manner appropriate to society.

So please, knock off with your opinion.
The US grants people the freedom to be racist a**holes, just look at the public KKK rallies and the march of Neo-Nazi's through Skokie.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.

Also since I saw you ask earlier, Scotland tends to be pretty independent when it comes to laws. They don't like us (English) telling them what they can and can't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.
But American refers to a person from the US, which is a country, so it makes as much sense as saying Polish or German ethnicity.

It is hard to define ethnicity, because it is a matter of where you draw the line. I mean, if you go way back, everyone has anscestors that came from Africa, so is all of humanity one ethnicity? If I were to move to a different country, how many generations would pass before they would be ethnically tied to that country.

Personally, I'm a big fan of having where you were born be your ethnicity.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Please note the burberry cap in the possession of the child, I am therefore hardly surprised. ;)

Good on the black woman telling her to shut up, and good on that white woman at the end for telling her to shut up. Also good on the white girlfriend of the black guy behind her for stopping him from ripping her head off. She doesn't deserve violence, just to be deported out of the country she was born in that she doesn't deserve to live in. I don't know why she feels so entitled to the wonderful benefits of this country while not even remotely upholding the values of it. Our favourite meal is a fucking curry, we adore multiculturalism.

Plus I hope we're all mature enough to realise one mental woman on a bus is not representative of Britain.

Octogunspunk said:
That woman was drunk though. Her words may have been heartfelt, but she'll be regretting them in the morning... it was an unpleasant rant, and she does not do Britain any favours by voicing her anger in such a vulgar, inarticulate manner.
She was drunk whilst looking after and responsible for her kid? Wow, I actually managed to like her less...

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
WaderiAAA said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.

Also since I saw you ask earlier, Scotland tends to be pretty independent when it comes to laws. They don't like us (English) telling them what they can and can't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.
But American refers to a person from the US, which is a country, so it makes as much sense as saying Polish or German ethnicity.

It is hard to define ethnicity, because it is a matter of where you draw the line. I mean, if you go way back, everyone has anscestors that came from Africa, so is all of humanity one ethnicity? If I were to move to a different country, how many generations would pass before they would be ethnically tied to that country.

Personally, I'm a big fan of having where you were born be your ethnicity.
Just do what Americans do, which is state that your parent is English/Polish/German-American.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
In Sweden there is a nice law about stuff like this, it's called "hets mot folkgrupp" which basically translates to "hate/threatening against ethinc group". You can say whatever you want, but if you threaten somebody or somepeople then you are not protected by freedom of speech. I like it, it means our politicians or extremists or anyone can't go around saying we should commit genocide.