One game you would play on Halloween?

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Yep, Fatal Frame or Silent Hill. My friends and I tend to get together and play one of these late at night on Halloween. It's fuuuun since some of them are complete chicken wusses, and their freak outs end up scaring the rest of us too. xD

Michael Keating

Apr 4, 2010
If my graphics hardware (laptop with integrated graphics, so yeah, unlikely) is going to be able to run it, I'll definitely have a crack at running Amnesia. If not, Penumbra. if not, fuck it, it's a TF night for me. Or LOTRO. Or another playthrough of Terranigma.

Or actually showing up to that party I've been saying I'd go to for the past month.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Costume Quest! Sure, it's not scary (unless you're a sentient piece of candy), but it's a lot of fun, and it's an actual Halloween-themed game.

If I did want to play a scary game, I might try out Amnesia. Or maybe Dead Space.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Amnesia: The Dark Descent would probably be #1

However, surprisingly I find myself jumping at zombies/skeletons/gouls when exploring caves in Minecraft (and, sadly, dying and then half my stuff burning in the lava nearby :( )

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Resident Evil (Gamecube ver). Such a creapily good-looking horror game. I would say Eternal Darkness, but that's not very scary at all. Either that or Cursed Mountain. Not the best looking game, but still plenty atmospheric.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
adam5396 said:
Penumbra...Or FEAR if I get my hands on it. But most likely Penumbra
Then it's Penumbra. I played both, first the scary one, then FEAR, and I can tell you... oh, I think I just did tell you what I wanted to tell you...

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Well Bioshock's discounted down to $5 on steam this year, so I guess I'll be playing that this Halloween.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I'm going to be traditional about it and play Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. I don't think anything i have would be more fitting for Halloween evening. Amnesia is fun, but it's not quite the same "doesn't take itself quite so seriously" Halloween vibe you get from something like Undead Nightmare.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Horny Ico said:
Please, tell me everything you do between finding the blue candles and the final boss. I've been trying to finish that game for a year now!
Sorry i kinda speed run through the game last night (kinda) but i still ended up not finishing it before dawn,and i have to go to work, but i don't recall any significant blue candles though,except the blue lantern save points.