One Last Hobbit Trailer Plus a Comic-Con Cast Reunion

harpere

May 20, 2014
One Last Hobbit Trailer Plus a Comic-Con Cast Reunion

Are we about to see the end of Peter Jackson's involvement in Middle-earth? Maybe not.

Read Full Article

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I wouldn't mind if he stepped away and let someone else handle further adaptations of whatevers left of the franchise, back with Lotr 3 i would have ben excited for more but after seeing what he did to King Kong and The Hobbit i can't say i want more. I hope the last one redeems the series but if it doesn't i'm just gonna sit back and wait patiently for the much needed remake.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
MrBaskerville said:
I wouldn't mind if he stepped away and let someone else handle further adaptations of whatevers left of the franchise, back with Lotr 3 i would have ben excited for more but after seeing what he did to King Kong and The Hobbit i can't say i want more. I hope the last one redeems the series but if it doesn't i'm just gonna sit back and wait patiently for the much needed remake.
Amen brother!

He should just call it quits now, by whatever standard you measure it by the Hobbit films just haven't been close to as good as the LoTR trilogy.

Maybe turning The Hobbit into a trilogy in the first place is the problem?

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I think he would handle the rest of the Legendarium well. It is a far more mature collection of stories that would be more like LotR than the light-hearted vibe of The Hobbit.

I do have serious doubts that the Silmarillion could be done as a mere trilogy. The Children of Hurin could be two movies itself and it is constructed from sections of The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
If they took 3 movies to do The Hobbit it would take something like 27 films to do The Silmarillion.