One Million Moms Fights Gay Superheroes

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
One Million Moms Fights Gay Superheroes

"This is ridiculous! Why do adult gay men need comic superheroes as role models? They don't but do want to indoctrate [sic] impressionable young minds by placing these gay characters on pedestals in a positive light," they continued. "These companies are heavily influencing our youth by using children's superheroes to desensitize and brainwash them in thinking that a gay lifestyle choice is normal and desirable."
This is hilarious. "These companies...", these mums are likely people who have no problem with their 7 year old daughters watching keeping up with the Kardashians and they wish to direct blame at comic books for corrupting their youth.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
monkeymo4d said:
I wonder who it could be *looks at guy with blue and red FABULOUS tights* . But seriously its these fundamentalist busy body moms like these who give Christianity a ba-......worse name.
Couldn't be Supes, he's TOO iconic. if it's anyone from Justice League frontpage material, my money's on Green Arrow, Flash, or Aquaman.

Anyway, these women are stupid.
And should be treated as such
just like all the parents who think Star Wars and Harry Potter are gateways into evil

There are perfectly good reasons to never bother with comics, star wars, or harry potter WITHOUT inventing new ones

the captcha is about god damned chucklefucking PAMPERS

Fuck you, escapist decision makers

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
If I was a really high level executive at Marvel who knew the company was going to shut down very soon, I would order the writers and artists to make a comic featuring a gay gang bang of all the superheroes to burn as many bridges as possible. Oh, it would also be a nazi themed orgy with Hitler as the DJ.

I know this doesn't have much to do with angry conservative white women bitching about comic books, but I wanted to get that idea out there.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
So...its all fine and good to have a hero (The Punisher) torture a man's balls with a car battery....but not okay for two guys to kiss each other and say I love you?

I have never seen people come out and say that the Punisher is corrupting youth. You know the ax crazy demented PSYCHOPATHIC MASS MURDERER.
But to suddenly see people enraged that something HARMLESS is bad?

Priorities women!

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
TheTurtleMan said:
If I was a really high level executive at Marvel who knew the company was going to shut down very soon, I would order the writers and artists to make a comic featuring a gay gang bang of all the superheroes to burn as many bridges as possible. Oh, it would also be a nazi themed orgy with Hitler as the DJ.
I'm pretty sure that actually happens in The Boys...

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
iRevanchist said:
Is it just me or will 2012 be viewed as the start of the gay rights movement in twenty years?
hardly, my country legalized gay marriage in 2001.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I love it when trolling backfires; try to get something banned & all you do is help sell it even faster.

Monkeymanbob

May 6, 2012
I think One Million Moms may have a point. After reading comics for a number of decades I find myself eyeing world domination and blackmailing countries with my ray of death. I think it time to start watching CSI and learning how to murder people more effectively.

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
Monkeymanbob said:
I think One Million Moms may have a point. After reading comics for a number of decades I find myself eyeing world domination and blackmailing countries with my ray of death. I think it time to start watching CSI and learning how to murder people more effectively.
Watch Dexter then.

Monkeymanbob

May 6, 2012
Tordenskjold said:
Oh come on, who do they think they're fooling.. Everyone knows Aquaman is gay.
Ain't no way he's gay.
The guys fingers smell of fish all the time, he's a player.

If Flash is gay, well friction burns ahoy. Gonna need shares in vaseline.

My money is on the Atom. Don't be surprise to see him carrying small cardboard tubes.

Monkeymanbob

May 6, 2012
Ace Verret said:
Monkeymanbob said:
Watch Dexter then.
No variation, he always offs people the same way - table/knife combo. I'm looking for a way to take my creativity in a new directon since comics will turn me gay and not wishing to become a gay, it's not for me. I have no natural rhythm.

Volkov

Dec 4, 2010
Don't care about the conservative dumb bitches, but, as far as which superhero is gay - could it be ALL OF THEM???

mrblakemiller

Aug 13, 2010
"The whole thing is beyond odious, and the suggestion that exposure to gay superheroes could somehow "indoctrinate" children into homosexuality betrays a stunning level of ignorance, fear and even hatred."

No. No, it isn't. Maybe ignorance, since the chances of a child wanting to be like the one gay couple in comics instead of the dozens of straight couples is low. But you can be against gay marriage without fearing or hating anyone, and until the pro-gay marriage camp (of which I'm basically one) sees that, they won't change hearts and minds.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Homophobes, ASSEMB--wait, no, sorry, wrong group.

Ooh, Plastic Man, I'd forgotten about him for a bit. He'd be great as a pansexual character, since, well, he could do whatever they wanted. Twice. And then do it the other way. How did I know think of him before?