One Million Moms Fights Gay Superheroes

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Blimey, first we had a large helping of...

"i r n0t a homof0be but i tink it wron an unorml 4 som reson and it shouldt be ok btw i saw a gay once so i not homfobe"

And now...

"Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!"

We're gathering together a rather representative list of common excuses here, aren't we?

Welcome to the World of Tomorrow, ladies! Where unreasonable societal norms come to die.

Jenvas1306

May 1, 2012
what is about all those poor children who will be gay later but first have to overcome the indoctrination of having to be hetero? some never get there and have a miserable life

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
FYI, OMM has since deleted their post concerning the issue. Apparently they got worked over pretty hard by the comic book loving community and, you know, normal people that could explain that comic books are not necessarily enjoyed by children. Next up: Crying that Anime is the 'bad' and that cartoons are for children! Adults who enjoy it are pedophiles! /facepalm.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
rayen020 said:

at first i wanted to pull lines and crack jokes. but the more i read the more i realized i couldn't make anything funnier than what they were actually saying.

on a more serious note, what total homophobes. this is beyond ridiculous. besides how is marvel putting northstar in positive light? they made him canadian.
And we all know what Canada is, in the Marvelverse: miles and miles of virgin snow, punctuated by the occasional claw or steel-tentacle-wielding mutant, with the requisite super-duper secret base for the development of horribly named mutant prototypes.

Oh, and Victoria B.C. is just a log cabin. A single log cabin. Nope, there's nothing else.

I bet you could walk up to Professor Xavier, ask him if he's ever had to dispatch the team to Montreal and he'd go "Montree-what, now?"

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Yep, because gay people can never ever be admirable or heroic, and being gay is totally not a concept that children should understand, I mean it's not like you could just have a simple discussion with your kid and say "Yeah, some people love other people of the same gender," because god knows that would require those dumbasses to actually do their damn jobs as parents which is clearly too much to ask, no bitching about it is obviously much easier.

I really hate this group, I really really do. It combines the absolute worst of parental watchdog groups (Which I hate) with bigotry and homophobia(Also things I hate). I cannot stress how much hate I have for these people and any who share their ideals, they are among the worst brainwashing, child-bubbling, ignorant scum on this planet.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
And right about now 1 million homophobic moms need to shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down for the sake of our society. Jesus fucking Christ, why can't people just let gay people have their way, fuckin' hell it's annoying. MY GOD!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Does anyone even care what those bitches have to say? If DC decides to make one of their characters gay it's their business. And it's not like it's going to be Batman or Superman. That would kill their business.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Why do we let bigots breed again?

No, seriously...
My guess? Lack of napalm.

OT: I'll show them where they can cram it... I mean, seriously? You, get off of this planet.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Jenvas1306 said:
what is about all those poor children who will be gay later but first have to overcome the indoctrination of having to be hetero? some never get there and have a miserable life
Presumably that suffering is alright in their eyes, because "It's what nature/god intended". It also give you an interesting perspective on some people's worth; that keeping up the facades and appearances of acceptable, conservative normallity is considered far more important than the well being (and possibly the life) of their child.

In the spirit of Seth's suggestion, I need something cute to regain my composure...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/312/884/551.jpg

That's better. And at least somewhat LGBT-related, come to think of it...

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
downsyndromechimp said:
After reading through about half of the replies, I'm reminded why I am a conservative instead of a liberal. I use logic.
So straight away you resort to using insults. This should be fun...

downsyndromechimp said:
My problem here isn't that I think the group against a gay comic character is right. It's just that out of the forty-some-odd replies I read which had all decried their intentions, not one could come up with a logical argument as to WHY the opposing side is wrong.
You know what at this point we shouldn't even need to. If there was the same outcry at a superhero being black for example, you wouldn't be saying 'but why is it wrong that they don't want black characters in comics?'

downsyndromechimp said:
And, NO, the phrase "it's wrong because it's wrong!" is not a logical argument.
Who said it was?

downsyndromechimp said:
You see, from the standpoint of One Million Moms, homosexuality is a choice. If this is what you believe, then the logical assumption would be that exposure to homosexuality at a young age COULD have an impact on any sexual decision that person would make later on in life.
(not that I agree with that...)
See the problem here is that their standpoint is just flatout wrong. It's not a matter of opinion, it's not up for debate; it's wrong. Homosexuality is not a choice and the One Million Moms are trying to stamp out any mention of homosexuality on the (incorrect) assumption that it is a choice. Not that I'd see a problem with it being a choice anyway but whatever.

downsyndromechimp said:
But, all I see from the rest of you is "Why do we let them breed?" and "I hate people like that!"
It's called hyperbole, look it up sometime.

downsyndromechimp said:
So please, PLEASE, someone with an IQ above 70:
Take this as the challenge it is meant to be and form a cogent argument in favor of your position.

Or don't. Potheads. :)
Again with the insults. Something tells me you're not going to last long around here.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
There is one reason their argument makes no sense whatsoever, when children who become gay in later life saw Superman and Batman as straight, they didn't change their sexuality to be like superman and batman, so why would straight children become gay to be like a gay superhero

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
wow they really have nothing better to do.
if I ever get the position I will make a kids TV show with a homosexual character just to spite them

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
:p I'm reminded of a bit from a Lewis Black joke.

"There's just some things you should think...and then not say. Like you don't say out loud that homosexuality is a threat to the American family. --- But maybe I'm wrong! Maybe there is a group of gay banditos! And every day the don their black cloaks and hoods and matching pumps, then they get into their van and drive from village to dell. And when night begins to fall, they pull into a cul-de-sac where only one house stands. And in the window, a young American family is just sitting down to their first dinner. And these queers - theeeeeeeese queers - sneak across the lawn, kick open the front door, and start FUCKING EACH OTHER IN THE ASS!!! And another American family is destroyed!"

But yeah, personally I'd rather have a new gay hero rather than a rebooted gay hero, but as far as having a gay hero in general: it's really nothing to get into a huff about. Homosexuals do indeed exist, some people just need to come to terms with this fact.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Susan Arendt said:
rolfwesselius said:
And my parents still wonder why i hate religious people.
Not all religious people are narrowminded ninnys.
While true, it would be nice for some of them to step up and say NOT COOL while all of these hate groups are speaking.

"I will fight for change... as long as it's not my ass on the line"

and

"All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing."
Agreed.