One Million Moms Want Same-Sex Archie Comic Out of Toys 'R' Us

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
So, why shouldn't your kid ask questions about this stuff? What do the the parents not want to do anything that could result in their kid not being 'normal'?

It would be nice if one day society can reach the point when kids don't even question things like racism or homophobia because they see no reason not to accept people for who they are.

Other thing, if you don't like a stores policies, just don't go there. Don't try and force your values onto a larger group just because you 'think' you represent them.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Volf said:
Elate said:
Do me a favor and go see comment #162
You might wanna edit your first comment, otherwise you'll get a lot more flak to come.

But alright, I'm curious though, what is your reason for being opposed to such a thing?

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Volf said:
Elate said:
Volf said:
Elate said:
Do me a favor and go see comment #162
You might wanna edit your first comment, otherwise you'll get a lot more flak to come.

But alright, I'm curious though, what is your reason for being opposed to such a thing?
...opposed to what? I retracted my comment
Yea but I'm lazy and I can't be bothered to go read every comment, and I saw one saying you were opposed but didn't want to derail (Might have got the wrong end of the stick on that one) So I'm assuming based on your view and things you said that you do not view same sex marriage as opposite sex marriage. I just wanted to know why not?

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Argh! Homophobic groups! It's the year 2012! When you were young you lived through Milk's term in office! You lived through the Don't ask Don't tell fiasco! Your kids see homosexuality not as a bad thing, but as you tell them it's a bad thing they grow up believing it's a evil! So what if the head of an Internationale company is gay? So what if a long running comic want's to change it up once and a while? Openly gay relationships have been happening for decades. And you think attacking the comics for showing love is bad role modeling? Wtf! Look at yourself One Million Moms, if you want your kids to not see this then don't buy them the comic. If you want to censor what your kids see, fine, but just don't attack something head on because it disagrees with you. And I thought we were more civilized.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
that is what happens when dumb people have too much free time on themselves....
its sad that some people care SO MUCH about what random strangers do in THEIR OWN beds.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I think the Simpsons have the best answer in regard to these moms.

Er.....how do I make the above link appear as a video clip?

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFamedaS1g

type [ youtube= ] after that = you put the part of the youtube link that follows the ?v= (only what follows so not the ?v=)

I know a better song but i can not link it due to the text. So i will just be singing Lilly Allen's Fuck you very much ;)

/edit no spaces when you type it though

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
D Moness said:
Corporal Yakob said:

type [ youtube= ] after that = you put the part of the youtube link that follows the ?v=

I know a better song but i can not link it due to the text. So i will just be singing Lilly Allen's Fuck you very much ;)

Well now I've gone and completely buggered it up!

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
D Moness said:
Corporal Yakob said:

type [ youtube= ] after that = you put the part of the youtube link that follows the ?v=

Well now I've gone and completely buggered it up!
[ youtube = AaFamedaS1g ] I meant it like that (without the spaces). Maybe my previous bit wasn't to clear but you do not have to add the ?v=

found a fitting song for this topic though

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
is anyone else thinking the best plan would be to send gay people to hold hands and kiss just outside their houses until they give in?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Draconalis said:
JediMB said:
http://www.egscomics.com/?date=2012-02-17
I haven't followed that comic in forever... is that the copy? Or is that the guy that can turn into a girl?
That'd be Elliot's clone/sister, Ellen.

"Forever" sounds about right if you've read the comic and can't tell. ;D

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Oh cool, lazy, ignorant and small minded parents who would rather the "problem" disappear rather than teach their children that this is normal.

Let's breed even more assholes into the world like them.

OmegaAlucard777

Sep 20, 2010
There is absoluetly nothing wrong with gay people getting married. It's sickening that this is still a hot topic in 2012. I thought we were supposed to be all peaceful and understanding by now... Oh well, I'll let Patton Oswalt give his 2 cents for me. (up until the 3min 40secs mark)

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
Akalabeth said:
Why is a parent who doesn't want to expose their kids to sex and violence treated any differently than a parent who doesn't want to expose their kids to the concept of homosexuality?
Why should there be any concern at all about exposing a child to the "concept of homosexuality"? You have to understand that to even frame the issue in that matter (this is something I don't want my child being exposed to just yet) is a sign of prejudice, when one would never consider the "concept of heterosexuality" in the same light.

Now, I'm not going to jump up in anyone's face and scream at them that they're a bigot, because that's not my way, and I know how hard it can be to reverse the prejudices that you grew up with. But to deny that they are prejudices ensures that you'll never get rid of them, either. Breaking down those walls isn't an easy process for anyone to go through, but it's one that must be undertaken if people are going to make any progress towards equality.

Parents can raise their kids however they want, but they should think long and hard about whether their attempts to "protect" a kid will end up hurting him in the long run. A mom's effort to prevent her child from being exposed to homosexuality isn't going to work out too well if that kid ends up being gay. He could end up hating himself, feeling ashamed of his own natural desires. That is a very difficult and painful position to put a kid in, and it could be avoided if the parents would only deal with the issue early, with acceptance and tolerance.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i was going to reply to Volf but i scrapped it for i would probably get banned for personal insults.

On topic: if those moms think that gay marriage is a concept too hard for kids to understand than they deserve a good brain slap so they would start using their brains for once.

Sidiron

Feb 11, 2008
I am really losing faith in the sanity and intelligence of people here, as it has already been said but no one is paying attention.

It isn't about whether the mum's in question should be able to control what their kids are exposed to, but in this day and age and also with this era's laws.

It is ILLEGAL to discriminate against black people/midgets/dwarfs/spastics AND homosexuals in the way such as they are going on about now, showing a gay married (civilly partnered) couple is called keeping up with current affairs, if it was a black couple (oh wait there is a black man on the cover :O) you wouldn't think of causing such a shit storm. And why is that, because most of us have matured past that and it is now something normal to see.

Hopefully this type of thing will be a thing of the past in 5/10/20 years (if not before) but at the moment we can't point out to you nutters, that this is the REAL problem.

No I am not running round in a pink mankini, kissing all the men in the street nor do I snog all the women in the street, so grow up and realise that getting stroppy about two men kissing is just like seeing a black man and a white woman kissing 15/20 years ago, it's weird and you aren't used to it. But it is not something that will cause the world to end.

Chill the hell out!

EDIT: Corrected a sentence.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
jimborious said:
We in the "tried fencing for a few weeks at uni club" call that a well exceuted parry and riposte, a tip of the hat to him for not backing down.
Those of us in the scientific community refer to this as a textbook example of a "sick burn".

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Sidiron said:
I am really losing faith in the sanity and intelligence of people here, as it has already been said but no one is paying attention.

It isn't about whether the mum's in question should be able to control what their kids are exposed to, but in this day and age and also with this era's laws.

It is ILLEGAL to discriminate against black people/midgets/dwarfs/spastics AND homosexuals in the way such as they are going on about now, showing a gay married (civilly partnered) couple is called keeping up with current affairs, if it was a black couple (oh wait there is a black man on the cover :O) you wouldn't think of causing such a shit storm. And why is that, because most of us have matured past that and it is now something normal to see.

Hopefully this type of thing will be a thing of the past in 5/10/20 years (if not before) but at the moment we can't point out to you nutters, that this is the REAL problem.

No I am not running round in a pink mankini, kissing all the men in the street nor do I snog all the women in the street, so grow up and realise that getting stroppy about two men kissing is just like seeing a black man and a white woman kissing 15/20 years ago, it's weird and you aren't used to it. But it is not something that will cause the world to end.

Chill the hell out!

EDIT: Corrected a sentence.
While I agree with the principle of the matter, I just have a nitpick, so forgive me.

1mil moms is based in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong, but discrimination against homosexuals in the US may be wrong, but it's still legal. There is no law saying you can't discriminate, period. However, it becomes illegal when it's the premise for denying you a job, or getting kicked out of the military, etc.

An anti-homosexuality group that protests against LGBT things is in itself perfectly legal, as it falls under freedom of speech and assembly, unfortunately. After all, the WBC is still around.