One Million Moms Want Same-Sex Archie Comic Out of Toys 'R' Us

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I really don't get this "how will we explain it to our children?" thing. Between when I was a kid and now, did someone put something in the water to make all kids total morons? Because this isn't fucking rocket science! It really just isn't.

Though I'm more annoyed with the parents who say that kind of shit than anything. What, we should hide stuff you don't like just because you don't want to face reality and actually explain something to your stupid kids? Why do you want your kids to be bigots, Moms? Why would you want this? It seems utterly divorced from reality that "acceptance and tolerance of one another" has somehow been warped in these vapid, nagging bitches' minds to somehow be a bad thing.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I have a problem with people who say everyone has a "right to their own opinion" even when it comes to such disgusting topics as homophobia.

Seriously, anti-hate speech was established so freedom of speech wouldn't be abused to raise more hate for vulnerable groups. Don't then fucking backpedal and say people have a right to HATE on, in this case, homosexuals.

tipp6353

Oct 7, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Archie has some balls having this cover and i salute them. When i read "A soldier comes home from the war to marry his boyfreind" i was like "Oh snap!". Seriosuly this goes stright to the heard of the modern biggotry in society. Here we have an openly gay man, a solider no less, having a perfectly normal wedding to someone he loves. In the Wake of "don't ask don't tell" and the quite recent onslaught of the 'christian' right on gay rights in some areas this has depth and subtext most adults could do with processing.

Their biggoted brains just can't handle this. Its such a matter of a fact thing and its presented so normally its wonderful. Archie and Toys R us are like; "Yeah, there are gay people in the army, in the suburbs and they get married now. Whats the big deal?" and for that we should all be glad.
So because I am Christan then I am a bigot?

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
ahh the good old "My opinion is just as valid as yours" defence. I am amazed it took three pages to turn up.( I have not read all 14 pages because i would go cross eyed)

Whilst everybody has a right to hold an opinion on something some peoples opinions are worth more than others, for example my opinion of say, Nuclear Power is worth far less than that of someone with a PHd in Nuclear Fusion (or whatever it is you need to run a nuclear power plant) because my knowledge of nuclear power comes from watching Threads and playing STALKER so I don't know shit about the realities of the subject and their knowledge comes from spending years learning about exactly how radioactive elements work and how they effect the world around them.

So in my opinion I think gay marriages should be allowed because whilst the idea of marriage may have once been completely linked with the idea of a "Union in the eyes of god" it is now seen in the general modern culture as being two people dedicating there lives to each other in a very visible and overt fashion. I see no problem in allowing everybody the same ability to express that sentiment and I feel my opinion in this is valid because everything I have ever seen of gay people in my life has shown me that the idea of their love being "Wrong" just points to the person with that opinion having a very narrow knowledge of gay people.

I imagine someone has already said pretty much this but god dammit I am not going to go through all the trolling to get to it.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
Notice how they don't label their group 1 million parents.
As a father of two I am constantly disappointed by these groups assuming that maternity gives them some form of authority on morals.
It is true that you do start to see things differently when your life becomes dedicated to the nurture of another human being but I don't think it gives me automatic authority over others.

So, as a parent, groups like the PTC and 1 million moms and others of their ilk are talking utter shit. They should be ridiculed and ignored by other parents.

Apr 29, 2010
Too young to understand? Well then, how about you explain that it's possible for two men or two women to fall in love with each other? Instead of wasting time with anti-gay protests and whatnot, just tell your kids that people of the same sex can fall in love. I'm pretty sure they'll be more understanding than you will ever be.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
I've sort of decided that the American Family Association is pretty much the "censorship" version of the Westboro Baptist Church ...

This is absolutely ridiculous. On the other hand, I bet the Archie comic sells a lot more copies than it would have if it weren't for these dumbshits.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
jurnag12 said:
This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand.
And yet, somehow, I suspect that many of these mothers would have no problem bringing their children to church on Sunday.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
tipp6353 said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
Archie has some balls having this cover and i salute them. When i read "A soldier comes home from the war to marry his boyfreind" i was like "Oh snap!". Seriosuly this goes stright to the heard of the modern biggotry in society. Here we have an openly gay man, a solider no less, having a perfectly normal wedding to someone he loves. In the Wake of "don't ask don't tell" and the quite recent onslaught of the 'christian' right on gay rights in some areas this has depth and subtext most adults could do with processing.

Their biggoted brains just can't handle this. Its such a matter of a fact thing and its presented so normally its wonderful. Archie and Toys R us are like; "Yeah, there are gay people in the army, in the suburbs and they get married now. Whats the big deal?" and for that we should all be glad.
So because I am Christan then I am a bigot?
I'd say you're either a bigot or not a very good Christian. Own up to the label you've chosen or set it aside.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Wookie 1 said:
There are other justifications than religion, lots of them. Particularly that of it making no evoloutionary sense whatsoever that this would have any natural advabtage (after all they are less likely to reproduce than the norm).
Oh, certainly. Because if humanity has one pressing concern going into the new millennium, it's our low breeding rate. Stop being gay, everybody, or our species will lose its ecological niche!

Regardless of whether or not there is an evolutionary problem with homosexuality, I fail to see how Darwinian evolutionary principles have any moral ramifications for the human race. Maybe it isn't evolutionarily selected for: so what? That fact has all the moral value of saying that homosexuals aren't aerodynamic.

So what are these "lots of reasons"? The fact is that there's really no line of reasoning that would lead a person to homophobia besides religion.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Dascylus said:
Notice how they don't label their group 1 million parents.
As a father of two I am constantly disappointed by these groups assuming that maternity gives them some form of authority on morals.
It is true that you do start to see things differently when your life becomes dedicated to the nurture of another human being but I don't think it gives me automatic authority over others.

So, as a parent, groups like the PTC and 1 million moms and others of their ilk are talking utter shit. They should be ridiculed and ignored by other parents.

Thank you. This is just how I feel. I really hate it when people become parents and automatically assume authority over others when trying to protect their precious offspring (in some cases devil spawn) from becoming corrupted.

I think that when you become a parent you suddenly have to become an expert on a lot of things. I am not a parent so there are lots of things I do not know such as how to deal with a crying child or what to feed a baby. However, I think parenting begins at home and if parents do not like something, they have the choice of refusing to buy it. That is why I really hate it when parents complain about tv and video games....um....there is an OFF button.

Parents should be parents and not political or moral crusaders (dictators)

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Civilian marriage is an empty institution which should be open to anything. Are you really trusting a man of the law\state to declare the truth, how naive is that? You don't need that to declare love. Between two men in the case of same-sex marriages, or man and his hand when it's about gamers.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
I'm surprised they (the protestors) didn't have anything to say about the fact that a white man is marrying a black man too!

Fucking idiots.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
an honest message to 1200 house keeping wives of rich husbands; this is a true story of the events that followed when everyone heard about your claims.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
I have to wonder if the name "one million moms" wasnt solely chosen to create misleading headlines about the group.