One of Those "Aw c'mon!" Moments

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Have you ever had a moment where you wanted to just yell "Aw c'mon!" or "God dammit, of course!" like I just did? I was searching frantic for a song in one of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks, going through every single boss theme the internet had, and all of the game's music on my music library. I was about to come here and ask for help, when I thought I remembered.

I checked my iTunes library. I had the correct soundtrack up. I look at disk 2, suddenly, there it is. 15-20 minutes of looking all of the damn place and it was right there. I wanted to flip out. It was one of *those* moments... I hate them!

Ever had a moment like that, or one that makes you go "Aw, c'mon! Seriously?!"

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
yesterday I watched an obscure movie called "When the Night is falling"

there is a segment where a bunch of performance dress in old timey dresses and dance with Irons....as in the irons you use on your shirt

Iron dance

....yeeeeaaahh...what?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The last time I acted like that was the MCM Expo a month ago.

I was standing outside in heavy rain and I was in the queue for an hour and a half to get in. When they did let the queue in, I cheer with the other people only to be shot down that I was in another queue but this time I was inside now which just happened to stop raining aswell.

Ok to be fair I should of seen it coming seeing how I notice we were half an hour early to go into the actually expo (they let those who order the ticket online first while for us who buy a tick on the day wait an hour longer).

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
This Friday just gone was due to be a once in a lifetime event. The Canadian Lancaster, the only other airworthy example, was due to arrive at RAF Coningsby.

A real show was planned. The Canadian Lancaster was due to fly in formation with the BBMF example, along with Spitfires, Hurricanes, and also the Red Arrows. Thousands of people were expected, my friends and I didn't even bother sleeping, deciding to leave at 4am, to ensure getting parked and in a decent spot.

The day was lovely. From sunrise, things were looking amazing. Fluffy clouds filled the sky, with patches of blue.....a photographers dream. And then, with 20 minutes until the epic arrival, the weather went downhill in the biggest way possible! Showers leading to flash-floods, thunder, lightning, 35mph winds. Hurrican Bertha had just winged us! The awaiting veterans hid in hangers, the flypasts were scrapped, and the Canadian visitors only just made it through the storm-front.

Either side of Friday, the weather was amazing. But, as per usual, the British weather hit us with a massive 'fuck-you'!

I managed to photograph her, but things could have been so much better :/

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The ending of the manga Tokyo Boys & Girls. It's about this girl who is in love with three different guys who all have the hots for her.

In the end, she just smiles and goes "I don't want to choose between them." A thousand frickin' pages of manga ruined, just because the manga creator felt it was too unpleasant to have to choose just one guy.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I've just played my last match of League of Legends. It was so bad and a total defeat. I played Soraka and I had the most kills on the team.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Xcom Enemy Within, Classic mode and doing the Overseer UFO mission.

Reached the crash site, trading fire with some Muton Elites, move a tooper off to one side and atop a nearby outcropping.

Turns out the outcropping was hiding a Sectopod.

Well F#ck

Ok, hammer the Sectopod and move my MEC trooper to deal some close combat...

My MEC just activated a second Sectopod hiding just out of sight.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ever lost your glasses while they're on your face? I have.

Did you spend two hours looking for them? I did.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Last night I watched The Amazing Spiderman 2 and the ending was definitely a "Aw c'mon!Seriously!?" moment..

Rhino eventually shows up and he and Spidey start to fight and then...cut to credits!??.Seriously that's what happens.The movie ends in the middle of a fight with one of the villains.You're waiting over 2 hours for Rhino to even show up and then he's in the movie for like 5 mins and it ends in the middle of a fight.Bullshit

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Mario Kart... God damn MarioKart!!!
Yesterday too I got tripped by red shells in 2 matches on the finishingline when I was 2nd or 3rd only to finish 7th or 8th -.-

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
The last time I acted like that was the MCM Expo a month ago.

I was standing outside in heavy rain and I was in the queue for an hour and a half to get in. When they did let the queue in, I cheer with the other people only to be shot down that I was in another queue but this time I was inside now which just happened to stop raining aswell.

Ok to be fair I should of seen it coming seeing how I notice we were half an hour early to go into the actually expo (they let those who order the ticket online first while for us who buy a tick on the day wait an hour longer).
Had a guy queuing behind us at LFCC for over 3 hours before someone pointed out to him he had a queue jump ticket and could have walked straight in

Feb 4, 2014
Elvis Starburst said:
Have you ever had a moment where you wanted to just yell "Aw c'mon!" or "God dammit, of course!" like I just did? I was searching frantic for a song in one of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks, going through every single boss theme the internet had, and all of the game's music on my music library. I was about to come here and ask for help, when I thought I remembered.

I checked my iTunes library. I had the correct soundtrack up. I look at disk 2, suddenly, there it is. 15-20 minutes of looking all of the damn place and it was right there. I wanted to flip out. It was one of *those* moments... I hate them!

Which track was it :D ?
Track searching on Youtube isn't always easy because all the recommended video's seem to be always the same :p

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
Uh, missing the hole in Mario Golf. Every fucking time.

I have a ton of those moments, but it's a bit hard to just name them. Since I've been playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour recently (Damn fun game, but a bit hard to master), that's at the top of my head right now.

Sparky184

Dec 23, 2010
The ending to Edge of Tomorrow.

It would have been a great ending with Cruise's character sacrificing himself for the good of mankind after being a coward at the start of the film, truly fulfilling his arc. Then some bullshit happens and he comes back. It just felt so forced. I have no idea if that's how it goes in the book, but I hear the film only takes the base idea and they are very different.

In my mind that movie will always end about 5 minutes before it actually does.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker. The singing AI which drowns itself at the end of the game. Apparently, it's supposed to symbolize the Boss' innocence from the events of Snake Eater. I...just, what? Fuck off, Kojima. A little silliness is fine, but that made zero sense.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Sparky184 said:

It would have been a great ending with Cruise's character sacrificing himself for the good of mankind after being a coward at the start of the film, truly fulfilling his arc. Then some bullshit happens and he comes back. It just felt so forced. I have no idea if that's how it goes in the book, but I hear the film only takes the base idea and they are very different.

The book and movie share the same general plot and two characters, Rita and Tom Cruise's sergeant. Other than that, night and day. The book ending is much better, the main character is Japanese, and just overall better.

Queen Michael said:
The ending of the manga Tokyo Boys & Girls. It's about this girl who is in love with three different guys who all have the hots for her.

In the end, she just smiles and goes "I don't want to choose between them." A thousand frickin' pages of manga ruined, just because the manga creator felt it was too unpleasant to have to choose just one guy.
I kinda just wanna say "Welcome to the hell that is harem manga!" So many writers lack the balls to make a decision for fear of angering fans, which is usually something to be cautious about. The writer of Oreimo was sent death threats over the ending, just because some people didn't like the way it was going. So why risk angering fans and risking potential sales of your next work? As an avid reader of harem manga, I've never read one harem where the someone chooses one person. It's either no one or everyone.

Mine happens a lot in anime. Mostly when actions don't have the proper consequences. Example, Highschool DxD has big sacrifice the MC does to save his friend. Only the sacrifice means nothing as they "fix" it through bullshit methods. When I saw them fix it in the credits, I just screamed "Come the fuck on!"

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Prepare Your Keyhole said:
Elvis Starburst said:

Which track was it :D ?
Track searching on Youtube isn't always easy because all the recommended video's seem to be always the same :p
It was Rage Awakened -The Origin- from Birth By Sleep. I remembered the video because it had a blue background with all three of the main characters on the right side. So, I always looked for that video thumbnail. And somehow, through ALL of the boss and battle themes in all of the games, this one never ever appeared ever again through the 2 searches I've done looking for it. I have no idea why =3=

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Sparky184 said:

I had a "Aww, C'mon!" moment about two or three minutes before that:

I don't know if it is part of the book or not, but I really hated the kiss between Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise just before the final mission. I believed they were warriors, then the film shoehorns a romance subplot in the last two or three seconds, which made my maybe ending of a 10 drop to a 9, and then the poor ending drop to an 8. Great movie while it lasted, but I don't need to have shoehorned romance in my movies, if it can be avoided.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The ending to The Lego movie, a fun, silly film right up until the end when

It turns into a movie about a child and his dad

Totally jarring, like they didn't know how to end the film.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Ever lost your glasses while they're on your face? I have.

Did you spend two hours looking for them? I did.
I spent an hour looking for my keys (they were in my pocket), sunglasses (on my head), favorite pair of shoes (ON MY FEET!!!). Yeah... I'm pretty damn unobservant.