One video game feature you wish you could have in real life?

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
A save system. It'd be like being in a version of Groundhog Day that I can control, which would be both awesome and practical. I'd be able to do whatever I want without consequences, and could just reload saves if I accidentally mess up on something important. The freedom to be as bold as I want without any real risk would just be amazing.

Jun 16, 2010
Wouldn't an instant save/load system eventually suck all the fun out of life (like it does with games)?
There would be essentially no risk or challenge or any conceivable consequence to anything. You could save-scum your way through every single scenario, making all of your accomplishments a hollow test of patience.
Mere existence would become so boring and rote, you'd probably end up going mad.

You have to imagine that anything you choose will eventually become mundane.
Which is why I'd pick having a virtually limitless inventory.
Because, I mean, how could that ever be a bad thing?

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
The pause menu. It's got pretty much everything you could ever need. Options, new game, restart, main menu and most importantly save/load. The things I could do with a quicksave feature.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
A lot of people want to save their progress, apparently.
I'll parrot them; the ability to redo a moment in your life would be invaluable.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Saving, obviously. Or at the very least that rewind mechanic from Sands of Time. Punch jerks as much as you want, no consequences.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Save games. You screw something up, you go back with knowledge on how to stop it.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
The upgrade system from Saints Row the Third with the unlimited respect cheat. There's nothing like being invinible to anything that would try and kill you.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
With a save/reload system you could become immortal. I would save my game as soon as I got the ability (right now, at the age of 30), live my entire life taking all sorts of crazy risks without worrying about the consequences, and then decades later on my deathbed I'd be like, all right, let's give this another whirl. Die, come back at the age of 30 again and try things differently.

Oh, and going into my first respawn I'd make sure to memorize a bunch of stock market tips.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
It just occured to me, a save system could be a curse as well as a blessing. Imagine you use your save two seconds before getting hit by a bus.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Double Jump

I want the amazing feeling of getting an extra couple feet by jumping off of mid-aid

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I'm really surprised about the abundance of minimap or HUD elements as a whole.

You would never get lost. EVER.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Mods.

I'd like something akin to the Steam Workshop or Nexus where I can browse and easily modify my life and the world.