One video game feature you wish you could have in real life?

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
Gotta go with save points and multiple save files. I'd like to be able to see just about every possible outcome from some of my choices :)

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
It's been said many times before, but I'll say it again: save/load. Preferably with multiple slots. I'd abuse the hell out of that.

Other than that, though, New Game+ would be freaking awesome. Once your game ends (you die), you can start over from the beginning with all of your skills, abilities and knowledge. You get to relive your life from the start.

Barring those two, a quantifiable level up and skill allocation system would be really cool because then I'd have some way to gauge my competence in a skill.

Or dialogue trees. I'm really bad at deciding what to say, so having limited options would REALLY help me out in social situations.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
DLC that came already installed to this planet.
I try walk into my new house and a Microsoft van pulls up outside it, I get a bag put over my head and it whisks me to the Microsoft store, there I have to purchase rights to access any other houses than the one I was born in.

That sounds fun, right?! D:

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Midgeamoo said:
DLC that came already installed to this planet.
I try walk into my new house and a Microsoft van pulls up outside it, I get a bag put over my head and it whisks me to the Microsoft store, there I have to purchase rights to access any other houses than the one I was born in.

That sounds fun, right?! D:
Don't forget they ship you a little coffin for whatever broke down, even you! :D

OT: Double jumps would be pretty fucking sweet.

That or the ability to shoot fire after eating a certain flower that won't kill me.

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
First my serious answer. My ability to run the stock market on my realm in Wow.

Answer 2. Biowares conversation wheel thing, that way i know if im about to say something stupid

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
so many people wish they could treat life with save and reload points. I have to agree ^_^

Though, I think the ability to punch something and break off a square chunk of it that I could instantly combine with something else to form a new thing might be interesting. Certainly no jail could hold me if I could mine my way out...

Maybe just out and out minecraft creative mod. Goodbye world hunger, infinite fish and bread. Wait a second...infinite fish and bread, scruffy beard...minecraft steve is jesus?

LordLucan375

Feb 15, 2011
Probably already said, but quick save/load would be great. Anyone who has ever had to make a public speech or spilled coffee will get where I'm coming from...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I can't decide between regenerating health and stat leveling!

Phasmal said:
I imagine it'd be really weird for your mum when you come out walking and talking.
Nah, most New Game plus options leave everyone completely oblivious to the differences. I'm more concerned with the coming out part. Your poor mum. How many HP do you think she loses?

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Being able to reload a previous save. Would have saved myself from so many situations if I had that ability.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I would go with a new game + kinda thing, where I would start life anew in a fresh body with all of my memories intact as many times as I wanted. That way when I had had enough, I could just stop, after all, what fun is life without risk or challenge? Having to start again even with all the knowledge you still have, you would still have to train that body to walk/speak again, and get it in good shape... And you could be a kid again, but have all the advantages of an old soul within to guide you and keep you from fuckin up too much... and y'know the same personality, and be you...Fuck cheat codes, I'm not even old and I can see life getting boring as fuck with the power to do anything, and I can see wanting to stop living at some point, what with all the bullshit I've dealt with, and the possibility of getting bored with this shit.

It would be awesome to have a bit more time though, and keeping your memories and being able to refresh your body like that would be nice, also, people always treat kids a lot nicer than adults, and when I was a kid I took great pleasure in proving I was smarter than a lot of the adults around me... immagine how well one could do that with an entire lifetime of experience behind you. :D

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Easy one for me, this:
The ability to improve at almost any skill by grinding at it for just a couple hours. I'd become an expert lockpick, chef, unarmed and armed combatist in all types of weapons, musician of any instrument of my choosing, just about anything. It would be awesome. Even speech/charisma/diplomacy would be a breeze, just from talking to people in everyday life. I know real life is pretty much like that, but what I mean is just narrowing down the time required to do it by a few powers of 10.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
A Level Up System. When i learn how to do something, I want a little *ding* sound and some text pop up above my head. Followed by allowing me to pick a perk. Y'know, for kicks.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
quick save/load

Oh how many times I've wished for that to be a feature of real life... About to confess feelings towards a person? No problem, just save before doing it and if you fuck up you can reload and try again!

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
probably the most common answer here, the save, load, new life.
or a feature like the pip boy in fallout which is like a iphone if it was on your wrist and stores your weapons and armor.
Or vita chamber from bioshock because It's pretty awesome.

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
The obvious save/load feature and a HUD. Possibly a HUD like the visors in the Metroid Prime trilogy. Look at something to analyze it, use x-ray and thermal vision, etc.

The social enhancer augment from Deus Ex: HR would be pretty cool too, and even useful in day to day life.